Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

So you can't have golem and minions at same time on Necro ? It's one or the other ? That's kind of lame.

Edit : I see now it's a separate key bind which is dumb as fuck on a PS5 controller because you loose one button that way don't you ?

Last edited:
Blizzard only has US servers in San Diego and Chicago. They do not have, nor plan to have, any East Coast servers, even though 40% of the USA lives in the Eastern Time Zone. The Eastern Time Zone has 3x as many people as the Pacific Time Zone. This just boggles my mind as to why they decided not to have any east coast servers.
Yeah... but no one really likes them so it's okay.

Man so act 6 is forever long and I can't find any waypoints. So now I'm stuck going the distance, because i don't want to fight all the way down here again. Wtf blizzard.

So it looks like a few hours ago all dungeons got nerf again. I swear blizzard will find all the fun in the game and nerf it out. I work offshore so i have not even played it yet and i see the YT videos talking about it and the comments people say the game sucks now. more then it did before. so very little mobs now same with elites you might get 1 or 2 per run. After watching the videos i think i am going to just say fuck it and call it a $100 lost.

I can see they are just going to make the farming suck more then it already is.

fuck you blizzard.

act 5 fucking blows

i swear like 70% of this act so far is completely uninteresting fetch quests that move the plot in no meaningful way including one where you can't even teleport back to town with the fucking item

act 6 was much better but
hell is stupid linear and you basically walk in a straight line for 99% of it.

but really act 5 was ridiculous and the vast majority of it could just be culled because the plot just stalls for 2 hours while you go do tedious shit. nobody does shit during it, i'm surprised there isn't a cutscene of you wiping doran's ass.

I swear there was a +30% or something hp elixir that I used a few days ago, but now I can't find it anywhere, not even in elixir lists online. Anyone know where I can get a hold of it?

Enjoyed my play through, think I'm going to switch away from Barb though, no desire to push that class any further I just don't find it compelling. I had more fun in adventure mode or whatever playing rogue to level 15 than I did all of my play through on barb.
I did the exact opposite. Played rogue to level 40, stopped playing rogue and made a barabrian. Leveled the barabrian to level 42 now. I like playing barbarian quite a bit more than rogue. Strange as it sounds but I almost always play agile, middle armor thief/rogue/assassin class in RPG. However, for some reason, I feel something is off with rogue in Diablo IV.

I did the exact opposite. Played rogue to level 40, stopped playing rogue and made a barabrian. Leveled the barabrian to level 42 now. I like playing barbarian quite a bit more than rogue. Strange as it sounds but I almost always play agile, middle armor thief/rogue/assassin class in RPG. However, for some reason, I feel something is off with rogue in Diablo IV.

I main a rogue and perhaps you didn't get to fully utilize the class. I have tons of movements in game and 3 dodge charges. My run speed is also quite a bit faster than other classes.
Not a big fan of barbarian because of all the weapons than hang.

So you can't have golem and minions at same time on Necro ? It's one or the other ? That's kind of lame.

Edit : I see now it's a separate key bind which is dumb as fuck on a PS5 controller because you loose one button that way don't you ?
I have both

but really act 5 was ridiculous and the vast majority of it could just be culled because the plot just stalls for 2 hours while you go do tedious shit. nobody does shit during it, i'm surprised there isn't a cutscene of you wiping doran's ass.

Yeah so now that it's done:

The story kind of sucked. A whole lot of padding, and not a lot of details. The whole Lorath Donan beef never really gets explained. Also we never really get any actual exposition from Lilith. Made me feel like there weren't any real world consequences for if she won. Like with the Prime Evils, their motivation was to torture and destroy Sanctuary. What exactly did Lilith want? She kept claiming to be our savior but obvs she was evil, so what would Lilith land look like? No idea, she ded now.

Also the epilogue was cool, reminded me a lot of diablo 2 cinematics. I think the coach scene was even a callback to the diablo 2 announcement trailer from way back

The connecting nodes look like a gate. When you unlock these nodes it gives you the option to attach a new board.

View attachment 576527
Aside from the joke I totally didn't get (TY for pointing that out), I did figure this out and I now know why I shouldn't have been just filling up one board. I'm well into the midpoints of the next one (after I rotated it) and my Ice Mage is disgusting. I soloed all night after work and nothing came close to killing me with my bolstered resistances and damage output. I just knocked out Fractured Peaks bonuses and had 4 + 1 for level to spend...

Question: Does Magical: non physical damage mean only energy attacks and not apply to things like Ice? If so I may have to be changing a few things but overall, character is nasty.

I may have to switch to the damn Ice Sabers after the insane damage boosts I am now getting. May even have to switch to a pure ranged combatant with Ice Shard basic attacks. Though the Arc Lash has been slaughtering anything that gets in close range.

THANK YOU for you help!

Yeah so now that it's done:

The story kind of sucked. A whole lot of padding, and not a lot of details. The whole Lorath Donan beef never really gets explained. Also we never really get any actual exposition from Lilith. Made me feel like there weren't any real world consequences for if she won. Like with the Prime Evils, their motivation was to torture and destroy Sanctuary. What exactly did Lilith want? She kept claiming to be our savior but obvs she was evil, so what would Lilith land look like? No idea, she ded now.

Also the epilogue was cool, reminded me a lot of diablo 2 cinematics. I think the coach scene was even a callback to the diablo 2 announcement trailer from way back

Yeah I agree, it's pretty flimsy. I really expected them to elaborate on her plan at some point, but it just never happens.

I really expected something more nuanced than "trust me bro she's evil" but that's pretty much the extent of any and all explanations you get.

And I kinda groaned at the way Donan gets shanked.

Like we're in hell, quite possibly the most dangerous place to exist. Do you really need to get a close up look at the creepy writhing pillar? Just stay with the group and don't touch shit...

Aside from the joke I totally didn't get (TY for pointing that out), I did figure this out and I now know why I shouldn't have been just filling up one board. I'm well into the midpoints of the next one (after I rotated it) and my Ice Mage is disgusting. I soloed all night after work and nothing came close to killing me with my bolstered resistances and damage output. I just knocked out Fractured Peaks bonuses and had 4 + 1 for level to spend...

Question: Does Magical: non physical damage mean only energy attacks and not apply to things like Ice? If so I may have to be changing a few things but overall, character is nasty.

I may have to switch to the damn Ice Sabers after the insane damage boosts I am now getting. May even have to switch to a pure ranged combatant with Ice Shard basic attacks. Though the Arc Lash has been slaughtering anything that gets in close range.

THANK YOU for you help!
I think there is a loading card that states "non-physical" means any attack or effect where your weapon isn't making contact, but the loading times are too fast for me to remember exactly what it said. I know that Arc Lash, while needing to be in melee range, counts only as lightning damage with no physical component.

I hated act 3 on D2. is it very similar to act 5 on D4. BTW how many acts is there? I barely got to 3 and and already 43...

I'm definitely ready to try another class now that I'm at the very tail end of the campaign.

Sorc has not been what I expected or hoped really. A bit disappointed there.

Also I was running events and I gotta say it's a bit awkward when some level 10 dude is practically clearing enemies as fast as I am...

Like boy, I don't really feel stronger. Just kinda flashier.

So it looks like a few hours ago all dungeons got nerf again. I swear blizzard will find all the fun in the game and nerf it out. I work offshore so i have not even played it yet and i see the YT videos talking about it and the comments people say the game sucks now. more then it did before. so very little mobs now same with elites you might get 1 or 2 per run. After watching the videos i think i am going to just say fuck it and call it a $100 lost.

I can see they are just going to make the farming suck more then it already is.

fuck you blizzard.
Yeah, they keep nerfing the gameplay. It's not a fun grind and feels more like work than a game.

I'm definitely ready to try another class now that I'm at the very tail end of the campaign.

Sorc has not been what I expected or hoped really. A bit disappointed there.

Also I was running events and I gotta say it's a bit awkward when some level 10 dude is practically clearing enemies as fast as I am...

Like boy, I don't really feel stronger. Just kinda flashier.
Yeah I kind of feel the same way. Probably has to do with my build even though I feel like it’s pretty good. It’s a level 60 lightning sorc with arc lash, chain lightning, lightning spear, lightning orb, and unstable currents, with gear focusing on near, basic, and stun damage. I’m really feeling weak in WT3, I can clear dungeons solo but it’s very slow going, everything feels so spongey unless I have unstable currents going. Maybe I need to focus on buffing cooldowns so I can use it more.

Yeah I kind of feel the same way. Probably has to do with my build even though I feel like it’s pretty good. It’s a level 60 lightning sorc with arc lash, chain lightning, lightning spear, lightning orb, and unstable currents, with gear focusing on near, basic, and stun damage. I’m really feeling weak in WT3, I can clear dungeons solo but it’s very slow going, everything feels so spongey unless I have unstable currents going. Maybe I need to focus on buffing cooldowns so I can use it more.

Yeah that's pretty much what happened to me

Damage seemed to have fallen off unless unstable currents was whooping ass or I had the chance to just face tank something and spam infinite chain lightning.

Some bosses just turned into me running around until I had my ult ready. Repeat 6x. Not too fun.

Reactions: w35t
like this
"Campfire Chat" June 16 at 2 PM EST.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23969869/tune-in-to-our-first-diablo-iv-campfire-chat

Grab your favorite fiery beverage and join Diablo general manager Rod Fergusson, game director Joe Shely, associate production director Tiffany Wat, and associate director of community Adam Fletcher on June 16 at 11 a.m. PDT. The team will detail our successful launch, feedback we’ve received from the community, and what’s on the horizon for Diablo IV.

Man so far I'm loving the game. Just hit act IV and got my mount at lv 47, it has quickly become my get stoned and chill on the couch game lol.

Now that I have my mount I'm gonna go do some of th3 side quests I didn't want to run all over for. Basically skipped all the sode quests in act III.

I believe this is intentional and no, pc only has so many skills you can have usable at once just like console.

I personally use skeletons and golem. Made a nice summoner/blood nova build and it's kicking ass for me through the story. Since I'm blood I just skipped using blood mist so I could have my golem.

Time to tell them to stop nerfing shit, its getting old.
Apparently Rod Fergusson at some point said that the goal was for it to take players 150 hours to reach level 100, so this is why the majority of updates have been nerfs. Unfortunately they are balancing the game around streamers and content creators (the 0.001% of players) rather than the majority. That is the kind of shit that gets old. I see names like "Wudijo" get thrown around and I have no idea who that person is.

Haha oh man that one is the worst I've seen.

Literally nothing around, tping in a bubble.

I'm assuming they won't restore it, but man would that shit take the wind out of my sails

Hmmmm thats the first I've seen of this this poison buff dropping.....that could be deadly......with a rogue build.
SICKRING.jpg

Apparently Rod Fergusson at some point said that the goal was for it to take players 150 hours to reach level 100, so this is why the majority of updates have been nerfs. Unfortunately they are balancing the game around streamers and content creators (the 0.001% of players) rather than the majority. That is the kind of shit that gets old. I see names like "Wudijo" get thrown around and I have no idea who that person is.
Plus we can’t event tell how long we’ve played, which is pretty annoying tbh.

They were doing that in Diablo 3 as well. A couple seasons ago, there was one issue during the PTR, I forget what it was. Anyway, every day, about half the posts on the Blizzard board would be to correct one issue. One of the major streamers came out and asked about some stupid trivial issue to be corrected. The issue that most people asked about? Never touched. The issue that the streamer brought up, and would only affect like 5 people in the game? Fixed.

At this point, yeah, I'm not a streamer fan.

I swear there was a +30% or something hp elixir that I used a few days ago, but now I can't find it anywhere, not even in elixir lists online. Anyone know where I can get a hold of it?
I found out myself, those elixirs drop in Helltides.

Anyone getting a huge lag after teleporting?
None here, and I teleport a lot lol. I do get very minor but noticeable frame rate dips here and there though.

Side note: I respec’d my lightning sorc a bit focusing on cooldowns and switched to gear that boosted cooldowns and ultimate damage. I can now use unstable currents the majority of the time and do a lot more damage while it’s active. TW3 has been a cakewalk since. Still not ready to solo the next capstone dungeon at level 61 however lol, just figured that out.

Got through the 2nd capstone dungeon last night to hit WT4.......at L64....woooofff....getting to the boss was not a fun experience and doing dungeons in WT4 is not a fun experience. I can kill just about any boss 9 levels above me...but jesus getting mobbed just doesn't work.

I discovered Maxroll's character builder and have been playing around with it. It's much better than the others I posted earlier. Currently theorycrafting some Sorcerer builds using it, trying to think out of the box. Nobody is using a build that leverages Crackling Energy, and there are some pretty powerful passives for it on the Ceaseless Discharge Paragon board. Going to try and see if I can make it work.

https://maxroll.gg/d4/planner/

Putting this here for when I create an account to save this later...

Skill tree:

Basic
  • 1 Arc Lash, Enhanced Arc Lash
Core
  • 5 Charged Bolts, Enhanced Charge Bolts, Greater Charged Bolts
  • 1 Devastation, 3 Elemental Dominance
Defensive
  • 1 Teleport, Enhanced Teleport, Shimmering Teleport
  • 1 Ice Armor, Enhanced Ice Armor
  • 1 Frost Nova, Enhanced Frost Nova, Shimmering Frost Nova
  • 3 Elemental Attunement
Conjuration
  • 3 Precision Magic
  • 1 Align the Elements, 3 Protection
Mastery
  • 5 Ball Lightning, Enhanced Ball Lightning, Wizard's Ball Lightning
  • 3 Static Discharge, 3 Shocking Impact, 3 Invigorating Conduit
Ultimate
  • Unstable Currents, Prime Unstable Currents, Supreme Unstable Currents
  • 1 Coursing Currents, 3 Electrocution, 3 Convulsions
Key Passive
  • Vyr's Mastery

1686838401190.png

Paragon boards:
1686837737950.png

Last edited:
I completed Fallen Temple at Tier 3 but didn't get Tier 4 unlocked. Why? Am I too low level at 60?

Edit:
I needed to inspect the World Statue.

Last edited:
Back