• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dragon Age II

I've been playing this on Normal so far ( just got done killing the dragon), but I keep getting the feeling my DLC gear is nerfing the hell out of the difficulty. I'll be ramping it up to Hard as soon as I get home. The dragon was still a b**** though :/
 
I seriously don't know why all the complaints, I think the game is great. With DX11 and the highres texture pack, the graphics are killer.

And the story and cutscenes are well done. I'm having a blast.

Couldn't agree more. :D
 
I've been playing this on Normal so far ( just got done killing the dragon), but I keep getting the feeling my DLC gear is nerfing the hell out of the difficulty. I'll be ramping it up to Hard as soon as I get home. The dragon was still a b**** though :/

I'm not sure about that. At the end of the game I had 0 DLC gear on at all.

My problem was I didnt have enough gold to buy all the good items :p
 
Haha, I think we are still a loooong way from having text-to-speech good enough to fit in with normal pre-recorded voice acting and all the actors' different voices. I'm surprised you thought it was possible

I guess I just figured since in Grid that lady would always say "Hello Alex" whenever I launched the game after just simply selecting my name Alex from a list. Now that I think about it though that is quite a bit different from this, since this would require a huge amount of people to pronounce my name, whereas that was just one person. Maybe pronounce the name in different ways too. So yea I guess that was a big assumption on my part.
 
The game looks great. Running 6048x1080 with 2xAA/16xAF all settings on High -- DoF off, averaging over 30fps with no tearing -- no complaints there! The cut scenes do sometimes have a stutter for a few seconds. I am not running the new drivers yet (may fix that). I will say that the game is a lot more streamlined than DA:O, and also seems to have a lot more cut scenes, but regardless it's good to be back in that world again.

I do wish I could move the HUD elements to make them fit on the center screen. The map being 3ft to my right is kind of annoying, as is not being able to see hotkeys 4 or 5 due to bezel compensation. I am only about 4 hours in, but so far am having a blast. It's a more streamlined experience for sure, but it's also a beautiful eyefinity experience taking place in a world I already love from the first one.
 
This game is garbage. I played the demo for about 2 seconds only to see it runs like crap @ 1920x1080, 2xAA, Very High Settings, DX11.

I mean, really? Just Cause 2 looks twice as good as this game and it runs smoothly and steadily at 60FPS.
 
This game is garbage. I played the demo for about 2 seconds only to see it runs like crap @ 1920x1080, 2xAA, Very High Settings, DX11.

I mean, really? Just Cause 2 looks twice as good as this game and it runs smoothly and steadily at 60FPS.

Yet another person who didn't read through the demo thread or anything else. Good show!
 
Yet another person who didn't read through the demo thread or anything else. Good show!

Okay okay, so maybe I didn't. But if you're going to make a demo shouldn't it positively affect a consumer's thoughts on your game, not the other way around? :confused:
 
Okay okay, so maybe I didn't. But if you're going to make a demo shouldn't it positively affect a consumer's thoughts on your game, not the other way around? :confused:

I agree,

But the Demo is nothing like the full game. And if you do buy it, dont forget to download the High-res textures as well.

It makes the consoles look like An atari
 
Play it on Hard.

In the first fifteen minutes you'll have to fight the ogre - if you follow the age old, tried and true RPG tactics, and if you level your party properly (I would go so far as to say perfectly) then you'll get through that battle... and the 20 Darkspawn that will follow.

Go in whacking away with an improperly leveled party and you will die - repeatedly.

I was going to say that it seems like you're locked into specific progressions to play--almost powergaming--but on reflection, that's what hard and higher difficulties should do. Easy/Normal are meant for learning skills/character progression/tactics without the frustration of reloading a bazillion times in a single battle, and harder difficulties lose forgiveness so you'd better know what you're doing.

Evidently I don't know the rules well, because I'm just now playing DA:O and finding some the battles challenging on normal, to the point where I get my ass handed to me if rush a group of enemies (and I'm only to Lothering.) Taking a little more time with preparation and managing aggro properly yields much better results.

Sounds like DA II will provide the same challenge; hopefully I can get to it before DA 3 is out. ;)

All the flaming on DA II sounds like Crysis lite.

This game is garbage. I played the demo for about 2 seconds only to see it runs like crap @ 1920x1080, 2xAA, Very High Settings, DX11.

I mean, really? Just Cause 2 looks twice as good as this game and it runs smoothly and steadily at 60FPS.

[edit] I rest my case.
 
Okay okay, so maybe I didn't. But if you're going to make a demo shouldn't it positively affect a consumer's thoughts on your game, not the other way around? :confused:

Yeah maybe, but the demo was good enough imo. There were issues and some ways to tweak it (that happens with everything), but I still think it gave a fair idea of what the game was about. Same core gameplay, improved graphics, etc.
 
I think it's at least safe to say that the full game is already more polished and in better shape than the demo but I do agree with the concept that, yes, a demo is supposed to make people want to buy the game.
 
I really like the game so far. I have only played for about 4 hours or so, but I think the game is really well done. In my opinion the voice acting is relatively good. I have watched movies with worse acting than this game has.

I am playing a rogue on hard and it can be quite challenging if you are not pausing often or your tactics are not setup well. The seems much faster than in DA:O, but once you get used to it there shouldn't be anything to complain about.

I have not run into any of the graphical problems others have so I cannot say anything on that. I am playing on Very High 1920x1080 DX11.

I really do not know why so many people are bashing on the game. Yes they changed the look and combat was sped up, but is that big of a deal that they tried to change the game. If you have not played the full version and only have played the demo then you really have nothing to complain about.

I will say a 60 dollar game and day one DLC is a bunch of crap, but I never purchased any of the DLC for the first one and won't for this one either.
 
WTF? The game just came out? Are you saying there was day 1 DLC?

Yes, there was quite a bit. But all of it could be acquired for free via preorders, Bioware signature edition, Dragon Age Legends (facebook), and other Bioware games.


So far I am really liking DA2. One feature that hasn't been mentioned is the world map. I like how you can choose between day and night, and it highlights which quests can be worked on at each location.
 
Yes, there was quite a bit. But all of it could be acquired for free via preorders, Bioware signature edition, Dragon Age Legends (facebook), and other Bioware games.


So far I am really liking DA2. One feature that hasn't been mentioned is the world map. I like how you can choose between day and night, and it highlights which quests can be worked on at each location.

I dont know why, but DLC upon release rubs me the wrong way. I understand this is the way everything is going now days, but still..
 
I really do not know why so many people are bashing on the game. Yes they changed the look and combat was sped up, but is that big of a deal that they tried to change the game.

Wabe mentioned an increase in cooldowns but you're saying combat has 'sped up'. Are attack rates increased? What specifically has changed about combat from DA:O to DA II?
 
I refuse to play this game until some new drivers come out. There is NO way a SLI GTX 580 OC setup can get ~30fps on DX11 and very high settings.
 
It just seems everything moves faster. It is probably just the animations, but it makes seem like it is much faster. The cooldowns on the healing potions is a bit annoying. I have been in a couple of battles and moving my character around just so I can take a potion.
 
Wabe mentioned an increase in cooldowns but you're saying combat has 'sped up'. Are attack rates increased? What specifically has changed about combat from DA:O to DA II?

Yeah it's the animations.
 
Yeah the exploding darkspawn I find funny. Like two daggers are going to shred a body in one hit. Those animation are a little over the top. I would prefer seeing a beheading animation or a stabbing through the brain type kill instead, but the game is still fun even if there are a few shortcomings.
 
I'm not a huge fan of some of them. I'll be attacking darkspawn with my rouge, and they'll explode into a pile of body parts. A lot less inpressive than some of Origin's fatality shots.

I do miss the kill animations or whatever they were called.
 
I wish nVidia or BioWare would say something about the DX11 performance problems. I'm playing in DX9 with high-res textures (which is fine), but I'd like to play at the maximum if possible.
 
I'm finding that magic resistence plays a big part in the game. Getting the upgraded Elemental Aegis for 60% elemental resistance on my tank allowed me kill the first dragon on Nightmare.
 
Just got it installed last night with the hi-res pack. At 1920x1080 with everything maxxed, it is absolutely goregous in DX11 and I'm getting a playable 30-40 FPS. This is easily the best-looking RPG I've ever played. No problems here with my 5850, but if I do experience some crashes, I'll try the 11.4 Catalyst preview driver.
 
I agree,

But the Demo is nothing like the full game. And if you do buy it, dont forget to download the High-res textures as well.

It makes the consoles look like An atari

Oh, they aren't included on the disk?

Where do I download them? I didn't see them under the DLC for the game (but I'm at work so I can't dig for them at the moment.)
 
I wish nVidia or BioWare would say something about the DX11 performance problems. I'm playing in DX9 with high-res textures (which is fine), but I'd like to play at the maximum if possible.

DX11 is working fine. You just need to set it to High. You get the cloud shadows and the spell effects - and DX 11 makes the high res textures look better.

The Highest setting for DX isn't working for Nvidia users, but visually it adds virtually nothing. People are focusing on the fact that Highest isn't working, rather than taking a good look at it and seeing that it doesn't do anything anyway.
 
Its under Official Patches

Sweet, thanks.

I feel like an idiot, I should know by now to always check for patches, even on release day (although in my defense it took me over an hour of trying to register the game and the DLC before I was able to accomplish it so I ran right off to actually play the game.)
 
I'm finding that magic resistence plays a big part in the game. Getting the upgraded Elemental Aegis for 60% elemental resistance on my tank allowed me kill the first dragon on Nightmare.

For my tank, that skinny red headed girl, I selected the Aegis thing right away - but I can plainly see that she's going to need something to reduce the amount of backstabbing damage against her.

I still haven't played much, but even the non boss battles I've played through on Hard have been touch and go, with rogues being the most pesky.

Right now I have a bad feeling that I'm not leveling my Rogue properly in order to play through on Hard. In one fight, playing as an archer seemed to do the trick, in another I virtually had to go to duel weapons. So I've taken abilities in both trees instead of just the one or the other. Is it possible I wonder to follow the bow and arrow tree, and the duel weapon tree? Probably not.

Also, how do you quickly change weapon sets?
 
I'm a little confused. I redeemed my codes and it said I got the Black Emporium, the sword and shield, etc.

I found the sword and shield in my special chest or whatever, but I haven't been able to locate the Black Emporium anywhere. Am I missing something? I've looked all around Kirkwall.
 
I'm a little confused. I redeemed my codes and it said I got the Black Emporium, the sword and shield, etc.

I found the sword and shield in my special chest or whatever, but I haven't been able to locate the Black Emporium anywhere. Am I missing something? I've looked all around Kirkwall.

Check your quick map of the entire city/region. It's on the right hand side.
 
For my tank, that skinny red headed girl, I selected the Aegis thing right away - but I can plainly see that she's going to need something to reduce the amount of backstabbing damage against her.

I still haven't played much, but even the non boss battles I've played through on Hard have been touch and go, with rogues being the most pesky.

Right now I have a bad feeling that I'm not leveling my Rogue properly in order to play through on Hard. In one fight, playing as an archer seemed to do the trick, in another I virtually had to go to duel weapons. So I've taken abilities in both trees instead of just the one or the other. Is it possible I wonder to follow the bow and arrow tree, and the duel weapon tree? Probably not.

Also, how do you quickly change weapon sets?

I think they removed being able to switch weapon sets. You'll have to do it manually.

There's a talent that upgrades shield defense to +50% damage resistance from behind.
 
DX11 is working fine. You just need to set it to High. You get the cloud shadows and the spell effects - and DX 11 makes the high res textures look better.

The Highest setting for DX isn't working for Nvidia users, but visually it adds virtually nothing. People are focusing on the fact that Highest isn't working, rather than taking a good look at it and seeing that it doesn't do anything anyway.

Yeah I tried High DX11, but I was still getting an average 30-40 fps, which I thought was odd. Are you using SSAO also, or no? I'll probably try a clean install of the latest beta drivers when I get home.
 
I think they removed being able to switch weapon sets. You'll have to do it manually.

There's a talent that upgrades shield defense to +50% damage resistance from behind.

No way to map it to a key? I honestly never used it in Origins.
 
terrible, really the first game was a lot better. The game is incredibly slow to start and then after the second chapter proceeds to haul ass to the finale. This game failed to grab me in the first 4 hours all of which were spent doing mindless tasks for money in order to progress. The start left me feeling unattached to any of the characters including the main, and by the time i finally started feeling like i was getting to know the cast, the game was practically over. Combat is buggy, traps in certain area's were extremely buggy and to top it all off you go through the entire game dealing with a minimap system that I cant imagine ever finding useful. I consider my self a bit of a bioware fanboy, but this is just way below par for what I expect from them.
 
Back
Top