Diablo III Fixes Coming Next Week

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
According to Battle .net, Blizzard will be releasing an update/patch next week that will address bugs and other known issues not covered by recent hotfixes. Blizzard has also announced the company will be delaying the release of Auction House (again).

Blizzard also stressed that Diablo III does not have a security problem. "First and foremost, we want to make it clear that the Battle.net and Diablo III servers have not been compromised," the company said.

The largest bug about Diablo 3 is that its not a diablo game. Its some sort of a mishmash of WoW and ... i have no idea, but nothing about this game is "diablo."

Its sad too... It could have been great, but it looks like their WoW devs did enough sucking up that in the end, they got their way. That' just a guess, but since the game is nothing like diablo 2 - and I do mean NOTHING, the only thing I can compare it to is a gimped WoW.

I am enjoying the game, but I am not that far in. Act 1 still. I do not enjoy the lag that pops up sometimes. Nothing like single player lag...

The largest bug about Diablo 3 is that its not a diablo game.

Diablo interface, Diablo viewpoint, Diablo lore, Diablo setting, Diablo equipment, Diablo enemies, and most importantly, Diablo clicking. What about this isn;t Diablo? Or is it just that the extended use of colour isn't to your liking?

Diablo interface, Diablo viewpoint, Diablo lore, Diablo setting, Diablo equipment, Diablo enemies, and most importantly, Diablo clicking. What about this isn;t Diablo? Or is it just that the extended use of colour isn't to your liking?

I agree. I think some just want to rag on the game.

People who think that the game is all colors and sunshine should see Leoric's manor. The scenery beneath the manor just reeks of Diablo 1.

07-minister.jpg

"First and foremost, we want to make it clear that the Battle.net and Diablo III servers have not been compromised," the company said.

I share the same sentiment with Blizzard devs when it comes to people complaining about Diablo 3 having too much color or not being dark enough.

Welcome to Whimsyshire

Sucks to be the gold/item farmers who planned on making it big with the real money auction house.

Definitely a worthy addition to the Diablo franchise. It's a blast partying up with 3 friends. Currently in Act IV of Nightmare with a 48 Barb. You need a balanced party or you're dead. If you don't get the point of Diablo games, then you ought to withhold your comments disparaging it.

Regarding the fixes/patch. The Auction House was a necessity. In Diablo II, d2jsp, and the numerous loot sites is what A LOT of people turned to in order to get the best gear. Now you can get it in house, and players can sell their items and earn gold, while buyers can spend their gold rather than their cash, if they so choose. Still holding out on using it, though. I'll eventually cave after I get to level 60.

The largest bug about Diablo 3 is that its not a diablo game. Its some sort of a mishmash of WoW and ... i have no idea, but nothing about this game is "diablo."

Its sad too... It could have been great, but it looks like their WoW devs did enough sucking up that in the end, they got their way. That' just a guess, but since the game is nothing like diablo 2 - and I do mean NOTHING, the only thing I can compare it to is a gimped WoW.

10char. D3 is a money-grab and nothing more. Look no further than the paid auction house (every sale of which Blizzard takes a 15% cut) for your proof.

I'm almost done with this game at this point. Inferno Act 2+ is near impossible unless you're decked out with high armor/resist gears. Can't even farm Act 1 because you need Act 2+ gear to even get past some of the elites/champions. I really enjoyed Normal, Nightmare, and Hell. Inferno is just a big pain in the ass. Also the drops are very inconsistent, how can they expect me to sit there and kite an elite that have molten, vampiric, jail, and extra health and all it drop was two blues and 500 gold.

Well, Inferno's just a huge gear check. Not sure why Blizzard went that route. Could be challenging mechanics take more time to program and balance, or it could be that by promoting a gear check difficulty they in turn promote use of the AHs.

Well, Inferno's just a huge gear check. Not sure why Blizzard went that route. Could be challenging mechanics take more time to program and balance, or it could be that by promoting a gear check difficulty they in turn promote use of the AHs.
Inferno isn't tuned yet. That's why. It's like pretty much every WoW instance ever, the later content isn't tuned yet because

a) they don't want everyone beating it right away
b) they spent the majority of their time tuning content that most players will actually be playing, aka normal/nightmare and hell.

I don't know why this is so surprising, unless the last Blizzard game you played was Diablo 2.

07-minister.jpg

"First and foremost, we want to make it clear that the Battle.net and Diablo III servers have not been compromised," the company said.

For real. Not compromised? How do they explain how people are getting hacked with authenticators? Even if you did have something an authenticator should eliminate it as a factor.

Thanks for not explaining anything and as usual giving us a PR spin instead.

Well, I guess I hoped they'd have it closer to being well tuned considering how quickly one can get to Inferno (it's not like an MMO where it takes the majority months to get to end-game :p)

Even so, tuning isn't really the issue, I think. If they tuned it lower than it currently is it'd be too easy simply because the mechanics aren't there.

I just wish they could get a working ignore or report function in the game. I am sick of being forced to see the lame ass spammers because you have no way of ignoring them....

For real. Not compromised? How do they explain how people are getting hacked with authenticators?

They've said they haven't found even one confirmed report of someone being compromised with an authenticator attached to their account. It's just a retarded rumor that gets around because Blizzard's playerbase is about as technically savvy as your grandma.

Traditional or not, I was hacked yesterday. Logged in and my character was naked. Empty inventory, no gold, and any good stuff from stash missing =(

I now have an authenticator. Learned a lesson I did.

They've said they haven't found even one confirmed report of someone being compromised with an authenticator attached to their account. It's just a retarded rumor that gets around because Blizzard's playerbase is about as technically savvy as your grandma.

Highlighted portions for you to consider. They also say they haven't been compromised. They say a lot of crap. :p

Highlighted portions for you to consider. They also say they haven't been compromised. They say a lot of crap. :p
Blizzard confirms that Blizzard did nothing wrong! Thanks for that reassurance, Blizzard!
All the naysaying customers are apostates and liars.

I hope they realize when the RMAH is in game they can no longer pull a "security is the responsibly of the user" defence. Since real money is going to be involved it will also be their job to protect the money like any financial institution has to.

The game is so-so at best, not terrible, but not amazing.

Once you hit Inferno, there aren't builds anymore. It's stack 3-4 defensive skills, have 1-2 active attack skills. Everyone is pretty much reduced to the same build.

Same with items... Does it have + Resist All, + Main Stat, + Vit? If not, throw it away! Same with Gloves without attack speed...

Talk about customization they constantly yammered on about.

Once you hit Inferno, there aren't builds anymore. It's stack 3-4 defensive skills, have 1-2 active attack skills. Everyone is pretty much reduced to the same build.

Same with items... Does it have + Resist All, + Main Stat, + Vit? If not, throw it away! Same with Gloves without attack speed...

Everyone knew what the "increased customization" slant meant. Diablo 2 had the ultimate level of customization, so "increasing" it could only mean one thing: dumbing the game down for the moronic unwashed masses to play without ragequitting.

Hmm, auto-stat allocation is "increased customization"? Hmm, making item stats less complicated and diverse is "increased customization"? They were even toying with the idea of BoP items in D3 for a while if I remember correctly.

It'd be pretty easy for someone to come out and say "Hey, I got hacked with an authenticator." and actually prove it. Instead they make a post on the Blizzard forums, usually getting called out by Blizzard for not actually having one attached to their account, and then never make any attempt to back up their claims.

With all the cries over the years of "I had an authenticator and got hacked anyway!" no one has ever come forward with actual proof...

Just the fact the Auction House is delayed once again hints to me Blizzard is having some serious security issues.

It'd be pretty easy for someone to come out and say "Hey, I got hacked with an authenticator." and actually prove it. Instead they make a post on the Blizzard forums, usually getting called out by Blizzard for not actually having one attached to their account, and then never make any attempt to back up their claims.

With all the cries over the years of "I had an authenticator and got hacked anyway!" no one has ever come forward with actual proof...

Underlined again. So the "we have not been compromised" people also say their authenticators are infallible? I am shocked.

Anyway, this is ridiculous, you should not need to shell out money, or use some stupid phone application to secure something which should be more secure anyway. There are next to no games which use this stupid system. Steam doesn't have some silly dongle or phone activation to make itself secure. Its just a lazy stupid band aid to allow them to be more lazy and stupid and blame others that didn't invest in their laziness and stupidity. If they fixed their shit, if there is even anyone there competent enough to do so (doubtful) they wouldn't need a stupid key. This scheme will just allow them to carry on with subpar security.

something which should be more secure anyway.

Well, I can agree there. Their password system isn't even case sensitive (and they blame the user for poor security precautions :p).

If they haven't been compromised wth are they supposed to say? Anyways, 3 of my friends were hacked and none of them had an authenticator, and it would appear that as of now everyone claiming to be hacked here on the [H] forums didn't have an authenticator either.

Normally I side with the companies, but with the rampant amount of hacking reports it is just prudent to attach an extra security option.

Oh and lots of MMO's use extra security options, Tera, Rift, and SW:ToR just to name a few new ones.

There was one a long time ago in WoW. Blizzard announced it right away, told people what to look out for and advised every one to scan their pc to make sure they themselves didn't have the trojan. A couple years back, on one random weekend, there was a huge influx of hacked WoW accounts, the "experts and wiz's" came out of the woodwork claiming that Blizz was compromised because they did nothing wrong. Well, it turned out people hadn't updated Flash and got popped by that.

Underlined again. So the "we have not been compromised" people also say their authenticators are infallible? I am shocked.

They've never said that, in fact they said:

In the end, while no security method is 100% foolproof, the physical Battle.net Authenticator and Battle.net Mobile Authenticator app are great ways to provide your account with an extra layer of protection.

If you're getting hacked with an authenticator (keyfob or app) someone with physical access to your devices has done it or you have a trojan.

Steam doesn't have some silly dongle or phone activation to make itself secure.

Sorry, I must've missed the memo where stealing virtual currency from Steam was big fucking business in Asia (like it is with every MMO). I'm going to need a citation on that since I've only seen accounts of items disappearing (TF2 hats) by the ways of social engineering, which is user error. If you're not doing everything if your power to make sure your accounts are safe (this includes an auth, not using a browser w/o noscript and adblock/flashblock, different and strong passes etc) I don't feel bad when your shit goes missing. I've had a WoW/bnet account for 7 (last 2 with a keyfob) years that has never been compromised. I've seen people hacked multiple times (in WoW) before they smartened up and protected themselves better.

As for passwords not being case sensitive I don't know why they did that, it was never like that back in the day. But, for all intents and purposes length is better than case when you're talking about brute forcing, since a keylogger will know if shift is pressed (can also read copypasta too). Just a read if you're thinking I'm talking out of my ass

Just the fact the Auction House is delayed once again hints to me Blizzard is having some serious security issues.

Or the fact that they actually care about making things right? You people with your conspiracies are just tools. PVP not available yet because it's not where they want it to be. Auction house has some bugs they have been fixing since release. It's a HUGE game with a HUGE playerbase. There are going to be bugs ffs.

Haha, that's exactly the stats for EQ equipment, main stat, stamina, resists.

As for passwords not being case sensitive I don't know why they did that, it was never like that back in the day. But, for all intents and purposes length is better than case when you're talking about brute forcing, since a keylogger will know if shift is pressed (can also read copypasta too). Just a read if you're thinking I'm talking out of my ass

Also... using the link you provided shows that one capitalization in a password makes a larger difference then one additional character, try plugging in some passwords to see. They even explain why on the page:

"The use of every type of character forces the attacker to search through the largest possible space. We must always assume that an attacker is as smart as possible (and most are). So, knowing that 41.69% of all passwords consist of only lowercase alphabetic characters, a smart attacker who is forced to resort to a brute force search won't initially bother spending time guessing passwords that contain uppercase, digits and symbols. Only after an all lowercase search out to some length has failed will an attacker decide that the unknown target password must contain additional types of characters.

So, in essence, by deliberately using at least one of each type of character, we are forcing the attacker to search the largest possible password space, because our password won't ever be found in any of the smaller spaces."

Btw, thanks for the link... the calculator is a pretty cool feature and I'm sure it will be useful in demonstrating to friends and family why a complex password is important.

Back