Epic Games Store

lol Epic is going to crash lol I just uninstalled it last month cuz of Wonderlands.

Sale should be starting.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/sales-and-specials/mega-sale

epicsale.png

It's 25% automatic.

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/coupons/mega-sale

The 25% Epic Coupon for Epic MEGA Sale is automatically applied to eligible transactions at checkout. The discount will apply to each eligible product purchased either individually or within the shopping cart AND you’ll get another coupon each time you complete an eligible transaction. Epic Coupons apply to single or multiple eligible games priced at, or combining to, $14.99 or above (or local currency equivalent), see the FAQ below for more details.

The Epic Games Store MEGA Sale is live from May 19, 2022 at 11am EDT to June 16 2022 at 11am EDT. Coupons expire on Thursday June 16, 2022 at 11:00AM Eastern Daylight Time.

The coupon is a flat 25% starting at $15. Which means if the game costs $40, you get a $10 coupon. Over $40, your coupon is more than $10.
So you can't get $15 games for $5 anymore, but you get a slightly larger discount on bigger purchases.

Overall it's a huge nerf.

Final Fantasy Origins I wouldn't mind that game just picked up Far Cry 6 which was 23.00 total might of been cheaper on UBI store but I didn't see the coupon on the top.

the 25% coupon is a nice bonus...so with the coupon Dying Light 2 is $40...I doubt the upcoming Steam Summer sale will have it for cheaper because of the 25% extra from Epic

BL3 for free is great, but yeah the sale isn't as good as previous ones with the coupons. But anyone who expected that to last forever wasn't thinking realistically. Remember when AAA games went from $60 to $5 on Steam within a year? Those days are gone.

too bad Epic Store doesn't have Flash Sales...that would make these sales really 'Epic' ;)

Good game, played it twice. Will grab if free, but underwhelming. Typically they start off good and end good. Middle giveaways seem to be underwhelming.

I though this was an interesting bit of info for this particular thread....

So "Old World" launched last week on Steam. Seems pretty cool - a combo of Civ IV 4x strategy and CK3 style RPG elements. Little did I know this game had been out for TWO YEARS as an EGS exclusive. Never heard of it, and some places I would expect to have a review or a "let's play" video never did. And when I searched this forum for the game, I get nothing. That can't be just coincidence. Meanwhile, the EGS provides virtually nothing other than a "Buy" button. No reviews, no nothing. I find it very helpful to look at Steam reviews for something if I'm thinking of buying.

It begs the question of how much developers and publishers are getting paid to make their game an EGS exclusive. I would think it has to be substantial given what appears to be a fairly significant drop in exposure keeping your game off a platform like Steam for 2 years.

I though this was an interesting bit of info for this particular thread....

So "Old World" launched last week on Steam. Seems pretty cool - a combo of Civ IV 4x strategy and CK3 style RPG elements. Little did I know this game had been out for TWO YEARS as an EGS exclusive. Never heard of it, and some places I would expect to have a review or a "let's play" video never did. And when I searched this forum for the game, I get nothing. That can't be just coincidence. Meanwhile, the EGS provides virtually nothing other than a "Buy" button. No reviews, no nothing. I find it very helpful to look at Steam reviews for something if I'm thinking of buying.

It begs the question of how much developers and publishers are getting paid to make their game an EGS exclusive. I would think it has to be substantial given what appears to be a fairly significant drop in exposure keeping your game off a platform like Steam for 2 years.
Sounds like a failure of the dev to publicize the game.

LOL, search algorithm is crap, apparently(?). I searched for exactly that - "Old World" - that first result didn't even come up. I searched again before you responded and the old relevant response was my post in this thread. I wonder if there is a "time relevance" aspect to it. Never had trouble finding something on [H] forums with the search before, so when I got no results, I didn't look any further.

Last edited:
LOL, search algorithm is crap, apparently(?). I searched for exactly that - "Old World" - that first result didn't even come up. I searched again before you responded and the old relevant response was my post in this thread. I wonder if there is a "time relevance" aspect to it. Never had trouble finding something on [H] forums with the search before, so when I got no results, I didn't look any further.
Did you search with the title only option selected ? If you search for a thread about something, usually that would have more chance to work.

Back