Diablo II Resurrected: Offical Thread

Ok so I never played this but am thinking about giving it a shot. Stupid question if I may... I see people complaining about servers being down but I'm reading the game isn't online only. Do you just need healthy servers for playing with friends and PVP?
No you can play in "offline" mode single player.

Dark Magic info:
When you do that, you can dupe items via the shared stash option. Save your main files outside of the save folder, put the item you want to dupe in your shared stash then copy your save file back into your D2 resurrected folder.

...Unless you're a social creature, then play MP. :wtf:

The closer you get to lvl 30 the faster things start ramping up.

I remember the best part of levelling a character is when you first beat Normal. Then you get to restart with new named items and the music of Act 1 again lol.
Yep, I used a trainer to level my guy to 30 and started out in Nightmare. Normal is too easy. Nightmare difficulty should be the default difficulty of the game.

Some people may consider that cheating. I don't care. I've beaten the game in the past 20 years more than I can count. I've earned my badge.

Yep, I used a trainer to level my guy to 30 and started out in Nightmare. Normal is too easy. Nightmare difficulty should be the default difficulty of the game.

Some people may consider that cheating. I don't care. I've beaten the game in the past 20 years more than I can count. I've earned my badge.

It's single player, I don't care if you train your guy to have a million hitpoints. Start where you want and how you want.

It's single player, I don't care if you train your guy to have a million hitpoints. Start where you want and how you want.
hah, I wouldn't go that far! I try to do things that would suck the fun out of the game. Is a million HP even possible?:p

hah, I wouldn't go that far! I try to do things that would suck the fun out of the game. Is a million HP even possible?:p

No idea (but probably not), I just remember fighting hacked guys in open and going, why am I even trying.....

Ok so I never played this but am thinking about giving it a shot. Stupid question if I may... I see people complaining about servers being down but I'm reading the game isn't online only. Do you just need healthy servers for playing with friends and PVP?
You can't take your offline characters online for multiplayer, and you can't take your online characters offline for single player. You can play online characters by yourself, but only if the servers and your network are up.

I'm in Act 2 now. I have garbage gear. Its all crap. I think I have one blue, the rest are all grey. I did find a rare 2H pike dealio, so that went onto my A2 Merc.

I forget. If I hire a new merc, what happens to all the gear on my previous merc? Is that all gone?

I'm in Act 2 now. I have garbage gear. Its all crap. I think I have one blue, the rest are all grey. I did find a rare 2H pike dealio, so that went onto my A2 Merc.

I forget. If I hire a new merc, what happens to all the gear on my previous merc? Is that all gone?

If you did not take it off, G o N e

Shop for some stuff at vendors. They can often carry some good affixes if you have the gold for it.

Shop for some stuff at vendors. They can often carry some good affixes if you have the gold for it.
yea, its a work in progress. I'm having a hard start. I'm 15 now and I can feel it ramping up though. Merc does just about all the killing.

Just played for about an hour or so and took out the first cave, pretty fun so far! Went with sorceress, idk why really, fire n boobs I guess.
Make a leaf runeword as soon as you can. You can also find 2 socket staff find by going to akara and walking out of town (each time you walk out of town it resets, so make sure you have enough gold). You can find modifiers that are decent on staffs. (they start anywhere from like 3000gold to about 150k) Most of them will run under 65k)

edit - runewords only go into normal white items with sockets, they can't go into magic or rare items.

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-original.shtml

Last edited:
Make a leaf runeword as soon as you can. You can also find 2 socket staff find by going to akara and walking out of town (each time you walk out of town it resets, so make sure you have enough gold). You can find modifiers that are decent on staffs. (they start anywhere from like 3000gold to about 150k) Most of them will run under 65k)

http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/runewords-original.shtml
Countess dropped me Tir and Ral last night. Required level is 18 or something though, isn't it? The poopy thing is I'm Cold.

Countess dropped me Tir and Ral last night. Required level is 18 or something though, isn't it? The poopy thing is I'm Cold.

I'm pretty sure runewords are limited by the highest level rune. Looking at my old d2 guys, I'm about 99.99 percent sure.

I'm so fucking mana starved using my big boy level 30 skills that my Amazon needs to go to rehab for mana potion addiction

I'm so fucking mana starved using my big boy level 30 skills that my Amazon needs to go to rehab for mana potion addiction
Yawp. I get about five casts before I'm needing potions for my Cold Sorc. I keep having to go back to town to refill my belt.

Am I forgetting something about Runewords?

I had a blue gnarled staff that I added 2 sockets to. I put a Tir+Ral in and it did not turn into a Leaf.

What am I missing?

I really don't have any room to talk, since I did the same thing. In fact I put all my points into warmth.... :D

All the builds I’m reading about say put only one point there, I seriously thought it was the safest bet lol. Why isn’t it?

Diablo 2 Ressurected Runeword recipes & transmogs​

Basic recipes

• 3 Magic Rings = 1 Random Magic Amulet
  • 3 Magic Amulets = 1 Random Magic Ring
  • 3 Small Rejuvenation Potions = 1 Full Rejuvenation Potion
  • 3 Gems of the Same Type and Grade (lower than Perfect) = 1 Higher Grade Gem of the Same Type
  • 2 Quivers of Bolts = 1 Quiver of Arrows
  • 2 Quivers of Arrows = 1 Quiver of Bolts
  • 1 Spear + 1 Quiver of Arrows = 1 Stack of Javelins
  • 1 Axe + 1 Dagger = Throwing Axe
  • Strangling Gas Potion + any type of Healing Potion = 1 Antidote Potion

More advanced recipes

• 3 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item + Stone of Jordan = Add 1 Socket To a Rare Item
  • 1 Perfect Skull + 1 Rare Item + Stone of Jordan = 1 High Quality New Rare Item of the same type
  • 6 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item = 1 Random Low Quality Rare Item of the same type
  • 4 Health Potions (of any type) + Ruby (any type) + Magical Sword = A Magic Sword of the Leech
  • 3 Perfect Gems (of any type) + 1 Magic Item = 1 New Random Magic Item of the Same Type
  • 3 Perfect Gems (of any type) + 1 Grand Charm = 1 Grand Charm with Random Affix
  • 6 Perfect Gems (1 of each type) + 1 Amulet (Magic) = Prismatic Amulet
  • 1 Magic Ring + 1 Perfect Emerald + 1 Antidote Potion = 1 Jade Ring
  • 1 Magic Ring + 1 Perfect Ruby + 1 Exploding Potion = 1 Garnet Ring
  • 1 Magic Ring + 1 Perfect Topaz + 1 Rejuvenation Potion = 1 Coral Ring
  • 1 Magic Ring + 1 Perfect Sapphire + 1 Thawing Potion = 1 Cobalt Ring
  • 1 Magic Shield (any type) + 1 Spiked Club (any quality) + 2 Skulls (any quality) = Magic Shield of Spikes
  • Diamond (any quality) + 1 Staff (any type and quality) + 1 Kris (any quality) + 1 Belt (any type and quality) = Savage Polearm Class Weapon 3 Health Potions + 3 Mana Potions + 1 Chipped Gem = 1 Rejuvenation Potion
  • Any grade of health and mana potions can be used.
  • 3 Health Potions + 3 Mana Potions + 1 Gem (normal) = 1 Full Rejuvenation Potion
  • Any grade of health and mana potions can be used.
  • 3 Standard Gems (normal) and 1 Socketed Weapon (Any Type) = 1 Socketed Magic Weapon (of same type)
  • 3 Chipped Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
  • 3 Flawless Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon

Basic Rune recipes

• 3 Runes of the Same Type (Runes 1-9) = 1 Higher Level Rune
  • 3 El Runes -> 1 Eld Rune
  • 3 Eld Runes -> 1 Tir Rune
  • 3 Tir Runes -> 1 Nef Rune
  • 3 Nef Runes -> 1 Eth Rune
  • 3 Eth Runes -> 1 Ith Rune
  • 3 Ith Runes -> 1 Tal Rune
  • 3 Tal Runes -> 1 Ral Rune
  • 3 Ral Runes -> 1 Ort Rune
  • 3 Ort Runes -> 1 Thul Rune
  • 3 Thul Runes + 1 Chipped Topaz –> 1 Amn Rune
  • 3 Amn Runes + 1 Chipped Amethyst –> 1 Sol Rune
  • 3 Sol Runes + 1 Chipped Sapphire –> 1 Shael Rune
  • 3 Shael Runes + 1 Chipped Ruby –> 1 Dol Rune

The following rune upgrades will only work on Single-Player, open, or Ladder

• 3 Dol Runes + 1 Chipped Emerald –> 1 Hel Rune
  • 3 Hel Runes + 1 Chipped Diamond –> 1 Io Rune
  • 3 Io Runes + 1 Flawed Topaz –> 1 Lum Rune
  • 3 Lum Runes + 1 Flawed Amythest –> 1 Ko Rune
  • 3 Ko Runes + 1 Flawed Sapphire –> 1 Fal Rune
  • 3 Fal Runes + 1 Flawed Ruby –> 1 Lem Rune
  • 3 Lem Runes + 1 Flawed Emerald –> 1 Pul Rune
  • 2 Pul Runes + 1 Flawed Diamond –> 1 Um Rune
  • 2 Um Runes + 1 Topaz –> Mal Rune
  • 2 Mal Runes + 1 Amethyst –> Ist Rune
  • 2 Ist Runes + 1 Sapphire –> Gul Rune
  • 2 Gul Runes + 1 Ruby –> Vex Rune
  • 2 Vex Runes + 1 Emerald –> Ohm Rune
  • 2 Ohm Runes + 1 Diamond –> Lo Rune
  • 2 Lo Runes + 1 Flawless Topaz –> Sur Rune
  • 2 Sur Runes + 1 Flawless Amethyst –> Ber Rune
  • 2 Ber Runes + 1 Flawless Sapphire –> Jah Rune
  • 2 Jah Runes + 1 Flawless Ruby –> Cham Rune
  • 2 Cham Runes + 1 Flawless Emerald –> Zod Rune

Advanced Rune recipes

• 1 Tal Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Topaz + Normal Body Armor = Socketed Body Armor of same type
  • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal Weapon = Socketed Weapon of same type
  • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Normal Helm = Socketed Helm of same type
  • 1 Tal Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Ruby + Normal Shield = Socketed Shield of same type
  • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Sol Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Unique Weapon = Exceptional Version of Weapon
  • 1 Tal Rune + 1 Shael Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Normal Unique Armor = Exceptional Version of Armor
  • 1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon (Single Player and Ladder Only)
  • 1 Ko Rune + 1 Lem Rune + 1 Perfect Diamond + Exceptional Unique Armor = Elite Version of Armor (Single Player and Ladder Only)
  • 1 Ort Rune + 1 Amn Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Normal (Basic) Rare Weapon = Exceptional Rare Weapon
  • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal (Basic) Rare Armor = Exceptional Rare Armor
  • 1 Fal Rune + 1 Um Rune + 1 Perfect Sapphire + Exceptional Rare Weapon = Elite Rare Weapon
  • 1 Ko Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Exceptional Rare Armor = Elite Rare Armor
  • 1 Ort Rune + Weapon = Fully Repaired Weapon
  • 1 Ral Rune + Armor = Fully Repaired Armor
  • 1 Hel Rune + Scroll of Town Portal + Any Socketed Item = Remove items from sockets
NOTE: These recipes will destroy any gems, runes, or jewels you have socketed.

• 1 Ort Rune + 1 Chipped Gem (any kind) + Weapon = Fully Repaired and Recharged Weapon
  • 1 Ral Rune + 1 Flawed Gem (any kind) + Armor = Fully Repaired and Recharged Armor
  • 1 Twisted Essence of Suffering + 1 Charged Essence of Hatred + 1 Burning Essence of Terror + 1 Festering Essence of Destruction = Token of Absolution

Last edited:
All the builds I’m reading about say put only one point there, I seriously thought it was the safest bet lol. Why isn’t it?

It's technically one point for most builds. I use an energy shield build though. You never have enough energy with energy shield.

Nostalgia, and because I can.

Some of these design decisions, I really wonder

Someone 2 decades ago was like
"yeah running out of javelins every 2 minutes if you're throwing a lot and needing to go to town adds a lot to the game"

whispers around the room
"fuck he's right"

Last edited:
Some of these design decisions, I really wonder

Someone 2 decades ago was like
"yeah running out of javelins every 2 minutes if you're throwing a lot and needing to go to town adds a lot to the game"

whispers around the room
"fuck he's right"

It made a good balance of between picking up everything on the ground, having an inventory full of potions or charms, or arrows/bolts and javelins. They've discussed all these things over the years in various interviews. One of those thought processes- if you're going to range damage, you're going to pay for it. Lots of pots, or lots of arrows(and javs). It's meant to be a little annoying.

It made a good balance of between picking up everything on the ground, having an inventory full of potions or charms, or arrows/bolts and javelins. They've discussed all these things over the years in various interviews. One of those thought processes- if you're going to range damage, you're going to pay for it. Lots of pots, or lots of arrows(and javs). It's meant to be a little annoying.
Ha

On one level, I get that. On another, a considerable chunk of me playing is literally just me looking for potions on the ground and repairing my shit to replenish javelins.

Ultimately, it's not even added challenge but added busy work as the tradeoff.

Ha

On one level, I get that. On another, a considerable chunk of me playing is literally just me looking for potions on the ground and repairing my shit to replenish javelins.

Ultimately, it's not even added challenge but added busy work as the tradeoff.
Yeah, a merc with Insight is probably the biggest QOL buff you can give yourself. I decided to roll a Blade Fury Assassin and can't seem to find a decent weapon, so it's slow goin' right now.

Yeah, a merc with Insight is probably the biggest QOL buff you can give yourself. I decided to roll a Blade Fury Assassin and can't seem to find a decent weapon, so it's slow goin' right now.
Ya I'm on the verge of getting that.

Have 3 of the runes, think I just need to go whip the countess' ass a bit. What's an easy way to actually find a socketed polearm like that?

Try the vendor on a lower level character so they're white?

Ya I'm on the verge of getting that.

Have 3 of the runes, think I just need to go whip the countess' ass a bit. What's an easy way to actually find a socketed polearm like that?

Try the vendor on a lower level character so they're white?
If you can’t find one at a vendor or in the wild you can use the Act V Quest 1 reward to socket an item if you are desperate.

If you can’t find one at a vendor or in the wild you can use the Act V Quest 1 reward to socket an item if you are desperate.

I just wound up running around normal cows until I found one, then used the socket quest - worked fine. Normal cows stuff falls into the right item level range that a Voulge or something will get 4 sockets from it.

Now I just need to find some Sol runes. Did the countless like 4-5 times and she hasn't forked one over yet.

I just wound up running around normal cows until I found one, then used the socket quest - worked fine. Normal cows stuff falls into the right item level range that a Voulge or something will get 4 sockets from it.

Now I just need to find some Sol runes. Did the countless like 4-5 times and she hasn't forked one over yet.

I was lucky, I got the Sol rune second try from NM countess so I just need to find a Voulge.

Although I’m also thinking of making an Ort Sol Lore helm since my helm right now is garbage.

I think the Merc weapon is probably the better bet though.

Started playing this a couple days ago after crash course through Beta. On my way to Andariel I think I'm level 14. The 1 active skills at a time thing feels one dimensional. Such an adjustment coming from D3. Havent played this game in 20 years so it's like I'm starting fresh again.

Back