Elden Ring (From Software RPG)

Some people suggesting that you install epic launcher and make sure it's fully updated. Epic owns EAC and it appears their could be some weirdness there.
Yeah, that doesn't work.

Also, EAC for Epic launcher games is different from EAC for Steam games. Two entirely different services, etc.

Is there a specific area where you guys are stuttering or have you been stuttering right from the beginning? The intro cave section was super smooth for me. Just got to the open world section and so far so good, but I haven't fought any major baddies yet.

I'm guessing the anti-cheat was added in at the last minute due to the recent issues with the Dark Souls servers being taken offline...so they had to rush to put in a fix...hopefully this is something that can be optimized in the coming weeks...would be a shame to see a masterpiece like this suffer due to performance
Probably. But remember, this is a Japanese developer. There are a few exceptions but most their PC games suffer due to technical issues on PC and left unaddressed.

Is there a specific area where you guys are stuttering or have you been stuttering right from the beginning? The intro cave section was super smooth for me. Just got to the open world section and so far so good, but I haven't fought any major baddies yet.
First time I fight any larger boss, like the one in the very start. Any zone transitions. It's smooth for me otherwise though.

From some videos i've seen some people absolutely have it way worse than others.

Kinda wishing I would have bought a refundable version, oh well. Maybe I’ll get the PS5 disc version and resell it after.

This game isn't running perfectly on consoles either:

Eurogamer: However, even running on the launch day patch 1.02, the frame-rate mode continues to run at a range of 45-60fps on PS5 and Series X, while the quality modes on each range between 30-60fps. Both machines run with entirely unlocked frame-rates, and much like the network test, there's still no 30fps cap to even out the wavering reading in quality mode.
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...2-24-elden-ring-performance-first-impressions

How does a game with no ultrawide support, this many technical issues coupled with unoptimized last gen engine get 95% average PC rating on metacritic. I am sure it has amazing gameplay, but if people with 3080 cards have better experience on PS5 - shouldn't the PC review score reflect these issues?

FromSoft paid off every review site ;) ;)

"how is it possible for Elden Ring to have gotten exclusively glowing reviews? It’s NOT. I played a few hours of Bloodborne (didn’t like it) and watched a negative review of Sekiro, so I know these games like the back of my hand and there’s just no way that so many websites are giving Elden Ring a 10/10.

Maybe you’re thinking, oh maybe it’s just a really good game? OK even if it’s REALLY that good, do you really think it’s possible that every single website on the entire internet gave the game exactly a 10/10?!"

https://hard-drive.net/welp-looks-like-elden-ring-has-bought-off-every-single-reviewer/

Because the PC version needs to be able to work with an infinite set of different hardware/software variables, whereas the console versions have very tightly controlled hardware and software specs.
Nonsense. Windows OS (HAL, kernel, WDDM) and API take care of them. What you're describing is what it was like in 1990's.

FromSoft paid off every review site ;) ;)

"how is it possible for Elden Ring to have gotten exclusively glowing reviews? It’s NOT. I played a few hours of Bloodborne (didn’t like it) and watched a negative review of Sekiro, so I know these games like the back of my hand and there’s just no way that so many websites are giving Elden Ring a 10/10.

Maybe you’re thinking, oh maybe it’s just a really good game? OK even if it’s REALLY that good, do you really think it’s possible that every single website on the entire internet gave the game exactly a 10/10?!"

https://hard-drive.net/welp-looks-like-elden-ring-has-bought-off-every-single-reviewer/

Sadly I’m sure there are people who will look at that article and actually believe it.

Kinda wishing I would have bought a refundable version, oh well. Maybe I’ll get the PS5 disc version and resell it after.

don't panic just yet...it's Day 1...it's a HUGE open world game...and it's FromSoft's first DX12 title...give them some slack...they have a near flawless track record when it comes to games...even with the port issues on DS1 etc it was still an amazing game...maybe the same modder who released DSFix for Dark Souls 1 on PC, Durante, will work on a 3rd party fix for Elden Ring as well

Last edited:
Steam has purged user reviews after being bombed to 58% Mixed.

eldenring_review.png

Kaldaien (the creator of Special K) has poked around a bit (simplifying here obviously) and the shader cache coding is indeed broken. but i can't wait to be attacked as some kind of pessimistic From hater :rolleyes:

So essentially no native kb/m support? Prompts are all controller buttons? Seriously?

Kaldaien (the creator of Special K) has poked around a bit (simplifying here obviously) and the shader cache coding is indeed broken. but i can't wait to be attacked as some kind of pessimistic From hater :rolleyes:

Hopefully there's something he, or other modders, can do to improve things.

No native UW support or unlocked framerates are ever a good sign for PC gaming and this is no exception. The stuttering is miserable and I'm really confused as to how anyone could say the game looks great, feels like I'm playing the worst PC port from 10 years ago. I mean look at those menus..

Quick video showing open world and in-door performance at 4K...no spoilers!

3080 Ti undervolted at .875 mV clocked at 1905 MHz
10700K at 5.0 GHz
32GB DDR4 at 3600 MHz CL16
WD Black SN750 NVMe

*not my video...just found on another forum

I can't understand how these streamers are having zero issues....and christ....its completely unplayable for others.

So just to see, I briefly watched a few streams. Maybe 15 mins each. Most have almost no noticeable issue. At least not as extreme as I am reading some people are having. Kind of strange.

Quick video showing open world and in-door performance at 4K...no spoilers!

3080 Ti undervolted at .875 mV clocked at 1905 MHz
10700K at 5.0 GHz
32GB DDR4 at 3600 MHz CL16
WD Black SN750 NVMe

*not my video...just found on another forum

i can literally see the stutters plain as day, the exact same ones i experience. adding a frame time graph to the overlay would illustrate this immediately.

Hmmm now thats interesting. Tried playing Elden again....same bullshit after playing with GSync and quit out. Went back to playing Hunt which I was playing right before, and now Hunt is not working and giving an error of "out of date Easy Anti-Cheat". Give if a couple of mins and try to fire up Hunt again, and it loads fine.

Right from the beggining. Game is completely unplayable for me right now.

I know this is a game meant to be played with a controller but still, any game released on PC should at least have moderately decent kb/m support. Here, when you're moving forward or backward while strafing the camera constantly tries to get behind you, so you can't hold any viewing angle, you have to constantly fight the camera movement with your mouse.

don't panic just yet...it's Day 1...it's a HUGE open world game...and it's FromSoft's first DX12 title...give them some slack...they have a near flawless track record when it comes to games...even with the port issues on DS1 etc it was still an amazing game...maybe the same modder who released DSFix for Dark Souls 1 on PC, Durante, will work on a 3rd party fix for Elden Ring as well

Stop with this bullshit on every f'ing game.

don't let polonyc2's posts get to you, i don't think he means to be malicious, he's just trying (perhaps a bit too hard) to stay positive. he's going to deny any issues and he'll for sure say the game runs great for him, but he's not doing it to troll, that's actually how he feels about the game. and honestly i wish i could make myself do the same thing instead of having to be pissed off about it.

First hurdle, it doesn't work with my DS4 for some reason. That's using both DS4Windows and without.

Edit: Never mind, I had my racing wheel plugged in and it was detecting that, wouldn't let my DS4 take priority I guess.

First hurdle, it doesn't work with my DS4 for some reason. That's using both DS4Windows and without.
People have had some success with clicking on Elden ring from your library and selecting the game specific options for controller support via Steam.

They have also had sucess by unplugging other USB devices.

hey, forgot to mention something. if you have ultra low latencymode turned on, turn that off. it doesn't fix the periodic area stutters but i found if i had that turned on, it ALSO added a near constant microstutter on top of the other ones. leave it on "Off"

don't let polonyc2's posts get to you, i don't think he means to be malicious, he's just trying (perhaps a bit too hard) to stay positive. he's going to deny any issues and he'll for sure say the game runs great for him, but he's not doing it to troll, that's actually how he feels about the game. and honestly i wish i could make myself do the same thing instead of having to be pissed off about it.

I trust FromSoft...yes the DS1 port was bare bones but the modder Durante released a tool which improved it considerably...I played it with DSFix and admit it was still rough in parts but I still consider it an A masterpiece game...that's the same way I feel about Elden Ring (and it seems a lot of others hence so many amazing reviews)...even with the hiccups the gameplay is so so good that stuttering and frame pacing issues don't detract from the overall brilliance of everything else

things like broken quests, crashes etc would annoy me way more...Elden Ring has issues on PC, I'm not denying that...I'm just looking at the big picture...performance issues can be fixed while core gameplay issues can't...Elden Ring has nailed the gameplay

I trust FromSoft...yes the DS1 port was bare bones but the modder Durante released a tool which improved it considerably...I played with DSFix and admit it was still rough in parts but I still consider it an A masterpiece game...that's the same way I feel about Elden Ring (and it seems a lot of others hence so many amazing reviews)...even with the hiccups the gameplay is so so good that stuttering and frame pacing issues don't detract from the overall brilliance of everything else

things like broken quests, crashes etc would annoy me way more...Elden Ring has issues on PC I'm not denying that...I'm just looking at the big picture
that's cool for sure, like i said, i wish i could force myself to ignore them in the same way. i just ask, please don't try to deny that others DO care and are experiencing the problem in a really negative way. it just doesn't help ANYONE enjoy the game any more.

I had an area where I could consistantly get stutter. This solved it for the most part NVCP V-Sync on Application Controlled and using Borderless Window mode to be more smooth, more consistent frametimes. I also use Low Latency Mode ON (Maximum Pre-Rendered Frames=1). I do have another area to test, but don't want to really backtrack right now, but wanted to post it regardless.

Last edited:
I trust FromSoft...yes the DS1 port was bare bones but the modder Durante released a tool which improved it considerably...I played it with DSFix and admit it was still rough in parts but I still consider it an A masterpiece game...
You trust From Soft... because an independent modder mostly fixed their broken DS1 port? Am I reading this correctly?

that's cool for sure, like i said, i wish i could force myself to ignore them in the same way. i just ask, please don't try to deny that others DO care and are experiencing the problem in a really negative way. it just doesn't help ANYONE enjoy the game any more.

I think right now the "Elden Ring has major issues on PC" is starting to overtake everything else...it's Day 1...has there ever been a huge open world game that hasn't had issues on Day 1?...some people hate that FromSoftware is so well received and have never been into their games so they are just piling on...let's give them some time to respond to the issues...too many "I'm refunding the game on PC" over-reactions

You trust From Soft, because an independent modder mostly fixed their broken DS1 port? Am I reading this correctly?

the modder fixed the most glaring issues on the initial release of the game...later From Software implemented those fixes into the Remastered version of Dark Souls 1 (PC)

I think right now the "Elden Ring has major issues on PC" is starting to overtake everything else...it's Day 1...has there ever been a huge open world game that hasn't had issues on Day 1?...some people hate that FromSoftware is so well received and have never been into their games so they are just piling on...let's give them some time to respond to the issues...too many "I'm refunding the game on PC" over-reactions
i mean i've played several huge open world games (at launch) without issues this bad, yes. most recently Ghost of Tsushima comes to mind.

lol you never change.....so whats the stance on Anthem now?

Back