Diablo IV - The Real Official Thread

Blizz is now referring to the release date as "late access".

Diablo4_LateAccess.png

Man I am having an absolute blast! So much so my dumb ass bought some cosmetics I really liked. 😂

Seriously though, loving everything about it, no complaints whatsoever.

What kind of clan activities are there to do?

Man I am having an absolute blast! So much so my dumb ass bought some cosmetics I really liked. 😂

Seriously though, loving everything about it, no complaints whatsoever.

What kind of clan activities are there to do?
no activities at this time that I can see.

Curious if they'll add world events for clans atleast.

Not sure how you can guarantee doing a world event with x amount of clan members together.

Don't think that's possible. Which is unfortunate.

It be nice to see clans getting a reward tier of some kind like in Wow.

Reactions: w35t
like this
Capstone dungeon is crazy as a solo. Just hit 50 and I'm at the cusp of getting worked. lol

The game is getting insane

Slowly making my way through this game (I have a need to do all the side quests lol). Hit lv 18 last night and went into a dungeon, half way through I was greeted by the butcher. Was not expexting him, appeared randomly and proceeded to slaughter me with ease then just disappeared as I cried lol.

Killed Astaroth 4 times now, quest gets stuck and I can't progress any futher. Game breaking bug.

I think that SC players 100 today show a major flaw in the game. Diablo 4 just isn't a game that knows what it wants to be. Is it a gacha Diablo Immortal? No, well, at least not yet. But that's certainly what it's trying to do. And it's certainly not as complex as Path of Exile. Nor as simplistic as Diablo 3.

The difference between group play and solo play is just too large at the moment. What the top group did to hit 100 first was nothing complex. They just split farm one dungeon, over and over, not even using end game dungeons. And this was something people brought up over and over. PoE has SSF. People complained for years for Diablo to add SSF to 3 and when Diablo 4 was announced, people asked again. And each time Blizzard denied them. They want to force groups. But most players, especially casual players play solo. Thus, zero chance of competition if you play solo. And they make sure to constantly put other players in the world, who are never going to interact with you, but you're zoomed so close in, and are unable to zoom out, just so you can see those fancy clothes of theirs.

Frankly though, that's just a turn off for me. If you want to be Immortal, just go full out Diablo Immortal. But I'm certainly not going to buy gear. And if you want to be competitive, you need SSF.

And as far as the 100, grats to them. But this was my complaint from the beginning about giving it to streamers. Their group took about 40 hours longer in the pre release to hit 100. And they even said they could hit it in about 60 with the knowledge they gained. It's not about some stupid trophy, because most people don't care about that. It's about who hits 100 first, streamer or not. It's one thing to give an early release copy to people who can't play, such as PC Gamer, or streamers you know are casual. But to give it to people who go after end game stuff is just stupid. Because either they would without some information from Blizzard, or if they let Blizzard know the issues to correct them, Blizzard just flat out ignored it. And many people were aware of the PvP zone farm and the broken Barbarian items before the game even came out. Blizzard did fix those issues though, after they hit 100.

Right now, all the reviews are just in the honeymoon phase. If Blizzard doesn't take drastic steps soon, this is going to end up worse than Diablo 3's launch.

Completed the main story campaign.

Overall impressed with the story and progression. There were some areas that somewhat dragged out but picked back up in the last half.

Working on completing side quests and gearing...

I think that SC players 100 today show a major flaw in the game. Diablo 4 just isn't a game that knows what it wants to be. Is it a gacha Diablo Immortal? No, well, at least not yet. But that's certainly what it's trying to do. And it's certainly not as complex as Path of Exile. Nor as simplistic as Diablo 3.

The difference between group play and solo play is just too large at the moment. What the top group did to hit 100 first was nothing complex. They just split farm one dungeon, over and over, not even using end game dungeons. And this was something people brought up over and over. PoE has SSF. People complained for years for Diablo to add SSF to 3 and when Diablo 4 was announced, people asked again. And each time Blizzard denied them. They want to force groups. But most players, especially casual players play solo. Thus, zero chance of competition if you play solo. And they make sure to constantly put other players in the world, who are never going to interact with you, but you're zoomed so close in, and are unable to zoom out, just so you can see those fancy clothes of theirs.

Frankly though, that's just a turn off for me. If you want to be Immortal, just go full out Diablo Immortal. But I'm certainly not going to buy gear. And if you want to be competitive, you need SSF.

And as far as the 100, grats to them. But this was my complaint from the beginning about giving it to streamers. Their group took about 40 hours longer in the pre release to hit 100. And they even said they could hit it in about 60 with the knowledge they gained. It's not about some stupid trophy, because most people don't care about that. It's about who hits 100 first, streamer or not. It's one thing to give an early release copy to people who can't play, such as PC Gamer, or streamers you know are casual. But to give it to people who go after end game stuff is just stupid. Because either they would without some information from Blizzard, or if they let Blizzard know the issues to correct them, Blizzard just flat out ignored it. And many people were aware of the PvP zone farm and the broken Barbarian items before the game even came out. Blizzard did fix those issues though, after they hit 100.

Right now, all the reviews are just in the honeymoon phase. If Blizzard doesn't take drastic steps soon, this is going to end up worse than Diablo 3's launch.

Well said.

I think there comes a point where it is just personal preference with this type of game.

Before launch, I was still playing D2R and grinding the same bosses over and over (like I did in grade school lol) for a slightly better version of an item I already had. If that doesn't sound appealing, then Diablo 4 may not be much different for you.

I think as far as, "What is there to do for clan stuff", that is going to amount to building a community and helping each other out.

An example would be: I just did the capstone dungeon for the first time and was messaging in chat about starting it. Someone instantly hopped in and we plowed right through it. Would've been rough on my own lol.

Completed the main story campaign.

Overall impressed with the story and progression. There were some areas that somewhat dragged out but picked back up in the last half.

Working on completing side quests and gearing...
Same...currently level 48.

Act 1-3 took forever, 4-6 flew by.
Spoilers..
Act 4 is when you can get your mount

So here's a $70 question,

what does this game do better than other ARPGs?
Nothing really, it's just well made. The game is polished, and looks amazing, but it's not a particularly fun game because of the skill system. The skill system makes or breaks your games in terms of fun. Your play style doesn't really change the entire leveling experience past level 5-6. You do get some more skills but you mostly focus on using your core skill you get at level 4 and everything else is a supplement. It's pretty wild how badly they fucked it up. Even Diablo 3 had a skill system that had more creativity to it. They could've essentially brought runes back in the form of skill points and had more trees that branched off from each core skill / base skill etc that vastly changed the way the skill functions, and you could unlock these different branching paths as you level and change your play style. Nope, you get base whirl wind at level 4 and if you're lucky you might find a legendary aspect that maybe makes it slightly different, but probably not. Nothing has progressed really, I do shouts to buff myself, I call ancients which is cool but has a 60 second cool down, smash, and whirlwind, for like 8 hours now since level 4. I really don't understand what they were thinking, they had so much source material to learn and draw from and they made this horrible skill system. The funniest and most baffling design decision is they have one more area to get a skill than they do buttons you can use. So basically playing my barb I skipped an entire skill section and just got passives because it wouldn't fit on my skill bar. It's unbelievable how poorly designed it is.

Having said all of that, I'm still enjoying the game. It's a way better campaign than Diablo 3's campaign and it's something new to play. It's just not going to last beyond playing each character a bit after I finish the campaign. I don't think it's going to be "fixed" until they do an expansion and vastly revamp things. I don't know when the player base will catch on, but bigger passive stats in the form of a paragon system doesn't excite me for the end game at all.

Last edited:
Slowly making my way through this game (I have a need to do all the side quests lol). Hit lv 18 last night and went into a dungeon, half way through I was greeted by the butcher. Was not expexting him, appeared randomly and proceeded to slaughter me with ease then just disappeared as I cried lol.
Wait where!!??

Still having Fun. up to 29 on my Sorc. Caved and looked some builds and realized my skills were all wrong. Doing much better. Their have been some hairy situations for sure. The Dungeon bosses have been fun. I think my favorite part of the games is the Graphics and the sound/Music. Game looks phenomenal and plays smooth as silk. Kudo's to blizzard on this engine. I just love exploring and seeing the scale. Elevation changes, area designs and I have not even finished act 1 main quest yet. Quite enjoying the more open ended quest and story structure.

Reactions: hmz
like this
Yeah, I saw the butcher twice in beta. First time he curbstomped me. Second time I had started to figure out the gear / skill synergies... It took a couple of minutes but it was very satisfying to see him fall.

Exactly why I waited until people could play beyond a tutorial to decide whether to drop cash and time on two copies of the game....

After the closed beta of the endgame stuff and collecting data on how people play then, NOW they decide to nerf the paragon boards? After, what, only a few thousand out of possibly millions of players have made it far enough to start working on paragon?

I really hope that this doesn't turn into yet another endless circle of balancing for PvP. That has ruined so many other games out there. The approach should be taken how Elden Ring does it: Separate balance states for PvP and PvE.
Wait where!!??
I ran into him at Light's Watch in both betas and once in the same spot in the retail release. Haven't seen him since that first time in retail. In the first beta he one-shotted me. I didn't even have a chance to react as he did his charging attack from off screen. The second time I ran like a little bitch.

So cleared the campaign last night @ 52... I had a great time with it. If anything, this Diablo campaign felt TOO big. There's a ton to discover along the way and clearly a ton to discover after clearing it still, too.

Looking at some of the criticisms, I'm kinda scratching my head here. I'm old school Diablo, played D1 on PC and Playstation 1 when it released and all of them (besides immortal) thereafter. I really don't get the folks that are complaining right now.

Ya'll wanted bleak Diablo back, you got it, even to the tune of injecting it into the story - bitch about the story. Progression/approachability needed improvement. Once I understood what was going on with progression, I started to experiment and had a ton of fun. If anything during the first run-through it was too simple. Folks playing with me that weren't gamers enjoyed it when they played.

I mean holy shitballs - this is the best first-round iteration of a Diablo game I've ever played aside from D1 and that was because back then I had no clue what to expect.

I think as far as, "What is there to do for clan stuff", that is going to amount to building a community and helping each other out.

An example would be: I just did the capstone dungeon for the first time and was messaging in chat about starting it. Someone instantly hopped in and we plowed right through it. Would've been rough on my own lol.
that was me ;)

So cleared the campaign last night @ 52... I had a great time with it. If anything, this Diablo campaign felt TOO big. There's a ton to discover along the way and clearly a ton to discover after clearing it still, too.

Looking at some of the criticisms, I'm kinda scratching my head here. I'm old school Diablo, played D1 on PC and Playstation 1 when it released and all of them (besides immortal) thereafter. I really don't get the folks that are complaining right now.

Ya'll wanted bleak Diablo back, you got it, even to the tune of injecting it into the story - bitch about the story. Progression/approachability needed improvement. Once I understood what was going on with progression, I started to experiment and had a ton of fun. If anything during the first run-through it was too simple. Folks playing with me that weren't gamers enjoyed it when they played.

I mean holy shitballs - this is the best first-round iteration of a Diablo game I've ever played aside from D1 and that was because back then I had no clue what to expect.
You are 100% right. If you look at who's bitching and moaning on this thread its the usual suspects who are never happy.

You are 100% right. If you look at who's bitching and moaning on this thread its the usual suspects who are never happy.
That's why I never bother reading abut a game on Reddit. According to them, every game sucks. It can be good for getting help on a game, but reviews are just garbage.

I am going to wait it out some. I'm having a blast in Last Epoch getting a build finalized. No real reason to leave. Perhaps when Diablo has its first season or something, I'll jump in.

There any decent build calculators? Not guides, I wouldn't do a guide, but something I can mess around with. I wouldn't even know what class I'd play.

That's why I never bother reading abut a game on Reddit. According to them, every game sucks. It can be good for getting help on a game, but reviews are just garbage.

I am going to wait it out some. I'm having a blast in Last Epoch getting a build finalized. No real reason to leave. Perhaps when Diablo has its first season or something, I'll jump in.

There any decent build calculators? Not guides, I wouldn't do a guide, but something I can mess around with. I wouldn't even know what class I'd play.

I never really went to Reddit untill a few years ago for rWalmart and I started hanging out on the rUSPS forums for kicks. It's good for giving people scope of what is really out there instead of what your Boss has to to say to you that day.

There really isn't any comprehensive one, yet.

This is probably the most complete one, currently, but it doesn't list when it was updated.
https://d4builds.gg/build-planner/

This one calculates stats and passives, but no aspect or equipment options yet and it runs slow due to being coded in Python.
https://lothrik.github.io/diablo4-build-calc/

This one lets you choose equipment and aspects, but doesn't calculate stats or let you allocated your class-specific perks (eg. Enchantments on Sorcerer). Gets really slow once you start adding paragon boards.
https://d4planner.io/skilltree

If you just want the game's interface recreated, then this one is for you. You can't click and drag the tree around, though. No paragon boards included, unlike the ones above.
https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/skill-tree-calc

Last edited:
Reactions: w35t
like this
My biggest gripe so far I think is that resource management is fucking horrid on half the classes initially.

It's starting to get a little better on my sorceress but holy fuck you're out of mana CONSTANTLY. Like literally 2 or 3 right clicks. You're just stuck with this bullshit until you find certain aspects.

You basically only use abilities on giant packs or elites because they take a while to come back online, and you're out of mana from full in literally seconds and you get to stand there and bonk shit with Arc Lash

Back