Elden Ring (From Software RPG)

DFenz

[H]ard|Gawd
I wasted my entire evening watching VGA just to see Elden Ring, not watching it again next year. It's been trash for like the last 3-4 years atleast.

DPI

[H]F Junkie
I think it's evident why the silence on this title - its a 4D chess move, maybe developers and publishers are finally learning. Look at Cyberpunk, look at how much hate every massively hyped and anticipated title gets these days - no good trailer goes unpunished. As soon as they show footage, they want to impress everyone; yet they've also lit the end of a very long fuse - one that eventually blows the game up in their face if plans/graphics/scope and release date have to change or evolve during development and the internet finds out about it.

They're trying to make a game they say will be bigger in scope than any game they've ever done, and the silence avoids adding a ton of extra pressure with no real upside - anticipation won't really go away. During the Half Life: Alyx behind the scenes interviews, Valve developers remarked that the real reason there was never a Half Life 3, was because everyone in the office was afraid to touch it because they didn't want to attach themselves to a project that could never live up to expectations, as the internet hype levels had reached into the stratosphere and actually freaked them out- "nobody wanted to go near it".

As a FROM fan that wants this game to be their greatest achievement, I think there's definite merit to saying nothing.

Last edited: