Doom 4 E3 reveal.

Just noticed the Wolfestein the Old Blood in in my Steam download list now 39 gigs though

The Pistol:
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 670 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or better
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • HDD: 55 GB free
The BFG 9016:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-3770/AMD FX-8350 or better
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 970 4GB/AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB or better
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • HDD: 55 GB free
The retail release of Doom will come with “a single disc,” and like Fallout 4 will require a fairly hefty 45GB download from Steam. Links to officially supported AMD and Nvidia video drivers will be provided next week. Which is also when preloading will begin, specifically at 12 am ET on May 11. The actual “launch unlock and server launch” will take place at the following geographically-dependent times:
  • Australia/New Zealand @ 12 am AEST
  • North America @ 12 am ET
  • Europe @ 12 am GMT +1
  • Japan/South Korea/Rest of Asia – 12 am Japan

The Guy playing the Game has some pretty good skillz my brother used to play like that.

I'll wait out a bit and wait for any report on performance issues or game breaking bugs. I can't stand broken first day release titles. *cough* rage.

if the game wasn't $60 I'd be more inclined to pick it up and play it for the single player...either way Uncharted 4 is releasing the same day so that makes it easier to pass on this as well...depending on reviews I'll probably pick it up down the road for cheap

Will be picking up on release day for the single player and because its from ID software. All we need now is for Carmack to come back, LOL.

My baby boy is due in 8 weeks. I need to buy every game I can before then since I won't be buying any for awhile after he's born, lol.

Doom and Uncharted on same day? Yes, please.

Has anyone gotten their key yet? I ordered mine last night and have yet to see it.

Not yet. I thought I did, because GMG sent me a key last week. However, it ended up being a bonus Doom 3 key for buying Doom. They didn't label it as such, I only found out when I went to enter it on Steam, and it said "game already exists in library..."

Not yet. I thought I did, because GMG sent me a key last week. However, it ended up being a bonus Doom 3 key for buying Doom. They didn't label it as such, I only found out when I went to enter it on Steam, and it said "game already exists in library..."
Gotta love them giving away games people in all likelihood already own for free.

so since I haven't seen any official reviews yet I'm assuming the review embargo only lifts after the game is released...definitely raises some red flags

Unless the SP ends up being way shorter than previously stated, I think we've seen enough gameplay from that to verify that it should be fun.

And we had the MP beta which IMO was utter shit but at least you know ahead of time what it's like.

Gotta love them giving away games people in all likelihood already own for free.

Yeah, it's kinda silly. However, in this case, I'll just activate it in my daughter's steam account. Then I can get some 3-4 player games going in the house sometime. (my son and I already had it)

so since I haven't seen any official reviews yet I'm assuming the review embargo only lifts after the game is released...definitely raises some red flags
Name a game released in the past 12 months on PC that has not had a Day 0 embargo.

Everyone amazed by 200fps.. this is [H].

I'm looking at the minimum frames which went down into the mid-low 110s...

People were extrapolating that to 4k, which if my overnighter fixing a virus PC math works out, puts it under 60fps in dips... feel free to correct me because I'm probably wrong.

So we complain about preorder, but we also complain about day 0 embargos. We complain about a lot of shit.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
So we complain about preorder, but we also complain about day 0 embargos. We complain about a lot of shit.

Yes... There is a ton of complaining. Not only that, but a lot of self-contradictory complaining. I'm not going to complain about that though, because I think I've done it too here or there. :p I'm of the opinion that people should just do whatever they want, and let others do the same. I preordered the living fuck out of this game.

It's funny watching all (well most anyway) of the earlier hate on this game dissolve, and quietly turn into excitement. :D

It's funny watching all (well most anyway) of the earlier hate on this game dissolve, and quietly turn into excitement. :D

the level of excitement for a new Doom game should be off the charts but it's not at all...most people seem to be down on it based on the gameplay footage, demos etc...sad that Doom has devolved to the point where it's just another game...I'm predicting scores to range in the 7-8 range

I hope it's good but also hope nobody pre-orders shit until a dozen or so solid reviews come out... don't be part of the problem and expect any respect around these parts...

as for the excitement level... it's merely healthy skepticism due to repeating disappointments... even more reason not to pre-order and wait for reviews

MP still seems to suck across the board, but that's almost a separate thing and Snapmap Mods may help that recover after a bit of time...

the level of excitement for a new Doom game should be off the charts but it's not at all...most people seem to be down on it based on the gameplay footage, demos etc...sad that Doom has devolved to the point where it's just another game...I'm predicting scores to range in the 7-8 range

Hmm, I'm seeing a very different picture of it than you are.

I preo-ordered it because I don't give a fuck. If it receives a 2/10 in reviews and I still enjoy playing it, what does it matter to anyone else?

If it gets 2/10 in the reviews and you hate it, congradulations: you've just given the developers 69.99 more reasons to pull the same shit for their next game.

Everyone amazed by 200fps.. this is [H].

I'm looking at the minimum frames which went down into the mid-low 110s...

People were extrapolating that to 4k, which if my overnighter fixing a virus PC math works out, puts it under 60fps in dips... feel free to correct me because I'm probably wrong.

I'd say you can't extrapolate it because at that high of a FPS your whole system comes into play. Much more likely to have CPU bottlenecks here and there. 4k is 4x the pixels so it'd be 110/4 = 27. So that's probably about right, could be slightly higher. 1080p to 4k isn't the easiest thing to gauge.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Please don't say "we". I never complain about anything when it comes to video games. If I don't like a game, I move on. I don't sit there and nitpick every little thing I hate about it.

But yes, this forum is full of "nitpickers".

I'd say you can't extrapolate it because at that high of a FPS your whole system comes into play. Much more likely to have CPU bottlenecks here and there. 4k is 4x the pixels so it'd be 110/4 = 27. So that's probably about right, could be slightly higher. 1080p to 4k isn't the easiest thing to gauge.

Excellent point about the subsystems, completely forgot about that.

So it's looking for doom44k, mGPU is required still.. gaddangit. I really want to max it out on 4K and this is busting my balls. All good.. it's still staying true to the older versions. I remember OCing the living crap out of my then top of the range system, to attempt Ultra on Doom3 and it just, just could not do it smoothly, I remember seeing how glorious the textures looked at low FPS though..

Good news really. We need a game to push GPUs and Drivers further.

I really want to like this game, but for some reason, even after watching those gameplay video's, I'm still not entirely convinced. It feels a bit too bright and colorful. Doom 3 was too dark and had its shortcomings (Although I really enjoyed it) but it did make excellent use of shadows. Doom 4 doesn't seem to do that at all.

One thing I do like is that Doom 4 seems to have a larger part of the campaign taking place in hell. The hell levels in Doom 3 and Resurrection of Evil were easily the highlights of the game but ended up only being a small part of the campaign. We all know how military bases look like, but you can really let your imagination run wild when designing levels in hell.

Exactly, Doom is a pure classic. But this is a new generation. The generation of COD unfortunately.

If it gets 2/10 in the reviews and you hate it, congradulations: you've just given the developers 69.99 more reasons to pull the same shit for their next game.

This is only true if you're an idiot, have done zero research, have no idea what you're getting into.

In this case, it's Doom, it looks fucking incredible, I've never not enjoyed an id game (even the ones other people whine about) and they fucking deserve my money. There is absolutely no way they're going to blow this, at least where I'm concerned. So, mission accomplished for me.

If I had never played an id game, had no idea what their track record was, didn't enjoy the genre, that would be completely different, and I'd in fact, agree with you. This is not that game. I'll be picking up Deus Ex a bit early too in order to get an introductory discount as well. (for the record, I paid $45 for my Doom key, not $60, and I still feel id is going to deserve all 60.)

Exactly, Doom is a pure classic. But this is a new generation. The generation of COD unfortunately.

Have you guys watched ANY of the single player footage? It looks exactly NOTHING like CoD or any other shooter of that type. It's a spot-on id game 100%. I can't roll my eyes hard enough at people that don't get this.

The MP? Yeah, that's evolved to match current MP standards, but IMO it actually adds MORE options. This isn't Quake, it's Doom. Doom never had arena style MP, or complex modes. It was deathmatch with small player counts.

Look at the video posted just a bit higher on this page, and tell me that doesn't look like a good Doom game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you guys watched ANY of the single player footage? It looks exactly NOTHING like CoD or any other shooter of that type. It's a spot-on id game 100%. I can't roll my eyes hard enough at people that don't get this.

The MP? Yeah, that's evolved to match current MP standards, but IMO it actually adds MORE options. This isn't Quake, it's Doom. Doom never had arena style MP, or complex modes. It was deathmatch with small player counts.

Look at the video posted just a bit higher on this page, and tell me that doesn't look like a good Doom game.

I understand what you're saying. I played this Doom open beta, it does feel more like the old Doom and old Id. I meant this current generation of gamers are different, they didn't mostly grow up with the Doom's, it's COD that is currently mainstream. look at the sales numbers.

Sadly the younger generation has zero clue of what the classic Doom series is, or was. Doom 1 and 2 were all time PC Gaming classics, just amazing games for their day, back in the 90's. And played on a PC, the only way to play a first person shooter, you don't play a shooter on console :rolleyes: consoles are only good for Super Mario Bro's type games only. So yeah, the kids today don't really know or appreciate Doom.

Plus it's a different time, back when Doom 1 & 2 were released, the shooter genre was still new and exciting and growing, today 20+ years later, it feels a bit stale and "been there, done that" feel now. Yeah the graphics are obviously better today, and can be played on 40" 4k monitors, with 5.1 surround sound setups, but still the overall gameplay itself of walking down a corridor and shooting monsters, really hasn't changed all that much, over the past two decades.

Back