• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

DLSS 5 - Generative AI

High Res Texture Pack + DLSS5. I remain unconvinced especially with the high power draw. the power draw is over 125+ Watts higher !!!!!!! kram182 it doesn't seem much better to me and not worth over 125+ Watts more power draw pegged. at all.

1790373674611.png


1790373692047.png
 
High Res Texture Pack + DLSS5. I remain unconvinced especially with the high power draw. the power draw is over 125+ Watts higher !!!!!!! kram182 it doesn't seem much better to me and not worth over 125+ Watts more power draw pegged. at all.

View attachment 827920

View attachment 827921

HardwareUnboxed found the same thing, DLSS5 in NBA is simply unimpressive, texture pack or not. Not sure why Nvidia chose that as the debut title for it :ROFLMAO:
 
HardwareUnboxed found the same thing, DLSS5 in NBA is simply unimpressive, texture pack or not. Not sure why Nvidia chose that as the debut title for it :ROFLMAO:

Hardware Unboxed also said he'd rather play the game with DLSS 5 on versus off overall and thinks it makes it look better overall (timestamped to where he says it in final thoughts)


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxvuvZI6Vjg&t=1726s

625+ Watts pegged vs 500?

the difference isn't an improvement that i can see

Hard for any of us here to say as you didn't give A/B on/off screenshots to compare
 
Hardware unboxed also said he's rather play the game with DLSS 5 on versus off overall and thinks it makes it look better overall (timestamped to where he says it in final thoughts)


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxvuvZI6Vjg&t=1726s



Hard for any of us here to say as you didn't give A/B on/off screenshots to compare

i think he doesn't know about the high res texture pack...

it's not popping up OOTB .... that's my point

the comparison is seemingly rigged or something is amiss.. somehow i triggered it download after i reset my settings and disabled DLSS entirely...
 
i think he doesn't know about the high res texture pack...

it's not popping up OOTB .... that's my point

the comparison is seemingly rigged or something is amiss.. somehow i triggered it download after i reset my settings and disabled DLSS entirely...

Again I showed you people had the texture pack even before you did - you seem to think you're the only one to have/discover it or something - send them (HWUB) an email ask if they had the texture pack
 
Again I showed you people had the texture pack even before you did - you seem to think you're the only one to have/discover it or something - send them (HWUB) an email ask if they had the texture pack
i still don't care, i seen this video before and it's not a transformative uplift in visual fidelity

and it's not worth the massive power draw at all. i'm having a great time with the texture pack regardless of when anyone else downloaded it.

the power draw is the biggest red flag for me, and i already had one card die. i'm done experimenting and don't want to go through another RMA

1790374529215.png
 
Hardware Unboxed also said he'd rather play the game with DLSS 5 on versus off overall and thinks it makes it look better overall (timestamped to where he says it in final thoughts)


View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxvuvZI6Vjg&t=1726s



Hard for any of us here to say as you didn't give A/B on/off screenshots to compare


In the same video not even a minute later he literally says it is not quite transformative enough in NBA. I still think Nvidia could have chosen a better game to showcase DLSS5 where the difference is much greater, but if no other game was ready for release then I guess they had no choice but go with what was ready for launch.
 
In the same video not even a minute later he literally says it is not quite transformative enough in NBA. I still think Nvidia could have chosen a better game to showcase DLSS5 where the difference is much greater, but if no other game was ready for release then I guess they had no choice but go with what was ready for launch.
haha yep, i don't think it's transformative for sure

why is everyone ignoring the insane power draw too ???

pegging 625+ watts....

yeah i'm happier with just the high resolution texture pack to be honest, i got spooked at that power draw and exited the game under DLSS 5.. not wanting another meltdown
 
haha yep, i don't think it's transformative for sure

why is everyone ignoring the insane power draw too ???

pegging 625+ watts....

yeah i'm happier with just the high resolution texture pack to be honest, i got spooked at that power draw and exited the game under DLSS 5.. not wanting another meltdown

My card was maxed at 575 watts at 4K, at 1440p it is hovering around 500-525W and GPU core temps are 77C with default fan profile. I would suggest an undervolt if you're playing at 4K.
 
In the same video not even a minute later he literally says it is not quite transformative enough in NBA. I still think Nvidia could have chosen a better game to showcase DLSS5 where the difference is much greater, but if no other game was ready for release then I guess they had no choice but go with what was ready for launch.

It's akin to comparing ambient occlusion medium/high etc (or take your pick of settings) - you're gonna want to be able to play with it on/max if you can and it's there, and especially if you can notice a/the difference/improvement as he said he can - but depending on how much of a difference you can notice from high to medium you might drop from high to medium or on to off depending on performance/power draw etc etc - that's what the video/he gets at - 'play with it on if you can - but it's not worth dropping other settings for that one setting to stay on/max/etc'
 
My card was maxed at 575 watts at 4K, at 1440p it is hovering around 500-525W and GPU core temps are 77C with default fan profile. I would suggest an undervolt if you're playing at 4K.
here's mine, but clearly it's gone over to 625 Watts somehow. i run totally stock too


GPU Device Id: 0x10DE 0x2B85PG145 SKU 30 VGA BIOS MSINV530MH.161Copyright (C) 1996-2024 NVIDIA Corp.GPU BoardConnectors 1x HDMI 3x DisplayPortBoard power limit Target: 575.0 W Limit: 600.0 W Adj. Range: -30%, +4%Thermal Limits Target: 90.0°C, 90.0°C, 90.0°C Max: 105.0°C, 105.0°C, 105.0°C

1790376047316.png

1790376054950.png
 
So then show us what DLSS 5 looks like with the texture pack because as you say you're comparing a handicapped (without texture pack) DLSS5 to an intended (with texture pack) DLSS5



Why would they do that if it will presumably look even better WITH the texture pack - aside from the fact that game bugs/mess ups, like a missing texture pack(s) do exist in and of themselves: https://www.shacknews.com/article/7...why-swtors-hi-res-textures-vanished-at-launch
Presumably to get early reviews out about how improved the DLSS5 look is before the high resolution pack gets less of a jump in visuals after DLSS5.
 
here's mine, but clearly it's gone over to 625 Watts somehow. i run totally stock too


GPU Device Id: 0x10DE 0x2B85PG145 SKU 30 VGA BIOS MSINV530MH.161Copyright (C) 1996-2024 NVIDIA Corp.GPU BoardConnectors 1x HDMI 3x DisplayPortBoard power limit Target: 575.0 W Limit: 600.0 W Adj. Range: -30%, +4%Thermal Limits Target: 90.0°C, 90.0°C, 90.0°C Max: 105.0°C, 105.0°C, 105.0°C

View attachment 827936
View attachment 827937

You do have an adjustable limit of +4% which would be 624 watts, maybe it's currently running at 104% power instead of 100% power so you might want to double check. But again, it's probably best to do an undervolt if power consumption is a big concern.
 
You do have an adjustable limit of +4% which would be 624 watts, maybe it's currently running at 104% power instead of 100% power so you might want to double check. But again, it's probably best to do an undervolt if power consumption is a big concern.
it's only 100% currently, not 104.3%

1790377805094.png
 
???

that link has nothing to do with DLSS 5 or the launch title NBA 2K27

You're...... you're joking right? You're really not this daft?

It shows games have launched with missing high res texture packs before - thus this is probably not some 'grand conspiracy' and more just a mistake as that was - or do you think that was a conspiracy then as well?
 
You're...... you're joking right? You're really not this daft?

It shows games have launched with missing high res texture packs before - thus this is probably not some 'grand conspiracy' and more just a mistake as that was - or do you think that was a conspiracy then as well?
i’ll just assume that you assume i’m more than that daft and worse

but that’s okay. i don’t even think you’ve used this technology first hand

in the end the conclusion has been made, the effect is not transformative in the official first title promoting dlss5

and i’ll re-emphasize the insane power draw once again
 
i’ll just assume that you assume i’m more than that daft and worse

but that’s okay. i don’t even think you’ve used this technology first hand

in the end the conclusion has been made, the effect is not transformative in the official first title promoting dlss5

and i’ll re-emphasize the insane power draw once again

I just assume you're disingenuously and ideologically against it no matter what - as you've shown before it was ever released - but still regardless your review isn't gonna stop it, as said to you before it was ever released as well - you don't need to like it for it to still be a thing/exist - and not only are technologies you personally approve of allowed to be things/exist - just turn it off 👻😱🦇while you still can🦇😱👻

Destiny.gif
 
I just assume you're disingenuously and ideologically against it no matter what - as you've shown before it was ever released - but still regardless your review isn't gonna stop it, as said to you before it was ever released as well - you don't need to like it for it to still be a thing/exist - and not only are technologies you personally approve of allowed to be things/exist - just turn it off 👻😱🦇while you still can🦇😱👻

View attachment 827944
you don’t see a problem with the power draw?

how is that disingenuously against it when it fried my first card and when i gave it a good faith effort again it pulls even more than i anticipated to the point of me alt-f4’ing to avert another meltdown? 625+ watts is the highest i recall it ever reaching and that’s totally unacceptable

i shouldn’t have to mod my card to protect it. i just want to plug and play


yea i don’t like what i see at all and ive used it first hand multiple times
 
you don’t see a problem with the power draw?

how is that disingenuously against it when it fried my first card and when i gave it a good faith effort again it pulls even more than i anticipated to the point of me alt-f4’ing write another meltdown?


yea i don’t like what i see at all and ive used it first hand multiple times

You were against it before you even tried it - that's all here and documented in this and various/other threads

Yeah I see the power draw is high - so turn it off if that bothers you - plenty of others as demonstrated all over are using it without it frying their cards otherwise we'd be drowning in reports of that just as much as we have 'game with DLSS5 injected' videos all over the place - as more and more cards/architectures/SW improvements come out that are more and more powerful and more and more efficient the (maybe even just equivalent?) power draw will be less and less - again you seem to think 'this is the best it will ever be' - genuinely or disingenuously - which is never really the case, especially with technology

So for you - just turn it off for now 👻😱🦇while you still can🦇😱👻

Destiny.gif
 
You were against it before you even tried it - that's all here documented in various/other threads

Yeah I see the power draw is high - so turn it off if that bothers you - plenty of others as demonstrated all over are using it without it frying their cards otherwise we'd be drowning in reports of that just as much as we have 'game with DLSS5 injected' videos all over the place - as more and more cards/architectures/SW improvements come out that are more and more powerful and more and more efficient the (maybe even just equivalent?) power draw will be less and less - again you seem to think 'this is the best it will ever be' - genuinely or disingenuously - which is never really the case, especially with technology

So for you - just turn it off for now 👻😱🦇while you still can🦇😱👻

View attachment 827947
it’s a subjective opinion

i’m not the only person who doesn’t like the look

what’s the issue ? i and other people don’t like it and it’s already disabled for me
 
it’s a subjective opinion

i’m not the only person who doesn’t like the look

what’s the issue ? i and other people don’t like it and it’s already disabled for me

So then why the need to keep complaining about it if it's turned off and not bothering you anymore? What do you think you'll accomplish?
 
So then why the need to keep complaining about it if it's turned off and not bothering you anymore? What do you think you'll accomplish?
because i noticed there isn’t a remarkable difference between the high resolution texture pack and my previous experience with dlss5 in terms of image quality

but the power draw is outrageous

i humored and or entertained your side by re-enabling dlss5 with the high texture pack and was greeted with a very alarming and unpleasant surprise on the power draw

all while still yet again being unimpressive
 
because i noticed there isn’t a remarkable difference between the high resolution texture pack and my previous experience with dlss5 in terms of image quality

but the power draw is outrageous

i humored and or entertained your side by re-enabling dlss5 with the high texture pack and was greeted with a very alarming and unpleasant surprise on the power draw

all while still yet again being unimpressive

You never did give us a side by side you gave us 2 completely different images of different players/angles/shots/etc - hard to compare apples and oranges - but that's not an ask or invitation to do so, mind you - so regardless, noted, you don't like it, for the 1,500th time - so keep it off.

And thus you'll never have anything additional to add ever again, as you'll never use it ever again. The end. Now you can get back to spamming news articles without being distracted and angered by DLSS5 - because why would you do that to yourself, right? 😁👍
 
You never did give us a side by side you gave us 2 completely different images of different players/angles/shots/etc - hard to compare apples and oranges - but that's not an ask or invitation to do so, mind you - so regardless, noted, you don't like it, for the 1,500th time - so keep it off.

And thus you'll never have anything additional to add ever again, as you'll never use it ever again. The end. Now you can get back to spamming news articles without being distracted and angered by DLSS5 - because why would you do that to yourself, right? 😁👍
i don't know how to enable or disable dlss5 in game like that

i assume people are using mods, but i'm using the official implementation so it's hard to exact 1:1

are you and GoldenTiger even using DLSS 5?
 
i don't know how to enable or disable dlss5 in game like that

i assume people are using mods, but i'm using the official implementation so it's hard to exact 1:1

are you and GoldenTiger even using DLSS 5?

No, because I don't want to bother installing mods/various SW/etc I don't really want or need - I'll just wait for it to come to one of my existing games or a new one I get

Now before you respond with the obvious crap you already have before and will try to again, I'll preempt it - one does not need to punch themselves in the balls to know it will hurt - just as 'trying DLSS5' is some some barrier to pointing out the things I'm pointing out to you
 
No, because I don't want to bother installing mods/various SW/etc I don't really want or need - I'll just wait for it to come to one of my existing games or a new one I get

Now before you respond with the obvious crap you already have before and will try to again, I'll preempt it - one does not need to punch themselves in the balls to know it will hurt - just as 'trying DLSS5' is some some barrier to pointing out the things I'm pointing out to you
i think you need to enable DLSS 5 and then maybe that opinion will matter more

until then, it doesn't regardless of your failed "preemption"

not sure why you're such a big supporter of it anyhow, others in the chat even quoted about what hardware unboxed said but seems you're glossing over that
 
i think you need to enable DLSS 5 and then maybe that opinion will matter more

until then, it doesn't regardless of your failed "preemption"

not sure why you're such a big supporter of it anyhow, others in the chat even quoted about what hardware unboxed said but seems you're glossing over that

You opinion needs to matter to me first before I care about your valuation of mine, etc - I'll let you know if/when that ever happens, I promise ✋

Why does it matter to you if I'm a supporter of it or not, especially if as you said - you tried it, you're not gonna use it. Why would you care one way or the other if others/anyone liked it?

I replied to what the other guy said about HWUB - scroll up and read.
 
in the end the conclusion has been made, the effect is not transformative in the official first title promoting dlss5

Sure, but have you tried other games with DLSS5? Or are you waiting for more official implementations before you try it out? You say DLSS5 is not transformative in the first official title that it's in, and you're probably right, but that doesn't mean that DLSS5 isn't transformative at all. You need a bigger sample size than 1 to really be able to conclude whether or not it makes a big difference. So far, I've done full playthroughs of 3 games with DLSS5 which are MGS4 PC version, Stalker 2 Cost of Hope, and Blood of Dawnwalker. Yeah it's not a very big list but I sank dozens of hours across these 3 games, it wasn't like I only played each one for 30 mins and called it. I would say it is absolutely transformative for those games and I wouldn't want to play without them. Currently doing a NG+ run of Shadow of the Tomb Raider with DLSS5 and it also makes a big leap in image quality for that game and I'm going to try out Control Resonant this weekend with DLSS5. I am using RenoDX mod to get them working in all my games so if you would prefer to wait for more official implementations rather than use mods then go ahead and wait, your opinion may change once you see other games running with DLSS5 that can showcase it better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: erek
like this
You opinion needs to matter to me first before I care about your valuation of mine, etc - I'll let you know if/when that ever happens, I promise ✋

Why does it matter to you if I'm a supporter of it or not, especially if as you said - you tried it, you're not gonna use it. Why would you care one way or the other if others/anyone liked it?

I replied to what the other guy said about HWUB - scroll up and read.
i think you're too scared to enable it due to the possible performance shock on that 5070

not even talking about the power draw, but the performance loss is huge too on my 5090.

the "I don't want to bother installing mods/various SW/etc I don't really want or need" is just an excuse to cover up what you probably already know will be a hard hit on the performance / fps
 
i think you're too scared to enable it due to the possible performance shock on that 5070

not even talking about the power draw, but the performance loss is huge too on my 5090.

the "I don't want to bother installing mods/various SW/etc I don't really want or need" is just an excuse to cover up what you probably already know will be a hard hit on the performance / fps

Yeah I'm shaking in my boots, pissing my pants at the thought I might hear my GPU fans spin up - framerate might drop to single digits like when watching 3DMark back in the day - I don't think I could survive that - I'd rather face and fight the monster under my bed or peg my CPU at 100% for 12 hours like when I do a 4K encode 😰😱

Again - I can already see in reviews and videos the performance hit - I don't think they're lying - one does not need to punch themselves in the balls to know it will hurt - do you?

I don't like chromatic aberration - I turn it off in games. You don't see me going on some crusade against it everywhere. I just turn it off.

You're not gonna stop it. That's what this is all about, and we all know it, but you won't. It's already here 😰😱
 
Last edited:
Yeah I'm shaking in my boots, pissing my pants at the thought I might hear my GPU fans spin up - framerate might drop to single digits like when watching 3DMark back in the day - I don't think I could survive that - I'd rather face and fight the monster under my bed or peg my CPU at 100% for 12 hours like when I do a 4K encode 😰😱

Again - I can already see in reviews and videos the performance hit - I don't think they're lying - one does not need to punch themselves in the balls to know it will hurt - do you?

You're not gonna stop it. That's what this is all about, and we all know it, but you won't. It's already here 😰😱
you can't use this excuse, "I don't want to bother installing mods/various SW/etc I don't really want or need"

so why don't you enable it then if you're not concerned about the performance penalty and power draw?

doesn't seem like anything is stopping you from enabling it
 
you can't use this excuse, "I don't want to bother installing mods/various SW/etc I don't really want or need"

so why don't you enable it then if you're not concerned about the performance penalty and power draw?

doesn't seem like anything is stopping you from enabling it

I already told you - I don't care enough to want to install SW I don't really want or need - just to try something in an unofficial capacity that won't even look right as it's intended to be used/look - when I will just eventually try it anyway 'correctly' when it gets officially patched into one of my existing games (like RE: Requiem I'm thinking) or in some new game I'll eventually buy.

If you don't like that - I don't care 🤷‍♂️ suck on it and not like it lol

(The truth is I'm terrified - don't tell anyone - my GPU might blow up and kill me and then it'll come for you too and no one will be able to stop it - I don't want that😱)
 
Back
Top