Diablo III is getting killed on Metacritic

Eve Online is taking a poke at this:

7mFuv.jpg

I did play Diablo 2, but I didn't grind a whole lot and played mostly SP. So clearly, Diablo 3 does not appeal to me that much. :p

If the game doesn't appeal to you why are you consistently posting in Diablo 3 related threads? There has to be a better way for you to spend your time hahhaha

10779499.jpg

Honestly I see more people complaining about the DRM in this game than any other game I've seen before. I never saw anyone complain about the DRM requirement for BF3. Why, because the BF series is MULTIPLAYER with single player elements in it. Which is exactly how Diablo is.

Let's be honest, Blizzard makes multiplayer games first and foremost. SC2/WoW/D3. All focused on multiplayer. Yes I understand SC2 can be played be played offline but it is still primarily an online game.

I still find it rediculous that of all places, on the [H] forum, people complain about having to use the internet to play their video games. How often on a daily basis do most people on this forum not have internet. I guess the term 'first world problem" comes to mind.

i dont think the scores are over the top. i mean what does this game bring in terms of originality/refreshness of it?

This game is based on OLD and i mean OLD-school hack and slash gameplay thats been done to death when the likes of Bastion(a similar game) offers more then this.

This game is fine. but not worth the price of a brand new current gen game.

The fact that you have to bloody be online to play single player is a joke and anyone who constantly bashed other games with similar DRM and not this one is smoking Blizzard's crap.

If and IF you yourself are happy with the DRM in this game then dont fucking moan and complain about other single player games having same DRM as you are just being a blatent BLIZARD fanboy.

If the game doesn't appeal to you why are you consistently posting in Diablo 3 related threads? There has to be a better way for you to spend your time hahhaha

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10779499.jpg

What difference does it make to you how I spend my time? :p :rolleyes:

Not to mention the massive irony of you posting a picture about "trolling" when you're a self-proclaimed Blizzard fanboy and are constantly posting in here as well...

Honestly I see more people complaining about the DRM in this game than any other game I've seen before. I never saw anyone complain about the DRM requirement for BF3. Why, because the BF series is MULTIPLAYER with single player elements in it. Which is exactly how Diablo is.

Let's be honest, Blizzard makes multiplayer games first and foremost. SC2/WoW/D3. All focused on multiplayer. Yes I understand SC2 can be played be played offline but it is still primarily an online game.

I still find it rediculous that of all places, on the [H] forum, people complain about having to use the internet to play their video games. How often on a daily basis do most people on this forum not have internet. I guess the term 'first world problem" comes to mind.

My internet is fine. Blizzard is the one having issues. I also didn't buy BF3.

Not to mention the massive irony of you posting a picture about "trolling" when you're a self-proclaimed Blizzard fanboy and are constantly posting in here as well...

+1 to that.

i dont think the scores are over the top. i mean what does this game bring in terms of originality/refreshness of it?

This game is based on OLD and i mean OLD-school hack and slash gameplay thats been done to death when the likes of Bastion(a similar game) offers more then this.

This game is fine. but not worth the price of a brand new current gen game.

The fact that you have to bloody be online to play single player is a joke and anyone who constantly bashed other games with similar DRM and not this one is smoking Blizzard's crap.

If and IF you yourself are happy with the DRM in this game then dont fucking moan and complain about other single player games having same DRM as you are just being a blatent BLIZARD fanboy.

Sorry, you must lost me when claiming Bastion offers more than Diablo 3. You don't have be a blizzard fanboy to disagree with that. Hell, Bastion doesn't even have any co-op/multiplayer and yet you claim it offers more?

Bastion is a fun game, but it's basically Diablo 3 if you remove the loot, coop, economy, and everything else that makes Diablo great. Oh, and make it about 1/2 as long (assuming 1 playthrough).

Honestly I see more people complaining about the DRM in this game than any other game I've seen before. I never saw anyone complain about the DRM requirement for BF3.

Actually, a TON of people complained about having to use Origin/Battlelog for BF3.

Sorry, you must lost me when claiming Bastion offers more than Diablo 3. You don't have be a blizzard fanboy to disagree with that. Hell, Bastion doesn't even have any co-op/multiplayer and yet you claim it offers more?

He was talking about originality so I assume that is what he meant when he said Bastion "offers more".

I must be unique or something, I'm fine with Diablo 3, and all it entails. I also don't mind Origin or Battlelog. Time to get more hobbies.

I disagree. I'm oldtime gamer, who believes, that it's me, not the company, that decide when to play. I do believe that all I need to play the game is to install the game on my HDD and then have fun with single player part of it.

I disagree. I'm oldtime gamer, who believes, that it's me, not the company, that decide when to play. I do believe that all I need to play the game is to install the game on my HDD and then have fun with single player part of it.

No kidding. That is how it was for a LONG time, and now all of a sudden companies start locking this shit down and if you disagree with the new way they are going you are "entitled". :rolleyes:

Yes, so ironic that a Diablo 3 fan would be posting in diablo 3 related forums hahaha.

i·ro·ny/ˈīrənē/
Noun:
The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Yes, so ironic that a Diablo 3 fan would be posting in diablo 3 related forums hahaha.

i·ro·ny/ˈīrənē/
Noun:
The expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

Theres already a Diablo 3 fan thread(s)...this is not one of them. I would says it's more a critique of Diablo 3 thread than anything. You can post anywhere you like but expect backlash in a thread like this.

Good luck with that. You need steam to authenticate some of the best single player games for PC last year including

Skyrim
Deus Ex HR.

Good luck with that. You need steam to authenticate some of the best single player games for PC last year including

Skyrim
Deus Ex HR.

And I can play them in offline mode. Though, calling Deus Ex "best single player game"... that's overkill. :p (didn't like it)

Never did I mention anything about the quality of the service being provided. It is apparent that they weren't properly prepared for this launch as the servers are still having issues. I was kicked off 3-4 times last night while playing with friends.

Also... Grats? If you didn't play BF3 then clearly my statement wasn't aimed at you.

My internet is fine. Blizzard is the one having issues. I also didn't buy BF3.

You are right, there were tons of complaints about the Battlelog system and having to use Origin. While somewhat linked to the DRM argument I wouldn't call it a direct connection. I hate Origin and the Battlelog, but not because of the DRM but because it's just straight up stupid.

The DRM argument now is nothing but a cop-out to hate on Blizzard. Ever since they combined with Activision people have been progressively hating more and more. Possibly because of the way WoW ha been treated which is understandable.

Actually, a TON of people complained about having to use Origin/Battlelog for BF3.

I'm not exactly new to computer games. I've been playing since I was 10 which puts me at 13 yearsof doing it. While that may not be a long time compared to many people on this forum I would still classify it as a seasoned computer gamer. The fact is that DRM is the new way for companies to stop piracy. D3 is not the first peice of software and it won't be the last. So why the REDICULOUS amount of backlash at Blizzard? It's not like they are pioneering DRM. As I already stated. It's nothing but Blizzard hate.

MorgothPI said:

Before anyone decides to say it, I'm not a "fanboy" I still disagree with many things Blizzard is doing, but DRm isn't one of them.

The fact is that DRM is the new way for companies to stop piracy. D3 is not the first peice of software and it won't be the last. So why the REDICULOUS amount of backlash at Blizzard? It's not like they are pioneering DRM. As I already stated. It's nothing but Blizzard hate.

Erm... Okay... How much piracy has DRM actually stopped? In fact, it's more likely that you will be able to play a game with crazy DRM when it's cracked/pirated with less hassle than legit users, and there has been a lot of discussion about this in the past as well.

It's not Blizzard hate to not want a game to require you to connect to their servers in order to play the game "single player". People had the same complaint about BF3, but the difference there is that all of the single player assets were client-side, so technically you could crack it and play SP without being online (not advocating piracy, but if you have a legit copy of the game). With Diablo 3 it is sounding like many of the game assets can only be accessed via the server and you are basically playing an MP game by yourself, seeing as you can still get lag when playing solo.

The only reason why you are seeing a "REDICULOUS" amount of backlash is because Diablo 3 is an extremely highly-anticipated title, 12 years in the making. The amount of backlash is usually directly proportional to the popularity/expectations of a title.

Erm... Okay... How much piracy has DRM actually stopped? In fact, it's more likely that you will be able to play a game with crazy DRM when it's cracked/pirated with less hassle than legit users, and there has been a lot of discussion about this in the past as well.

It's not Blizzard hate to not want a game to require you to connect to their servers in order to play the game "single player". People had the same complaint about BF3, but the difference there is that all of the single player assets were client-side, so technically you could crack it and play SP without being online (not advocating piracy, but if you have a legit copy of the game). With Diablo 3 it is sounding like many of the game assets can only be accessed via the server and you are basically playing an MP game by yourself, seeing as you can still get lag when playing solo.

The only reason why you are seeing a "REDICULOUS" amount of backlash is because Diablo 3 is an extremely highly-anticipated title, 12 years in the making. The amount of backlash is usually directly proportional to the popularity/expectations of a title.

how has DRM not stopped piracy ? hahahah have you ever played on a wow private server its impossible to replicate the real servers and they always fail hard trying to do so? and dont use starcraft 2 as an example because it doesnt have server side data like diablo 3 does.

how has DRM not stopped piracy ? hahahah have you ever played on a wow private server its impossible to replicate the real servers and they always fail hard trying to do so? and dont use starcraft 2 as an example because it doesnt have server side data like diablo 3 does.

He was talking about "always online DRM" in single player games. Mav and me do not question the need of online connection in multiplayer shooters or MMOs, we question the need of it in single player games.

And look at Ubi - their "always online" scheme ended in people torrenting the games and still playing and enjoying.

On the other hand, CD PRojekt's approach for DRM in Witcher 2 just rocks, and should be copied by all other companies.

You are right, there were tons of complaints about the Battlelog system and having to use Origin. While somewhat linked to the DRM argument I wouldn't call it a direct connection. I hate Origin and the Battlelog, but not because of the DRM but because it's just straight up stupid.

The DRM argument now is nothing but a cop-out to hate on Blizzard. Ever since they combined with Activision people have been progressively hating more and more. Possibly because of the way WoW ha been treated which is understandable.

SP BF3 doesn't lag/disconnect/kill your character if your wife/kids start streaming Netflix/your internet goes down/your internet slows down because of everyone getting home from work/EA's servers going down/etc.

Go search torrents for your favorite games....

Did you guys ever play D2 single player? Ok you did, now did you ever use a cheat device? No...

Ok well if you did it completely invalidated the single player. I can't tell you how many Baal runs I did in Diablo 2 and honestly doing those on the single player campaign would have just been completely retarded.

Part of the appeal of doing those runs was for the gear they dropped so you could create my most epically badass character on the servers and for the ladders.

Honestly the game wasn't in the top sellers list for 8 years because of some single player.

Having the always on connection requirement completely eliminates any cheaters etc, which were rampart in Diablo 2.

what games do you speak of specifically? I feel like you don't understand. What games that are DRM and have server side data instead of client side have been properly pirated? Because thats the point the server side / client side relationship is what prevents cheating and piracy and obviously that relationship cant exist without DRM.

SP BF3 doesn't lag/disconnect/kill your character if your wife/kids start streaming Netflix/your internet goes down/your internet slows down because of everyone getting home from work/EA's servers going down/etc.

You could make the same argument with BF3. Seriously that is a personal problem. Out of the hours I have spent in the last 2 years playing single player games I think only like 8 hours were spent beating the single player campaign for BF3. The rest was playing online, which like you I have the same issue.

I am honestly shocked at the number of people complaining about the single player Diablo. I never played single player Diablo nor did I know anyone who created a single player level 99 character in Diablo 2.

WoW is better on private servers. You can pick a server that runs a version before it started to completely suck or a server that lets you raid from the start, the communities aren't full of 12 year olds, the GMs and players run events, and all sorts of other things.

The only game it has stopped has been single player games.

Games like BF2/BC2/BF3/SC2/WoW it hasn't touched and on the comments of many torrent sites people will say "stop being a cheap ass and buy the game if you want to play online". Hell even the people doing the cracks say that in the release files.

You could make the same argument with BF3. Seriously that is a personal problem. Out of the hours I have spent in the last 2 years playing single player games I think only like 8 hours were spent beating the single player campaign for BF3. The rest was playing online, which like you I have the same issue.

I am honestly shocked at the number of people complaining about the single player Diablo. I never played single player Diablo nor did I know anyone who created a single player level 99 character in Diablo 2.

Some of us do not need lev 99 single player character. We play *le gasp* to enjoy story, classess and such. I've never played the D2 characters more then once... but I did play it on every class. Then I never touched this game.

WoW is better on private servers. You can pick a server that runs a version before it started to completely suck or a server that lets you raid from the start, the communities aren't full of 12 year olds, the GMs and players run events, and all sorts of other things.

it's not a question of whether you like it better or not; thats an opinion which is irrelevant. The point is; it has never been perfectly replicated and generally its a lot more work than just buying the game.

what games do you speak of specifically? I feel like you don't understand. What games that are DRM and have server side data instead of client side have been properly pirated? Because thats the point the server side / client side relationship is what prevents cheating and piracy and obviously that relationship cant exist without DRM.

You never specifically stated online server side games so I replied with the same type of generic comment...do you honestly think that prevents all cheating?

You never specifically stated online server side games so I replied with the same type of generic comment...do you honestly think that prevents all cheating?

nope but warden does a pretty good job I'd say.

I and most of my D2 playing friends only played SP and LAN.

I never had the desire to hit 99. I play through a game once with a character and if the game was enjoyable enough I'll make a new character and try it again in a different way. Playing through the same game for the 100th time just to see the pachinko machine in action does not interest me.

I tried out one of those private servers and they did a pretty damn good job actually.

They had people working on the scripts all the time.

the point is not which games have or have not been pirated per se, the fact is that previous games with "always on" DRM have absolutely been pirated. D3 changes it with server side data, but that doesn't mean that its not a dick move by Blizzard. thousands of legitimate paying customers have had massive headaches as a result of this BS and its certainly not helping their sales pitch at all. There are almost zero benefits for the end user and player of SP to be had here, and any arguments you have on the contrary will pretty much just re-affirm your complete fanboy status

dremic said:
it's not a question of whether you like it better or not; thats an opinion which is irrelevant. The point is; it has never been perfectly replicated and generally its a lot more work than just buying the game.
You're assuming that people would actually want to "perfectly" replicate the WoW experience. If you can create your own experience on private servers that is better than the original (in the gamer's opinion) then its successful.

While upsetting a massive amount of legitimate people with online DRM...

lol massive is exaggerating heavily. Those of you upset are the minority. people who are happy with the game play instead of bitch. millions of copies have been sold. millions. If you counted up all the whiners youre a pretty small and insignificant part of the diablo 3 community. And thats just the people that bought the game. Theres plenty of whiners out there who are just whining to whine, they didnt even buy the game.

Why would it need to be "perfectly replicated"? Private server WoW normally only requires you to patch up to a certain version and then change one line in an ini file. That's a lot less work than setting up a Battle.net account.

Yea, Blizzard has effectively made WoW and D3 piracy impossible so there goes the complaint that DRM doesn't hurt pirates.

lol massive is exaggerating heavily. Those of you upset are the minority. people who are happy with the game play instead of bitch. millions of copies have been sold. millions. If you counted up all the whiners youre a pretty small and insignificant part of the diablo 3 community. And thats just the people that bought the game. Theres plenty of whiners out there who are just whining to whine, they didnt even buy the game.

Do you work for Blizzard...seriously? Have you not see Metacritic scores, read reviews, articles, hech even Blizzard sent out an official apology? WTF is wrong with you?

Back