Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Susquehannock said:Means the system isn't 100% stable.
Back off your overclock maybe?
malicious said:damn .. lots of peeps helping this guy
another vote for memory check
Check in CPU-Z how fast you're running your memory at. Are those timings 2.5-3-3-6 spec'd for the speed you're running? What's your mem divider?jhego said:I used the test In-place large FFTs. I'll try and do memtest. I did set the RAM manually to 2.5-3-3-6 since it was advertised that way. If set in auto, it goes 3-6-6-8.
quadnad said:It is very possible that your PSU isn't supplying the proper amount of voltage to the CPU. Try and manually set the voltage in the BIOS so that it matches your stock vcore. Make sure that both the asus probe and cpuz read the same voltages. if it isn't working after that, bump up the vcore one notch, and run the test again.
if it works after that, then the psu just isn't supplying the proc enough power. You then have the choice of leaving it at that vcore, or purchasing a new psu.
when i say that the psu isn't supplying the correct voltage, it could just be that the psu was defective to begin with. so just give it a shot to manually set the voltage, test it, and if it isn't ok try and set the voltage one setting higher than stock.jhego said:I just bought the OCZ Powerstream 520W 2 weeks ago. Do i really need to purchase another PSU? I'll try to manually bump the Vcore to 1.50.
The PSU doesnt become unstable, however if its unable to supply enough stable power (read stable voltages) for the system, the system will become unstable. Best way to stress test a PSU is to run Prime with in-place large FFTs, while looping 3dMark. That'll cover max heat output and max power consumption.jhego said:I didn't know PSU can be unstable too. I mean, if its unstable, it would just not turn on at all. I wonder if there is a PSU stress testWell, i bumped the vcore to 1.50 and im testing it now as i type. If its still unstable then i'm gonna have to RMA it on Monday.
yeah lets make it run really slow....kleox64 said:memory, also load default BIOS options.
quadnad said:Well, if thats the default vcore (i think it is...but i'm too damn tired to google) then you shouldn't have an issue. If that is beyond the default vcore, I would definetly RMA the psu.
jhego said:Hmm, when i checked the BIOS after loading the default setups it was on Auto. How can you check the default vcore? The CPU-Z and Asus Probe still shows the vcore at the same level so i guess this is the default vcore???? It's weird, i mean why didnt the BIOS supply the right voltage if it was on Auto. I thought Auto means self adjustable?![]()
malicious said:well since this thread is "case closed" and it turned out to be the motherboard i think it's fitting that i mention that
MY NEW PUPPY"S NAME IS MOBO!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Most times if you set auto, BIOS should detect it right. I personally never had a mobo that didn't. What proc are you using btw? check on intel or amd website if that's really the right default vcore.jhego said:Hmm, when i checked the BIOS after loading the default setups it was on Auto. How can you check the default vcore? The CPU-Z and Asus Probe still shows the vcore at the same level so i guess this is the default vcore???? It's weird, i mean why didnt the BIOS supply the right voltage if it was on Auto. I thought Auto means self adjustable?![]()