Dishonored 2

Blade-Runner

Supreme [H]ardness
Dishonored2Leak.jpg

Fuck yeah! One of the best games I have played in the last couple of years is getting a sequel!

Everyone died when I played , that sequel will be quite boring ;)

I was just wondering yesterday if a sequel will be made, I loved this game...good news.

Wait... what was great about it? I never made it out of that first prison area 5 minutes in. That was bloody hard.

Eh it was super easy and the storyline was extremely predictable. Hopefully 2 will be a bit more engaging.

I'm definitely interested in DisHonored 2 but thought the first game was a bit overrated...fun game but not this groundbreaking, classic a lot of people seem to think

I have been meaning to finish the first one myself. The world-building is really excellent, I have to admit. However, the only thing I dislike is that you're given a lot of cool toys and abilities, mostly lethal, but the game compels you not to use them for fear of ending up in high chaos. There should be a meter somewhere that allows you to see if you're killing too frequently and bordering on high chaos, as well as what "counts" as a kill (ie killing weapers?) and the different ways to complete various missions - if one is the 'best' or simply just the most difficult. There are even some quests that seem to be positively evil (granny rags?) that reward you with rare items! I hope the second does better in this regard.

There's been a row of similar images for other games, all fake.

I'm sure Dishonored 2 is in production, but it just seems a bit early, and a hash tag for something that's not announced?

At first the graphics kind of bothered me in Dishonored..but it became pretty fun after a while and I got used to them. Can't wait if this is true.

I have been meaning to finish the first one myself. The world-building is really excellent, I have to admit. However, the only thing I dislike is that you're given a lot of cool toys and abilities, mostly lethal, but the game compels you not to use them for fear of ending up in high chaos. There should be a meter somewhere that allows you to see if you're killing too frequently and bordering on high chaos, as well as what "counts" as a kill (ie killing weapers?) and the different ways to complete various missions - if one is the 'best' or simply just the most difficult. There are even some quests that seem to be positively evil (granny rags?) that reward you with rare items! I hope the second does better in this regard.

Definitely agree.

I played through it twice because of that. Once all sneaky like, the other guns blazin'.

I really liked the game. I wish it were harder but I'll surely check out the second one.

I'm sure Dishonored 2 is in production, but it just seems a bit early, and a hash tag for something that's not announced?
It doesn't seem too early to me. The last DLC for Dishonored was released in August. Arkane was probably in pre-production on the sequel before the last couple DLCs.

They haven't announced anything else yet, and Dishonored was surprisingly strong-selling sleeper hit that Bethesda views as a franchise, so a sequel announcement is certainly not out of the question.

Never finished the first one, but hopefully they will step it up graphics-wise.

I had a fun time with the first game. My only gripe is that they tried to push you down the stealth no kill/no alert path all the while giving you a boatload of tools and powers they didn't seem to want you to use.

I had a fun time with the first game. My only gripe is that they tried to push you down the stealth no kill/no alert path all the while giving you a boatload of tools and powers they didn't seem to want you to use.

This. A million times.
Because I love freezing bullets and positioning enemies in front of them. They make it seem so wrong, when it's so fun.
I think that whole "good/bad" system needs an overhaul. I didn't like the story being tied to it.

I beat Dishonored and Mirror's Edge over the weekend for the first time. 2 games I was lacking interest in at first. The games aren't the same but I'd buy ME2 before D2.

Gotta say I never cared for stealth games (Batman Arkham games do not count as stealth) and it looks like that trend continues as I went with the high chaos and killed all the guards I could, also didn't get all the power upgrades in Dishonored as I cared less and less as I played and was just going through the motions. :(

Yeah the emphasis on stealth in Dishonored when they give you so many abilities/weapons is really a huge flaw. Hopefully in the sequel they realize that and rectify the issue.

Hoping they upgrade the engine and diverge it from Bioshock. I loved everything about Dishonored: the atmosphere, the story, the level design, the weapons/gadgets. The two detractions - and it was a big one - was the engine was outdated and the gameplay far too similar to Bioshock.

Despite the naysayers, I really enjoyed/am enjoying Thief (4), and am finding it is quite different to Dishonored.

... There should be a meter somewhere that allows you to see if you're killing too frequently and bordering on high chaos, as well as what "counts" as a kill (ie killing weapers?) ...

There was kinda a meter at the end of each level, it was basicly 'if your killing, it's too frequent'. Just means they get a couple play thrus outa ya, the kill anything that moves and Dunwich'es little angel

One thing I'd like to see them tinker with (beyond the stealth/kill balance) is the swordplay.
I'm hoping for a variety of weapons and some additional defensive/offensive hand-to-hand techniques.
Things like a riposte or parry system, different weapons and fighting styles, or even the option to use unarmed martial arts to avoid slaughtering everyone.

Glorious announcement for sure. I'm really looking forward to playing it.

Yeah the emphasis on stealth in Dishonored when they give you so many abilities/weapons is really a huge flaw. Hopefully in the sequel they realize that and rectify the issue.

I found that having so many destructive tools and then trying not to use them was a bit of a refreshing challenge - getting the Ghost and Clean Hands achievements with all these wonderful toys was fun for me. And the few times I got frustrated, it was equally fun to blaze through and just unleash hell. The balance between "good" and "bad" could certainly be improved, and I agree, maybe a meter, or a more visible and tangible representation of this would help.

Same old pre-rendered bullshit we have come to expect from E3.

I agree. The original Dishonored reveal and the gameplay were vastly different, so I expect the same here. It is disappointing that we continue to get hit with this over and over again.

I always hated the "water paint" design decision they went with on the original. Made the entire game looked like a blurry mess. It's like running id Tech 5 on the Unreal engine!

I found that having so many destructive tools and then trying not to use them was a bit of a refreshing challenge - getting the Ghost and Clean Hands achievements with all these wonderful toys was fun for me. And the few times I got frustrated, it was equally fun to blaze through and just unleash hell. The balance between "good" and "bad" could certainly be improved, and I agree, maybe a meter, or a more visible and tangible representation of this would help.

The real problem is that playing the game normally you are constantly unlocking and upgrading your skills and abilities, so the game feels fresh and engaging the entire time, as opposed to sneaking around, since there isn't the same gameplay focus on stealth abilities as they did with killing abilities. The sense of progression is gone and the game starts to get boring after a while (especially if you go stealth on your 2nd play through). They need to focus on progression for both play styles this time, so playing one way doesn't leave you feeling like you missed out on all the cool stuff, just because all the cool stuff is for the other play style.

I always hated the "water paint" design decision they went with on the original. Made the entire game looked like a blurry mess. It's like running id Tech 5 on the Unreal engine!

I always thought it was intentional, given the emphasis on the Sokolov paintings.

It's an art style though, and you can't please everyone! :D

The real problem is that playing the game normally you are constantly unlocking and upgrading your skills and abilities, so the game feels fresh and engaging the entire time, as opposed to sneaking around, since there isn't the same gameplay focus on stealth abilities as they did with killing abilities. The sense of progression is gone and the game starts to get boring after a while (especially if you go stealth on your 2nd play through). They need to focus on progression for both play styles this time, so playing one way doesn't leave you feeling like you missed out on all the cool stuff, just because all the cool stuff is for the other play style.

Yeah the deadly skills were a lot more "fun" and once you get Blink 2, it's pretty much over for the skills on the stealth side. Let's not forget the outrageous lean mechanic :D

2ZBeW.gif

Dishonored was a great game.

The tools the developer gives you to move through each level are unique to this game - I know of no other first person game that plays like this one does.

Much respect for Arkane.

Yeah the deadly skills were a lot more "fun" and once you get Blink 2, it's pretty much over for the skills on the stealth side. Let's not forget the outrageous lean mechanic :D

LOL! I wish more games featured a well-thought leaning feature, but that was hilarious.

I really loved this game, really glad that it's getting a sequel. It was super fun, and I loved the setting and graphics. That means a lot of from me, considering that I generally hate wasteland/steampunk-ish settings (I'm a fantasy/nature type when it comes to eyecandy). Even though I was just save scumming around in order to prevent getting detected.

It's been a while since I beat it, but I remember there being plenty of things that I unlocked even for the stealth route that helped out considerably. I didn't kill anyone, but I think I may have knocked out pretty much everything that moved. Whenever I got caught, I'd try to just fight my way out of the situation before reloading (which was a bit hard since I had like nothing spec'd into any of the combat trees or abilities).

It's been a while since I beat it, but I remember there being plenty of things that I unlocked even for the stealth route that helped out considerably. I didn't kill anyone, but I think I may have knocked out pretty much everything that moved. Whenever I got caught, I'd try to just fight my way out of the situation before reloading (which was a bit hard since I had like nothing spec'd into any of the combat trees or abilities).

Blink 2, Agility 2, and Stop Time were pretty much all you needed to be outrageously overpowered in terms of stealth. When it came to fighting your way out, my favorites were blinking upward and then stabbing on the way down, stopping time and dropping a springrazor, or stopping time and firing bolts at everything. The swordfighting itself was interesting and I would like to see improvements there, but then again I played a ghost more times than I played a killer. :D

Blink 2, Agility 2, and Stop Time were pretty much all you needed to be outrageously overpowered in terms of stealth. When it came to fighting your way out, my favorites were blinking upward and then stabbing on the way down, stopping time and dropping a springrazor, or stopping time and firing bolts at everything. The swordfighting itself was interesting and I would like to see improvements there, but then again I played a ghost more times than I played a killer. :D

Possession was helpful as well, at least for ingress and egress.

Heh, I'm glad other people mentioned it: They throw a bunch of sweet toys and abilities at you and most of them are lethal. You can't have most of the "fun" if you want to stay non-lethal. ;)

Back