Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

That's not it, it's a yellow glowing cow standing on two feet that runs away like a goblin.

Hey! I just requested to become part of the HardOCP D3 community :) I am Zetro#1371

I hope that some S3 HC action can be had!

Also in my last cow level at T4 I got 2 ancients on my Wizard being my off hand and helm - the other 2 were terrible but I cannot complain :)

The RNG gods have been absolutely vengeful against me. Ran a WW barb up to about paragon ~350...then a standard tal/energy twister build from ~350-585. From 350 to 585, all of my shards on helm, I still have only seen one piece of ancient tal's drop, an amulet with such terrible rolls I had to scrap it. That is, quite literally it. I don't understand it, I get RNG but this is extreme. I had pretty much all ancient's on my barb within the first ~150 early paragon levels, much less the crazy grind I've been doing on my wizard.

No ancient set pieces, and still no upgrades in pretty much 2-3 weeks...taking a break. :(

Finally last night I broke my previous Best on 4 man Grifts, teamed up with a pub group and we cleared a level 53. Been trying to break past level 50 for some time now... :D

So I joined the [H] community...a community doesn't seem to be like a clan, though? Don't see people online in the friends list, nor a chat? Would like speed running mid to high 40s, or pushing up past 52-53.

The RNG gods have been absolutely vengeful against me. Ran a WW barb up to about paragon ~350...then a standard tal/energy twister build from ~350-585. From 350 to 585, all of my shards on helm, I still have only seen one piece of ancient tal's drop, an amulet with such terrible rolls I had to scrap it. That is, quite literally it. I don't understand it, I get RNG but this is extreme. I had pretty much all ancient's on my barb within the first ~150 early paragon levels, much less the crazy grind I've been doing on my wizard.

No ancient set pieces, and still no upgrades in pretty much 2-3 weeks...taking a break. :(

I swear my "RNG" is locked on an RSA key pattern. I can get super rare specific items over and over again but more common stuff I need, nope. In short, I have the same problem as you and it started with this season.

It all helps making S3 my last all the easier. It's impossible to find a good 4 man group to try and beat records.

/cry for me

So I joined the [H] community...a community doesn't seem to be like a clan, though? Don't see people online in the friends list, nor a chat? Would like speed running mid to high 40s, or pushing up past 52-53.

The community was started by people that never were affiliated with the clan so it has stayed unused by the clan regulars.

I am definitely up for trying to push into the 50's.

Snowman#1523

So after a long break im back to playing.. Started a S2 WD a few days ago & made to to 70 & paragon 9 before I got really bored playing him.. Then re-rolled a Monk & now leveled to 70 & then paragon upped to 37.. So for useful purposes Im a newb again, but enjoying the game again..

icehole#1323

So judging from lack of posts and also lack of seeing very many in game I'd say it's getting time for Blizzard to end this season and bring on something new....

Nah people are still pushing. Did a 4man GR61 a couple of weeks ago tanking with my wd and my grp is capable of going further. We just keep missing each other.

I've also been working on getting all my characters to GR50 solo, got 2 down (DH and Barb) and working on the rest.

There's no real incentive to play. Long seasons are boring, people are already over 1000 paragon and I wouldn't be surprised if someone gets close to 2000 before the end.

I know that I am winding down fast myself on this season. Pretty much once I hit P lvl 700 (only 7 more lvls to go) I am probably done.

Hit 600. RNG just completely went haywire for me and still didn't have a single ancient set piece for my wiz...gave up.

I'm really just waiting for the Season to end, move the stuff over, then uninstall for awhile until something really exciting happens. I'm sure I'll be back at some point though. Maybe they will have some new by Blizzcon or something.

I'm done as well. Once season closes I'll move my stuff over, clean up dupes, then uninstall and move on. Made it to 400 on 2 leaderboards, good enough.

I'll probably play a little here and there, but I was getting bored doing the same thing over and over and not finding anything that I could equip.

Had to build a new group and knocked out GR63 in only our 3rd run playing together. Missed the leaderboard by a couple of seconds.

Switched to zdps Crusader instead of WD last night. Made it to the 4 player leaderboard beating GR64 in 11min or so.

Got with a good group in a pub, got a record 59 Grift with 27 seconds left.
RG had almost 2 trillion HP,
D3-RG59-2-trillion.jpg

Yeah I'm pretty peeved. I was doing a 60 with a good group earlier and we had plenty of time left at the RG, you know. Then he spawns. It's the Sand Shaper or whatever, and we're in a tiny canal. Literally no room to move around. We had great ZDPS but they died really fast against him. It was awful. We would have easily beaten that 60 and climbed into the 61-63 range, too. Sigh.

I swear, whenever I'm pushing to break my records, I get really bad luck. Sure you can beat a 56 in 7.5 mins. And then a 57 in a little more (mostly due to bad luck). But if you try to touch those 60's, we're throwing the Sand Shaper on you! Fun fun. =_=;

Even the grifts in this game are RNG. Oh well, it's only a matter of time. I'll get into those 60's eventually. It's just so hard to find good ZDPS in this game though! I'm thinking of making one myself because that's always what I'm waiting on. Plenty of us UE DH's with ancient Krider's, but where's the ZDPS? My whole kingdom for a ZDPS.

At least my profile range is getting closer to 2m though. I just had to sacrifice pretty much all my vitality for it....

Oh wait, so those crits were your Bombard? I was wondering how you were getting those numbers as a UE DH.

Yeah you have some work to do then; you might have been holding your crew back (no offense). I have a Nat build that I was just making up on the side because I kept getting Nat pieces, and when I switched over to it I was critting for about 7.5 bil without much if any buffs. That isn't really even that high for that build considering I haven't worked on the gear much, too.

Oh wait, so those crits were your Bombard? I was wondering how you were getting those numbers as a UE DH.

Yeah you have some work to do then; you might have been holding your crew back (no offense). I have a Nat build that I was just making up on the side because I kept getting Nat pieces, and when I switched over to it I was critting for about 7.5 bil without much if any buffs. That isn't really even that high for that build considering I haven't worked on the gear much, too.

No, those were my multishot crits. The Vengeance doesn't seem to hit hard but it does help a bit. And the Bombardiers Rucksack and Amulet were only equipped for the stats page I posted below to hit 59%CC.
I use the DML with 59% Health Doubleshot and a Dovu Energy Trap with a Bane of the Trapped Gem in it.
One of the guys in the group was saying UE for 55 and lower and Nats for 55+, I have a Nats build, just not sure if the gear is any good

Is that 7.5 billion only when using RoV or do your primary and secondary shots hit that hard?
Before I built the UE, I had Nats with the belt that drops the beast for 3700% damage.
That hit pretty hard but you have to aim were you want to hit, sometimes I'd lose the cursor and drop it on the wrong enemy.

I was playing around with some equipment and got 59% CC, so I am one of the #1 in the world. Apparently, 59% is the max you can get with your gear.
D3-59-Crit-Chance.jpg

Well, I broke into the leaderboards tonight. ... In 2 player:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/rankings/era/3/rift-team-2#page=6
Slot 872, Stoleowncar (as of when I write this...).

It was interesting, I just got a PM from a random ZDoc that wanted to try out a random build and invited me to a 2 player when I kept asking for a 4p group in chat and getting no responses. I was like "well crap, I ain't got anything else to do, why the hell not?" So we started at 52 and just kept climbing and got to 55. I would have actually done the 55 in less time, but we got Rime for the boss and it kept teleporting around everywhere.

2 player mode was really interesting, because it made me focus a lot more on what was going on, instead of just "watch the ZPDS running around gathering crap up". Since I was the only DPS I couldn't be sloppy with where I was aiming my ball lightning, too. I had to figure out what would give me the most kills for the least shots. This was the first time I'd ever done 2p grifts, actually. I'm surprised it went that well. We got some of the worst mob compositions, too. Revenant archers, winged assassins, prowlers (in a large map, too).

Anyway we also attempted a 56, but came just short of beating it. It wasn't really a DPS problem, or a problem with the ZDPS (the guy was very, very good). What happened is that I was killing a yellow and then this random blue mob just waltzes in with reflect damage from behind. I signaled with a flag that things were going to hit the fan... and they did anyway, we both died. Wasted a lot of time getting away from that death trap. Got to the boss.

Guess what, it's SAND SHAPER. My favorite! I still almost killed him in time, but got hit by a tornado that he just spawned practically on top of me. If I just didn't die there, we would have beaten the 56 grift in 2p, and (I would have, he already was) probably gotten up to the 700 rank range. Anyway, it was interesting, I'll have to try that again. It's amazing what happens when you try new things instead of beating your head against the wall because you can't find that ZSader ZDoc 2xDPS crew that'll stick around for 4p. It also gives me some self-validation, because I always said I could break into the rankings with my gear as it is. And here I am, I did it. In an area where no other DPS could have supplemented for my lack of DPS. It felt good. It also proves I could pull my weight and get into the 4p rankings, too.

Alright, narrative essay over.

Last edited:
No, those were my multishot crits. The Vengeance doesn't seem to hit hard but it does help a bit. And the Bombardiers Rucksack and Amulet were only equipped for the stats page I posted below to hit 59%CC.
I use the DML with 59% Health Doubleshot and a Dovu Energy Trap with a Bane of the Trapped Gem in it.
One of the guys in the group was saying UE for 55 and lower and Nats for 55+, I have a Nats build, just not sure if the gear is any good

Is that 7.5 billion only when using RoV or do your primary and secondary shots hit that hard?
Before I built the UE, I had Nats with the belt that drops the beast for 3700% damage.
That hit pretty hard but you have to aim were you want to hit, sometimes I'd lose the cursor and drop it on the wrong enemy.

I was playing around with some equipment and got 59% CC, so I am one of the #1 in the world. Apparently, 59% is the max you can get with your gear.

Nats for 55+? Sounds like a load of crap if he meant only nats. As ZE proved with their 74 clear, UE lightning is still king when geared properly - that's just the hard part.

I don't like Nats, I just configured mine last night and it's so weak with the normal shots.
RoV with the crashing rain belt is strong, don't know how strong since I wasn't able to see the crit damage numbers very easily so I don't know how high it crit.
If it crits 10 billion, I can see it working with the zpds (I guess that's the one that holds all the enemies together) as I could just keep dropping RoV into the group of enemies every few seconds since 1 or 2 taps of Multishot should reset RoV.

Nope, I have a gear setup on my UE DH with 62% CC plus a maxed out Iceblink gem which grants another 10% CC against chilled enemies... :D

Nope, I have a gear setup on my UE DH with 62% CC plus a maxed out Iceblink gem which grants another 10% CC against chilled enemies... :D

59% is max for gear, you can use the Paragon points to up it to 64% which is what I have in game, then the other little bonuses.
you going to be playing early this evening? I wouldn't mind grifting with a group that has the ZDPS.

And I played some with the Nats earlier and it just didn't feel that strong on a 46 grift. the monk in the group kept the enemies together and did most of the damage to the mobs.
I am going to do UE Krider/Ball since I don't care for Nats at all.

Hello fellow Hard D3 players. The first year I played D3 I played softcore, but the last two years i've played hardcore exclusively. I've hit PL534 in S3, but man I think i'm mostly done with D3 for a bit. Barb's are my favorite class and it was fun to smash everything in S3 with WW. But i'm burned out, right now my plan is to go a bit more casual and play 3ish days a week with my wife, and go self found i will not use the gear I have already found when I play with her.

I'm kind of to the point where it will take some major changes/new content to draw me back in. I think the game is in a good place and i'm pretty sure i've gotten my money's worth.

My HC barb:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bulvine-1904/hero/62382788

Man, I hear you, I think that if someone played at least through the story mode, which is easy to do, and then did some rifting, that they got their money's worth out of the game.

Man, I hear you, I think that if someone played at least through the story mode, which is easy to do, and then did some rifting, that they got their money's worth out of the game.

Over three years of playing on a server-side infrastructure with only the original buy-in and the expansion cost? I'm amazed it's been going on so long without further (aggressive) monetization.

We could always argue for better RNG, better end-game (which is...?), and better loot. Honestly I could have done with some quality-of-life improvements to the procedural map-making and just some congratulatory loot to make clicking on things a little more fun.

That said, three years already (!) and I got my money's worth a long time ago :D

Back