Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Y'know after I finished gearing my WD up so much (probably to the point where I can solo 80+), I'm... kind of losing interest. This is kind of what always happens. Work my butt off to make something happen... interest wanes.

Meh, those addons end up becoming a crutch and make you a worse player in the long run as you become lazy/dependant on them. There is no replacement for actual experience and knowing how to play the game well.

I sincerely believe you have no idea what you're talking about, because this addon in no way shape or form become a "crutch". It doesn't DO (ie execute commands) anything for you. It simply provides you with more data. In fact, it only lets you be a better player if your mind can actually process all of the information it gives you. If anything, I think the less skilled (and/or intelligent) players will be overwhelmed with just how much extra information the addon gives you. I've noticed that with this thing, clearing 73 and 75 on my WD was pretty much painless compared to how it was before. It simply gives you so much extra information. For instance, predicted map layout, predicted pylon locations, duration and AOE circles for elite ground effects... etc... None of this is a crutch. It'll assist you in clearing more reliably, but you still have to react and do all of the work yourself, and in no way shape or form will you be a "worse" player for it, ever. It's literally impossible.

Hell even if you don't use it for any of that, the way it scans all of your heroes' stashes for items is absolutely invaluable. I never have to wonder where something went now. It has a freaking search feature built into the manager application.

Anyway I've kinda given up on the 4p leaderboards and such. Honestly it's all about finding a party with that one good DPS. zWD and gMonk are are stupid easy to play (I know because I've used them both regularly); as usual scoring on the leaderboards for 4p is a matter of luck. All of the ingredients must come together. Something I don't have the patience for. That's why I gave up and just did solo for now.

enjoying my crusadar as hammerdin , i cant stand the steed charge or mage explosion spam builds... yet they do so well kind of annoyed with the face rolling builds they are making so strong...yet so boring, its like barb WW 2.0

feels like melee sheild bearers are far to squishy compared to the glass cannons, only thing i dont like with hammerdin build is the time it takes to build up the dps

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Putz-1218/hero/72851781

just found this thread, figure i'd join in. Was able to clear GR66 with my 2nd HC wizard this season a few days ago, sadly she was lost pushing 67. AO DMO build. Might go back to reg seasonal so I can push harder without fear of death next season. Love the rush though :)

x89uw9U.jpg

id like to know why mages and DH's have like 5x the toughness of shield bearers lol

id like to know why mages and DH's have like 5x the toughness of shield bearers lol
Mainly because for the longest Mages and DH's were the super squishy classes that no one wanted to play in Greater Rifts. This is simply the swing in the other direction so they get some love also....

Want to play this game, but it seems a weeee bit overwhelming.........how hard is it to pick up and learn - having never played DI or II.........?

Want to play this game, but it seems a weeee bit overwhelming.........how hard is it to pick up and learn - having never played DI or II.........?
It's point and click for the most part. There is a Hardocp clan. Plenty of members to lend a hand.

It's the arcade game of ARPGs: designed for anyone to pick up and play.

Big fan of D1 back in the day. How is the gameplay different from that?

I was a solo player, occasionally playing with a friend, is the solo game worth it? Is there a solo friendly game?

Solo game is playing online without a group. It has all the acts and weapons. Playing with other people just increases the difficulty and drop rates, no other gameplay changes.

I had a great time solo'ing the game and it's expansion....

Def one of my fav gaming experiences from last year.

Cleared solo GR81 over the weekend, was top 50 monk when I cleared it but dropped a few spots since.

KBqYwuP.jpg

Butterfly wings? lol what a joke.

Blizzard really tailoring to the Anime crowd now.

Who gives a shit about wings, how about you give us a proper Diablo gauntlet cursor and environment.

So, all I need to clear the season is the set dungeon achievement, is there anything a stinking casual wiz/DH can clear semi-easy? the only set I have so far is firebirds' finery...

Big fan of D1 back in the day. How is the gameplay different from that?

I was a solo player, occasionally playing with a friend, is the solo game worth it? Is there a solo friendly game?

D1 feels Doom-esque despite its medieval setting but D3 is somewhat toned down in comparison

D1 had very deliberate pacing and less emphasis on gear and more on potion chugging and kiting.

D3 is solo friendly (I never died once on normal the first time through and even at T5 its not too bad since every class has a 30 sec cooldown cheat death ability)

D1 is still my favorite despite its limitations but D3 is a great game and a great value and you can count on Blizzard to support it for years to come. They just patched D2 again!

Butterfly wings? lol what a joke.

Blizzard really tailoring to the Anime crowd now.

Who gives a shit about wings, how about you give us a proper Diablo gauntlet cursor and environment.

Umm, Koreans *MADE* StarCraft 1 a hit.

Go to a US con sometime. No shortage of people into butterflies and fairies and furries. If you don't like that stuff, that's fine - neither do a lot of us. Do what I do and stick to private games with your friends and you'll be fine.

That said they should totally support alternate cursors. And port D1 to the D3 engine. That would be rad.

I just watched a video of Diablo 1 and it looks really lame, but I guess it was actually quite fun and good looking for the time.
I looked at old games I used to love to play and for some reason I remember them looking much better. Probably something to do with how your memory works.

Yea- D1 was amazing because it was something new, and very well done on the mood / music / graphics. I don't think it aged very well, but ti would be interesting to see it redone in HD (or D3) and given a mild update.

Grats... which build? Inna's?
Thanks!
Yeah, Fists of Fury Inna/Shenlong. The other pushing build is also based on Inna's but uses EP and the set daibo but I really dislike the gameplay and you have to fish and I just can't stand doing that. The build I'm using is a lot more versatile as all you need is to maintain density throughout the rift.

Last edited:
more like back when d1 was out a normal monitor was 640x480 or800x600 and 1024x668 was the cats meow, so you could run full screen and it looked fine

now you run d1 or dII and its a window thats 4x6" on your screen and if you blow it up it looks like minecraft

Looks like the ban wave finally hit for people using bots. Gaby is banned once again. RIP 3500 paragon levels. Apparently whole clans have been wiped off the leader boards. A bunch of people from SoS are gone as well. I'm glad this finally happened so the leader boards can actually be competitive again.

Looks like the ban wave finally hit for people using bots. Gaby is banned once again. RIP 3500 paragon levels. Apparently whole clans have been wiped off the leader boards. A bunch of people from SoS are gone as well. I'm glad this finally happened so the leader boards can actually be competitive again.

It's OK, they will be back in a few weeks. Blizzard bans them and then lets the back again, every single time.

Yea- D1 was amazing because it was something new, and very well done on the mood / music / graphics. I don't think it aged very well, but ti would be interesting to see it redone in HD (or D3) and given a mild update.

The gameplay aged well

Game balance on the other hand hasn't. Sorcerer was laughably overpowered compared to Warrior or Rogue (possibly combined), thanks to the 'Change my Mana pots into health pots, and I have more mana than your health' Mana Shield.

I still remember duping items in Diablo 1.

Everything was dial up back then so you just set something on the ground, walked away. Then click it to pick it up and clicked something else right before it was grabbed.

Can't count the number of times I set my 10 pieces of gold on the ground to start duping for a new character, haha.

Huge ban wave today got rid of a large number of botters, moved my GR82 clear up a few spots on the leaderboard. 100% legit with no crutches like turbohud.

YcNtk4X.jpg

Is TurboHud still non-bannable?

I still remember duping items in Diablo 1.
Back in D2, someone joined chat and said "My friend will show anyone who wants to dupe how to do it", I ended up waiting in a lobby for about 2 hours until some guy came in and showed me how to dupe using waypoints.

I duped and sold $1,000 worth of SoJs over the course of about 2 months.

GR107 XP run, spawned boss with 4 and a half minutes to spare but wizard isn't running Stricken gem and it's Choker. Nothing to do but leave :(

4DoWIAo.jpg

Back