Double Impact Block

You would have to replace the flow meter inside the aquaduct and make too many modifications to the base to increase the ID. The unit works like a champ the way it is.

You can either replace the flow meter with the shipping version from Aqua Computer or drill out the existing flow meter to 6mm. If you do the second item you will have to calibrate the flow meter with a meter bucket. The holes in the Aquaduct base are easily 6mm in width last time I looked in there. Every little bit works! The current Aquaduct's being made have the 5.6mm flow meter inside them.

Until they are tested with a second flow meter in the loop as a control (maybe one of those cool swissflow ones that dont impede flow), or by measuring actual flow into a graduated container, it is much more likely that the two different flow meters are outputting different data. In order to double the flow rate that one little flow meter would have to have much more resistance than all the other components in the loop combined. I find that highly unlikely. It is much more likely that by increasing the bore size or switching to a different sensor you are getting suspect data. IIRC the Aquasuite needs you to configure the settings for the flow meter to get an accurate reading.

I don't need to put a second flow meter in mine because of three things: First, the impulses per liter are well known for the Innovatek unit, secondly I checked my results with a meter bucket and it is spot on, and third my results are similar to what others have found. :D

Yes, the older AC flow meter was extremely restrictive. :(

Here are some updates to the rig. I swapped out my 680i after the second RMA and now am running the Maximus Formula SE. So far the best motherboard I have ever owned. Until we see some HD3870 blocks I will run the DI and Fusion (Asus) coolers in a loop. I got it running 3.5 ghz (Q6600) at 1.4v. The core is running between 21-24 idle depending on which core you look at.

100_1332.jpg

New HD3870's

100_1340.jpg

So am I understanding you correctly that your getting about the same results with the Aqua Computer XT Double Impact block as the the new EK block that's running the Iwaki pump? ;)

Can we get a coretemp and intelTAT temp (alongside with a cpuz screenshot) with dual Orthos running? Everything in the same screeny :)

So am I understanding you correctly that your getting about the same results with the Aqua Computer XT Double Impact block as the the new EK block that's running the Iwaki pump? ;)

No you are not understanding correctly. You cannot compare the same block across different CPU, different motherboard, different cooling loop, different ambient conditions, much less all of those combined. LOL

All you can take away from his results are that it doesn't suck and in fact performs pretty good. Also that the Maximus Formula is a damn sexy motherboard.

Back