Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

decided to pick up again after pretty much abandoning it several days into the season.

At this stage I think I will not be able to get the last season journey reward portrait frame... :( (Got the stash tab though)

Oh well, I am still working on my LoN Blessed Shield set. Just missing a couple of parts now (Ancient Cuirass, Ancient Jenkenbord (sp?), St. Archew's Gage, Faux Pox, and Andariel's Visage).

Huge ban wave today got rid of a large number of botters, moved my GR82 clear up a few spots on the leaderboard. 100% legit with no crutches like turbohud.

That's pretty cool that they banned the cheaters like that. I was watching some videos of the reactions on Youtube.

I just wanna think Blizzard for not starting the new season during the week of April 12th.

Did gaby get banned for botting?

I want to tag along on a GR100+ with some people just so I can experience it.

I just wanna think Blizzard for not starting the new season during the week of April 12th.

Did gaby get banned for botting?

Yes, that video documents the moment that him, his 4 man crew members, and over 1/2 his clan were banned for botting at the same time.

Wow, this game has changed a bunch since I last played it, before the exp came out. I might have to grap the exp and put some more time in.

Wow, this game has changed a bunch since I last played it, before the exp came out. I might have to grap the exp and put some more time in.
If you haven't played RoS, then you haven't played D3. That's all there is to say.
The game has changed drastically even after RoS' launch.

It's much easier now to gear up and feel like you can actually do damage without grinding 24/7 and having a bunch of luck.

If you haven't played RoS, then you haven't played D3. That's all there is to say.
The game has changed drastically even after RoS' launch.
I am kind of excited, then. Been a big fan of the series, and still remember playing Diablo 1, multiplayer even.

I am kind of excited, then. Been a big fan of the series, and still remember playing Diablo 1, multiplayer even.
Yeah I've been playing since 96 or 97, when D1 came out. Bought D2 & LoD both on their launch days, same with D3. Didn't get into RoS until a few months after it came out.
Crazy to think this series has been around for 20 YEARS, being there for every step of the way and still going back to D3 for new seasons.

But RoS is definitely better than LoD today, it took them like 4+ years of work but they finally got there lol.
I still miss the old Battle.Net, don't like the 'basic' chat/lobby system that D3 uses.

Yes, that video documents the moment that him, his 4 man crew members, and over 1/2 his clan were banned for botting at the same time.

Was the prick streaming on Twitch? Or some other service?

Why would that service allow him to stream while he cheats?

Was the prick streaming on Twitch? Or some other service?

Why would that service allow him to stream while he cheats?

He was streaming on Twitch. The thing is botters are never cheating while they stream otherwise they would get shut down immediately. Once the stream is off they can set their bots to go farm GR keys or do whatever it is they do.

On a positive note, there was a second ban wave yesterday. Good to see Blizzard isn't done with this yet.

He was streaming on Twitch. The thing is botters are never cheating while they stream otherwise they would get shut down immediately. Once the stream is off they can set their bots to go farm GR keys or do whatever it is they do.

On a positive note, there was a second ban wave yesterday. Good to see Blizzard isn't done with this yet.

Wow. I'm at work, so I can't listen to his reaction.

But here's hoping the fucker gets banned on Twitch as well.

EDIT: just realized the video's old. The douche still streams, sadly.

The world we live in today creates this conflict of interest - guy streams game and gets it publicity, but bots/cheats.

What do twitch streamers get out of streaming their gameplay? Do they get financial incentives?

I am just curious, I am not a fan of letting the world know that I suck at D3.

On topic: Finally got that damn Ancient Aquila Cuirass for the LoN, that thing was nigh impossible to find.

Now to find an Ancient Jekangbord...

And I think I might not be able to manage Season Journey this time, came back way too late for it... Missing GR 70 (managed to get to 69 last night), 3 65 gems (trivial, just 1 more level needed), level 70 HC (trivial), 3 conquests (not so trivial) and TX Malthael in 45s (should be easy).

What do twitch streamers get out of streaming their gameplay? Do they get financial incentives?

I am just curious, I am not a fan of letting the world know that I suck at D3.

On topic: Finally got that damn Ancient Aquila Cuirass for the LoN, that thing was nigh impossible to find.

Now to find an Ancient Jekangbord...

And I think I might not be able to manage Season Journey this time, came back way too late for it... Missing GR 70 (managed to get to 69 last night), 3 65 gems (trivial, just 1 more level needed), level 70 HC (trivial), 3 conquests (not so trivial) and TX Malthael in 45s (should be easy).
People donate money to them.

The conquests are definitely the toughest. I got my stash tab and am calling it quits on this season.

Yes! Squeaked through Firebirds' finery set dungeon! Lower damage weapon + disintegrate (fire variant) for lighting packs on fire, and carefully handling bosses (ran like Sir Robin). Not even close to the time limit, and only got 2 of 3 meteor hits, but who cares, good enough for me.

I managed to complete the season journey but yeah, the conquests are a pain in the a**....

I just came back to the game and noticed my old clan is gone. Is there a currently active [H] clan out there?

HOCP is still out there, just checked. As the season ends next week a lot of players may not be very active.

Doubt it. We have randoms join regularly, give it a day.
Well the weird thing is that it was sitting in my Clan Requests section and had 9 more days before expiring. Fast forward to this morning and the request is gone and I am unable to request to join again. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just submitted a request to join <HOCP>. I'm Cutsman#1722 in-game.

Yeah, I saw your request when I logged in late Saturday night (around 11 PST). When I went to add you, it said you were already in a clan. I left your request there and when I was on earlier today, your name wasn't on the list.

I just sent you a clan invite so hopefully you get it.

Yeah, I saw your request when I logged in late Saturday night (around 11 PST). When I went to add you, it said you were already in a clan. I left your request there and when I was on earlier today, your name wasn't on the list.

I just sent you a clan invite so hopefully you get it.
Ah that makes sense. I was confused as you could have multiple requests out even when in a clan. Just realized that the limits are 1 clan and 10 communities. Thanks for the invite!

I called Gabynator out back when he was running for world first 1000, on his stream. His white knights defended him.

I called him out on everything and glad to see he actually gets banned for botting. I checked his builds and I noticed it was made exactly for botting when he isn't "streaming". He dodged a lot of my questions

Does HardOCP have only competitive players, or is there a casual base as well (by casual, I mean doing whatever s/he feels like a good idea at the time, and not into the whole leaderboards thing)?

I might move to US server for S6, but it would depend on the lag, though I can't imagine it can be any worse than connecting to EU, and that wasn't too bad.

Does HardOCP have only competitive players, or is there a casual base as well (by casual, I mean doing whatever s/he feels like a good idea at the time, and not into the whole leaderboards thing)?

I might move to US server for S6, but it would depend on the lag, though I can't imagine it can be any worse than connecting to EU, and that wasn't too bad.
I'm not in the HOCP clan anymore, but it was always a pretty casual group for the most part.

Oh crap so I gotta log in and try to manage 7 stash tabs of stuff and my non-seasonal tabs!

It's like Spring cleaning, but my apartment is not getting any less messy!

I hate loading stuff into NS. I wish it would give an option to take all of your items and put them on a mule or something. I should just delete everything though, in 14 years of playing Diablo I have never played non-season even though I save everything.

Back