Elden Ring (From Software RPG)

I might have to get this at launch even though I was planning to wait.

Elden Ring PC performance and best settings guide

The 6GB GTX 1060 can handle Elden Ring at 1440p, with performance averages ranging from 37fps at Maximum to 57fps on Low...and having a getter GPU isn’t entirely a waste: when I used an RTX 3070 in place of the GTX 1060, Elden Ring averaged a solid 60fps at 1440p and a perfectly playable 51fps at 4K...again, that's on the Maximum preset...

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/elden-ring-pc-performance-and-best-settings-guide

Elden Ring technical review— Terrific but tarnished

https://www.pcinvasion.com/elden-ring-technical-review-graphics-performance-pc/

this is the best non-spoiler review I've read...if you read one review, make it this...as he recommends, just listen to the video like a podcast without looking at the video to be totally untarnished...

I *very* strongly recommend: Elden Ring (Review- Spoiler Free)

Fix what? I don’t want to watch any videos.
really bad stuttering/frame drop issues on pc version, even with very high end hardware :( and regardless of settings apparently (i.e. a core game issue)

hopefully if the issues still exist after the day 1 patch (which i assume they will, despite what some of these reviewers have been told apparently) Digital Foundry will shine a light on it and put some pressure on From to fix it...

the PC performance issues (stuttering, frame rate drops) explain why they didn't release the ray-tracing patch on Day 1...I guess they want to work on the standard game first before adding new graphical features which might tank frame rates even more

Welp, that makes my PS5 vs PC decision easier.

Though if this game is as good as they say it is, good chance I'll be roped into the PC version of the 'GOTY' edition (or whatever they end up calling it) later anyway.

Welp, that makes my PS5 vs PC decision easier.

Though if this game is as good as they say it is, good chance I'll be roped into the PC version of the 'GOTY' edition (or whatever they end up calling it) later anyway.
Yup, I just purchased on PS5.

The PS5 version had lots of performance issues in the network test. Hopefully they have it fixed by the day 1 patch.

so many reviews (from legit sites) calling this one of the best games ever made or best open world games...and it doesn't sound like hyperbole...I knew this was going to be FromSoft's magnus opus but to see them deliver on this scale is incredible...and it sounds accessible in a good way where the challenge is still there for those who seek it (like me) but it also has many more options for more casual gamers who always hated the difficulty...

FYI the console versions should be $10 off at Walmart for the first week or two of release. I think Target may do that as well...

I’m cheap so I might just get it on PC.

get it on PC!!...whatever minor issues exist don't detract from the amazing experience...it's still getting nearly perfect scores even with the stuttering/frame drops...plus future patches will only improve things...plus it's not like the game is unplayable on PC...it's fine on PC for the most part...all FromSoft games on PC have had frame pacing issues but it's never detracted from my enjoyment...Elden Ring might have a few more issues because of the open world nature but it's still the best way to play it

Just downloaded the preload from Humble Bundle and got the latest 3090 drivers from Nvidia so all set atm. Now to sit and wait. :meh:

get it on PC!!...whatever minor issues exist don't detract from the amazing experience...it's still getting nearly perfect scores even with the stuttering/frame drops...plus future patches will only improve things...plus it's not like the game is unplayable on PC...it's fine on PC for the most part...all FromSoft games on PC have had frame pacing issues but it's never detracted from my enjoyment...Elden Ring might have a few more issues because of the open world nature but it's still the best way to play it
You also get patches much faster on PC since they don't have to wait for the stupid approval process like they do on consoles. Regardless, I never put any stock into pre-release performance. Wait until it gets into the hands of real gamers and hear what they have to say.

i dunno, the performance issues seem pretty bad on pc... i would urge caution to players who have the option to buy it on ps5 or series x vs pc. at least until we know what the day 1 patch delivers. the issues shown in some of the footage i've seen today is pretty disheartening, and we shouldn't give From a free pass on it

The praise is so absolute it almost borders on hyperbole

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1496518258765307910?s=20&t=KE67v8I_RWekTbjt3vxIAQ

1645640058048.png

You also get patches much faster on PC since they don't have to wait for the stupid approval process like they do on consoles. Regardless, I never put any stock into pre-release performance. Wait until it gets into the hands of real gamers and hear what they have to say.
I got it on PC. Cheaper, and I'd rather use my 3090 over my PS5. I've been looking for reasons to dust off my PS5, but it'll have to wait for an actual exclusive.

The modding scene for this game is likely going to be a glorious feather in the cap for PC.

No love for Horizon? I feel bad for Horizon. Only had one week of glory before it was overshadowed by Elden Ring.
I held off on buying it because I knew once Elden Ring was out all bets were off. There's nothing worse to me than getting halfway through a game then dropping it for the newer shiny one. That's how I end up never completing games, and I really enjoyed the first game so I want to give it the attention it deserves (once I'm satisfied from finishing Elden Ring).

The modding scene for this game is likely going to be a glorious feather in the cap for PC.
Yeah but what does that mean for EasyAntiCheat? Mods get you soft banned to the hacker only servers? Or what?

Yeah but what does that mean for EasyAntiCheat? Mods get you soft banned to the hacker only servers? Or what?
In the past, if you were identified as a malicious hacker, you were restricted a pool with only other hackers.

If you were flagged for various non-malicious mods, you were restricted to a pool with only modders.

1 week until Elden Ring!!!

the only question is, how high will this rank on the greatest games of all time list?...Top 3?...Top 5?

Elden Ring just dethroned 'Super Mario Odyssey' at the Top of OpenCritic's 'Best Game' List...over on Metacritic, the PlayStation 5 version of Elden Ring has a score of 97, tied with the likes of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Grand Theft Auto V, Metroid Prime, and more...only four games have ever scored a 98, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time stands alone at 99...

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-best-reviewed-games-modern-history

Elden Ring just dethroned 'Super Mario Odyssey' at the Top of OpenCritic's 'Best Game' List...over on Metacritic, the PlayStation 5 version of Elden Ring has a score of 97, tied with the likes of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Grand Theft Auto V, Metroid Prime, and more...only four games have ever scored a 98, and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time stands alone at 99...

https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-best-reviewed-games-modern-history
Famitsu is the only score that matters. To be enshrined with the likes of Nintendogs with a perfect score.

FightinCowboy has confirmed that he was playing with the Day 1 patch...
not good... looks like from seriously dropped the ball on the pc port. hopefully the from fanboys and girls won't whitewash the issues away.

one could make a guess that the issue lies with anti cheat implementation but who knows. it's not exactly rare for big aaa games to come out that are optimized for console and the pc version is barely an afterthought.

I held off on buying it because I knew once Elden Ring was out all bets were off. There's nothing worse to me than getting halfway through a game then dropping it for the newer shiny one. That's how I end up never completing games, and I really enjoyed the first game so I want to give it the attention it deserves (once I'm satisfied from finishing Elden Ring).

This is exactly what I just did.

I am going to end up playing this only tomorrow night then get back and finish Horizon before really playing. I might be half way at most I think or maybe less on Horizon and don't want to stop. I have been waiting for this story to continue for so long. I am the same as delita, I have so many games I stopped playing because I got a new shiny one and couldn't get myself to get back into and finish them. I tried the play both types before, but that doesn't work on hard game like Souls + forgiving game like Horizon. They are too different in style and I can't tell you how many times I die in games when I tried that. Hell I stopped playing Demon's Souls about 3/4 through on PS5 because something on PC took over, and now I just can't get back into it.

Back