DOTA 2

You aren't really a Dota player if you lose interest because it doesn't have enough heroes yet. Beta is just a word at this point. The game is out in competition all over the world (mTw just took out Na'Vi at Dreamhack) and in a pretty steady state as far as Dota goes (in terms of metagame). I just don't understand the notion of losing interest because it's still in beta unless none of your friends are in the beta with you.

Really couldn't care less about the pro scene. I just know no one on my steam F list is playing DOTA 2 anymore.

And I'm not sure what you mean by not really a DOTA player. Not sure how many thousands more hours I have to put into DOTA since 8 years ago to be a real player.

lol im loving pwning people with Gyrochotper. he's hysterical. pew pew pew pew.

Okay, error on my part but I did eventually find the DOTA 2 dl link in the community section of my steam app. Thank you guys for helping me out with that!

I am a total noob but would like to get the hang of it with some similarly noobish person or an experienced person that can show me the ropes. JUst don't judge to harshly and Ill do my best to follow the advice you give.

Alternatively if anyone has a good resource for learning about the basics then I would welcome that bit of info as well.

Thanks and TC!

Ronjon

Okay, error on my part but I did eventually find the DOTA 2 dl link in the community section of my steam app. Thank you guys for helping me out with that!

I am a total noob but would like to get the hang of it with some similarly noobish person or an experienced person that can show me the ropes. JUst don't judge to harshly and Ill do my best to follow the advice you give.

Alternatively if anyone has a good resource for learning about the basics then I would welcome that bit of info as well.

Thanks and TC!

Ronjon

http://www.purgegamers.com/welcome-to-dota-you-suck

Much more can be found here, feel free to ask questions and look at info/links on the right side of the screen. http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/

a good way to get better is pick a relatively easy support hero and stick with him for a while, get a feel for how the game runs.

I know it's been asked before, but does anyone have an extra invite or know of a site that has giveaways (with a reasonable chance of getting a key)? It seems almost impossible to get one nowadays.

Thanks!

I know it's been asked before, but does anyone have an extra invite or know of a site that has giveaways (with a reasonable chance of getting a key)? It seems almost impossible to get one nowadays.

Thanks!

Unless I'm mistaken you have to buy purchase access or get invited by Valve. I *think* they stopped allowing other players to invite people because they were just selling the invites. If I'm wrong I apologize.

scroll up a few posts ffs, they are still giving out invites. if you don't want the item pack just sign up and they will send one eventually, they're just rolling out servers at their own pace.

Unless I'm mistaken you have to buy purchase access or get invited by Valve. I *think* they stopped allowing other players to invite people because they were just selling the invites. If I'm wrong I apologize.

I got invited by a friend maybe a week or two ago, but that may have been an invite he was given a while ago so I don't know.

I got invited by a friend maybe a week or two ago, but that may have been an invite he was given a while ago so I don't know.

Well that's cool! I'm hoping my nephew gets in soon. He's enjoying Demigod with me, but I want to play DOTA 2 instead as it has a ton more players. I'm not interested in buying him a key for $40, and apprehensive of introducing him to LoL. He's the type that never leaves a game if he likes it so I don't want to start him playing LoL when I'd much rather play DOTA 2.

Two friends and I play together whenever we're on together and if anyone wants more people (skill level doesn't matter) to play with pm me for steam info. I'd like to queue with five people since having two other randoms can make or break a game. We're new to dota 2, but have extensive HoN experience and some dota. We try to always have fun and keep the rage to a minimum.

Bought 6 keys to unlock my chests, and pull out a Unusual Stumpy, which I promptly traded for a Black Ops 2 preorder, and 9 keys.

I'm really liking this game. Slowly getting my win/loss ratio to 1-1, I'm at .91/1 or so.

Hi if anyone wants someone to queue with i'm definitely up for it.
Non-rager, want to learn so i can get better, and if i play support, i buy courier (even if i queue solo) lol
(PM me for my steamid)

honestly this game has crazy potential.. the problem with free to play in a game like this is it brings on a lot of people who fucking SUCK.

this is a high skill ceiling game. without good player its fucking miserable. especially since the games are so lengthy.

hit me up if you want to play and you are good.. if you are trying to learn and youre good at listening im always down to help as well

honestly this game has crazy potential.. the problem with free to play in a game like this is it brings on a lot of people who fucking SUCK.

this is a high skill ceiling game. without good player its fucking miserable. especially since the games are so lengthy.

That doesn't really matter if you're a good player considering there's ELO match making...

I got in the beta in September but I've only been playing it since late October when the beta opened up to allow more people (ie - my friends) in.

It is fantastic. It is also by far my most played game on Steam by total hours played.

Well i just got into the beta (The free beta) so they are still giving invites

i wonder if icefrog will develop new heroes after all of the original DOTA heroes have been implemented.

when HON's S2 Gaming started adding in their own heroes it was almost always imba and fucking horrible.

atleast IceFrog did the balancing for the original DOTA that led it to glory hopefully they can develop new non game breaking heroes

lol yeah s2 heroes are either useless or op. but i still prefer hon atm because im decently rated 1800 and dont get matched up with retards generally.

in dota 2 i just get matched with 4 retards and it becomes very hard to win, plus you cant even concede so you just end up wasting 40mins or getting a leave. even when i go 7-0 with a carry by ganking all lanes for them i still fucking lose cuz ppl are just that bad.

lol yeah s2 heroes are either useless or op. but i still prefer hon atm because im decently rated 1800 and dont get matched up with retards generally.

in dota 2 i just get matched with 4 retards and it becomes very hard to win, plus you cant even concede so you just end up wasting 40mins or getting a leave. even when i go 7-0 with a carry by ganking all lanes for them i still fucking lose cuz ppl are just that bad.

there are a lot of baddies playing dota 2 thats for damn sure. the more people you have to play with the better off you are

there are a lot of baddies playing dota 2 thats for damn sure. the more people you have to play with the better off you are

#1 baddie right here. I really want to figure it out with my nephews, but alas no keys. Losing to bots killed my confidence even more. :)

#1 baddie right here. I really want to figure it out with my nephews, but alas no keys. Losing to bots killed my confidence even more. :)

i can help you if you want. i am learning to be more patient. honestly though knowledge is key. there are some great videos out there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i0439JaMYA

- know what the heroes can do .. stun / disable / nuke etc

- know skill builds and item buillds / what items can do

- know how to pull creeps, ward, support, babysit etc.

^ dota is really about knowledge.. the more you know about what the other players are capable of the more you can use that to your advantage

another thing to avoid is All Pick. its a horrible game mode.. it just allows imbalance and horrible team composition. just use single draft / random / captains mode.

some times playing some simpler heroes will allow you to focus on the more important functions of the game like last hitting etc. Viper / Lion / zeus / shadow shaman ( try to avoid carries because dying will have a larger impact on the game ) avoid death by carries as well.

Last edited:
man dota was so much fun. Dota 2 is equally as fun! Cant wait til some of the other heros are added. I never got to play w/ all the dota character bc I quit playing before they were added. Cant wait to see some of my favs: bristleback, terrorblade, Doom Bringer,Nerubian Assassin,Keeper of the Light,Holy Knight,Naga Siren,Leshrac's,pit lord, so many..are they all confirmed for dota 2?

man dota was so much fun. Dota 2 is equally as fun! Cant wait til some of the other heros are added. I never got to play w/ all the dota character bc I quit playing before they were added. Cant wait to see some of my favs: bristleback, terrorblade, Doom Bringer,Nerubian Assassin,Keeper of the Light,Holy Knight,Naga Siren,Leshrac's,pit lord, so many..are they all confirmed for dota 2?

nerubian assassin is in the game so is holy knight. these have different names or their actually character name like holy knight is chen and nerubian assassin is weaver

Nerubian Assassin != Weaver. He's not in the game yet... that I know of anyways.

Still awaiting techies...

Last edited:
Nerubian Assassin != Weaver. He's not in the game yet... that I know of anyways.

Still awaiting techies...

oh shit you're right. i like the sql statement ;) he's nerubian weaver.. honest mistake :p

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Heroes

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Unreleased_Content

After 500+ hours of Dota2, my biggest complaint is people that do not speak English playing on US-East and US-West servers. Communication is THE deciding factor in this game. You need to be able to articulate to your team what you are doing/need done. No idea why all the BR's and Russians play on the US servers when they have their own respective servers.

I'll stick to dota1 thanks, at least I can see what the hell is going on in my screen

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Heroes

http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Unreleased_Content

After 500+ hours of Dota2, my biggest complaint is people that do not speak English playing on US-East and US-West servers. Communication is THE deciding factor in this game. You need to be able to articulate to your team what you are doing/need done. No idea why all the BR's and Russians play on the US servers when they have their own respective servers.

fuckin a THIS. god damn i hate when these foreigners are on there. they're all bad too. theres like 2 good brazilians in the entire dota community its insane.

I'll stick to dota1 thanks, at least I can see what the hell is going on in my screen

i actually think dota 2 strikes a damn good balance in terms of game speed and spell effects. team battles are not insanely quick or hard to see.

it wouldnt even be so bad if it had a concede option. and yes ppl who dont speak english are annoying, but ppl who speak english and dont listen are just as annoying.

its like hey, a former dota pro is trying to carry you guys to victory atleast help him when he calls for you instead of afking or farming neutrals...

nope. doesn't need a concede button.

dota 2 is all about the game being crazy overturnable. you can win even when the score is 5-30. thats what dota is all about.

concede brings a bunch of defeatism and worthlessness to the game. i think im good without it thanks

nope. doesn't need a concede button.

dota 2 is all about the game being crazy overturnable. you can win even when the score is 5-30. thats what dota is all about.

concede brings a bunch of defeatism and worthlessness to the game. i think im good without it thanks

u must be a noob and play with a bunch of noobs. pros know when to give up, we dont give up when we are down on kills or farm. we give up when we know theres no fucking possible way we can comeback.

and pubbers give up all the time and rather than having 2 afks and having to sit while the other retard team farms when its 5v3 its not what i call fun.

Back