Dishonored 2

Mild story spoilers, just a heads up.

Corvo Gameplay:

Not at all sure about the new Outsider VO, but time will tell. Excited for the game.

Recent interview with Harvey Smith:

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
So can you choose which one of the two characters you plays as?

Yes. The idea was to make for much greater replayablility. For instance doing a lethal and non-lethal with Corvo, then a lethal and non-lethal with Emily. Once you've chosen a character however, you will use them for the rest of that game, there is no switching back and forth within a single playthrough.

Some familiar footage in here, but now showing almost the whole mission it was initially pulled from:

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
A new Dishonored 2 video takes a look at the game’s setting of Karnaca...the development team sat down to talk through the inspiration behind Karnaca, the new setting for Dishonored 2...they talk about the history of the city, the people, how it relates to Dishonored 1 and more...

Some familiar footage in here, but now showing almost the whole mission it was initially pulled from:

They really didn't crank up the textures looks like the 1st game but if it works why not. I hope they have some maps with outside effects like the Home Base Hub with the boat in the 1st game.

I think they actually increased detail levels quite a bit. Definitely not night and day, but there is quite a bit more fine detail on this one, where many of the textures of the original looked a little "PhotoShop - Airbrush/Smudge" painted. It also looks like it has a decent bit more geometry, and some of the effects look a bit better. Once again, nothing revolutionary, but IMO it does look quite a bit better.

They really didn't crank up the textures looks like the 1st game but if it works why not. I hope they have some maps with outside effects like the Home Base Hub with the boat in the 1st game.

I was unable to find a decent comparison video, but I agree with J3RK, there are definitely improvements when watching gameplay footage back to back. I'm currently replaying the original on PC (max settings @ 4k) to warm up for #2. Watching footage for D2 after these playthroughs has highlighted the improvements nicely. The game's art style is not a hyper realistic one, but an artsy take on a fictional world. Even so you can tell the textures and models are both higher resolution / polygon. Do I think the game could look better? Sure, but if it's any where near as good as the first game I'm not going to care in the slightest. (y)

Also, I feel the same way about outdoor settings; all the indoor footage has looked awesome, but left me hungry for more open spaces. Fortunately our new Hub of operations will be on a ship, so there should still be plenty of vistas and outside places to explore.

I enjoyed the first one ok, this is the type of game I'm more comfortable buying for around $30.

I was really close to preordering this, but after Beyond Earth, I am well Beyond preordering anything.

I'm really looking forward to it though.

Live gameplay walkthrough broadcasted on Twitch last night, if you missed it. There was actually some thoughtful commentary throughout, but I eventually got bored because of how slow the game was being played.

Live gameplay walkthrough broadcasted on Twitch last night, if you missed it. There was actually some thoughtful commentary throughout, but I eventually got bored because of how slow the game was being played.

The atmosphere looks like Bioshock that retro Steampunk type of thing going on the 1st game was kinda like that also.

If you missed the Livestream, here is the Hour long session. Like Armenius noted, there is some excellent commentary by Harvey Smith.

**SPOILERS** This footage covers an entire mission, so there are mild story spoilers. Just as important for some people, the first video has a reveal for one of the hidden side activities the level designers put into the game.

--

Royal Conservatory Gameplay with Emily (same mission as above, but different path and approach):

Dishonored 2 PC system requirements

Minimum:

• Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit versions); Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
  • 8 GB RAM; 60 GB free HDD space; NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB or better
  • Contains a single disc. Download of additional files from Steam is required to run the game.
  • Requires Steam activation.
Recommended:
  • Windows 10 (64-bit versions); Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-8350 or better
  • 16 GB RAM; 60 GB free HDD space; NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB or better
  • Contains a single disc. Download of additional files from Steam is required to run the game.
PC Drivers
  • NVIDIA: 375.70
  • AMD: 16.10.2
Hardware NVidia Specifics
  • HBAO+
  • TXAA
  • Surround technology
  • Ansel
https://bethesda.net/en/article/4ni...ishonored-2-gone-gold-and-system-requirements

Dishonored 2 PC system requirements

Minimum:

• Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit versions); Intel Core i5-2400/AMD FX-8320 or better
  • 8 GB RAM; 60 GB free HDD space; NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB or better
Recommended:
  • Windows 10 (64-bit versions); Intel Core i7-4770/AMD FX-8350 or better
  • 16 GB RAM; 60 GB free HDD space; NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB/AMD Radeon RX 480 8GB or better
PC Drivers
  • NVIDIA: 375.70
  • AMD: 16.10.2
Hardware NVidia Specifics
  • HBAO+
  • TXAA
  • Surround technology
  • Ansel
https://bethesda.net/en/article/4ni...ishonored-2-gone-gold-and-system-requirements
No VXAO? That's a shame. Would have looked really great in this game.

I loved everything about Dishonored: the atmosphere, the story, the level design, the weapons/gadgets.

Same. Looking very much forward to this. I don't seem to have nearly as many complaints about the first one as some here. Enjoyed it through and through.

20 percent off at GMG for a preorder on this that includes the Definitive Edition of the first game and some loot assassin's pack for the new game.

A new Dishonored 2 video takes a look at the game’s setting of Karnaca...the development team sat down to talk through the inspiration behind Karnaca, the new setting for Dishonored 2...they talk about the history of the city, the people, how it relates to Dishonored 1 and more...

closer the the equator lol

charlie-murphy.gif

he's not wrong, though. is he

Steam is going nuts about the DRM protection Denuvo I could care less don't plan to update my SSD or MB to reactivate it.
I don't even know what Denuvo is except anti piracy software
Punk Buster I hate that more than anything...

Denuvo is just more needless BS that punishes the legit end user. Read that Reddit thread for the reasons why if you haven't already.

If I buy a game through a setup like Steam that should be more than enough DRM right there. The rest of this crap needs to go away.

Denuvo is just more needless BS that punishes the legit end user. Read that Reddit thread for the reasons why if you haven't already.

If I buy a game through a setup like Steam that should be more than enough DRM right there. The rest of this crap needs to go away.

If you had asked me on the spot to tell you what games I own that use Denuvo, I'd have no idea. I looked through the list... I own 8. Not only have none of them done anything that restricted me from playing them, none of them had any sort of technical or performance issue that I'd attribute to DRM. Maybe some games are more problematic than others, but then I'd just blame the developer, not the DRM. The bottom line is I've never been encumbered by Denuvo. There's no launcher. No activation process. No registration. If it's just running in the background doing it's thing, I don't really care.

I don't really pay attention to the piracy market, but it seems to be games that just use Steam as DRM usually are cracked very quickly, if not on release. But anything I've heard about Denuvo sounds like it takes months. Keeping the game unpirated during the profitable launch window is a no brainer. You're going to see a lot more of this if it continues be effective. And like I said above... I've never noticed it getting in the way, so I can't exactly say I mind.

I could care less about Denuvo DRM...only time I thought about it was when Lords of the Fallen had major performance issues and people thought Denuvo was the cause...as far as the game itself, looks like those that pre-order through Amazon get to play it a day early...is Amazon the only way or do all pre-orders get to play early?

To me, Denuvo kills the modding scene for any game that uses it & also stifles people's ability to use WINE on Linux if there is no official Linux release.

My understanding is Denuvo may prevent certian types of mods from being made. In most modern games this actually makes no difference, because so few games support modding and not all of those even have a good mod scene. Aside from FO3/Skyrim/FO4 and ArmA 2/3 and some niche simulators, and can't think of any modern games that support modding. Maybe CS:GO still has a bunch of gun models/skins/sounds like Source did back then. And most modders are attempting to start their own UE4 projects these days. Flight sim wise, there are skins but anyone with more skills than that becomes a 3rd party developer.

Problem is this is yet another nail in the coffin for modding. First it was console focus, then too expensive/time consuming for mod support and now they are thinking it makes the game less secure due to lack of Denuvo.

Although Denuvo has been cracked repeatedly. Though only one group seems to be able to do it, so games go months without a crack. I don't think it changes much because we all knew this would have no modding scene. But makes me wonder about future Fallout titles and the like.

There are modding communities for games that don't officially support the idea. For instance, games like the Dark Souls series has allowed people to modify them to work better due to lack of heavy DRM or encryption.

I am a big anti-DRM person and I can tell you in my experience Denuvo hasn't done anything bad like the earlier protections like the old starforce kernel driver things. I still don't want it in there because it kills any way to use wine to run the game. I specifically don't like that because I plan on moving to linux in the future as my main OS and barring a miracle same day releases are rare to non existent for games and that is assuming they'd even entertain making a linux version in the first place. It's also a big hindrance for mods and usually that's where I go if I still feel like playing the game after I finish it to change things around.

My biggest gripe with DRM is that they rarely if ever REMOVE it later. I am perfectly fine with the idea that they want to protect their IP, but after that critical sales time or at the VERY LEAST a year down the line, they should remove the third party DRM crap. I am pretty sick of the idea that I bought so many games several times due to just getting a copy that will no longer need crap like Activation or whatever else they thought up. I had several games I had installed that I uninstalled, that were asking to deactivate the game but no longer could access the DRM servers or tried to activate itself again because I guess my PC changed "enough" to matter before it would let me uninstall it.

On the fence about Dishonored 2. It looks good though and I am tempted cause I did like the first one.

I am a big anti-DRM person and I can tell you in my experience Denuvo hasn't done anything bad like the earlier protections like the old starforce kernel driver things. I still don't want it in there because it kills any way to use wine to run the game. I specifically don't like that because I plan on moving to linux in the future as my main OS and barring a miracle same day releases are rare to non existent for games and that is assuming they'd even entertain making a linux version in the first place. It's also a big hindrance for mods and usually that's where I go if I still feel like playing the game after I finish it to change things around.

My biggest gripe with DRM is that they rarely if ever REMOVE it later. I am perfectly fine with the idea that they want to protect their IP, but after that critical sales time or at the VERY LEAST a year down the line, they should remove the third party DRM crap. I am pretty sick of the idea that I bought so many games several times due to just getting a copy that will no longer need crap like Activation or whatever else they thought up. I had several games I had installed that I uninstalled, that were asking to deactivate the game but no longer could access the DRM servers or tried to activate itself again because I guess my PC changed "enough" to matter before it would let me uninstall it.

On the fence about Dishonored 2. It looks good though and I am tempted cause I did like the first one.

The DRM is something to be aware of but for 98 percent of people it's never an issue and despite the understandable annoyances about it that I have as well... don't let it stand in your way of what could be the GOTY right here.

I just read the PC Gamer rundown with a mostly spoiler free takedown of a level and situation... I think any of us that loved part 1 are probably going to be on track to like this one even more, if you can imagine that.

Bought it this afternoon after GMG sent me an voucher to get it at 25% off. Check your email if you haven't bought it yet and are on their mailing list.

I had this game per-ordered for months in advance hoping it pans out well I really liked the Art Style of last game and the characters and story were decent.
The original came out in like 2012 but I didn't play it until 2 years later picked it up for like 10.00 on steam. I didn't pick it up right away because I thought it looked too much
like Bioshock and it does have that feel to it.

Back