Dishonored

I gave this game my best shot. Even after 11 hours logged on Steam, I never felt like I really got hooked on this game. I was going for a stealth play-through. I bet a guns blazing approach would be more fun. I'll give that a try maybe after I finish Serious Sam 3.

I've never really gotten the thrill of not killing anyone or being detected in games like this. To me it seems like a LOT of waiting around, quick save/load, and never really getting to use all of the fun tools at your disposal. Seems very tedious with the only reward being bragging rights at the end.
The game has a lot of fun stealth and fighting mechanics that can both be used pretty well. Sneak when it makes sense, shoot the place up or slice everyone to bits when it makes sense.

I gave this game my best shot. Even after 11 hours logged on Steam, I never felt like I really got hooked on this game. I was going for a stealth play-through. I bet a guns blazing approach would be more fun. I'll give that a try maybe after I finish Serious Sam 3.

I found that a lot of the more fun abilities were the combat based ones. Although summoning a bunch of rats to devour a body is always entertaining.

I've never really gotten the thrill of not killing anyone or being detected in games like this. To me it seems like a LOT of waiting around, quick save/load, and never really getting to use all of the fun tools at your disposal. Seems very tedious with the only reward being bragging rights at the end.
The game has a lot of fun stealth and fighting mechanics that can both be used pretty well. Sneak when it makes sense, shoot the place up or slice everyone to bits when it makes sense.

This video pretty much says it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_vW55TsANA

I bought this game a while back on a Steam sale and never played it but a minute and stopped because I wasn't too impressed, but after diving into it this time I can say I am fully hooked. The possibilities are so cool in this game. Blinking around the city, jumping, running, sliding, the assassinations... made me think of a bad-ass first person Assassin's Creed only better.

I gotta say I am fully impressed with this game and actually look forward to playing it when I get home which hasn't happened in a long time.

I put 11 hours into this game. Didn't enjoy it too much, I kept feeling like I was being forced to play it a certain way (stealthy). I watched some gameplay videos that looked so much more fun playing rambo-style.

I put 11 hours into this game. Didn't enjoy it too much, I kept feeling like I was being forced to play it a certain way (stealthy). I watched some gameplay videos that looked so much more fun playing rambo-style.

Either way works for me. Really enjoying the stealthiness in it. I'm about 4 hours in. I think the second time I go through it i'll go more guns blazing.

You have way to many tools in this game not to use them. Stealth is good for some levels, but it's a drag for some, too.
I usually started off picking enemies off stealthily, but once I got discovered I'd turn the level into a bloodbath.

This game is awesome I recommend playing it with a controller though.....Graphics are awesome!! I have all the DLC which I haven't finished the core game..

Ah, this old game.
Never did finish that stealth play through I was doing after I beat it. It just got.... boring. This game was made to kill, going stealth you miss all the cool stuff the game offers.
Bought the DLC and never got around to playing it either....

I beat this game 3 times:

1st play through, normal mix of stealth and killing.
2nd play through, complete stealth and no killing.
3rd play through, complete psychopath killing everybody

I liked this game a lot more than I anticipated.

This game is amazing, I loved the different moral decisions that could be made and the clever ways that they were set up.

I couldn't get through the DLC though as it started to feel repetitive and too easy.

I wish that they made the game a bit more difficult and expanded on the world when you're not out doing missions sort of what they did with Thief 3 and Assassins Creed.

This game is amazing, I loved the different moral decisions that could be made and the clever ways that they were set up.

I couldn't get through the DLC though as it started to feel repetitive and too easy.

I wish that they made the game a bit more difficult and expanded on the world when you're not out doing missions sort of what they did with Thief 3 and Assassins Creed.

I enjoyed all of it a lot. I like your suggestions.

I look forward to a second game. :)

What's amazing for thsi game are teh speed runs. I don't like the glitches they abuse sometimes... the clipping is meh, but it's amazing they can beat the entire game in 35 minutes.... I took 9 fucking hours. And that's when I know how to get through a good bit of it.

This game is awesome I recommend playing it with a controller though.....Graphics are awesome!! I have all the DLC which I haven't finished the core game..

I'm going to disagree - like most (if not all!) FPS, you want the mouse control on this game.

And get the DLC - you play a pretty short (but satisfying) campaign as one of the antagonists of the main game, the assassin Daud (with slightly different powers).

Really thinking about adding this game to my queue...decisions!

You won't regret it.

It's a very good game that looks great even compared to today's games. There are some flaws and quirks, but it is worth a "don't stress out over your choices" play-through. If you decide you like it (and the game mechanics) then I suggest going the ultra-stealth or ultra-death routes.

And last, check out the fixes on PCGamingWiki - they're all modifications to the ini files and provide a lot of quick fixes
- there was a weird limitation on the number of unconscious bodies lying around where after five they would start disappearing
- the default controls map the "run" action to holding down Shift on the keyboard, you can rewrite a line in the ini to map it to a toggle
- easy graphical fixes to increase shadow maps, texture quality, etc.

I've contributed to that page and can also point out what settings to use in Nvidia Inspector to tweak the graphics even further.

Granted, it's personal opinion, but I don't think playing with KB/M offers any real advantage in this game. There's no twitch aiming needed, functions are streamlined, and there's no multiplayer element, so I think a controller is on even terms. Play with whichever you prefer.

Back