dworley's extensive SFF Gallery

hey dworley, can i request a head-on pic of the v300 next to the sn21g5? thanks :)

also, are you able to see behind the grill under normal conditions, or is it only because of the (im assuming) flash when taking the pictures?

how's the v300 in comparison to the qmicra and the sg01? not a fulll out blah blah blah cuz i know you're working on the whole shoot out between a bunch of SFF cases.. i'm just wondering about first impression's

R3d said:
how's the v300 in comparison to the qmicra and the sg01? not a fulll out blah blah blah cuz i know you're working on the whole shoot out between a bunch of SFF cases.. i'm just wondering about first impression's

The V300B is a real PITA to work on since you can not remove the top cover or any of the drive cages. Could barely fit my dremel to cut away part of the 3 1/2 bay to fit my 7900GTX :mad:

Soymilk said:
hey dworley, can i request a head-on pic of the v300 next to the sn21g5? thanks :)

also, are you able to see behind the grill under normal conditions, or is it only because of the (im assuming) flash when taking the pictures?

You can definitely see the silver frames through the mesh front under normal conditions

I would like it more if the mesh was only on the lower part, and not the whole front facia and the drive bays inside were black to match the outside as well. the cutting of the lower drive bay just to fit a gfx card and the inability to even put a sli bridge on the card is a big turnoff, how do you have a case of that size and need to mod the hdd cage just to put a sli bridge? that being said, the overall quality seems to be very nice and on par with lian-li products. I just don't think lian-li used optimal placement in a case of this size. I was contemplating on whether or not I should get it even though I haven't gotten rid of the sg01 yet, I'm glad I didn't. more likely than not, the qmicra will be my last sff. my next build will be a full tower def. be a lian-li though.

dworley said:
V300B/th_V300-Sn21-2.jpg
V300B/th_V300-SN21-1.jpg

You can definitely see the silver frames through the mesh front under normal conditions
wow, it looks like a monster next to the g5 case! :p

thanks for the pics :)

@ dworley...

Have you tryed the Zalman CNPS8000? in the SG01-e? Looks a bit smaller than Silverstone's NT06... so it should fit nicely

[QUOTE='99]@ dworley...

Have you tryed the Zalman CNPS8000? in the SG01-e? Looks a bit smaller than Silverstone's NT06... so it should fit nicely[/QUOTE]

NT06.jpg

The NT06 works so effectively and is silent, I am not motivated to buy another cooler ;)

so dworley, how long will it be before the shootout between qmicra / micro fly / sg01-e / v300? :D

*edit* and wouldn't it be better if you took off the black thing around the edges of the nt06 since you don't need a fan on it? the only point of that black thing is to b able to stick a fan on as far as i can see.

Soymilk said:
so dworley, how long will it be before the shootout between qmicra / micro fly / sg01-e / v300? :D

*edit* and wouldn't it be better if you took off the black thing around the edges of the nt06 since you don't need a fan on it? the only point of that black thing is to b able to stick a fan on as far as i can see.

I have all of the initial test data collected for the Micro Fly, SG01 and V300B....just need to test the QMICRA with the same setup and then see if the NT06 fits in the V300B. Writing up up the actual content for the article is my challenge ;)

hey dworley, how's progress going on that shootout? :)

also, in your sg01 with the nt06 cooler, you're not using the crossflow fan anymore as far as i can see in the pics. is this cuz the nt06 is so big that the crossflow fan doesn't fit anymore?

and can i request one more pic? sg01 next to the sn21g5 <3 :) thanks.

@dworley

I've notice that you use a LED Color fan in youre SG01
SG01-1.jpg

Is'nt it noisy?
And regarding the 2 fans over the GFX.... Which type are they, and what du you use to hold them in place? I figure that the one in the back is blowing and the one on top is sucking air out.... is this correct?

Word up!

[QUOTE='99]@dworley

I've notice that you use a LED Color fan in youre SG01

Is'nt it noisy?
And regarding the 2 fans over the GFX.... Which type are they, and what du you use to hold them in place? I figure that the one in the back is blowing and the one on top is sucking air out.... is this correct?

Word up![/QUOTE]

The Coolermaster LED fan is running on 7 volts since I use a resistor.

The Northbridge fan is running at 5V with a Zalman fanmate controller.

The top two fans above the video cards are Nexus 80mm 17db silent fans (rear intake, top exhaust). I have these two fans currently connected to the CPU fan header and controlled with speedfan based on CPU temp. The CPU cooler I am using is the Silverstone NT06 (passive).

The system is whisper quiet even under load with this setup and the cooling performance is excellent due to the NT06 being directly under the PSU fan.

dworley, is there a specific reason why you're not using the crossflow fan anymore in the sg01 with the nt06, or does it just not fit?

Soymilk said:
dworley, is there a specific reason why you're not using the crossflow fan anymore in the sg01 with the nt06, or does it just not fit?

1. It does not fit

2. The NT06 is so effective that I would not have used it even if it did fit. :D

dworley said:
1. It does not fit

2. The NT06 is so effective that I would not have used it even if it did fit. :D

I am intrested in h2o cooling my sn95g5 also and i was wondering what kit (if any) you used in yours.

also did you have any problems with anything that would help me with my project??

jackbauer said:
I am intrested in h2o cooling my sn95g5 also and i was wondering what kit (if any) you used in yours.

also did you have any problems with anything that would help me with my project??

I used the Kingwin AWC-1kit, after soem time I had some small leaks from the GPU block and CPU block. It appears the epoxy became "ruberized". I replced the GPU cooler and re-sealed the CPU cooler with JB weld.

so i have been looking at the kingwin and the evercool kits and to me they look like the exact same kit with different names... is that true??

Soymilk said:
hows that shootout review coming along dworley? :)

I have been waiting on an additional SFF system to include in the article

I was notified that it is shipping out today....stay tuned :cool:

P450-8630-a.JPG

I sent this PM to dworley about the SG01e I bought from him, figured I'd post it here to get some more opinions

Hey,

I got the sg01 case, it's great. I'm getting all my pieces together and I'm wondering if this PSU would be ok to use with the NT06, it only has 1 120 mm fan, check it out xClio 450bl

I'm going to be getting this board: Gigabyte GA-M51GM-S2G

2 gb of gskill ddr2, a 7900gt, dvd burner, fan controller, ATI tv tuner, and a 320 GB Barracuda will also be going itn (I already have half of that stuff waiting)

I'm also gonna get an X2 4600+ when they drop in price on monday (unless conroe comes up with a good matx board quickly)

Do you think this would all play nice in this case? If the NT06 won't work great with that PSU, what active cooling HSF can you reccomend, something quiet, but it doesn't have to be silent.

Thanks again
-Matt

PS, what is your heat so I can leave it for the case

wow that really put the xfx case in perspective. i thought it was much bigger than that.

Will a ZALMAN CNPS7000B-AlCu LED fit in that case?

These are it's dimensions.

109 (L) x 109 (W) x 62 (H) mm

That case is fucking [H]core. Nuclear football? If it's anything like this, I'm in:

gamesusainc_1909_40755390

hybrid.09 said:
Will a ZALMAN CNPS7000B-AlCu LED fit in that case?

These are it's dimensions.

109 (L) x 109 (W) x 62 (H) mm

Yes, but it realy depends on the motherboard spacing of the CPU location. (99% would probably fit OK)

My Blue ORB II fits fine which is about the same size as the Zalman 7000

XFX-11.jpg

Back