Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I really wish they'd do away with magic weapon and familiar and re-balance wiz dps to be good without them. Having to eat up 1-2 skill slots just to do good damage was always lame imo. I always wanted to use teleport, but there was just little reason to since it meant i didn't get the magic weapon damage boost.

Really enjoying DH now because each skill slot can actually be a move.

Yeah, I'm with you. Nothing worse than passive skills in active skill slots. Part of what makes the new tal set fun is that it's active to play.

The elemental passives are pretty terrible right now as well (conflagration, the 1.5% stun on lightning, chance to slow with arcane...etc). If they combined those with some of the effects from magic armor / familiar they might have something. Slow Time is a pretty obvious add for a lot of builds. Maybe some of the omnidirectional blast spells would see usage (outside of old WoW builds). Could maybe even justify the defensive orbit version of arcane torrent.

I really wish they'd do away with magic weapon and familiar and re-balance wiz dps to be good without them. Having to eat up 1-2 skill slots just to do good damage was always lame imo. I always wanted to use teleport, but there was just little reason to since it meant i didn't get the magic weapon damage boost.

Really enjoying DH now because each skill slot can actually be a move.

Though out D3 history there has almost always been a build that doesn't use those 2 skills. Firebirds set was the first time it really became mandatory.

I'm currently not using either of these and am doing a balls ton of damage.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/60248670

Shock Pulse Piercing Orb for lightning
Meteor Star Pact for Arcane
Hydra mammoth Hydra for Fire
Slow Time time warp for ice (it uses your max elemental damage)

My slow time is a beast. the 2000% weapon damage is increased by Tal rashas set on top of the other increases. I drop my ice slow time on an enemy and they take so much damage extra damage
15% more from time warp
10% from cold blooded
10% crit from IceBlink
25.8% from Ban of the Trapped.

Also using convention of Elements which is theoretically 38.25 % more damage.

Pretty sure a 20 billion crit happened from a perfectly timed Star Pact with the ring and Arcane Dynamo.

Lol. Threw this on my Raiment monk and it was pretty epic:
KoU6yCn.png

Find someone already at lvl 70 willing to P lvl you. Invite them into your party, set difficulty to T6 and let them lead you through doing bounties then rifts to finish leveling you up.

Just got through leveling 2 guys up to lvl 67 doing that, took about 1.5 hrs....

in that case....do you have a level 70 and are you willing to P lvl me :D

No, but it's only really good with Dead Man's Legacy which is seasonal only.

No?

Krider + Slowball + Bolts quiver. The lightning balls do your damage. Best build this set has going for it, damage wise, afaik. Sure, on a reflect pack you're screwed but it's clearing Grift 57 as of now in Europe.

DML is pretty crap.

Last edited:
Yep, A1 is the RoRG bounty. However, depending on your class now you can ditch it for a Focus/Restraint combo.

By the way guys, the ancient RoRG really isn't worth the time invested in it. The % stats can't increase past 6 and 50 for CC and CHD, and you'll only get 150 more mainstat ouf of an ancient RoRG from memory, which you can easily just get through paragon. The difference really is minimal.

Yep, A1 is the RoRG bounty. However, depending on your class now you can ditch it for a Focus/Restraint combo.

By the way guys, the ancient RoRG really isn't worth the time invested in it. The % stats can't increase past 6 and 50 for CC and CHD, and you'll only get 150 more mainstat ouf of an ancient RoRG from memory, which you can easily just get through paragon. The difference really is minimal.

Oh, I thought it was a mandatory item. I could see where running focus/restraint as your second set could be better though. Those rings are sexy.

Oh, I thought it was a mandatory item. I could see where running focus/restraint as your second set could be better though. Those rings are sexy.

I think it still plays a part in most DH's Marauders builds?

I haven't given it a look in a long while - the Mrs and I used to run a tank Crusader with DH backup and the recent patch makes me want to peek back in and see what's new.

in that case....do you have a level 70 and are you willing to P lvl me :D

Well been helping several of the clan get up to 70 so if you see me in game just msg me. PitViper2112 is my in game handle. If I am not otherwise tied up I can see what we can do.

A rorg may be mandatory for some builds, but not ancient. I wouldn't waste time trying to get an ancient one, just get one with crit, crit damage, or a socket.

I haven't given it a look in a long while - the Mrs and I used to run a tank Crusader with DH backup and the recent patch makes me want to peek back in and see what's new.

it does, but i believe focus/restraint is better than rorg/soj combo now. I have a pretty good restraint and an OK focus and I like it a lot better anyway.

No?

Krider + Slowball + Bolts quiver. The lightning balls do your damage. Best build this set has going for it, damage wise, afaik. Sure, on a reflect pack you're screwed but it's clearing Grift 57 as of now in Europe.

DML is pretty crap.

It's clearing 57 = 2 guys who did it. Seasons has done 54, and it's been less than a week. So I guess DML is crap...:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure you're a lot more dependent on mob density/map type with the elemental arrows build, plus it sucks for farming.

This season has been horrible for me so far. Last season I played a DH and got a rorg quickly, as well as my marauders set. This season I decided to play monk so I could try out the raiment set. I'm over paragon 130 and have found only two pieces of it so far. I've found three pieces of SWK so I thought I would just get a rorg real quick and play with that for the time being. I cant tell you how many hours I had to grind act 1 to finally get one. At least now I can play T6 if I have some people with me who can do good damage. I've probably done about 6 hours of T6 rifts and still haven't found anymore raiment though. Even Kadala doesn't want to give me any.

Not really, a good Focus and Restraint is far better than the Soj/RoRG combo.

It's clearing 57 = 2 guys who did it. Seasons has done 54, and it's been less than a week. So I guess DML is crap...:rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure you're a lot more dependent on mob density/map type with the elemental arrows build, plus it sucks for farming.

The 57 was done within days of the patch going live too, I believe. On sub optimal gear as well as I don't think they had the new Kriders which roll with up to 12 disc for a lot of extra damage.

I was replying to someone saying the UE is only good with DML, which is total crap. The elemental build has far more damage potential, and so is vastly superior for the right solo grifts (this is always dependent on many builds) and on groups.

And why would you use UE for farming? Nat's is far, far better for that with how quickly it can demolish mobs on farming.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KAMIL-2292/hero/22330105 and http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ag2r-2229/hero/48814105 versus http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jw2ok-1461/hero/60186858

Double the paragon points, better gear (both have pretty much perfect Hellfire amulets and almost all ancient gear) and probably a ton of 55+ keys stashed away. A 54 was done with DML and suboptimal gear, 57 will definitely be reached and probably surpassed before the season ends.

For farming I meant GR35-45 farming, T6 you can do with pretty much anything.

2 ancient IK set pieces today :D. Also gambled a trifecta ancient IK gloves a few days ago. Running 4 piece bonus of both Raekor's and IK. Seems that with the way the sets are built, I won't be able to run both full set bonuses; I would say Raekor's 3,000% weapon damage over 3 seconds is better than +100% dmg?

Even the 4 piece Raekor's bonus is ridiculous. I can pretty much freezelock any groups, and individual targets are frozen ~50% of the time.

Really need to increase my survivability though. Soon as Wrath drops...oops.

Last edited:
Ugh been getting Restraint's all day but no Focuses :( Really liking the Rainment set and I so want an In-geom's to basically keep up with WW barbs. See Quinn's build with it:

https://youtu.be/gxCvkp6zfLg

Once I get my Monk set up probably go for Tal rasha and DMO sets on my wizzies

Also, anyone notice A4 key warden not spawning or is it just me...?

No?

DML is pretty crap.

What is the bolts quiver?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/KAMIL-2292/hero/22330105 and http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ag2r-2229/hero/48814105 versus http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jw2ok-1461/hero/60186858

Double the paragon points, better gear (both have pretty much perfect Hellfire amulets and almost all ancient gear) and probably a ton of 55+ keys stashed away. A 54 was done with DML and suboptimal gear, 57 will definitely be reached and probably surpassed before the season ends.

For farming I meant GR35-45 farming, T6 you can do with pretty much anything.

I'll be honest with you, they had plenty of time to play with S3 gear in the PTR and the consensus still was that the lightning build is the way to go, and that DML was inferior. Sure, it'll be faster to play in general with, but if you're looking at straight up damage this still seems to be better.

The seasonal DH has a +12 disc bow. This equates to a huge damage increase as you know - the two other NS DHs don't have these yet. Expect the lightning build to hit over 60+ when they finally drop them.

As for 35-39 farming, I still believe a well geared Nats is faster. I've seen GR 46 cleared in about 5 minutes or less with a fire nat setup.

Ugh been getting Restraint's all day but no Focuses :( Really liking the Rainment set and I so want an In-geom's to basically keep up with WW barbs. See Quinn's build with it:

https://youtu.be/gxCvkp6zfLg

Once I get my Monk set up probably go for Tal rasha and DMO sets on my wizzies

Also, anyone notice A4 key warden not spawning or is it just me...?

Holy jesus that's insane

That's why I stopped playing. Power creep.
Blizzard has ruined every aspect of the game except for end-game GR's which are gimmicky. No variety.

Gracias. Are there many legendary 1h hand crossbows with nifty affixes? Any builds dual wield for this purpose?

Strafe/RoV build with 6p Nats set. I haven't played in about a week so I haven't tried it myself, but I believe it uses dual wield Calamity (K'mar Tenclip also works here) and Nat's 1h xbow. It's mainly used for fast t6 clears. You can probably use any 1h xbow with the Nat's xbow but it'll just be slower - a good quiver might be better than a 1h xbow in this case, but again, I've never tried any of this just re-typing what I've read.

Strafe/RoV build with 6p Nats set. I haven't played in about a week so I haven't tried it myself, but I believe it uses dual wield Calamity (K'mar Tenclip also works here) and Nat's 1h xbow. It's mainly used for fast t6 clears. You can probably use any 1h xbow with the Nat's xbow but it'll just be slower - a good quiver might be better than a 1h xbow in this case, but again, I've never tried any of this just re-typing what I've read.

I've hard that Strafe is the most common spender to use with Nats... why? I much prefer multishot / cluster.

Also, I'm getting to the point where I'm uncertain of what I should be gambling.... what would you gamble for next if you were me?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DukeLeto-1627/hero/40926630

The scared Twitch streamers are hilarious. Blizzard announced that they are going to ban people for the Blood Shard Goblin exploit and some of them are so scared. Gabynator and Alkaizer looked pale streaming tonight.

I've hard that Strafe is the most common spender to use with Nats... why? I much prefer multishot / cluster.

Also, I'm getting to the point where I'm uncertain of what I should be gambling.... what would you gamble for next if you were me?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/DukeLeto-1627/hero/40926630

I had to google since I never tried it, it's discussed here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16953426043

here's the main reason
But yeah...Crashing rain is what makes the build...the fastest possible way to reset RoV cd is strafe + Primary skill stutter strafing. So theoretically that should be the most dps by far

and what to gamble for depends on what you want to do. if you want to keep using Nat's, I'd gamble for hexing pants and then drop sentry (since you'll lose m4 bonus) and cluster arrow and switch to strafe. Then after that maybe 1h xbows to get an ancient to dual wield (ruck sack isn't really doing too much since you don't have the m6 bonus). From what I've read RoV uses main hand weapon damage only so even a non-ancient Nat's xbow is useful in the off hand.

The scared Twitch streamers are hilarious. Blizzard announced that they are going to ban people for the Blood Shard Goblin exploit and some of them are so scared. Gabynator and Alkaizer looked pale streaming tonight.

I didn't think Alkaizer actually used it. He made a YouTube video on it detailing how it's done but not sure if he did it. That idiot MannerCookie finally got banned though, his stream was so annoying sometimes. Every time I tried to get build info he would just go off on some random tangent and never get to the point.

All I get are crap drops. My DH is only T3 capable.
Did about a dozen T6 pub rifts yesterday, tried to look like I was doing something so I wouldn't get vote kicked, lol.

I had to google since I never tried it, it's discussed here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16953426043

here's the main reason

and what to gamble for depends on what you want to do. if you want to keep using Nat's, I'd gamble for hexing pants and then drop sentry (since you'll lose m4 bonus) and cluster arrow and switch to strafe. Then after that maybe 1h xbows to get an ancient to dual wield (ruck sack isn't really doing too much since you don't have the m6 bonus). From what I've read RoV uses main hand weapon damage only so even a non-ancient Nat's xbow is useful in the off hand.

Thanks a ton for this info, now it all makes sense. I'll probably go the Nat direction since I'm best set up for it, but i'll be excited to switch to mauraders when i have enough. It's so satisfying when all my sentries are shooting cluster arrow with me ^_^

All I get are crap drops. My DH is only T3 capable.
Did about a dozen T6 pub rifts yesterday, tried to look like I was doing something so I wouldn't get vote kicked, lol.

Yea I'd still be around T3 were it not for my buddy running me through on his DH so that I got drops x2. Also, kadala has been very kind to me. I was using this shitty belt the other day and was like, yea why not. 13 clicks later and THE belt for my build proc'd :eek:

Last edited:
Back