Enermax ETS-T50 Axe CPU Air Cooler Review @ [H]

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by Kyle_Bennett, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

Enermax ETS-T50 Axe CPU Air Cooler Review - Enermax keeps up its onslaught of CPU air cooler designs today with a tower cooler that uses five direct touch heatpipes to move all those BTUs. It has LED lighted fans along with a stealthy black exterior. Interestingly, Enermax has included a ducting system on the back in order to hopefully help better exhaust all that hot air from your CPU.

Don Hwang likes this.
  2. DrLobotomy

DrLobotomy [H]ardness Supreme

That doggone Reeven just doesn't want to give it up!!!

The 5 heatpipes looked promising for the Enermax, but no dice. I do like the appearance of it and maybe if someone strapped 2 high end fans on it, it might perform better.

Nice review as usual.

Talyrius, Don Hwang and ICOM like this.
  3. ICOM

ICOM 2[H]4U

Yeah...That Reeven Justice is crushing it. Even the best AIO's are feeling the heat from the Reeven.

4. dergreg

dergreg Limp Gawd

I bought the Reeven Justice after reading your review and got similar performance but every time I see a cooler hit the reviews I'm curious if something might beat it. So far I don't think I'll ever regret spending that $42 on the Reeven.

I will say I am hopeful for some competition at that price/performance when I upgrade, I love getting the best value for my dollar.

atp1916, Talyrius, Don Hwang and 2 others like this.
  5. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

I hope this company keeps developing. Looks like a new Thermalright to me.

6. nightanole

nightanole [H]ard|Gawd

Don Hwang likes this.
  7. Incontentia Buttocks

Incontentia Buttocks n00bie

From here it (cost vs performance) appears that going water cooling is more of a fashion statement than a necessity. The aptly named Justice blows everything out of the water (pun intended).

Don Hwang likes this.
  8. Don Hwang

Don Hwang Enermax & LepaTek Representative

Though the ENERMAX ETS-T50 Axe can't compete as far as pricing, the quality, additional features and overall performance and shinning pretty lights does set it apart. Well second place isn't bad and I'd have to say myself I'm happy with that.

noko and Kyle_Bennett like this.
  9. DigitalGriffin

DigitalGriffin 2[H]4U

The excess fan blade noise is partly attributed to the blade profile. (That's a duh) But it's non laminar at the transitions. Even feathering doesn't help here. (Possibly a side effect of trying to make them dust free?) But in a closed space volume like axial fans it generates faster airflow with more noise and stronger transition boundaries.

Little background: A sudden pressure gradient can cause particles to fly up and over. (Sort like snow flying up and over your windshield during a snow storm.) It was a little freaky watching it just flow over my corvette without touching it. (And no fellow corvette owners: My corvette didn't melt or crash)

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  10. atp1916

atp1916 2[H]4U

How could anything realistically compete with the Reeven Justice at its performance / $40 price point?

Regardless, I like the fit and finish of this Enermax product (easy installation, well-pressurized contact enforcement, dimensions taking into account the ram slots). Lots of coolers get one of many or those details all wrong. The Reeven if i remember correctly blocks a ram slot and requires far more of an installation effort.

Now, I could see a version 2 of this product that would feature some cost optimizations that could allow Enermax to sell it a bit more cheaply. As stated in the review, this product is simply priced incorrectly:
    All in all though, i really enjoy these types of reviews and the frequency they are put out. Real value to the masses here.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  11. Lord Risky

Lord Risky AMDFanboy EchoChamber Member

Chilling review......

12. NMR Guy

NMR Guy Limp Gawd

I just yesterday pulled a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme out of my old 2007 Q6600 system. Thermalright made some good air coolers and the performance was reasonably close to what I get out of a entry level sealed liquid cooler. Drawback is they get in the way of cables in cheaper cases.

13. noko

noko 2[H]4U

14. s10010001

s10010001 [H]ardness Supreme

Looks like a bling'd out clone of the Thermalright hr01... Loved that cooler