Doom Eternal

Mighty DOOM– Official Announce Trailer

Bethesda has announced a Doom spin-off for mobile phones developed by Zenimax-owned Canadian studio Alpha Dog...Mighty DOOM is an adorably violent top-down, single-touch action shooter introducing the all-new Mini Slayer, set in the animated DOOM universe...Run and gun your way through hordes of adorably violent demons, iconic levels, and challenging bosses as you level up, unlock powerful skills, and upgrade gear and weapons

launches on March 21st...

Bethesda has announced a Doom spin-off for mobile phones developed by Zenimax-owned Canadian studio Alpha Dog...Mighty DOOM is an adorably violent top-down, single-touch action shooter introducing the all-new Mini Slayer, set in the animated DOOM universe...Run and gun your way through hordes of adorably violent demons, iconic levels, and challenging bosses as you level up, unlock powerful skills, and upgrade gear and weapons

Well can't say I expected that

Mighty DOOM

chibi-doom.

giphy.gif

cash grab? reskin?

https://hardforum.com/forums/mobile-games.83/

I'm sure people are still buying it especially during the Steam sales etc when the price is dirt cheap...
What does that have to do with it being dead? The peeps who were going to pirate it, already have...
I know this and so does Bethesda, hence why it's so fucking cheap.

The MP (if you want to call it that) was worse than Doom 2016 and died a lot sooner.
So all that is left is the SP campaign and some DLC's. So once again, why not?

I think Doom Eternal deserves it praises, but this is way too fast for me. I was looking for a fun power-fantasy to kill demons, but I felt overwhelmed and exhausted after a few minutes. I guess, I am truly too old for this game now 68 years old. I even have it set at the easiest setting. It would have been nice if there was an option to reduce the speed say by 10% or so. I just don't have the reflexes to play this game using the standard mouse and keyboard. The other item that bugs me is limited ammo, and having to use multiple weapons to get armor or even ammo. I had no problem with Doom 2016 as it was more of my speed. Then there is the jumping and wall scaling that is required. The graphics are incredible, but this old gamer can't keep up with all the very fast pace action.

I think Doom Eternal deserves it praises, but this is way too fast for me. I was looking for a fun power-fantasy to kill demons, but I felt overwhelmed and exhausted after a few minutes. I guess, I am truly too old for this game now 68 years old. I even have it set at the easiest setting. It would have been nice if there was an option to reduce the speed say by 10% or so. I just don't have the reflexes to play this game using the standard mouse and keyboard. The other item that bugs me is limited ammo, and having to use multiple weapons to get armor or even ammo. I had no problem with Doom 2016 as it was more of my speed. Then there is the jumping and wall scaling that is required. The graphics are incredible, but this old gamer can't keep up with all the very fast pace action.

there's various points in the game where an item makes the demons even faster- much faster...as far as limited ammo, that's not really the case...there is too much ammo...the game just wants you to use the various gameplay mechanics: use the chainsaw to kill demons for ammo drops, flame belch to get enemies to drop armor and glory kills to get Health

once you get a hang of the mechanics it becomes fairly easy...you just need to constantly stay on the move and use your chainsaw, flame belch and glory kills...you'll eventually find a nice rhythm to the combat...but it is very fast paced and I can understand if your reflexes aren't quite as sharp when you get older

Last edited:
Doom 2016 would be more your speed. I prefer it myself.

It was way too difficult for me too so I used WeMod to make some things easier.
Haha, I did the same thing. I feel there's no point in playing a game if it is just frustrating, as was Eternal with all the mantling and platforming. I used the trainer (sparingly) to get past the hard parts but otherwise played it normally. It's likewise not fun if it's too easy.

The platforming in Doom Eternal killed the game for me.

It's a PC shooter, the godfather of all shooters, this isn't Super Mario Bro's.

Jumping onto walls and climbing was a major turnoff and had me scratching my head if this was Doom or some console port.

Hope that's not in the new next gen Quake game in development.

Last edited:
I liked the 2016 Doom a lot. It's probably my favorite pure shooter from the last decade.
I tried to play Eternal a few times and I just didn't enjoy it. It felt like a game that wanted you to do everything a specific way and that way didn't jive with how I like to play.

I liked the 2016 Doom a lot. It's probably my favorite pure shooter from the last decade.
I tried to play Eternal a few times and I just didn't enjoy it. It felt like a game that wanted you to do everything a specific way and that way didn't jive with how I like to play.
Exactly.

doom eternal bad, y no just run around with rocket luncher and just shoot thinsg?
That's cute. While I appreciate that the devs likely wanted, maybe even needed, to change things just enough to make the game feel different, most of us simply weren't looking for that. I didn't hate it, just didn't enjoy it enough to want to continue beyond a single playthrough.

Plus get it right it was always about the super shotgun.

doom eternal bad, y no just run around with rocket luncher and just shoot thinsg?
I mean, if it's fun?

I preferred D2016 over Eternal because it had much more open missions that could actually be explored and completed in any order of events, and the combat was similar: you approached encounters in ways you wanted and could experiment and find the weapons and tactics that you really enjoyed. Two different players could take down encounters in two completely different ways and both will have a blast doing it.

Doom Eternal is MUCH more linear, and missions where you can take multiple paths are still multiple linear paths. The combat is very much in that philosophy: you can only use a select few tactics and weapons for each type of situation. Two different players would have to use the same tactics and weapons for a given encounter, the only difference would be the skill used to execute it.

Edit: Also, the story of 2016 is very muted and environmental. Cutscenes are few, and the environment, world and passive storytelling draw you in and want to learn more. The actions of the main character speak to his character more than anything, and because the story doesn't push itself to the front-and-centre, you feel much more an active participant in paying attention to it. The story is quite engrossing because you can ignore it and really just play boom boom shooty with minimal story at all, but if you wanted to stop by and listen to the speaking rocks and read the logs you could.

The story in eternal is MUCH more dense, much more saturated with in-your-face big moments and characters and lore. Which you'd think would make the story more interesting, when really, it just makes it mandatory. You're FORCED to learn about characters, and listen to lengthy dialogue in blank hallways just long enough to hear the whole audio file, flashbacks, named characters, stakes and situations all over in a story that takes itself waaaay more seriously than before... which ironically makes it less interesting?

edit edit:
I loved both games, I think Doom Eternal is a 9/10 game. I just think 2016 is an 11/10.

Last edited:
That 'Doom Year Zero' (iirc) that leaked from the Microsoft court leak kinda sounds like a prequel - or maybe a remake of the original game(s).

But, yeah, I'd be okay with them taking a break for a bit to focus on another franchise. I'd love to see a Quake campaign sequel - maybe one based on the original game's setting.

Did you play The Ancient Gods? I think they're going to let Doom sleep again while they either revisit another franchise or make a new one.
That's what it seems like to me too. Also I could have sworn I read an article where they stated their next game won't be a Doom game.

Too bad though, I think they should at least do 3 games before letting the IP sleep again.

I'd love to see a Quake campaign sequel
Same.

Too bad though,I think they should at least do 3 games before letting the IP sleep again.
I'm just thankful we got the two that we did allll those years after Doom 3...and they absolutely slayed, esp. Doom 2016.

To me, the lack of another one for a while is far preferable to the way this franchise could've gone in another reality. Imagine if they would've gone full studiotard after the success of D2016 and started releasing them like AC or Far Cry or CoD games, tarnishing the DOOM name forever. Blech.

Did you play The Ancient Gods? I think they're going to let Doom sleep again while they either revisit another franchise or make a new one.

yes I played both Ancient Gods DLC's but I thought that there would always be some way to make a 3rd game

yes I played both Ancient Gods DLC's but I thought that there would always be some way to make a 3rd game
For sure, it's just at the end the Slayer is sealed away by the Maykrs again, which I would think puts an end to the Doom 2016 storyline. The ending makes it possible to make any kind of sequel they want in the future.

I'm just thankful we got the two that we did allll those years after Doom 3...and they absolutely slayed, esp. Doom 2016.
True, I feel the same way. Doom 2016 surprised the fuck outta me, cuz before launch I did NOT think that game was going to turn out well at aaallllll.

Well, I got to the point where you meet the Betrayer. After that, there is no way I could continue the game. I watched "theradbrad" do his walk threw going forward from that point, and there is no way I could do what he is doing in the game. Bummer because I like the sound track and graphics of the game.

Finished the base game a little while ago, bought both The Ancients Gods DLC and enjoying it, though I'm stuck at the final boss fight, he has the ability to heal himself which will extend the fight and shooting him most of the time doesn't really work because he carries a shield which deflects your bullets, even watching a walkthrough on YouTube didn't really help me. Apparently it takes 20 minutes or more just to defeat this guy, I simply just gave up, not sure why ID made fighting this final boss so notoriously difficult and I assume most players do not want a 20+ minute fight just to defeat the final boss.

Finished the base game a little while ago, bought both The Ancients Gods DLC and enjoying it, though I'm stuck at the final boss fight, he has the ability to heal himself which will extend the fight and shooting him most of the time doesn't really work because he carries a shield which deflects your bullets, even watching a walkthrough on YouTube didn't really help me. Apparently it takes 20 minutes or more just to defeat this guy, I simply just gave up, not sure why ID made fighting this final boss so notoriously difficult and I assume most players do not want a 20+ minute fight just to defeat the final boss.
I couldn’t beat that guy either!

if you made it all the way to the final boss of the DLC then the last boss should not be a big issue...I thought the most annoying boss in the game was the Khan Makyr boss as you had to run/jump across a very narrow area to avoid her AOE attack and then use a specific weapon to kill her

Last edited:
I finally picked this up when this game came out around Covid 2020 there wasn't alot of OLED monitors out there I wonder if people had OLED display would have a Change of Heart back when they played it in their IPS or whatever.

Back