Doom 4 E3 reveal.

You can wait for more weapon mods if you want, but if you do the challenges and stuff there are plenty of upgrade points to go around.
Ah. k. Because I don't move onto the next mission, until I reveal all secrets and challenges. I have something like 25 weapon unlock points.

Can anyone tell the difference in ultra vs nightmare? Seems very subtle
The shadows look very aliased and layered to me on the Ultra setting. Nightmare makes them look smooth. The Texture Page size on Nightmare doubles the amount of stuff it puts into VRAM and will improve overall performance if you have a video card with 6GB or more VRAM. At 2560x1440 VRAM usage on my Titan X went from around 2.5GB to about 5GB and average framerate went from around 100 FPS to 120 FPS.

I frickin' love the soundtrack, makes strolling down the grocery store bread aisle really epic

Ha! Nice! I really need to rip it out of the game files. I also really like it. It's a near perfect blend of metal and electronic.

Have you guys seen this? This is so fucking cool. The making of the Doom soundtrack with Mick Gordon.

Part 1 if interested:

Love it! His guitar composition sounds a lot like Periphery, while the electronics sound inspired by NIИ. Current favorite band + first favorite band that was my own = pure orgasmic experience :love:.

Beat the game the other night. Found all the secrets. It was kind of nice being able to explore, although I will say the suit upgrades almost made it cheating. :D

After going through the Titan's realm, I was kind of hoping the final boss would be some massive fucking Titan. However, copying the same boss from the original Doom did not disappoint.

The sequel to this needs the final boss to be a Titan named Baphomet. The entire level is the Titan with some massive Goat skull for a head just like the Icon of Sin from Doom II. It walks around trying to stomp and eat you while birthing Demons from it's asshole. You have to platform jump up the scales on it's legs as it moves slow...really slow. SpiderDemons crawl along it's back like fleas. They get sustenance from the titan to which you have to mimic somehow to refill your BFG ammo and health bar. You have to just keep fighting until you get to the head.

Beat the game the other night. Found all the secrets. It was kind of nice being able to explore, although I will say the suit upgrades almost made it cheating. :D

After going through the Titan's realm, I was kind of hoping the final boss would be some massive fucking Titan. However, copying the same boss from the original Doom did not disappoint.

The sequel to this needs the final boss to be a Titan named Baphomet. The entire level is the Titan with some massive Goat skull for a head just like the Icon of Sin from Doom II. It walks around trying to stomp and eat you while birthing Demons from it's asshole. You have to platform jump up the scales on it's legs as it moves slow...really slow. SpiderDemons crawl along it's back like fleas. They get sustenance from the titan to which you have to mimic somehow to refill your BFG ammo and health bar. You have to just keep fighting until you get to the head.

I just REALLY Hope there is a single-player DLC on the horizon...

Yeah this is my go to game after work. Multiplayer is fun too

I was expecting something similar to this, as well. After reading about Doomguy getting the suit and defeating a Titan singlehandedly I was hoping for something similar at the end of the game.
I just REALLY Hope there is a single-player DLC on the horizon...
I do, too, but the season pass only mentions multiplayer content...

Seems like Doom has always had expansions (and even the new Wolfenstein.) I know it's mostly a different era these days, but I can see them releasing a full expansion campaign like RoE, The Old Blood, etc. I bet they were holding off to see how the game went over with people, so only committed MP content to the season pass. Maybe...

Seems like Doom has always had expansions (and even the new Wolfenstein.) I know it's mostly a different era these days, but I can see them releasing a full expansion campaign like RoE, The Old Blood, etc. I bet they were holding off to see how the game went over with people, so only committed MP content to the season pass. Maybe...
I'm an optimist, so I'll buy that for a dollar.

Yeah this is my go to game after work. Multiplayer is fun too
Sort of the same here. If I can, I'll set 2h aside after work. I'll run through a level once, then go back to get all the secrets. Finding the levers takes up like 80% of my time. I'm on level seven or so.

i've beaten single player and do want to go back and do some exploration because the first 3/4 of the levels were really good for that imo, but it's MP (even though people think it's broken) where I have my most fun even when I go 2/20 K/D it's fun.

I haven't done MP yet. Planning on finishing SP first. I also don't do good with MP FPS games. I end up getting so pissed off, haha

Sounds like id is taking over MP, and is going to start improving it. Server browser among other things. This might shape up nicely.

This game makes me feel like I have been kidnapped and brought to hell. The only chance of survival is to use my long dormant FPS skills that have been untapped since the late 90's! Awesome game!

Not sure if this is the right place but what the hell. I am here to share my new solo snapmap.

Map Code : QURR6TQ6

Name: The Foundry

Description: The demons of hell have taken over the foundry, There are secrets to find, and you will need them to beat back the demons of hell.

#hard #buildlikehell

Give it a try and let me know what you think, If the interest is there then I will build more.

Thanks!

I just tried the demo last night, as far as I can tell, the entire story so far is BIG MAN, BIG DICK, PUNCH AND KILL SHIT. Whatever, just wake up naked chained to a table in the middle of shit hitting the fan, break some chains and explode something's cranium with your bare hands. Walk ten feet and find a haunted super suit.

Also there's a computer alert for DEMONIC INVASIONS because apparently hell spawn and assorted creepies swarming a space base on Mars was a foreseeable and valid concern.

Somehow I think it makes even less sense so far than the already rice paper thin plot of Doom 1, but it's pretty fun.

It's a video game. Did anyone ever play Doom for its enthralling, epic story?

Whatever, just wake up naked chained to a table in the middle of shit hitting the fan, break some chains and explode something's cranium with your bare hands. Walk ten feet and find a haunted super suit.

This is just one of many reasons why the game is glorious. It's pretty much in-your-face bad assery. Wake up, shit's getting real, now let's get to it.

It's a video game. Did anyone ever play Doom for its enthralling, epic story?

This is just one of many reasons why the game is glorious. It's pretty much in-your-face bad assery. Wake up, shit's getting real, now let's get to it.

Precisely! Plus, I actually liked the story. :D It also ties some of the other Doom games together, and fills in a little backstory (still in a thin badassitude way) but it's absolutely perfect for this game. It's a Doom game. Still puzzled when anyone doesn't understand how a game from id Software is supposed to work.

I wonder if they had demon invasion drills. Like fire drills except with more brimstone, pain, and evil

But forreal, the SP demo was pretty good given that I thought the MP beta was absolute unfun horse shit. I didn't quite expect to be waking up and smashing skulls with my sequoia tree arms within 10 seconds of the game starting.

I just wish there was co-op.

Coop would be VERY nice, and a welcome addition for me. It wouldn't quite fit the context of the story, but I'd still like it.

You'll need to get further into the game before you understand what the Demon warnings, (and other messages) are really about. There is in fact context and reasons for it all.

Also there's a computer alert for DEMONIC INVASIONS because apparently hell spawn and assorted creepies swarming a space base on Mars was a foreseeable and valid concern.

I might be mistaken but thought this took place after the first games...so the possibility of this happening was a known variable at that point?

I mean, they talk about creating the portal to Hell, and there being demons, and them siphoning the energy out of Hell...seems like they were aware of the potential risks.

As for the MP...I honestly have not even fired it up. The MP beta was enough to see that I wasn't interested.

I just tried the demo last night, as far as I can tell, the entire story so far is BIG MAN, BIG DICK, PUNCH AND KILL SHIT. Whatever, just wake up naked chained to a table in the middle of shit hitting the fan, break some chains and explode something's cranium with your bare hands. Walk ten feet and find a haunted super suit.

Somehow I think it makes even less sense so far than the already rice paper thin plot of Doom 1, but it's pretty fun.

ERROR 83

contact sys admin

I actually want to know more about the story. I bought the game but got to a point where I activated a crane (saw something drop down from the building) and stopped; I have a huge backlog and plan to buy a GTX 1080 so I'm stopping there and will pickup when I have the new GPU.

In the beginning where he awakes from the slab, I want to know what was happening there. Was he manufactured to serve a purpose? The demonic presence sensor is interesting as well, because what I've already read in the little time I've played, I'm under the impression that the people on Mars are all into this cult stuff, if you read some of the documentation, they mention becoming a part of the Mars community; it all sounded very cult-ish. GOTTA READ.

I haven't played much, but so far it's very much like older games; you have to READ documents you collect along the way to fill in the story instead of watching a bunch of damn cut scenes.

Well that was a pretty boring demo. Nothing very exciting happens. You beat the fuck out of Imps and that's pretty much it.

I liked how I even punched the upgrade robot though

Well that was a pretty boring demo. Nothing very exciting happens. You beat the fuck out of Imps and that's pretty much it.

I liked how I even punched the upgrade robot though

I always feel bad for the robot. :D

It makes perfect sense as you approach the end of the game and more is revealed to you. The pacing of the game and plot fit perfectly to the length of the game, in my opinion. You really don't get the scope of the story or get to appreciate the gameplay within the first mission that you play in the demo. I think the climax is perfectly positioned at the half way point of the game.
I might be mistaken but thought this took place after the first games...so the possibility of this happening was a known variable at that point?

I mean, they talk about creating the portal to Hell, and there being demons, and them siphoning the energy out of Hell...seems like they were aware of the potential risks.

As for the MP...I honestly have not even fired it up. The MP beta was enough to see that I wasn't interested.
I thought it took place after the first games, too, but the documents you find give a hard date on the discovery of Hell energy and the refinement of Argent energy that supersedes any of the games that took place earlier. This game is a reboot, though it does actually take quite a few cues from Tom Hall's original Doom Bible.

How far are you into the game? I would say that around the half way point is when you understand why the Hell creatures and their arrival isn't surprising to the people working on Mars, and why the computer specifically says "DEMONIC INVASION." Read some of the codex entries on the enemies and locations.

Well shit I'm a dumb ass! So I just purchased Doom on cdkeys.com. And I go to activate it on Steam. It activates just fine. But I notice this season pass thing. I'm like hmm, wtf is that must come with the game? And Doom never shows up in my librarary! So I contact cdkeys, and they tell me that was not the actual game, it was the Season Pass DLC for future additions pack coming this summer.

And they told me I already activated it on steam, so they cant refund me. So I had to buy the actual game now, another $38, This game just cost me $70. Geeezua christ, I hope this season pass DLC is worth it.

I thought it took place after the first games, too, but the documents you find give a hard date on the discovery of Hell energy and the refinement of Argent energy that supersedes any of the games that took place earlier. This game is a reboot, though it does actually take quite a few cues from Tom Hall's original Doom Bible.

How far are you into the game? I would say that around the half way point is when you understand why the Hell creatures and their arrival isn't surprising to the people working on Mars, and why the computer specifically says "DEMONIC INVASION." Read some of the codex entries on the enemies and locations.

I finished the game but I didn't really read much of the codex stuff.

Well shit I'm a dumb ass! So I just purchased Doom on cdkeys.com. And I go to activate it on Steam. It activates just fine. But I notice this season pass thing. I'm like hmm, wtf is that must come with the game? And Doom never shows up in my librarary! So I contact cdkeys, and they tell me that was not the actual game, it was the Season Pass DLC for future additions pack coming this summer.

And they told me I already activated it on steam, so they cant refund me. So I had to buy the actual game now, another $38, This game just cost me $70. Geeezua christ, I hope this season pass DLC is worth it.

Wait, so you purchased Doom from cdkeys.com (NOT the season pass from their site, right?) and they gave you the wrong key? Was there any way to tell the key was for the Season Pass before activating?

If so, I would say that's their fuckup and they should have given you the Doom key for free.

Wait, so you purchased Doom from cdkeys.com (NOT the season pass from their site, right?) and they gave you the wrong key? Was there any way to tell the key was for the Season Pass before activating?

If so, I would say that's their fuckup and they should have given you the Doom key for free.

No it was my mistake. I didn't even notice where it said season pass when I bought it. Then I looked again, and sure enough they had the PC+DLC package. And I got that one. Everything is activated and installed now.

Ah, gotcha. Bummer...Season Pass looks like mostly MP maps and stuff, but maybe we'll see some SP content.

Ya by the time I finish the single player campaign, hopefully they come out with some new updated multiplayer, since ID is taking back control from issues with it. At my pace it will be at least a month. LOL

Back