Empire at War

The Death star doesn't come into play in campaign until much later.

Blakestr said:
go to the planetary view and make sure...they might have one unit with them....

Nope, not one unit, just R2 and C3PO...they won't go to Calamari no matter what I try.

I can't get any other planet open either, is it because of the linearity of the game?

The campaign unlocks planets in groups in order to facilitate some sort of storyline. I don't exactly remember the exact mission you are talking about.
Do you have to drag R2D2 to the "Steal" slot at Mon Cal? Or do you have to send a fleet there first and then bring the droids?

VolvoR said:
Nope, not one unit, just R2 and C3PO...they won't go to Calamari no matter what I try.

I can't get any other planet open either, is it because of the linearity of the game?

More than likely you have not captured the nearest planet in the "starlane" to Clamari. The game won't let you send them until you have opened up the lane.

VolvoR said:
so how do I open them up??

Take on all other planets before storyline missions...it makes the game easier and gives you more income and whatnot. Also, it doesn't matter what planet you send them to get the techs, they will get the same techs from any imperial controlled planet you send them to.

Ok, am I an idiot or is this just not working for me. 8 planets are Green, oneis red, and I can't send anyone there. The rest are still greyed out.

Could you type out the mission objective as stated in the objectives section. I'm trying to remember this mission.

Sounds like the one where you have to use R2 and 3PO to hack a building on the surface but I can't remember.

It's the 5th mission on the Rebel Campaign. You have to send R2 and C3PO to steal tech. That's the only option open to me. There's NOTHING else I can do right now. I'm confused :confused: :confused:

Well, the Death Star has taken out Aldaraan and Dantooine (and Mon Mothma apparently). And I am tightning the noose and keeping the empire at bay. After a bit I was experiencing SEVERE drops in FPS, anyone else? Up until now my trusty P4B was holding its own, but I'm wondering if I may be forced to upgrade before DirectX 10 comes out...don't wanna do it! :eek:

VolvoR said:
It's the 5th mission on the Rebel Campaign. You have to send R2 and C3PO to steal tech. That's the only option open to me. There's NOTHING else I can do right now. I'm confused :confused: :confused:

Hmm, strange, if its the missoin I'm thinking of then you just have to send a fleet there, take out the orbital defences, land troops with the droids grouped with them and then do the mission.

dderidex said:
IMHO, this looks like a more interesting mod, but only because I like the Clone Wars space battles more than the original trilogy.
Link's broke. I'd like to check it out. I'm wrapping up beating the Imp campaign (already did the rebs) and I will probably want to play with some mods a little more...

Yeah links broken but if its the one I'm thinking of then from the looks of the models so far it looks good but I think its a while off from completion.

boooo! Took out the Death Star to much blahness. I thought the cut scenes in Rebellion were much better, and that game is OLD :(

The performance of this game is frustrating me. It chugs real hard during big battles with the system in my sig. I realize a 3.4c isn't the fastest processor around, but it's no slouch either. I did notice that this game is single-threaded, unfortunately. I bet a hyperthreading/dual core patch would help a lot.
How is it running for anybody else? Are AMD's any better?

I'd really like to play this game. It looks like most of you aren't having any problems. I can play for 15 to 30 minutes at most before the game crashes with some exception error about being unable to read a certain location in memory.
There is a long thread at LA forum about this. I'm inclined to blame it on the XP-nForce-X2 combination that has caused lots of problems in other games.
Anyone here have this problem and find a way to resolve?

bhR said:
I'd really like to play this game. It looks like most of you aren't having any problems. I can play for 15 to 30 minutes at most before the game crashes with some exception error about being unable to read a certain location in memory.
There is a long thread at LA forum about this. I'm inclined to blame it on the XP-nForce-X2 combination that has caused lots of problems in other games.
Anyone here have this problem and find a way to resolve?

never ran the game with a dual core, let alone an X2, but have you tried setting the affinity to only one cpu?

edit: some other things to try if you haven't: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=983781

Back