Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

So I'm trying out the set dungeon for uliana's but the density is so low and the monsters so far apart that I can't get 21 enemies together to kill them. I can't even aggro them to group up together because their health is so low that they're dead before I can do it. The largest group I've been able to manage to get together is a whopping 14 monsters :\

I had the same problem on my barb, I can't get enough mobs gathered to rend, it's like you've got to start taking gear off to do them or something, pretty piss poor job

I have like 5 or 6 people in my TeamSpeak planned for non hardcore season So could always use a couple more to fill out groups or what ever.

Also if someone here needs it they can use it for hardcore as well, i can always make more channels
wulfpack.kicks-ass.net
pw = bob

Have room for a top20monk/top100 wd type player? I have some people with me already but I'm open to other groups 'cause I always end up outpacing them.

Have room for a top20monk/top100 wd type player? I have some people with me already but I'm open to other groups 'cause I always end up outpacing them.

There is plenty of room in the TS for everyone, i have 3 channels set up atm, 5 of us are in the one and plan to split up into 2 and 3, and then there is another channel your group can use if you want.

So how is everyones grind going so far? I managed to hit P459 by the end of last night. I only have two ancients so far and I still haven't seen a gift yet which is killing me. I am so far up to conqueror on the journey. Hopefully I'll be able to knock out some of those challenges tonight.

I can't bring myself to level again from 1 to 70.

My non season characters 1 shot 3 mobs on t6 and level from 1 to 22.

It's just painful to go from scratch.

[L]imey;1042091257 said:
I can't bring myself to level again from 1 to 70.
My non season characters 1 shot 3 mobs on t6 and level from 1 to 22.
It's just painful to go from scratch.

Took me about 4 hours for my 1st seasonal toon. I can power leveling other toons in under an hour.

So how is everyones grind going so far? I managed to hit P459 by the end of last night. I only have two ancients so far and I still haven't seen a gift yet which is killing me. I am so far up to conqueror on the journey. Hopefully I'll be able to knock out some of those challenges tonight.

Did a Grift 69 yesterday which put my rank 13 on monk at the time, for non hardcore. paragon 562 atm.

Hot damn.

I was boosted by a friend up to 70 (and ended around p10) on Sunday night but haven't tried going for the last two pieces of the gift set so far. Running a Crusader and this is the first time running a season so it should be interesting. Trying to knock down the Season Journey up to Ch4 to get the pet... not really sure the missus and I play enough to warrant going all the way to Challenger or whatnot that's required for the extra stash tab reward.

Started out running a Shadow Armor DH but as soon as I got all the UE pieces I switched to multishot DH. Currently P lvl 338, mainly cause I am going more casual play this season. Did just finish Champion on the journey IIRC. Been nice to enjoy playing a DH again... :D

Started out running a Shadow Armor DH but as soon as I got all the UE pieces I switched to multishot DH. Currently P lvl 338, mainly cause I am going more casual play this season. Did just finish Champion on the journey IIRC. Been nice to enjoy playing a DH again... :D

I was very lucky at the start of the season. I had 5 pieces of UE and a RoRG very early on and have been using it ever since. That luck seems to have died out although I did find my first gift last night around P470. That was an easy +300k damage :D. I was debating saving it until I find a better yangs, but after reforging 6 last night and getting another ancient that was even worse then my current I decided to just use it. My current one has literal minimum damage % and minimum dex but I had to roll the +12 discipline on it. My new one rolled with +10 discipline and a socket. The damage rolls were absolute crap too. I'll probably grind some more bounties tonight and continue trying.

I stopped at P505 last night. It seems crazy how quickly I've gotten there but I expect it will slow down soon. I just need to complete one more conquest now to get my stash tab. I already did the 50 million gold conquest and honestly none of the rest look like fun. I'm sure the easiest will be doing a GR45 with no set, especially with a bunch of paragon points, but as I would like to finish the guardian journey again I'll have to do two more of them. I think doing GR55 with six class sets is going to be my last one since I hate doing the set dungeons. I usually roll two classes per season so as long as whatever my second class is has three sets (I think they all do anyway) I'll be fine.

So, I've returned to D3 After years of abandon to this game, the last time I played this game the Action House was present and paragon 100 means something, so a very long time ago, recently purchased Reaper of Souls as immediately noticed, most cool stuff and most good things basically require you to have RoS.. so here i am as a totally newbie asking for some advice, Im starting a Season with a Crusader to test it my 2 last used characters were a Monk and Wizard both paragon 100+ (just noticed a new unified paragon 2.0 system btw). so a lot of things to catch up here, any advice?.

My wizard speed farms T10 quite fast, although T8 is the sweet spot since everything dies with 1 explosive blast. Did a GR57 with him, could probably do mid to high 60's. Did a GR60 with my Barb, didn't go too bad although I'm missing a hellfire and furnace. I probably won't be able to push much for the next 4-5 weeks since I only have a rMPB and it's not all that great for gaming.

Did they remove the paragon requirement for T10?
Yesterday RW2112 and myself, both under Paragon 250 were in a T10 game. I thought it was strange since the day before T7-T10 required a certain paragon level to open a game.

We thought maybe it was a glitch or something and it added both of our paragon levels together which was over 250 combined. I wanted to test it solo so we both left the party and we were both able to open T10 games solo.

He joined back with me and I wanted to see what happens if someone with a very low paragon level came to our game so I invited a para 48 player, he was able to join and I asked him to leave and see if he could open a T10 game himself and it worked.

So did they remove the paragon requirement or is there a glitch in the game allowing T10 once you are in one?

I'm only at paragon 105 or so and did a T7 Grift. They might've?

I got my barb to the point I can finish a T7 Grift with like 5-6 minutes left. Not too bad for only 3 days play time.

I've actually never used a Barb this much since D3 has come out.

Did they remove the paragon requirement for T10?
Yesterday RW2112 and myself, both under Paragon 250 were in a T10 game. I thought it was strange since the day before T7-T10 required a certain paragon level to open a game.

We thought maybe it was a glitch or something and it added both of our paragon levels together which was over 250 combined. I wanted to test it solo so we both left the party and we were both able to open T10 games solo.

He joined back with me and I wanted to see what happens if someone with a very low paragon level came to our game so I invited a para 48 player, he was able to join and I asked him to leave and see if he could open a T10 game himself and it worked.

So did they remove the paragon requirement or is there a glitch in the game allowing T10 once you are in one?

Only hosting high torment games u must have, for example torment x requires paragon 250 but if u join a friend or he hosts its good to join.

I got my extra stash page last night after doing a GR45 with no set. The game was trolling me hard while I was attempting to do it. My options seemed to be pick one: density, pylons, or no shielding enemies. It took around 10 tries but most of them were played out until the end or until I realized not even a good pylon would save me. I had one where I found a conduit right and the end only to have the rift guardian spawn no where near me. I had another that I finished in 15:04. I realize it is a conquest and supposed to be challenging so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. If I didn't salvage my Magefist for some reason that I was keeping for this purpose it probably would have been much easier.

After I finished that I knocked out the M6 set at GR55 with ease. You are supposed to use a Manticore so I thought I would get one from upgrading rares. After doing 10 of them I realized I was doing regular bows instead of crossbows. So much fail and wasted mats. I didn't even have to reroll stats on any of the set pieces to do the rift though. I don't think doing six class sets at GR55 is going to be much of a challenge at all, its that you need to roll two characters and find all the set items. Seeing as it only took a few days to find every set piece for my Demon Hunter I don't think it will be that hard to do on another class.

I need to spend some time grinding out some mats and bounties now. I have no souls left from trying to reforge my Yangs into something decent. I also need to upgrade some more rares and get good daggers for the shadow set. It is a shame I wasted so many mats trying to get my Manticore. Oh well, I wont make that mistake again.

RNGesus hates me so far this season I've had no luck with getting gear. I can do T7 with my leap quake build but I am very squishy and I am still missing good rings, weapon, belt, amulet and bracers to make my barb truly powerful. Also I am only paragon 160 so I haven't put a ton of time in to it this season but least season I swear legendaries were just raining down on me. I'd love to get the loot tab awarded from season journeys but I doubt that will be happening.

I ran out of gold last night doing the Empowered Grifts for the extra roll on the Gems so I decided to add some gold find gear and go gold farming for a bit.

My stats and my Gold stash when I was done.
d3-s5-gold-find.jpg

some of the amounts that would drop,
d3-s5-105m-gold-pickup-2.jpg

and my largest total pickup, almost 105 million gold
d3-s5-105m-gold-pickup.jpg

How the hell did you get to Paragon 400 so quickly? I've logged in like 30 hours and I'm only P160.

Last edited:
I ran out of gold last night doing the Empowered Grifts for the extra roll on the Gems so I decided to add some gold find gear and go gold farming for a bit.

Holy hell. How much gold did you have when you started doing empowered rifts? I've done a number of them and still have 2 billion. I guess it helps that I speed run regular rifts with a level 25 boons though. I've got some ancient gold farm gear in my stash in case I get desperate down the road.

How the hell did you get to Paragon 400 so quickly? I've logged in like 30 hours and I'm either 160 or 180 I can't remember which.

Greater rifts are the key. I'm paragon 521 and running GR60's still gives me multiple levels per rift. At lower levels I was getting 5 levels per rift. They add up quickly. Obviously the more paragon levels you have the stronger you get so you can keep going up to higher and higher GR's.

Holy hell. How much gold did you have when you started doing empowered rifts? I've done a number of them and still have 2 billion. I guess it helps that I speed run regular rifts with a level 25 boons though. I've got some ancient gold farm gear in my stash in case I get desperate down the road.

Greater rifts are the key. I'm paragon 521 and running GR60's still gives me multiple levels per rift. At lower levels I was getting 5 levels per rift. They add up quickly. Obviously the more paragon levels you have the stronger you get so you can keep going up to higher and higher GR's.

Yeah best I can manage right now is mid 30's with my current gear but that still takes a decent amount of time in around 10 minutes. My rift key drops have been pretty sparse as well even doing a Nephalem rift at T7 it is not guaranteed to drop a key.

Run T6 instead then or get a group together. I haven't had any issues with gearing, although I did always have people to run with.

I had 300 million when I was paragon 180, I got the boon right away and used it all the time but it was only level 4 till the other day when I started to upgrade 4 of the gems I will be using.
I was doing empowered rifts at GR55 and that was expensive, that is where most of the gold went.
When I started leveling them solo, I was starting at GR14 and going up 4 GR levels each time, when I eventually ran out of gold to empower.

When you start running 50+ Greater Rifts the gold can add up quickly as well. Was running 60-65 lvl GR's last night and made a ton of gold.

When you start running 50+ Greater Rifts the gold can add up quickly as well. Was running 60-65 lvl GR's last night and made a ton of gold.

65 Grift cost around 200+ million gold for the 4th roll though.

Non-Seasonal player here... if anyone wants to play hit me up.

Also, is it just me or did they buff the deaths breath drops and it seems a group up four gets much better legendary numbers then before.

Played a little last night and the patch is neat, I am not just into to seasons though. I really like the build diversity up to 65+ grifts. I know there is always an optimal build but just about any set/idea you take you can push it pretty far.

Wait... they penalize you for running the same grift level?

no, the higher the grift level the more it costs if you want to gamble for a 4th roll to level your gem.
you get 3 rolls to level your gems if you finish in time, you have the option to pay for an additional roll when you are starting the grift.

I think I'll be doing NS only this patch. Just no point going seasons. I only did it last patch to try out monk builds that only worked on season. Other than that, it was pretty much everything I expected it to be. I didn't get any super great joy out of starting all over, considering that (as I predicted) it didn't matter after the season had started for so many weeks. It was exactly the same as if someone started in NS. Just leechfest and then I got to like 500+ in ~30 hours by just doing grifts.

Currently, I really only have optimal gear for a support WD. I tried the build out on a whim since I realized I had a lot of the necessary pieces. I've already done 78 in a 4p on it. Pretty random. Lemme know if you need an NS support doc.

On Seasons as a DH this time around. Left the clan since my WoW guide mates are idiots and insisted I join theirs. I run almost everything daily, I can carry and gear share DH stuff. Doing pretty well for myself. Progression wise I'm working on solo 73 (just need a not crap rift). I need to start farming gem levels to add the main stat to ancient gear =/

http://www.d3planner.com/955791672 <-- My DH so far. Armory doesn't show this DH, I don't know why.

Might make a wizard to start doing progression grifts or public grifts that aren't taking DHs anymore :(

On the PS4 I hopped in to a multiplayer game and got paragon 9999 within about 2 hours. Lmfao
The hacks on consoles are everywhere.

Back