Diablo III is getting killed on Metacritic

There is a lot of confusion around this right now, the problem is through the auction house your buying higher level gear than your current place in the game will drop. Gear is assigned a level between one and sixteen. So players are constantly ahead of them selves and get frustrated because the items they get are seemingly crappy to spite the fact that they would otherwise be the best level of gear you could receive at the time with out an outside influence like the AH.

Also MF in diablo 3 effects the quality of loot not just quantity, stack it at level 60, with full valor buff you probably want to be sitting near 250-300%. At the moment though that requires an investment of at least five million gold.

Are you dense? Try thinking critically for a second bud. The drops are much lower than your current level because ol' Blizzy WANTS to direct you to the AH, especially in the hopes that you see something on the RMAH you just HAVE to have! The game was designed from the ground up for this. Just look at the ridiculous scaling of gear even between a few levels, i.e. a top-end lvl 49 wep compared with a top-end lvl 51 wep. The damage difference is pretty big. Here I'll spell it out: YOU ARE INTENTIONALLY BEING FUNNELED INTO THE AH TO CONSTANTLY UPGRADE YOUR GEAR AND HOPEFULLY MAKE A PURCHASE FROM THE RMAH. DERPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Are you dense? Try thinking critically for a second bud. The drops are much lower than your current level because ol' Blizzy WANTS to direct you to the AH, especially in the hopes that you see something on the RMAH you just HAVE to have! The game was designed from the ground up for this. Just look at the ridiculous scaling of gear even between a few levels, i.e. a top-end lvl 49 wep compared with a top-end lvl 51 wep. The damage difference is pretty big. Here I'll spell it out: YOU ARE INTENTIONALLY BEING FUNNELED INTO THE AH TO CONSTANTLY UPGRADE YOUR GEAR AND HOPEFULLY MAKE A PURCHASE FROM THE RMAH. DERPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Yes, we know this. There's no reason to go apeshit on the guy though. :p

WoW week one was a night mare. Seriously outside of day 1 and 2 has been smooth sailing so far.

I am pretty close to asking for one myself, this is such BS that they have this many issues...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150109977#9
If you purchased the game, you can get it refunded as long as the receipt shows the purchase date in the last 30 days at the time a refund is requested. If the game was added to your account via the World of Warcraft Annual Pass there's nothing that can be refunded as it was never purchased.

For more information, please contact our Billing Department.

Billing representatives are on hand to take your call between 7am to 8pm Pacific Time, 7 days a week at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (1-800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378.

D3 getting killed at Meta? 70% of all games getting trashed by those socialy deranged cellardwellarz on that site. Once they hit Inferno> Hell mode and cannot 1 hit everything the game gotta be shit.
On multi they look at your gear first ....and if you dont match their theorycraft 99%they just leave . So thats the kind of ppl reviewing on metacritic
ON blizzards forums theres the hardest bunch of mentally defunctional ppl ive ever seen in connection to a game .All they can create is a steaming pile upon everthing they interact with.

D3 vis a very good game .....is it awesome? ...certainly not but it at least challenges you

In this post you bash on everyone who complains about the game, yet don't address any of the complaints, this is a sign of being a fanboi.

fanboy calling gets old m8 , thats what the likes of you call everyone who doesnt go on par
with your opinion.
And youre wrong Blizzard was never an extraordinary developer, they just happened to release the right thing at the right time.With that in mind an overdue of 10+ years for D3
it seems that at least on salenumbers they did hit the right timing again.

There is no "right timing," they are using their reputation gained from D1 and D2 to sell D3.

I was playing last night fine -- after the patch today I logged back in and my level 53 Monk is stripped and naked.

Never had a problem before, havent signed up for any sites, clicked on any email, or installed any programs. my password is nothing you could find in a dictionary or phrase list. I find it funny RIGHT after the patch a HUUUUGE majority of people woke up to find their accounts stripped.

I wrote into support and put in a ticket to have my account rolled back. I have an authenticator as well.

I was happy to play and defend the game up until this point. I realize nothing is perfect but they shoved this "always on" DRM down our throats to prevent EXACTLY this.

Funny after 10 years my Diablo2 account has never been hacked. Something is wrong SERVER SIDE with this issue.

If they can't restore my character I'm requesting a refund, (which I know they will not do) I will be more than happy to do a chargeback via my credit card for a product that does not work as intended.

Yes - I'm going to be one of "those" guys. I spend 60 without hesitation thinking it was going to be an awesome experience. It wasn't perfect, and it wasn't worth 60 dollars but I soldiered on and *WAS* enjoyed myself. The fact they have these problems with a system designed from the beginning to be secure tells me its simply BROKEN.

If I buy a ladder from walmart and it works for 2 weeks and then breaks because of a weakness in the bolts, I'm taking it back and getting my money back. If Blizzard wants to fight me for that 60 I'm more than ready.

It's amazing how quickly you have have someone who supported the game, the DRM, the implementation, the changes, and every thing else... can quickly change their tune to be one of the guys telling anyone and everyone to not buy it.

I was playing last night fine -- after the patch today I logged back in and my level 53 Monk is stripped and naked.

Never had a problem before, havent signed up for any sites, clicked on any email, or installed any programs. my password is nothing you could find in a dictionary or phrase list. I find it funny RIGHT after the patch a HUUUUGE majority of people woke up to find their accounts stripped.

I wrote into support and put in a ticket to have my account rolled back. I have an authenticator as well.

I was happy to play and defend the game up until this point. I realize nothing is perfect but they shoved this "always on" DRM down our throats to prevent EXACTLY this.

Their online only requirement is not to prevent you or anyone else from being hacked.

So do you really think your account was hacked or something server side? Considering it conveniently happened right after a patch.

Let me know what Blizzard says about your account and the authenticator thing, curious to know myself as would others I'm sure.

Also, how long have you had the authenticator on your account?

so I'm on the line trying to get a refund. The expected wait time is 37 minutes, Jesus! Just a heads up for anyone doing the same thing as me

Overall I think everyone thinks this is a shit game.

Yet we continue to play it. It still has some of the core addictive game play we all remember.

Overall I think everyone thinks this is a shit game.

Yet we continue to play it. It still has some of the core addictive game play we all remember.

It's not a shit game. It's just a 7/10 game. Good, but fails to meet the hype train.

Honestly, if they had tossed most of the story and put in more content, maybe some of that content they teased a couple years ago, I wouldn't have an issue. Maybe make the game a little creepy.

It absolutely feels like it's waiting for an expansion, or DLC.

so I'm on the line trying to get a refund. The expected wait time is 37 minutes, Jesus! Just a heads up for anyone doing the same thing as me

Took me a little over an hour and 15, with a estimated wait time of 42 min last night. After you speak to someone and request a refund, your refund confirmation email should come in a few hours...I spoke to someone a little after 9 PM EST and got mine 12:12 AM EST

Took me a little over an hour and 15, with a estimated wait time of 42 min last night. After you speak to someone and request a refund, your refund confirmation email should come in a few hours...I spoke to someone a little after 9 PM EST and got mine 12:12 AM EST

Very cool. I was surprised how easy it was when the guy answered. I literally confirmed it was me, said I want a refund, boom he said that was all. I couldn't hear him the best, they say it takes 5-7 business days correct?

Funny after 10 years my Diablo2 account has never been hacked. Something is wrong SERVER SIDE with this issue.

If they can't restore my character I'm requesting a refund, (which I know they will not do) I will be more than happy to do a chargeback via my credit card for a product that does not work as intended.

Yes - I'm going to be one of "those" guys. I spend 60 without hesitation thinking it was going to be an awesome experience. It wasn't perfect, and it wasn't worth 60 dollars but I soldiered on and *WAS* enjoyed myself. The fact they have these problems with a system designed from the beginning to be secure tells me its simply BROKEN.

If I buy a ladder from walmart and it works for 2 weeks and then breaks because of a weakness in the bolts, I'm taking it back and getting my money back. If Blizzard wants to fight me for that 60 I'm more than ready.

It's amazing how quickly you have have someone who supported the game, the DRM, the implementation, the changes, and every thing else... can quickly change their tune to be one of the guys telling anyone and everyone to not buy it.

(snip)

Blizzard claims that zero people with authenticators have been hacked, while I FIRMLY believe that there is something more going on than just people getting phished/keylogged, is there any way you could post your Battletag as well as proof that you did have an authenticator active at the time of the hack?

This would go LOOOONG way in shutting up the rabid Blizz-white-knights who claim that there is zero fault on their end.

------

Regardless of the hacking issue, the game has been a disaster so far for me.

-Launch day servers got raped, almost understandable, if it weren't from a company that has the MOST experience with these sort of things
-Took off tuesday, only to have 8hr maintenance, +2 hours, +more crashes, + Error 37, + Error 31074 (or whatever it is)
-Single player is constantly rubberbanding, lagging, etc
-The lag also seems to kill framerate, and/or there is some weirdness in the engine with loading assets. I'm sitting at 700mb in VRAM, 100+ fps, but get massive stuttering at times for no apparent reason (i7 , 6870x2)
-Itemization is near-broken. Using the AH is not "required", but I've been level 60 for ~50 hours and have gotten only two legitimately "good" drops that might be "useable" in Inferno Act 2. That's cool and all, but some slots, particularly weapons (which factor massively in dps) simply don't have high enough damage for progression. Due to mobs enraging after a certain time period, you cannot simply dps-slow and play the survival game.
-The whole spec debate is moot. Some specs are far better than others, and due to the above, MANY specs are simply not useable past nightmare. Just like D2.
-Legendaries have no interesting / unique stats.

That's just a few things.

I guess at least Blizzard allows you to get a refund. Most companies you'd be SOL.

It is fairly interesting, I've been seeing a LOT of that lately. Clearly there is a problem somewhere.

Back