Doom 4 E3 reveal.

Dumb question:

Don't you have to have a - in front of each command prompt or do I just do it exactly he's got here without the quotes and no commas to seperate each one as well?

That's what mine looks like. It's not working. What did I do wrong?

+set m_smooth 0, +com_skipIntroVideo 1

This is what I have in my launch options. I just tried this out, it takes me straight to the main menu after a brief pause (black screen). This did not work until I put the 1 at the end of the skip video command, they didn't mention that in the article.

I have no idea if the comma is required between the two commands, figured I'd try it that way to start.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Thanks for the reply. Yeah...I don't stare at the ground in this game either but I actually noticed it while playing normally and then investigated further.

I tried a few different AA settings so far (the game defaulted me to the max TSSAA 8x setting or whatever it's called) but haven't found a fix yet. Everything is pretty much at Ultra settings, including textures, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Drivers were up to date last night but I will get the latest ones that just came out today and try again tonight. I didn't have a ton of time to play around with it, but I wanted to see if anyone else knew about it.

It doesn't just appear on the ground, either, it's on basically all world textures as far as I can see. It was just easier to see in that particular shot.

I'll take a closer look when I get home later. I don't remember seeing it, but it was nigh-time, I was playing on the TV from the couch, so I didn't have my face in it like I would sitting at my desktop (which is currently in pieces...) It's entirely possible that I just didn't notice it.

Dumb question:

Don't you have to have a - in front of each command prompt or do I just do it exactly he's got here without the quotes and no commas to seperate each one as well?

That's what mine looks like. It's not working. What did I do wrong?

These are what you'd either put into an autoexec.cfg, or in the launch options for the game in Steam (right click the game, hit properties (or whatever) and add it in the launch options box.)) I'm not sure if you can use them at the command line, but if you can you probably would need - instead of +.

like this
bought it last night. Runs really well for me on my 980ti.
averaging around 90fps with everything on ultra @ 1440p

like this
These are what you'd either put into an autoexec.cfg, or in the launch options for the game in Steam (right click the game, hit properties (or whatever) and add it in the launch options box.)) I'm not sure if you can use them at the command line, but if you can you probably would need - instead of +.

It *seems* like it worked right off of launch options.

I used the +s, no commas, had 1 or 0 as applicable. I was able to access the graphics menus, nightmare was unlocked, no intro videos worked, no mouse smoothing detectable.

bought it last night. Runs really well for me on my 980ti.
averaging around 90fps with everything on ultra @ 1440p

Same here although I'm only 1920X1200 for now. (Yes, I'm on the prowl for a monitor upgrade)

Max settings and smokin'. I might throw some DSR at this for grins.

Beautiful game. I was on the fence because I only have a 760 GTX. But with a mixture of high and medium (I forced myself never to use anti-aliasing in games as I can't afford higher-end cards) it runs smooth so far.

I haven't played FPS games in awhile and it shows. Even the first section with the Imps felt challenging to me. I disabled the glow for the glory kills, I found it distracting from the start.

Really looking forward to play the game this weekend. Can't wait!

Thanks for the early feedback. I wish I preloaded now. As soon as I get home I am rockin' this game.

The new drivers changed my Doom profile SLI rendering mode to Single-GPU. Did this happen to anyone else?

And yes SLI was re-enabled after I updated the drivers.

The new drivers changed my Doom profile SLI rendering mode to Single-GPU. Did this happen to anyone else?

And yes SLI was re-enabled after I updated the drivers.

Yes, same exact thing here. SLI kinda sorta worked before but hardly any benefit, now it flat out does not do anything and the second GPU is idle.

That really sucks. I need that GTX 1080 immediately!

I wonder if the 10% gain Kyle got is because of the switch in SLI rendering mode.
NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready 365.19 WHQL

I just read through the thread where Kyle is talking about the game. He specifically states he is running 365.10 earlier in the the thread, and there is no mention that he personally moved to 365.19 so I would like to assume he is still on 365.10 and if he installed the new driver he would be in the same boat as us in regards to SLI. Just conjecture but seems likely to be the case.

I'm sure it will get fixed eventually, and I'm still constantly between 60-100 fps at 1440p DSR with a single 980. As Kyle says in that thread this game is super smooth, and we've got gsync for good measure.

Thanks for the early feedback. I wish I preloaded now. As soon as I get home I am rockin' this game.

The 25% off code at Green Man is good through Friday (today) if I remember correctly.

Edit: Just realized you said "preloaded" not "preordered" so disregard if necessary. :D

like this
I'm bored at work. Let's see some screenshots!

Never tried posting a screenshot here, let's hope I don't mess it up.

C0P6Kq.jpg

I just read through the thread where Kyle is talking about the game. He specifically states he is running 365.10 earlier in the the thread, and there is no mention that he personally moved to 365.19 so I would like to assume he is still on 365.10 and if he installed the new driver he would be in the same boat as us in regards to SLI. Just conjecture but seems likely to be the case.

I'm sure it will get fixed eventually, and I'm still constantly between 60-100 fps at 1440p DSR with a single 980. As Kyle says in that thread this game is super smooth, and we've got gsync for good measure.
Are you using the 8x AA option?

Yeah, that was the default and it had the biggest number so I left it at that, haven't really played around with many settings. Think that may be part of the issue we're seeing?
Just curious what setting you were running is all. Screenshot looks good.

I just posted in that thread not too long ago that the new driver (365.19) changes SLI to single GPU. One of the id developers said that they're working on officially adding SLI support in a tweet. You could get SLI back the normal ways by either changing to an AFR mode in the NVCP or changing the profile bits in NVIDIA Inspector for now.

They are seriously putting forth some effort with this game. Nice to see this.

No idea but I just noticed the afterburner overlay. I'm running my TX at 1400 too. 85C is cutting it a bit close though, no? Mine peaked at like 80-81 and I was getting worried.

Edit: and nice 4k :cool:

The real joke is this is a strix ti, runs warm and loud, contrary to most of the reviews out there, seen it up at 87c. :( Seems to be when i buy a new card it never tallies with the temps reviews show, oc3d claim that in sli mode theirs topped out at 83c and 72 c or therabouts single card..if i sli'd this it would be hitting in the 90's easily. Seen reviews claim that asus sacrificed thermals for low fan noise, its probably as loud as a reference despite having 3 large fans and a far larger heatsinlk

I was loving this game until I got to an area with tons of fire and lava then I got lost. No idea how to proceed. I need yellow and blue keycards but have no clue where to find them. :(

Reactions: Youn
like this
How does this game scale on CPU? I have a 2500k ~4.5 and itching to upgrade to sky lake. Have 980ti. Keep riding 2500k?

The real joke is this is a strix ti, runs warm and loud, contrary to most of the reviews out there, seen it up at 87c. :( Seems to be when i buy a new card it never tallies with the temps reviews show, oc3d claim that in sli mode theirs topped out at 83c and 72 c or therabouts single card..if i sli'd this it would be hitting in the 90's easily. Seen reviews claim that asus sacrificed thermals for low fan noise, its probably as loud as a reference despite having 3 large fans and a far larger heatsinlk

With these non-blower coolers it really depends more on your case airflow than anything. If you don't have good air movement in the case then it's just blowing hot air around inside.

With these non-blower coolers it really depends more on your case airflow than anything. If you don't have good air movement in the case then it's just blowing hot air around inside.

2 intakes at the front of the case, 2 intakes at the bottom, exhaust at the rear and 2 fans exhausting air out through the liquid cooler. Tried other variations of this doesn't seem to make much difference.

mwgclc3.jpg

2 intakes at the front of the case, 2 intakes at the bottom, exhaust at the rear and 2 fans exhausting air out through the liquid cooler. Tried other variations of this doesn't seem to make much difference.

mwgclc3.jpg

How does it do if you leave the side of the case off? Mine runs nice and cool regardless... I've never seen Temps like that with mine.

How does it do if you leave the side of the case off? Mine runs nice and cool regardless... I've never seen Temps like that with mine.

About 2c cooler if im lucky. Just finished 45 mins of doom with the panel off, 84c. What does yours reach when clocked?

Last edited:
Fuck sakes, I still have 40 minutes to wait for my download to complete. The joys of 1.2mb/s DSL.

15 minutes left

4 minutes left.....why is this taking so long!!!!

Last edited:
Getting 20 fps average with my cards. Haven't updated to the new nvidia game ready drivers. I think I need to upgrade.

I installed the new drivers and its running one of my 970's so hard it might melt, even with the fan ramped up. :eek:

The other 970 is sitting cool and idle though..... :p

Great looking game though.

Ok getting avg 90fps with everything maxed except virtual texture at high and not ultra. This was after downloading the Doom game ready drivers.

There is a secret in Resource Operations mission which you go to the top and pull a lever to open access to a secret doorway and play E1M1 of Doom 1 with Doom 1 graphics

Last edited:
That's a real shame. That was one of the original Doom's really cool features and it rewarded intelligent play.

Maybe it's because the game is so fast and hectic that I don't notice, but as I was running around frantically, I did see one stop chasing me and attack another. Also, after I died one time, I did notice one attacking another one.

About 2c cooler if im lucky. Just finished 45 mins of doom with the panel off, 84c. What does yours reach when clocked?
I just played for over an hour, the max temp I got on my card was 75 and that was with the side on. I watched the utilization and it was 100% the whole time as well.

Back