Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

So leveled up my wizard from 60 to 70 and in half the time clearing content so much easier than my crusader. Elemental damage gear ftw apparently.

That's because until you get a high damage roll Fate of the Fell, full Akkhan set with Heaven's Fury damage roll, and 40%+ elemental damage, your sader won't do respectable burst damage to compete with a wizard.

I do 350ish million damage to elites when all 3 beams connect. Having played a sader for 500ish hours, I can tell you that with lesser gear, the burst damage is so much reduced. I still remember when getting 25 million per beam on elites was something I was proud of.

That's because until you get a high damage roll Fate of the Fell, full Akkhan set with Heaven's Fury damage roll, and 40%+ elemental damage, your sader won't do respectable burst damage to compete with a wizard.

I do 350ish million damage to elites when all 3 beams connect. Having played a sader for 500ish hours, I can tell you that with lesser gear, the burst damage is so much reduced. I still remember when getting 25 million per beam on elites was something I was proud of.

You're telling me that now? I'm happy that I do 15m per beam..... and now I hear that it's on the low side? :eek:

lol, guess I still need to find the rest of the akkhan sets....

You're telling me that now? I'm happy that I do 15m per beam..... and now I hear that it's on the low side? :eek:

lol, guess I still need to find the rest of the akkhan sets....

Keep in mind that you should at the bare minimum have Heaven's Fury damage on the chest piece, since that's the easiest to get. You almost always ID an Akkhan chest with 3 sockets, main stat, and vitality. Roll Heaven's Fury on it. Shoulders are a bit harder to come by since you don't want to sacrifice CDR for it.

The hardest piece to get is Hellskull with CDR, crit, and Heaven's Fury. Took me about 70k shards to get one that I could enchant to achieve those rolls +str.

The rest is sort of obvious. Holy damage on Reaper's Wraps. Holy SOJ (whenever you find one). Holy damage necklace.

first run on my barb, immortal kings chest drops. i stopped after that and jumped on the wizard. :D

I need to play again, wanna start working on my sader again since that new shield is out for condemnation.

Don't have a demon hunter in HC yet. Do you happen to have a video of a rift so I can compare?

I found this one and it seems we are about the same speed....but I'm guessing a stronger build would be faster as he wouldn't have to stop on elite packs as long.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYnso4B99dY

I wouldn't say DH is twice as fast - more like 30% faster (having played both classes up to T6+ viable gear). Movement may be faster, but the DH has to stop to shoot unless using strafe

The big difference is the DH can do fast clears all the way up to T6 ~ I can clear a T6 rift in around 2 min *with the right density/mobs* (prob average around 4 min I'd guess)....as far as I know the Monk simply can't do that on higher T lvls.

Here's an example of that (this isn't me), although I tend to run with a movement speed passive when I solo.
Guy in the vid has pretty much GG gear on though. His Taskers and Witching Hour are god-like......

I wouldn't say DH is twice as fast - more like 30% faster (having played both classes up to T6+ viable gear). Movement may be faster, but the DH has to stop to shoot unless using strafe

The big difference is the DH can do fast clears all the way up to T6 ~ I can clear a T6 rift in around 2 min *with the right density/mobs* (prob average around 4 min I'd guess)....as far as I know the Monk simply can't do that on higher T lvls.

Here's an example of that (this isn't me), although I tend to run with a movement speed passive when I solo.
Guy in the vid has pretty much GG gear on though. His Taskers and Witching Hour are god-like......

High torment the DH wins hands down. Even at T1 it slows my build down significantly. But on normal's it cooks and it only requires 1 hand.

Lol, nice to see that T6 Rift Guardians drop the same trial key + forgotten soul that I've been seeing in T1-T3. :rolleyes:

Spent 1k shards gambling and got all blues and yellows. So either I got shafted on RNG or there claims that they made legendaries easier to get gambling is a crock.

Yea. I have heard mixed results from gambling now. Everyone in the [H] clan is getting terrible RNG and my IRL friends are having great luck...I just happen to be in the boat with clan members.

I've gotten really bad luck today with the new prices while others I know are actually getting something. This also makes it harder for people without prior characters to actually "farm" shards to get gear and also tough for people who aren't able to run higher Torment levels.

Developer says you should be getting 33% more legendaries over all from kadala. Chance is now 10%.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14579177912?page=2#34

Unfortunately the higher costs make it more susceptible to 'cold streaks'. Over time it should average out to be more, but it's going to feel terrible when you get nothing 25 tries in a row. That being said, I've had plenty of 1000 shard streaks before the change without a single legendary. Dumped about 400 today and got 3 legendaries.

I think it just got worse. My last Grift run on T2 actually dropped two white objects. I was in shock, like WTF??? Oh and Kadala, just shoot me. Bitch just took 500 off me with nothing to show. I just want a Dinetta's Revenge bitch! :p

I've gotten really bad luck today with the new prices while others I know are actually getting something. This also makes it harder for people without prior characters to actually "farm" shards to get gear and also tough for people who aren't able to run higher Torment levels.

Well with the increase of mat drops from guardians that should mean those folks can do some crafting instead for decent gear to advance.

I keep getting those damn Gladiator Gauntlets and St Archew gloves. That said, seems to make more sense to get 500 bloodshards now rather than spending 50-100 you get after each rift.

I think the RNG still sucks for kadala. I've seen 2 TnT over a span of 2 years. 1 sucked terribly and the one I've got is passable.

For my new odds of getting legs, I got Gladiator gloves.. twice... then went dry for the next 1k.

Mats wise, I'm now running out of yellows where pre-patch I was always short on blues.

Pre-patch, my presence (only 530 paragon) would spike grift trial to some crazy 40 level then end up with a key anywhere from 33-37. Post patch in a group, highest I've seen is... 24.... WTF blizzard. I've carried up to 33 )with 3 200 level friends) fine and 35 was down to the wire. I admit 37 was a slaughter, but seriously even with 400 levels we were getting 24 as our ranking and clearing 24 with 9+ mins to spare.

Pre patch, this let us upgrade gems and get some decent loot even if we didn't clear, now with a 24, I'm getting jack all for drops AND have no choice but to upgrade my key as I can't upgrade any gems with that pathetic key. Solo I've gone from 33 to 34 with 4 mins to spare...

Guess I'm one of those few lucky guys.... I got 3 pieces of Akkran set from Kadela today.

I'd say it's a good step.

Was playing around with the 4.15 breakpoint on my Demon Hunter last night with sub-optimal gear.

I only used the Enforcer Gem and the Gem of Efficacious Toxin with a pure fire loadout (no bane of the trapped or cull the weak). Don't have the gear to hit the breakpoint with 3 gems yet.....doubt I will anytime soon either. Pretty much need perfect rolls on every slot to do it.

Vid

Kill speed it still pretty damn good, it's nice to slot different skills other than the cookie-cutter build

I think I'm going to farm out a helltrapper to play with a dual wield sentry build....just need a GG Calamity to go with it(haha...)

I blew about 3000 Veiled Crystals before the patch a few days ago and now they've drastically nerfed VC in-take, mostly by nerfing Kadala.

Even after a few hours of farming yesterday I only made about 150-200 Crystals, which is enough for about 3 or 4 rerolls on certain pieces of gear. It takes 2 T6 rifts just to re-roll your chest ONE TIME.

I guess I won't be experimenting with any new builds (or alts) for a while. Can't afford to gear them.

How do you use 3k Veiled Crystals so fast? I have like 7 or 8k and was just crafting some set pieces last week. Replenished all within a couple of rifts. Do you do T6 with a group? How long does it take you to complete a T6 rift? Yesterday I was doing T4 in a group and finishing each rift in like 5 minutes or so.

Crafting perfect stats takes a few hundred.
Rolling perfect stats takes another few hundred.
Repeat for multiple slots.

Last week is irrelevant now since the VC nerf went into effect yesterday. Even if you pick up EVERY RARE item off the ground + Kadala you will make about 25-30 VC's per rift. That's 1-2 enchant rolls for most pieces of gear.

I blew through 500 mil trying to roll a perfect stat quiver. It's VERY easy to blow thru mats, gear when you're trying to squeeze out every bit of damage.

I've also noted the bounty/rift/grift selection is broken. I keep getting matched to the wrong damn game type or people just don't care anymore...

Crafting perfect stats takes a few hundred.
Rolling perfect stats takes another few hundred.
Repeat for multiple slots.

Last week is irrelevant now since the VC nerf went into effect yesterday. Even if you pick up EVERY RARE item off the ground + Kadala you will make about 25-30 VC's per rift. That's 1-2 enchant rolls for most pieces of gear.

I always find myself running out of the blue crafting component. I think I have 3K+ Veiled Crystals in the Stash right now.

As I said the nerf went into effect YESTERDAY.
Veiled Crystals are now the rarest mat in the game by a ratio of about 2:1 if you only pick up yellows. You will run out of them quick, and faster than any other mat you have.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14579148051

If you look at equalized drop rates, Arcane Dust and Reusable Parts outnumber Veiled Crystals by about 4:1 or 5:1.
The reason you have so many right now is because pre-patch they were the most common crafting material. They are now the rarest. The pain will set-in once you start rolling gear.

Extended reading:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14580368019
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14579618023
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14579007898
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14579357972
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14581068030
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14579328015

Last edited:
I stocked up to 4k of every crafting mat, including breathes, just in case they pulled crap like this. I'm not a hyper re-roller for max stats so the change doesn't deeply effect me but I can see others running into situations where you run out.

Funny how Blizz keeps players in a situation where you run out of materials. Once the AH was closed and patch applied it was breathes. Then it was mats in general, then it was gold, then it was leg specific mats, then souls, then gold again, now its one mat.

I understand they are trying to make it so you continue to play with a goal in mind but the grind is getting ridiculous. I've lost count now on how many shards I've spent trying to get taskers. I am convinced certain players are just doomed to get the one piece of gear they really need. Been playing with a few folks from here looking for MOJ's and have yet to find one where as I have gotten 7+. They currently have multiple taskers where I have none.

I got 2 pairs of IK Gloves gambling with enough shards for 2 pairs of gloves. I clicked on gloves twice and got 2 pairs of IK gloves and was like wow, I bet that will never happen again.

Terrible u can after a torment 6 rift afford gamble 1 frickin amu... thanks for that shit blizzard :(

Was playing around with the 4.15 breakpoint on my Demon Hunter last night with sub-optimal gear.

I only used the Enforcer Gem and the Gem of Efficacious Toxin with a pure fire loadout (no bane of the trapped or cull the weak). Don't have the gear to hit the breakpoint with 3 gems yet.....doubt I will anytime soon either. Pretty much need perfect rolls on every slot to do it.

Vid

Kill speed it still pretty damn good, it's nice to slot different skills other than the cookie-cutter build

I think I'm going to farm out a helltrapper to play with a dual wield sentry build....just need a GG Calamity to go with it(haha...)

I was reading that thing about the break points and I don't really have a grasp on the concept. What does it mean exactly?
I had to go back to my Calamity from the other 2h bow, the Etrayu I think, since I seemed much weaker with it.
this is what I am wearing at the moment,
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zepher-1253/hero/48061290
Calamity had no socket so I rolled one in, so I am stuck with the Holy Damage on that weapon.
I just need one more item so I'll have the full Marauders kit.

Back