dworley's extensive SFF Gallery

hey dworley! i admire ur SFFs and i have been wanting to build one. I was wondering since im geting a SG01 case.. There is no way I can fit a taller/bigger CPU heatsink inside?

What are my options? CNPS7700-CU and the NT06? thanks

My desks: O'sullivan intelligent designs - corner desk

Hey dworly-

I'm having trouble locating your desk. I've been able to find it in different colors but not like yours with the black top. I know this post is abit old but any information you can provide would be helpful. Thanks ahead.

Lachi

Hey dworly-

I'm having trouble locating your desk. I've been able to find it in different colors but not like yours with the black top. I know this post is abit old but any information you can provide would be helpful. Thanks ahead.

Lachi

Going to be hard, O'Sullivan Industries is out of business. That is the O'Sullivan model 10012 and wasn't picked up by another manufacturer like some of the other O'Sullivan furniture.

Edit: Nevermind, try this link.

Is there an SFF case that can fit one or more 4870x2?

The only case I think could do this is the Antec Mini 180.

Is there an SFF case that can fit one or more 4870x2?

The only case I think could do this is the Antec Mini 180.

Silverstone SG01F

Silverstone SG02F

Silverstone SG03

Silverstone SG04

I'm not aware of any others that could do so without modification.

qmicra v2 can =)

sideviewresizedqp7.jpg

:eek:

Insanity in SFF.

Could use some cable management though.

ST20G5.jpg

It's a Shutte G5 case - model SN21G5 with an optional Shuttle Mesh case cover

There are various Shuttle barebone models available at newegg and ZZF that support AMD or Intel CPU's

What mod did you do to the top? Intake fan? I've been wanting to buy the mesh cover for my SN21G5 for ages but Shuttle Store won't ship to Canada.

wich fan works the best for a shuttle g5?? anyone?? want it quieter with the case on...

wich fan works the best for a shuttle g5?? anyone?? want it quieter with the case on...

supposedly, Shuttle uses rebadged ADDA fans. This one is supposed to be exactly the same or slightly better than the OEM fan.

http://www.cwc-group.com/ad904cafanwi.html

You can also try using a stock Intel C2D fan on it. remove the shroud and clip on the cooling fins.

Ultimately, you just need a 92mm PWM (pulse width modulation) fan. There are a variety out there by Arctic Cooling, Gelid, Scythe, etc. with different noise levels and air they push. You will have to try via trial and error. They are pretty cheap. My own G5's fan has died on me this week. It is making terrible crunchy noises. I need a replacement as well.

Hey man -

I'm looking for the best power supply for an HP slimline. Primary concern - quiet.

Secondary concern 12 volt rail amperage.

I'm going to be running a Intel Core 2 Quad 9300, a 9800GT low profile, 4GB PC6400, a single 1.5TB drive, and a DVD/RW. The motherboard is a low power draw Foxcon that comes standard with HP slimlines.

I saw some of your posts and found your name through a google search.

I'm looking at the PC50 power supply. What do you think?

Do you have any other recommendations?

dworley hasn't replied in some time now. Has he gone MIA...say it isn't so. :(

Hey man -

I'm looking for the best power supply for an HP slimline. Primary concern - quiet.

Secondary concern 12 volt rail amperage.

I'm going to be running a Intel Core 2 Quad 9300, a 9800GT low profile, 4GB PC6400, a single 1.5TB drive, and a DVD/RW. The motherboard is a low power draw Foxcon that comes standard with HP slimlines.

I saw some of your posts and found your name through a google search.

I'm looking at the PC50 power supply. What do you think?

Do you have any other recommendations?

There are server rack PSUs from Sparkle out there that are decent. I also have PC40 (250watt) for sale.

There are server rack PSUs from Sparkle out there that are decent. I also have PC40 (250watt) for sale.

I know they are decent in quality, but I'm specifically trying to make a silent gaming PC.

Do you know how loud they are? I've gotten one seasonic tech support agent that said they are too loud for desktop PCs, and another that said they'd be fine. Jonnyguru's website review, and a seperate e-mail to the tech who wrote the review told me that it was too loud for general desktop purposes.

I know they are decent in quality, but I'm specifically trying to make a silent gaming PC.

Do you know how loud they are? I've gotten one seasonic tech support agent that said they are too loud for desktop PCs, and another that said they'd be fine. Jonnyguru's website review, and a seperate e-mail to the tech who wrote the review told me that it was too loud for general desktop purposes.

No PSU of those sizes are going to be silent. Shuttle PSUs are also just server rack PSUs. Because they need to use smaller fans for pushing air through a really tight space due to how packed the components are, they naturally have more noise.

The PC35, 40, and PC50 have a slight hum to them you can hear from a few feet away. There is no comparison to a fullsize PSU which has tons of space in the case and a big 120mm fan pushing air at a very low RPM. You just can't get silent at that size unless you take apart the casing and come up with some kind of passive/watercool solution.

I know people have taken apart Shuttle PSUs and put in Scythe low RPM fans and cut off the fan grills etc. to reduce turbulence and the hum you get with the small fans. Quite frankly, I'm amazed you can pack 300w with good rails in something that size that I don't complain about noise too much. I can't hear it at all when gaming anyway.

Would this work? There is also a 270W version available.

Review

That 270w version is actually a 300w version that I have used in shuttles. The wattage efficiency depends on temperature.
labelpk0.jpg

insidevo5.jpg

The fan has automatic temperature control built in but it's still a bit noisy.

What really needs to be done is to take one of these PSUs, cut off all the wires and splice them onto some new connectors or something..get an extension. And build a separate power brick with massive heatsink casing that you can keep away from yourself.

Back