Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

haha that is awesome...too bad it doesn't open a bad ass cow farm.

Damn. Do you reroll stuff on mediocre gear? I usually only reroll if the gear is good. Here is my stash for seasonal, I don't think I've ever run out of any material.

Wow that is a clean box you have there. My box gets used too much I could never keep it so clean and tight like that.

Thousands of rifts between myself and people I play with...no Cow level.

They need the exact cow level from D2. Even make you go get warts leg.

That's crazy. My very first grift was the cow level. I thought "wtf, greater rifts are full of cows??", lol. I've had several cow levels so far, and I've run maybe 50 grifts (I don't play D3 too often).

That's crazy. My very first grift was the cow level. I thought "wtf, greater rifts are full of cows??", lol. I've had several cow levels so far, and I've run maybe 50 grifts (I don't play D3 too often).

I don't even want to hear this. I just broke 3000 hours in this game and 2 of the people I play with have even more then that. I even used 200 rift stones just opened the portal and then closed it once I saw it wasn't the cow level and quit the game and repeat.

I went to that happy place last night with all the little ponies and happy clouds and rainbows.

I went to that happy place last night with all the little ponies and happy clouds and rainbows.

Why is this place so common with the goblins all of the sudden? I have hit 4 of these since Friday and only went in the first since it is a completely useless zone.

They need to increase mob density at the very least for Whimsyshire, it's cute and all the first time but there's nothing to do there but beat up a couple of horses and flowers every 5 minutes of walking around.

They need to increase mob density at the very least for Whimsyshire, it's cute and all the first time but there's nothing to do there but beat up a couple of horses and flowers every 5 minutes of walking around.

They either need some items that drop only in the zone, or have something like The Vault where you get a ton of gold and items. Right now it's just like a normal area that looks funky.

Wow that is a clean box you have there. My box gets used too much I could never keep it so clean and tight like that.
Indeed. I have the habit of sticking everything I can find in my box, without worrying if it will fit or not. There is a lot of space in there.

Doesn't show up in video captures so it makes me wonder how many top D3 streamers are using it.
$100 says Alkaizer uses it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14610481565

146079467735 said:
As of September 30th, I took the #1 ranking on DH solo leaderboards, on the US servers. I completed Tier 45 in 13:37
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/rankings/era/1/rift-dh

I will try to complete T46, and MAYBE even go crazy and try T47 solo. However as of right now, I will use "cheats" to help me achieve this, just like how I got to my current T45 on solo DH leader boards.

What exactly is a cheat?

To me, it is gaining an unfair advantage. This is exactly what TurboHUD does, and which is why I use it. For those that do not know what TurboHUD is, it is a third party program which acts as a overlay to the game. Essentially, it reads from memory data that was received from the server. It has really cool features that I wish Blizzard would implement honestly. However there is two features which are used to "cheat", because they give an unfair advantage.

1. Mini-Map
[li]This shows where every monster is in the local area, and the map itself (whatever portion of the map that has been loaded, usually in a local area). This gives me an unfair advantage over a player that doesn't use TurboHUD, because I can make better decisions on how to engage monsters.[/li]2. Monster overlay
[li]This overlay tells you what the elite affixes are on certain monsters, before you engage monsters.[/li][li]It lets you know where that annoying invisible terror demon is.[/li].
Both of the above creates an advantage to the player, resulting in better decision making when engaging monsters or path choosing. Better decision making could make the difference from clearing GR45 on time, or failing GR45. So because I have this unfair advantage, I cheated to get to my ranking.

Here is the crazy part. You would have never knew that I was cheating, unless I honestly told you I was indeed cheating. For example, I could record (or stream) completing a GR45 rift on Twitch, and you would never know that I was using TurboHUD because it is an overlay.

Now here are my questions:

[ul]1. If a player is caught using a third party program such as TurboHUD, should that player be banned? Or is it conditional?[/ul]
We all know very well that a player will not admit to using TurboHUD, because they could get banned. However we also know that TurboHUD is impossible to detected legally, because it just uses an application to read from memory.

[ul]2. Because of Greater Rifts and Leaderboards, are we encouraged to use TurboHUD (or other similar programs) due to the advantage of the mini-map and monster overlay?[/ul]
Indeed you could perform the exact same actions as if you didn't use TurboHUD. However, you will not make the same actions if you didn't use TurboHUD, because the information it gives effects your actions (specifically mini-map and monster overlay).

[ul]3. Is the design of Greater Rifts suppose to be "fair"?[/ul]
I honestly don't even know what's fair and what isn't fair. If there are any differences between any attributes or conditions, you can argue it to be unfair.

P.S. Unavoidable damage sucks :(

[ul]4. What is the purpose of the ranking system?[/ul]
Indeed the ranking system is defined to be the highest GR completed with the best time. However, this has no meaning as a metric to measure things. If I can did GR45 once with build A, while you haven't completed beyond GR40 yet using build B, does that imply that build A is "better" than build B? Can such a metric be interrupted this way? Does this meaning change when we use an average of players, rather than a single selected player.

In fact, you can't even see any ranking beyond 1000. So most players won't even know their own ranking.

Thanks for taking your time to read my post if you made it this far! I might have gotten GR45 without TurboHUD, but I know that I won't do as well without it.

(>^^)>

Last edited:
Doesn't show up in video captures so it makes me wonder how many top D3 streamers are using it.
$100 says Alkaizer uses it.

Wow.

I used HDD2 in Diablo 2 which is a map hack and resolution hack. Why did I never think to check if D3 had one.

Wow.

I used HDD2 in Diablo 2 which is a map hack and resolution hack. Why did I never think to check if D3 had one.

Why risk getting banned and not being able to play a game that cost you $60-$120? I never played Diablo 2 (I was pretty young when it was released) but you could play that offline correct? Plus there seemed to be a lot more hacking/duping in that, similar to D3 on consoles.

Honestly, who cares about idiots hacking Diablo 3? They will get banned eventually, and for what, to be top of a leaderboard that no one really cares about anyways? Seriously, who actually takes the leaderboards seriously anymore? All the soft core leaderboards consists of is barbarians searching for conduit pylons and dying hundreds of times while reopening rifts for days. Even hardcore is mainly people searching for the perfect grift, just takes a bit longer.

Why risk getting banned and not being able to play a game that cost you $60-$120? I never played Diablo 2 (I was pretty young when it was released) but you could play that offline correct? Plus there seemed to be a lot more hacking/duping in that, similar to D3 on consoles.

Honestly, who cares about idiots hacking Diablo 3? They will get banned eventually, and for what, to be top of a leaderboard that no one really cares about anyways? Seriously, who actually takes the leaderboards seriously anymore? All the soft core leaderboards consists of is barbarians searching for conduit pylons and dying hundreds of times while reopening rifts for days. Even hardcore is mainly people searching for the perfect grift, just takes a bit longer.

This game has given me about all it can give me and I'm about done playing it. I doubt they are going to put any good game modes in. I mean they didn't/couldn't even manage a proper PVP. And I know they aren't going to make improvements to the Mini map or any other functionality.

That being said the 'Risk' of getting banned for me is none existent and if it improves my game even in the slightest I'll use it.

For me its not about pounding out grifts but rather avoiding annoyances. If this will allow me to navigate the Spider Cavern better I'm all over it.

I'm sure he knows he's going to get banned...that really wasn't the point of his post. A dude that dedicated to the game would have no issues buying it again and building everything up from scratch.

I think it has more to do with saying "hey, your leaderboards are screwed, grifts are utterly unbalanced, phylons are a joke in grifts, etc etc."

TON of threads about this, I think this was an attempt to kick the hornets nest on the subject.

I tried it out last night.

There are some really cool stuff too it beyond removing the fog of the map. Shows the damage of your individual skills, the time you spend in town, exp gained, and a bunch of other statistics.

Honestly most of this shit should be added by blizzard.

For regular play its not too advantageous but I can see it being very advantageous in grifts.

If I get banned I'll just move on to a new game that never ends like lol.

Last edited:
why does the items on the battle.net website, not show the potential of lvl70 properties? I have almost doubled my properties on certain items...how can I know what to really re-roll without knowing the max property values?

I really don't see why TurboHUD would get you banned. It doesn't give enough of a maphack to warrant it, IMO. The crazy amount of additional info far outweighs the slight increase in sight you gain on the minimap. If I end up getting banned using it then I probably won't re-buy D3. I finally got my monk basically geared as far as he can go and rifts are getting boring.

I really feel like all the rift/grifts are a grind building you up to some endgame fight, but then....there is just nothing else to do at the end of the day after all that grinding.

D3 is already stale with where it can go with what we currently have to use. Clan members are almost non existent in game anymore. I'm about to join them in moving on.

Understandable. I finally completed all the season conquests, and just getting the seasonal achievements before moving on. (I'm not going to spend a thousand hours getting all the other achievements I already have in non season).

I have 1000's of materials (~600 legendary), around 600 mil gold and a stash full of gear in seasons. I just don't see the point of playing right now anymore, greater rifts aren't really interesting to me. I'll probably check it out when Season 2 finally comes along, this season has been going on for way too long.

D3 is already stale with where it can go with what we currently have to use. Clan members are almost non existent in game anymore. I'm about to join them in moving on.

There are several HOCP clan members in the game pretty much every night, myself included.

Ruins of Corvus and Boon of the Hoarder. I think I calculated 100 million or more gold per hour doing that. Maybe it was 400 mil, I forget. My Boon of the Hoarder isn't even leveled very high.

Ruins of Corvus and Boon of the Hoarder. I think I calculated 100 million or more gold per hour doing that. Maybe it was 400 mil, I forget. My Boon of the Hoarder isn't even leveled very high.

Have mine at level 25. I go the the place just before the leorics crown crypts. Probably 500 mil an hour at T6.

I have 1000's of materials (~600 legendary), around 600 mil gold and a stash full of gear in seasons. I just don't see the point of playing right now anymore, greater rifts aren't really interesting to me. I'll probably check it out when Season 2 finally comes along, this season has been going on for way too long.

Today marks 6 weeks since season 1 started (August 29th) so clearly Blizzard fucked up if people are complaining it's been "way too long". They made it super easy to gear up (people getting 6-piece sets in one day) and only legendaries matter, so then it's basically grifts or bust...

Personally I find grifts to be more of a chore than anything else...the RNG is atrocious and takes all the fun out of the beat-the-clock scenario, plus there are like 4 maps to run and they're all corridors.

There are several HOCP clan members in the game pretty much every night, myself included.

True, but the numbers are vastly lower than what they were. Quite a few of the current nightly folks are new as well. A lot of the "regulars" since the clan started have disappeared and I can understand why.

I only still play because I enjoy running with the folks who regularly run weeknights. I'll try a season toon in season 2 just cause I don't have one yet. If nothing new is out by then, I'm done.

I have a seasonal toon as well, maybe not geared the best but I'm up for some runs if see me on ( PitViper 2112)...

If you're under 4.15bp, which you definitely ARE, then you have no reason to be using 1h xbow at all.
You should be using Etrayu and hit the highest breakpoint possible (2.84).

Back