Double Impact Block

Nope, straight from the box to the CPU. The CPU is also a normal retail Q6600 with no changes. Just interesting that the same cores are always running cooler than the others. Might just be the CPU.

I am holding out for a Triple Impact, but rumors say that is just a gimped Quad Impact due to manufacturing process issues.

Here's a recent review of the Aquaduct 360 and Di: http://www.virtual-hideout.net/reviews/Aquacomputer_Aquaduct_360XT/index.shtml

It's not a very good review IMHO, and probably won't satisfy the XS types out there, but better than nothing.

What I took away is the equipment is for real (no shit I own both) and was able to achieve great overclocking in a configuration already known to do well. Safe to say that combo won't limit your overclocking and have a ton of flexiblity along with all the sexyness of Aquacomputers. While it was missing all the technical crap and graphs that clutters/confuses the end result, I found it good actual data.

It was a paid for PR report. :(

If you call giving them the equipment for the review that is a sad miss informed statement. Many, if not all, top review sites charge upwards of 10k for a review plus advertising on their site for an agreed apon time and the equipment for keeps.

What I took away is the equipment is for real (no shit I own both) and was able to achieve great overclocking in a configuration already known to do well. Safe to say that combo won't limit your overclocking and have a ton of flexiblity along with all the sexyness of Aquacomputers. While it was missing all the technical crap and graphs that clutters/confuses the end result, I found it good actual data.
Except that there is absolutely NO basis for comparison. How does it compare to an Apogee/GT/X or a Fuzion? How about a Reserator/XT? How about noise? He says it's pretty quiet, but does that mean you can't hear it over a PSU fan, or does it mean "compared to my old Delta fans"?

Except that there is absolutely NO basis for comparison. How does it compare to an Apogee/GT/X or a Fuzion? How about a Reserator/XT? How about noise? He says it's pretty quiet, but does that mean you can't hear it over a PSU fan, or does it mean "compared to my old Delta fans"?

Data that supports his agenda is good data regardless of its merits...

Technical sheeet is good, mon. However, I do see your point about the Aquaduct being a lean mean machine that won't be holding back your OC. :D

If you call giving them the equipment for the review that is a sad miss informed statement. Many, if not all, top review sites charge upwards of 10k for a review plus advertising on their site for an agreed apon time and the equipment for keeps.

What I meant is that Sharka picked the review site that did the least technical work in the review. I could have written a better report than that. ;)

Why does every AC thread have to turn into a flamefest?

What flames are you speaking about? I don't think I flamed anyone or anything. If I did I apologize right now. I own some AC equipment and like the stuff. Sometimes I don't like the politics of AC and have been known to make a few comments about that. :eek:

Please stop bashign my TDX, I think you might hurt it's feelings! I changed my nozel to one with either larger holes or slots. I never bother playing with it. I just know it's good enough for this chip and I will have less worries about it getting plugged or having too much restriction through the rest of the loop. I could care less about a 2-3c difference. Then again thats because heat is not holding back my overclock...

Weren't there some other pending reviews? I hope the VH one wasn't the one we were waiting for.

Data that supports his agenda is good data regardless of its merits...

If you can do a better job step up to the plate. The amount of websites (not manufactures) willing to do a true technical review is all of about zero right now........

What I meant is that Sharka picked the review site that did the least technical work in the review. I could have written a better report than that. ;)

Sharka has reached out to numerous review sites and the typical response is "we don't do that anymore" or want large amount of cash in addition to the equipment and banner ads.

Why does every AC thread have to turn into a flamefest?

I look at it two ways with these guys.

1. They don't have the money to buy it so it is much easier to discredit it; or
2. It is not 1/2" based and must discredit it

Either way it is always shoot -> aim with these guys.

Weren't there some other pending reviews? I hope the VH one wasn't the one we were waiting for.

Like I said, its not like Sharka isn't trying.......

Meanwhile I am enjoying sub 30c idle and low 40c load with my DI on a Q6600. :)

I look at it two ways with these guys.

1. They don't have the money to buy it so it is much easier to discredit it; or
2. It is not 1/2" based and must discredit it

Either way it is always shoot -> aim with these guys.

:rolleyes:

Most of the people that "bash" AC have silly expensive water cooling gear so they could probably buy it. In the grand scheme of things after you toss in dual GPU blocks, rad, pump, cpu block, ect, 40 bucks more for an AC block is chump change.

As for the 1/2, I use 3/8 (as do many of the people that "bash" it) and could really care less.

I dislike AC/Koolance/innovatek largely because of the 1. questionable performance, 2. BS reviews/claims that typically fall flat on their face, 3. the fanatical people that encourage that crap.

I'm interested in actual data on this product since my apogee GT is aging, don't like how the fusion looks, don't trust the GTX. I really want to see how this and the enzo-tech block work since I'm debating either of those.

However the only review on this product has so many problems I wouldn't know where to begin.

Hoping that changes, both of the blocks I'm considering look damn sexy and I'm getting impatient.

I'm interested in actual data on this product since my apogee GT is aging, don't like how the fusion looks, don't trust the GTX. I really want to see how this and the enzo-tech block work since I'm debating either of those.

The problem is no matter what the review site, people will have objections. Look at it as a good start and shows more people than just constantly bashed AC users on this forum find the product a good performer.

The problem is no matter what the review site, people will have objections. Look at it as a good start and shows more people than just constantly bashed AC users on this forum find the product a good performer.

But the one review for this product is BS on a horrible level, and the people that typically back this company encourage and allow BS all for the sake of things looking pretty, they can't be trusted at all.

But the one review for this product is BS on a horrible level, and the people that typically back this company encourage and allow BS all for the sake of things looking pretty, they can't be trusted at all.

So lets see.... If it doesn't have purdy graphs and such it is BS? The guy says he overclocking was the same with the DI/Aquaduct as with Dtek or Swiftech but since there are no graphs it makes it BS?

Take these reviews http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=78 or http://thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=85 and you will find Motherboard Monitor was used to record the temps. Does that make these reviews total BS and the equipment questionable? Great graphs and such but the tool used to obtain the data could be considered suspect......

So lets see.... If it doesn't have purdy graphs and such it is BS? The guy says he overclocking was the same with the DI/Aquaduct as with Dtek or Swiftech but since there are no graphs it makes it BS?

Take these reviews http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=78 or http://thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=85 and you will find Motherboard Monitor was used to record the temps. Does that make these reviews total BS and the equipment questionable?
Nothing wrong with MBM, as long as you use the same motherboard for all tests.

To answer your question:
First review is passable, because we have a frame of reference; we already knew how the Storm would perform, within a few degrees. The Fuzion review, by comparison, leaves a lot to be desired.

In both cases, FCG does nothing to address consistency- we don't know if he re-mounted several times, or if once was enough. It's a pretty safe bet that he knows what he's doing, but even the best have their foibles (fun word :D).

If you can do a better job step up to the plate. The amount of websites (not manufactures) willing to do a true technical review is all of about zero right now........

Sharka has reached out to numerous review sites and the typical response is "we don't do that anymore" or want large amount of cash in addition to the equipment and banner ads.

So why doesn't Sharka hire someone (maybe the nurse person?) to do testing in house? That guy at Petra's does in-house testing and no one seems to be bagging on their testing. What's it cost to set up a simple test bed?

Meanwhile I am enjoying sub 30c idle and low 40c load with my DI on a Q6600. :)

Pump, radiator, reservoir, etc?

I dislike AC/Koolance/innovatek largely because of the 1. questionable performance, 2. BS reviews/claims that typically fall flat on their face, 3. the fanatical people that encourage that crap.

1. :rolleyes: If you hook up one of these companies complete system and your OC doesn't change would you at least consider that the cooling system is working correctly?

2. I think AC, Koolance, and Aqua Computer account for a whole lot more sales than Swiftech, EK, and other hot rod companies. So I would suggest to you that they don't fall on their face.

3. Which people are you referring to?

Well if you can't find the data why don't you make some and tell us all about it?

YEP! :D

Are you one of those guys that got the nurse banned with your own brand of fanaticism? Sure sounds like you got a blade you want to grind on. I use AC gear because I like it and it doesn't cost anymore than the rest of the stuff available here on this side of the pond.

I think you are correct, but to be truthful what put me off a bit was that the reviewer didn't seem to have a good command of the English language. It's not so much what he said or didn't say, but how he said it and supported what he said.

Just asking for a bit better class of a review here than VH. :rolleyes:

So why doesn't Sharka hire someone (maybe the nurse person?) to do testing in house? That guy at Petra's does in-house testing and no one seems to be bagging on their testing. What's it cost to set up a simple test bed?

Petra isn't really telling people information that could not be found elsewhere on the internet. They do a good job with customer service, which results in good sales and is the only way a one-two man shop can stay afloat. At the end of the day even though Sharka is dropping close to 20k per order with AC, those sales are a small percent of their overall sales. I was impressed that they sent 700.00 worth of product to VH since that comes off their bottom line (margins on AC equipment is very low).

I think you are correct, but to be truthful what put me off a bit was that the reviewer didn't seem to have a good command of the English language. It's not so much what he said or didn't say, but how he said it and supported what he said.

Just asking for a bit better class of a review here than VH. :rolleyes:

Again, beggers can be choosy...... If you saw the long ass list of sites approached to do a review on Sharka's white board it would more sense. The larger ones want too much cash for a distributor to dump; not to mention how much product sales it would take to recup the expense. I asked Wes to get in contact with nikhsub1 to see if he would do a review of the block but am not sure of if he did or the outcome.

Pump, radiator, reservoir, etc?

AC 360 radiator, DDC pump w/ alphacool top & top mount res, DI block, EK 8800 block, 3/8" tubing.

(margins on AC equipment is very low).

Me thinks you are quite incorrect on this matter...

Again, beggers can be choosy...... If you saw the long ass list of sites approached to do a review on Sharka's white board it would more sense. The larger ones want too much cash for a distributor to dump; not to mention how much product sales it would take to recup the expense. I asked Wes to get in contact with nikhsub1 to see if he would do a review of the block but am not sure of if he did or the outcome.

Sharka is the only distributor in the Western hemisphere (USA, Canada, Mexico) so if they ain't making money they need to try a little harder. :rolleyes:

I don't think Sharka is too interested in getting a quality review where the numbers are laid out and comparable to other water cooling companies. The last review that was done in English was total crap and it didn't have anything to do with the quality of the equipment either. It was simply lack of information on how the equipment worked that wasn't told to the reviewer so we got stock results instead of the results that everybody in the world was getting (Aquastream pump OC). :(

AC 360 radiator, DDC pump w/ alphacool top & top mount res, DI block, EK 8800 block, 3/8" tubing.

Not bad :D

Sharka is the only distributor in the Western hemisphere (USA, Canada, Mexico) so if they ain't making money they need to try a little harder. :rolleyes:

You are missing the point and how businesses are ran...... Would you spend 10,000.00 to make 12,000.00?

I don't think Sharka is too interested in getting a quality review where the numbers are laid out and comparable to other water cooling companies.

I don't see any other blocks getting real reviews other than buy a small number (under 2) of users who take the time to due a full blown review; other than what the manufactures themselves release. Doesn't help that the company has to be part of the "good ole boy" club to get attention.

The last review that was done in English was total crap and it didn't have anything to do with the quality of the equipment either. It was simply lack of information on how the equipment worked that wasn't told to the reviewer so we got stock results instead of the results that everybody in the world was getting (Aquastream pump OC). :(

Another example of what you get right now......... Sad part is you don't know how long that took to get done and how much banner ad+equipment it cost. Since there are so many people focused on discrediting the product, it has no chance. Funny part is the users that buy AC equipment never complain about temps or something not working.

Not too bad for a product everyone wants to fail ;)

Daaaannngggg, just when you step out for a few minutes.... :eek:

So, is Ranker or Nikhsub going to give us a review of this or what?

So, is Ranker or Nikhsub going to give us a review of this or what?

:confused: Ranker? You must be kidding me.

I wish Nikhsub would test the block.... I'm tempted to send him mine since he lives only 30 minutes from me.

Daaaannngggg, just when you step out for a few minutes.... :eek:

So, is Ranker going to give us a review of this or what?

That's like asking the devil to review the accommodations in heaven... :eek:

Hasn't he had a DI for sometime now? Probably tested it already and it smoked his current cooler. :D

That's like asking the devil to review the accommodations in heaven... :eek:

Hasn't he had a DI for sometime now? Probably tested it already and it smoked his current cooler. :D
Now that's where the AC fanboy comments come from. Not saying non-European users never make similar comments, but this contains nothing but bias and sniping. For one, in an accurate testing situation for both blocks, if the DI did infact beat the FuZion, it could not be by more than a few degrees. Even the hardest of the hardcore wouldn't claim a block smoking another unless the new challenger claimed to destroy the old top performer, and then promptly performed a few degrees worse.

For a good review of the block itself, we need to see an accurate test of the block's performance (C/W vs. Pressure Drop vs. Flowrate) with multiple mounts. The Virtual-Hideout review proved (surprise, surprise) that an Aquaduct 360 XT and DI won't fry your processor. Without precise testing, we can't really compare it with much else in the water cooling world, although their conclusion about the DI's flowrates actually contradicts what the reviewer was saying:
Virtual-Hideout said:
As for the performance of the system, all the temps are actually quite good, especially given the fact that the pump speed is set to its default when you first activate the system which was around 20 L/H default, reaching 30 L/H during operations. The most optimal pump speed seemed to be about the 40 to 45 L/H. Increasing the water flow any higher, even up to 60 L/H, didn't greatly lower the temperatures. In fact, they dropped a mere 1 degree which indicates that the Cuplex XT water block is quite efficient no matter what flow levels are applied.
(for reference, 40-45 l/h < 0.2gpm, 60l/h ~=0.26gpm) (my emphasis added)
With that tiny of an increase in flow (assuming, of course that integrated flow meter is accurate), that's absolutely huge for a waterblock. Although blocks never follow a completely linear flow vs. C/w progression, compare this to ProCooling's review of the G5 (scroll down for the C/W vs. flow graph), and getting up to 1 or 1.5gpm could easily, easily get close to 10 degrees cooler on an OC'd C2D (that delta range is with an estimated 71 watt TBred). I'd call that a noticeable difference.

Now that's where the AC fanboy comments come from. Not saying non-European users never make similar comments, but this contains nothing but bias and sniping. For one, in an accurate testing situation for both blocks, if the DI did infact beat the FuZion, it could not be by more than a few degrees. Even the hardest of the hardcore wouldn't claim a block smoking another unless the new challenger claimed to destroy the old top performer, and then promptly performed a few degrees worse.

Well, lets call a spade a spade here. From perusing the search function this guy Ranker has been an anti-fanboy in regards to Aqua Computer gear, right? So he goes out and buys an Aqua Computer XT Double Impact and then he just lets it sit around his house staring at it? I am not so gullible as that, are you? :confused:

For a good review of the block itself, we need to see an accurate test of the block's performance (C/W vs. Pressure Drop vs. Flowrate) with multiple mounts. The Virtual-Hideout review proved (surprise, surprise) that an Aquaduct 360 XT and DI won't fry your processor. Without precise testing, we can't really compare it with much else in the water cooling world, although their conclusion about the DI's flowrates actually contradicts what the reviewer was saying:
(for reference, 40-45 l/h < 0.2gpm, 60l/h ~=0.26gpm) (my emphasis added)
With that tiny of an increase in flow (assuming, of course that integrated flow meter is accurate), that's absolutely huge for a waterblock. Although blocks never follow a completely linear flow vs. C/w progression, compare this to ProCooling's review of the G5 (scroll down for the C/W vs. flow graph), and getting up to 1 or 1.5gpm could easily, easily get close to 10 degrees cooler on an OC'd C2D (that delta range is with an estimated 71 watt TBred). I'd call that a noticeable difference.

It may show a difference on the test bench, but does it see anything, if at all, on the live computer?

Just guessing here, but I think the Aquaduct sent for review has the flowmeter with the 3.1mm hole in it. Most people have drilled them out to around 6mm because it increases the flow phenomenally. In fact the current shipping versions of the Aquaduct have the flowmeter with the 5.6mm holes in them so we should see roughly double the flow over what they got in the review with a stock pump. With an OC pump, people should see over 200 LPH based on what I'm currently getting.

Just guessing here, but I think the Aquaduct sent for review has the flowmeter with the 3.1mm hole in it. Most people have drilled them out to around 6mm because it increases the flow phenomenally. In fact the current shipping versions of the Aquaduct have the flowmeter with the 5.6mm holes in them so we should see roughly double the flow over what they got in the review with a stock pump. With an OC pump, people should see over 200 LPH based on what I'm currently getting.

Changing the bore size of one component is not going to double flowrates lol. In fact it should have a relatively minor impact on the flowrate.

Changing the bore size of one component is not going to double flowrates lol. In fact it should have a relatively minor impact on the flowrate.

So much for theory here. :p

Many people have switched out the Aqua Computer flow meters with an Innovatek flow meter and the flow rate as shown on the Aquaero increases by 80-100 percent due to a much bigger hole size. Remember that these flow meters are paddle type so increasing the hole size makes for a dramatic increase in flow rates.

Many people have switched out the Aqua Computer flow meters with an Innovatek flow meter and the flow rate as shown on the Aquaero increases by 80-100 percent due to a much bigger hole size. Remember that these flow meters are paddle type so increasing the hole size makes for a dramatic increase in flow rates.

You would have to replace the flow meter inside the aquaduct and make too many modifications to the base to increase the ID. The unit works like a champ the way it is.

Until they are tested with a second flow meter in the loop as a control (maybe one of those cool swissflow ones that dont impede flow), or by measuring actual flow into a graduated container, it is much more likely that the two different flow meters are outputting different data. In order to double the flow rate that one little flow meter would have to have much more resistance than all the other components in the loop combined. I find that highly unlikely. It is much more likely that by increasing the bore size or switching to a different sensor you are getting suspect data. IIRC the Aquasuite needs you to configure the settings for the flow meter to get an accurate reading.

Back