Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

The actual damage from the darts is greater than what it was before, you just get less darts, but the darts overall do more damage than the overall damage before, so the fetishes can now tank.

yeah i used the cube for tasker and theo for the melee guys, holy crap

then the neck for poison immunity... screw you reflect bastards

600ms to the PTR servers is so laggy for me. I think I have officially given up.

Yeah they were pretty laggy earlier for me too, came back from work and I'm getting better ping now than I do on live servers. Seems like they did something to fix it?

Has anyone seen PTR leaderboards? Sader and WD hitting 90+ GR while other classes are doing mid 80s.

Good, healbot got nerfed to the ground. They need to remove all crutches from the game.

Yeah they were pretty laggy earlier for me too, came back from work and I'm getting better ping now than I do on live servers. Seems like they did something to fix it?

Has anyone seen PTR leaderboards? Sader and WD hitting 90+ GR while other classes are doing mid 80s.

All classes are 80+, probably 100+ at this point because of the LoN set being overpowered. 800% damage for every ancient piece of gear LOL. They said they were just testing around though and it's getting nerfed hard.

All classes are 80+, probably 100+ at this point because of the LoN set being overpowered. 800% damage for every ancient piece of gear LOL. They said they were just testing around though and it's getting nerfed hard.

Yeah, that is pretty broken at this point LOL. And as someone pointed out, it applies to all skills too, so that can be pretty amazing on most classes.

Just tried out the new channeling weapon and source on my wiz along with mismatched gems, rings and a WD hellfire ammy. Went from barely able to finish GR29 (last time I played it) to being able to doing GR60. This is with Firebirds. :eek:

As the season nears its end I did one last push for the leaderboards. Cleared 70 solo (monk) and ranked in the top 400s and also cobbled a group together and cleared 81 (as zdps sader) on 4man ranked mid 700s.

pNkioTh.jpg

R8rAhFd.jpg

Gonna try and push with my Barb and WD to see if I can get them to at least 66 solo.

I am 60th on the wizards board. A little disappointed because at one point I was #2 and it went down hill from there.

Well it makes perfect sense. It's not about the #rank you get but the actual Greater Rift level than you can clear. To get to rank #60 in Non Season you only need a GR62 clear but in season to reach that same #60 rank you have to clear at least a GR68. Expect to drop more once more season players bother clearing the GR that they are capable of.

I went back to play PTR and made it to #7 on the NS solo monk leaderboard. Cleared GR78 in about 12 minutes quite easily, and I think I should be able to push to 80 with better cube enchants (used random lvl ~60 gems I had in stash instead of the 70+s I had in other characters 'cause I was too lazy). That should be enough to put me in the top10 solo monk leaderboard once the patch hits on the live servers.

oW0IS0C.jpg

New season on the horizon along with a massive patch with tons of new stuff, including expanding out old zones and adding new zones as well. New rifts,added stash tab, gear, game modes and more..

Expected to be released before January 15th

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/19941042

New season on the horizon along with a massive patch with tons of new stuff, including expanding out old zones and adding new zones as well. New rifts,added stash tab, gear, game modes and more..

Should be released tomorrow. I might hop on this weekend and check out some of the new stuff, but I probably won't be playing this season. Should be nice getting back into this game later this year when a ton of new content has been added.

What kind of AA does everyone use? Nvidia GPUs.

SGSSAA makes the game very blurry.
SSAA gives a really bad lighting/reflections bug, completely unusable.
MSAA doesn't look very good.

I haven't tried DSR since I play Windowed.

I just use the in-game AA or non at all. Usually I clear stuff so quickly that I really don't even notice small graphical details. Also the new patch just dropped for anyone wanting to test it before season on Friday. If you didn't get it, just restart your battle.net client.

Horrible rift with knockback mobs but still managed top 10 solo monk

qAh95JO.jpg

Patch is out now. The game seems to be responsive for me now. I wonder how long that will last before the super lag returns.

After the patch, the game's EXE hangs on exit and pins a core for me - I'm running DSR, not sure if that has anything to do with it just yet (will need more testing).

The new areas look pretty cool and I'm amazed that they keep coming up with new assets, areas, etc. Oddly enough maybe the difficulty has scaled or something, I was able to do T7 without really trying, but over the weekend it was a challenge.

I like that the DB's are now a different color. Had to get used to the new numbers the pop up when you attack something. I liked seeing the long string of numbers but the new style has grown on me.

I put the Travelers Pledge/Compass Rose combo on one of my DH's and it works pretty good.

One of my DH's had 30 million toughness before the patch and is now 59 million after the patch. not sure what they changed.

Am I imagining things or did they tweak the graphics in the patch? I could swear I'm seeing transparency and other lighting/graphics effects I haven't seen before.

There is a new zone in Act 5 I think it was, an Island. Looks pretty cool, has rain and water effects.

d3-island-1.jpg

d3-island-2.jpg

Slightly off topic, but my friend came by today and asked if I wanted to buy a cross bow, and since I play a Demon Hunter on D3, I bought it.
xbow-1.jpg

xbow-2.jpg

For me Diablo 3 is like best and worst games at one. Like the Diablo 2 before it, It takes amount of time to level up hardcore champion, feed him with love and joy of killing hoards of monsters and finding sweet legendaries, only to go visit the Great portal 50+ level and die in some shitty chains, frostbombs or swarm of flies.

I've had the itch to start the new season all week. 8pm can't come soon enough. I'm going to continue my tradition of starting with a Demon Hunter and it looks like they'll be pretty good this season. Should be loads of fun :D

Back