Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

The ini changes fixed my micro-stuttering. Game's running really well and I've been able to talk some of my friends into getting it as well, so we've been running 4-man groups through the seasonal campaign. Been a ton of fun!

I see, thank you for the explanation. My guy can only handle Torment 2 comfortably and at a decent pace right now so your breakdown makes sense.

Legendary gems can provide a massive boost in power. It is well worth it to start even low level grifts to start getting gems and start upgrading them. The difference between the same gear with and without them can potentially be multiple torment levels.
Not to mention the fact that you usually get a handful of legendary drops at the end of a rift as well, so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Legendary gems can provide a massive boost in power. It is well worth it to start even low level grifts to start getting gems and start upgrading them. The difference between the same gear with and without them can potentially be multiple torment levels.
Not to mention the fact that you usually get a handful of legendary drops at the end of a rift as well, so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Yea, I started working on upgrading some legendary gems since they seem pretty game-changing. I'm finding it hard to balance my stats now though since I need a socket in my ammy/ring but I had already used the re-roll to roll CHC/CHD a year ago when this stuff didn't exist. Seems like unless I get perfect rolls on the jewelry, I have to forego one of the crit stats.

Yea, I started working on upgrading some legendary gems since they seem pretty game-changing. I'm finding it hard to balance my stats now though since I need a socket in my ammy/ring but I had already used the re-roll to roll CHC/CHD a year ago when this stuff didn't exist. Seems like unless I get perfect rolls on the jewelry, I have to forego one of the crit stats.

Elemental damage of your choice, crit damage, socket, main stat for necklace. Or, elemental damage, crit damage, socket, crit chance. I think there's maybe one necklace that can have 5 primary stats, Flavor of Time I believe, so unless you find that, you'll have to go with one of the first two choices.

Rings tend to be main stat, socket, crit damage, crit chance.

you want to have as many ancient items as you can, I have all but one ring that's ancient.
Ancient items have more of all the stats,
d3-8million-dps.jpg

Elemental damage of your choice, crit damage, socket, main stat for necklace. Or, elemental damage, crit damage, socket, crit chance. I think there's maybe one necklace that can have 5 primary stats, Flavor of Time I believe, so unless you find that, you'll have to go with one of the first two choices.

Rings tend to be main stat, socket, crit damage, crit chance.

elemental/CHD/CC on ammy is WAY better than ele/crit/mainstat in most circumstances. The fourth slot being socket of course.

Yeah, I'm curious when it comes out too. I got to all ancients on my DH and like 95% perfect rolls.

Got bored as balls.

I am back playing my non-seasonal with my brother and we are eagerly awaiting the patch.

Won't play seasons... fuck that noise. Just a poor excuse to extend gameplay by forcing you to start over. I'll just keep pushing my non seasonal to see if I can make the leaders boards.

This game is just like D2 was for us. Play... take a break... come back... break. Working as intended!

Though getting ancient set pieces seems like a daunting task.

Won't play seasons... fuck that noise. Just a poor excuse to extend gameplay by forcing you to start over. I'll just keep pushing my non seasonal to see if I can make the leaders boards.

I just don't think you really understand its purpose. Really Seasons is the only location for meaningful competitive play, although arguably a lot of that gets sorted out within the first 2 months. If you're not interested in competitive play, achievements, or anything like that, then yes, there isn't much point. But personally I find that without at least the added goal of competition/achievements then why play the game at all after a certain point? If we're all being honest [which has been talked about to death even in this thread] the game is a grind fest. After 800 paragon, billions in gold, every drop, and 1000s of mats, what else is there really to do?

As far as starting over, it's not really a big deal. Most people are at 70 within a week or less (despite no power leveling, *gasp*!). The hardest part is probably farming the mats while farming the gear. T6/gRift 30 is possible for most even moderately competitive players inside of the first 2 weeks. I would argue that even restarting the season doesn't extend the game play enough.

I just created a new Seasonal character to test Wizard to see if I want to run it next Season. Trying out the Aether Walker build. After 2 days, I have every piece, except the Ancient Parthan Defenders, albeit most of my drops don't have great rolls. Still getting a feel for its game play, but it looks to be like the only control class/build left in the game. More complex than CM, but I miss CM, and want to play something else control-y like that.

Wizard also seems to finally be competitive again, thanks to this build and one other. Anyway, I hope it works out, because I don't want to play Barb again (One season of that was more than enough, I guess I just don't like its play style), I've done DH to death, and I don't think any other classes are super competitive right now.

As far as other game commentary, man it's crazy where the community has gone at this point. It's basically impossible to get a set party from class based chats now. No one even responds to Loot Share games. As a result, I've had to resort to pub games. But even in pubs, it's not uncommon to be running gRift 40-50. I probably wouldn't have been able to gear out as quickly as I have if not for this great leap.

Last edited:
In our clan of basically just me and my girl, she got to solo rank 41 on her carnevil WD, without fishing. She won't believe me that she has the best feardoc out there, an almost perfect 400dps SMK. A group she found is starting to push into the 70's.

I think we still hold the highest ranking for barb and WD 2 player combo.

One of our clan mates came back and it was fun running them to 70 and p200 in about 2 hours. Now I realize I want to run with either really high level people or with people just starting out. Its fun seeing the leveling up white explosion.

Not sure what to run next season as everything can be changed right before the patch. I don't think I can play DH yet again. Barb just isn't going to get any love. So maybe wiz, crusader, or monk??

Public chat is awful. Someone in there actually questioned the feardoc and how much they hit for and said they were weak. WTF? Its too trolling again. Right now its best to play with a bunch of Chinese players on the US servers.

Everyone we play with will drop everything on the ground for the less geared.

2.3 meta is going to be such fun...

2 people killing
2 people wearing experience gear
Running GR50's all day

I'm hoping Blizzard sees the problem, remembers how dumb magic find gear was and gets rid of it

Edit, someone posted some stats about this on the d3 forums, pretty comical

4 man group, no experience gear on anybody:
GR50 > 8.6 billion experience gained on average per run, averaged over 10 runs (no significant variance)

4 man group, 2 experience geared leeches:
GR50 > 21.3 billion experience gained on average per run, averaged over 10 runs (minor variance)

With his examples, with XP gear they got 12.7 billion more XP per rift on average then going with no XP gear

2.3 meta is going to be such fun...

2 people killing
2 people wearing experience gear
Running GR50's all day

I'm hoping Blizzard sees the problem, remembers how dumb magic find gear was and gets rid of it

Edit, someone posted some stats about this on the d3 forums, pretty comical

4 man group, no experience gear on anybody:
GR50 > 8.6 billion experience gained on average per run, averaged over 10 runs (no significant variance)

4 man group, 2 experience geared leeches:
GR50 > 21.3 billion experience gained on average per run, averaged over 10 runs (minor variance)

With his examples, with XP gear they got 12.7 billion more XP per rift on average then going with no XP gear

That's just Blizzard's solution to stop people botting 24/7. :D

Decided I'd give the PTR of 2.3.0 a try and I didn't realize they had a community buff increasing legendary drop rate to 2000%.

A user mentioned on the D3 community board once they remove the buff you don't get to keep any of the drops.. Is that true? I started a new seasonal character with the PTR so, essentially the toon would be left naked after the patch goes live?

What's the chance that 2.3 will go live on Tuesday, 11th and S4 going live on 14th of next week?

If they held up to the 4 month schedule that S3 should have been that would sound about right, however they haven't even announced an end date for S3 yet, and that is usually around a month out from the end of the season.

I am rather tempted to have another go at Wizard in S4, both the DelRasha and Archon builds looks mighty fun to play.

Guys, I just came back to this game and picked up the expansion. I brought my Witchdoctor up to 70 and made a Crusader which is also 70.

The problem I am having is my Crusader seems to have an aversion to DPS. My witchdoctor has only been 70 for a week and is already at 1.3million and I am told by members of these public groups I am getting in for torment 5 that I should be easily 2-2.5million once I get decent gear. But my poor Crusader seems to be able to get into torment 5 and stand in the mobs and not die, but cant really even kill trash mobs. Only 225k dps to his name. I have been told by those same people that Crusaders basically tap out at around 500k or so dps. If thats the case, how are they ever able to run the rifts?

Piro Marella Shield can be crafted easily and whatever Ancient 2Hnder you come across. Complete your Roland's set for the bonuses. I was using Drakon's Lesson for bracers. Then I had Focus and Restraint for my rings.

Of course this is NOT the best gear. But I was able to do Greater Rifts before I got bored and quit.

Guys, I just came back to this game and picked up the expansion. I brought my Witchdoctor up to 70 and made a Crusader which is also 70.

The problem I am having is my Crusader seems to have an aversion to DPS. My witchdoctor has only been 70 for a week and is already at 1.3million and I am told by members of these public groups I am getting in for torment 5 that I should be easily 2-2.5million once I get decent gear. But my poor Crusader seems to be able to get into torment 5 and stand in the mobs and not die, but cant really even kill trash mobs. Only 225k dps to his name. I have been told by those same people that Crusaders basically tap out at around 500k or so dps. If thats the case, how are they ever able to run the rifts?

I play primarily as a Demon Hunter, but here is my Crusader I played briefly,
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zepher-1253/hero/48484630
I got crap gear and she has 800K+ DPS. She is not using any Paragon points either.

Here is my crusader now. I have done a lot of work on him so far. ~800k dps 9M tough and 1M recovery. I can do about tier 17 and 18 greater rifts which is still a waste of time. You need to do at least tier 30 to even start getting anywhere so I still have a long way to go.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Karsus-1846/hero/64125791

I played with the Crusader for a little bit today and got a chest piece and put on the Ring of Royal Grandeur which lowered my DPS but gave me the 4 set Rolands which boosted more than the other ring I had.
950K DPS.

I played with the Crusader for a little bit today and got a chest piece and put on the Ring of Royal Grandeur which lowered my DPS but gave me the 4 set Rolands which boosted more than the other ring I had.
950K DPS.

Your gear is a little spread out right now. Run some normal rifts in the highest torment you can manage and spend those shards on your remaining Rolands pieces. Then craft a Piro Marella as was mentioned earlier. Focus and Restraint rings will also further boost your damage output. With my Piro Marella and Ancient Maximus, my crusader can handle 40-42 easily enough.

Oh, if you need a little help gearing, go ahead and add me and I'll pass along any crusader gear I don't need.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/sgtpoonk-1602/hero/44913012

I wonder if they will ever let us take all 3 of our followers with us.

You mean without asherea set?

Didn't know about that set, pretty cool it brings them all out together, but they don't stay with you.
I'd like the option to bring 1, 2 or 3 followers with me when I play.

Didn't know about that set, pretty cool it brings them all out together, but they don't stay with you.
I'd like the option to bring 1, 2 or 3 followers with me when I play.

Yeah, I doubt that's going to happen. Even back in D2 you only could take 1 hirling with you....so I doubt the tradition will change.

Well I wouldn't call it tradition.

Back in Diablo 1, you couldn't even have a follower, in D2V your follower was also non-permanent and non-customisable (rather like a generally available minion), and it was only in LoD that they made the follower carry across acts and made them customisable.

They already have broke the tradition in D3 RoS by even allowing more than 1 follower temporarily (in LoD you couldn't do it all), so I'd reckon Asheara's set could be expanded to permanently allow multiple followers.

The two main problems about this is:

1. The game is far too dependent on class sets, to the point where higher level game play (anything higher than Grift 25 or Torment 6) will be severely hampered without it, so either the Set must be really flexible in terms of itemisation (best way to do it I think is to gave the set 1 piece for every equipment slot available bar weapons), or there must be a way around the set count (such as, making set pieces with follower relics and have those count towards your set bonus).

2. The followers themselves, on their own, do very little damage compared to the Nephalem even without the set pieces, so they must receive a serious buff and/or removal certain restrictions we currently have on our followers, such as CHD cap, cannot benefir from legendary gems, etc.

That's the way to go about it I think, a set around buffing followers significantly.

I don't really care if they do that much damage, I just want them all to follow me around and distract the enemies. That is all they are really good for, distraction, and a slight boost with some abilities.

Well, from my experiences as a DH, it's either the enemies all drop dead so quickly that sometimes not even my templar has the time to charge into the bunch of enemies, or I get killed from things that Followers can't do squat about (EG reflect, lightning storm, Winged Assassins).

It really depends on how it is done, but from what I have seen during my time with M6, the follower AIs needs some serious rework if they need to provide any sort of meaningful distraction. The pets were great at bottlenecking passage ways, but I have outgrown the need for them and I am starting to get killed by things that even WD's fetish army& syncophants can't do much about...

One thing I definitely want, is for all your followers to share their gear between characters.

Back