Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Frustraing day over here. Gf and I tried to do the dungeon that gets you t3 access and got all the way to the end and disconnect. Then account locked. Got back in and made it to the end again only to wipe. Boss full health and at this point I was done. I shut down the pc. I liked it up to this point but today just wasn’t fun. This is the opposite of how I want to feel when I play a video game.
Because the capstone is a gear check. You're under geared or wrongly geared with little to no effective synergy.

If you're not damaging a boss you need to be at least be able to stack stagger. If you're unable to do that then you need to start looking at guides because your build isn't going to work in WT3.

The game is completely out of balance. The pigeonholing for builds is frankly insane as I can guarantee that things like frost nova, rallying cry, etc are on 90% or more of their respective class builds. There's effectively zero variety because the game entirely revolves around triggering vulnerability.

The impact of this is felt almost as soon as you start the game. I believe they'll make very significant changes within the next 6 weeks but hopefully it's about buffing the weak stuff instead of nerfing the strong stuff. If it's the former then we have a ton of potential for builds, especially if they drop all the fucking qualifiers to do damage. If it's the latter, we're looking at a major disconnect between what the devs want and the what the game is for the players.

Data from top d4armory characters.

wg0uqercx25b1.png

Another $70 question,

If you had the choice to get your money back for a refund, would you do it?

I'm still not sold on getting the game yet.
No. I'm not really a diablo fan nor a fan of these types of games, but i'm really enjoying it. Even if all you do is play through the campaign it's worth the money IMO. Blizzard actually did a quality job with this game. Even the OST is top notch.

I run across some of these songs while running around and have to stop to listen to them.

I've also enjoyed the general art style this time around. A lot of Clive Barker Hellraiser theme stuff going on.

Is there a way to save my build like in D3? I think it was the mirror in D3, want to try out new skill trees but save current ones etc...

Another $70 question,

If you had the choice to get your money back for a refund, would you do it?

I'm still not sold on getting the game yet.
I don't think so. I'm waiting on a friend to buy it and until he does I'm holding off playing most of the game. I went through A1, which was just a repeat since I played the beta. Scouted around the A2 area some just to see it. But I know we will have some fun playing through the campaign at the very least.

I do like Diablo IV, don't love it. I forgot how brainless and kinda dumb the story and gameplay is. It is an ACTION RPG for sure, it's no Baldurs Gate or Never Winter Nights LOL. But it's cool for what it is.

Would be neat if there was a Group Finder for dungeon runs, or an easier way to ask people to group up in the open world. Even hovering my mouse over a player character I don't see any info. I kinda wish Diablo was a bit more like WoW in the social aspect and grouping up together, etc...

My main is only level 21, a Rogue, and he's pretty fun to play now, and has better Energy / mana regen now. I have him spec'd out to almost play like a Havoc DH. I also want to try a Sorcerer, hearing good things on that class.

I’m a bit too efficient on doing the story quests only and am now level 35 in Act VI and the enemies are 10 levels higher than me. Guess I have to grind a bit before I finish the story.

As a Sorcerer player, the thing that bothers me is that during the beta, the class was balanced. You had a wide variety, and every skill seemed valid. Blizzard, in their infinite wisdom, decided to nerf half the skills, leaving really only one valid build.
which Build

which Build
You can look at the stats above. Pretty much everyone in the end game has the same 4 skills, leaving the choice, do you want to go Blizzard, or do you want to go Ice Shards.

That's also one of the things that bothered me with the sorc. The group that completed HC 100 put out a video where the sorc really hurts in the very end game compared to the other classes, because gear level pretty much stops after 70, and due to level scaling and playing in a group, you can out level your ability to actually be able to contribute as a sorc.

Screenshot078.jpg
Went from 34-37 today Act 3 really is a wasteland I wish I could get my horse already but I can teleport through the trash mobs.
This game is really big bigger map wise. I switched from Ice to Lighting whatever gear you have equipped seems to drop that elemental so I gingerly switched to lighting
gear and been getting more drops for that spec. Criticals for lighting seem to be way better than I was getting with Ice Spells I think the Mage is made for either Fire or Lighting.

I'm digging it just as I've liked every diablo game. Very polished. Looks and runs great on my series X. This is a great "grown man with a job" type game. I can sit down on the couch in my office, grab the xbox controller, run dungeons for an hour and then just walk away. A great title to blow off the day with. It's as mindless or as intellectual as I want it to be. I don't give two shits about the story or "the point" of the game, I just like the core mechanic. Like a shooter that just has good gunplay, everything else is just fluff. One of the few games that I genuinely like cranking the difficulty on. The more it throws at me the bigger my grin gets.

I do wish it had a true offline mode or at least fewer network hooks so quick resume would play nice. The Division 2 was another major time-sink for me and quick resume works fine there so not sure I understand the disconnect. I know a lot of people dig multiplayer games but I play to disappear for awhile. I don't need/want people in my game.

I put hundreds of hours into D3. This will likely get even more.

The butcher got me hit then on respawn I couldn’t find him.

Hit level 41 and still on Act 3. Just traveling is such a chore as I am unable to get to the main quest without hitting a massive detour. Not sure why the map has this many dead ends and loops in Act 3.

Anyways, will keep playing until my shoulder falls off.

Hit level 41 and still on Act 3. Just traveling is such a chore as I am unable to get to the main quest without hitting a massive detour. Not sure why the map has this many dead ends and loops in Act 3.

Butcher despawns if you die. You'll see him do an animation then fade into a pool of blood.

My sorc is at 71 and I'm wearing two uniques which I was under the impression we were only able to equip one. I've stuck with blizzard because it's just a pleasing skill and solid for keeping stagger ticking up with ice spikes legendary affix. My wife on the Xbox and I on the PC have started dual rogues with the penetrating shot build. It's fucking awesome already at level 25 (+ my 10 renown skill points, nyuk nyuk) but man, this game is complicated on the controller for chatting, trading, etc. What a pain in the ass

Well, I have to give up my dream of an HC run. Just not sure how I can do it.

This is one of the moves that is suppose to be able to be avoided, and I got hit while I was literally in the perfect position. He was in the center, and I was at the edge, giving me the largest possible circumference, and between the two fireballs, and still got hit.

The thing is, with uber Lilith, you have to dodge certain attacks, as you will be one shot otherwise. But apparently I live in the worst part of the USA for trying to play a real time ARPG. Not sure why Blizzard doesn't have any NYC or Boston servers.

I am at 51 and only encountered the butcher once, but after the respawn he was also gone.. Haven't seen him since then.

Almost killed The Butcher yesterday. As a bow rogue, he's pretty hard as he has plenty of tools to counter me.
But I got unlucky. Got him to 20% hp and already saw him dead in my head, but he got me to low hp and I was next to a climb spot and accidentally clicked it. The bleed damaged me so much while climbing that I insta died on top without having the chance to pop a healing potion.
Also, he's quite high level compared to me. I'm 58, he's 64 and always pops up in those Tier 11-12 dungeons :)

Back