Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

iGXcEtE.png

After an unfortunate failure tonight to keep myself or any Fetishes alive in a L31 Greater Rift, I may need to be rethinking a pet build. I just can't make it work consistently, and when I die, all the momentum goes into the toilet and I can't get any new Fetishes to keep the mobs off my ass or do any damage. My gear is pretty good too:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ocellaris-1324/hero/42944548

The Zombie Dog never dies (and can crit for ~100 million), but all the mobs just run around and kill the other Pets in a hurry or kill me. I switched to +Poison to help out the big dog and it doesn't matter when nothing else stays alive.

After an unfortunate failure tonight to keep myself or any Fetishes alive in a L31 Greater Rift, I may need to be rethinking a pet build. I just can't make it work consistently, and when I die, all the momentum goes into the toilet and I can't get any new Fetishes to keep the mobs off my ass or do any damage. My gear is pretty good too:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ocellaris-1324/hero/42944548

The Zombie Dog never dies (and can crit for ~100 million), but all the mobs just run around and kill the other Pets in a hurry or kill me. I switched to +Poison to help out the big dog and it doesn't matter when nothing else stays alive.

You're 340 and have Star Metal Kukri. The drop gods smile on you.

You're 340 and have Star Metal Kukri. The drop gods smile on you.

It is bad in 30+ G Rifts though, I think I need to switch to Rhen'ho Flayer for the crowd control. Which might mean dropping Big Bad Voodoo for Horrify as well.

going to do more rifts and grifts tonight if anyone wants T4 or 5 depending on the group? probably around 7pm est

Damn the Boon of the Hoarder gem is insane now that it procs off of pets. Just crafted about 40 million worth of gems and already made about 20 back in less than an hour. My gold find is around 2800% on T4. (Almost got killed though, damn phasebeasts)

I was playing with a group the other night running rifts and one player had that 6 piece set and they were destroying everything. the three of us were just running behind him picking up all the loot.

This is typically how I feel whenever I'm in a game with stevedave

edit: oh shit, did he lose his monk? :(

So, any particular builds geared around the legendary chestpiece that guarantees crits when you're under X% (20-25%) life?

From what I gather, building around an item in D3 is as simple as using the spell or damagetype found on the item.

If i'm mistaken and there are some more intricate builds, I'd enjoy hearing about them. Maybe it'll spark some interest to build a character in this game again.

There are only really a couple of viable builds. Barbarians are generally some form of Raekor's, Saders are usually around Fate of the Fell + their 6 set (not rolands, although I haven't checked that out yet), DH obviously M6 sentry, Wizards some sort of Firebirds (hydra or other), Monk's I'm no 100% sure on but it's based around the one set (Sunwuko's I think it's called) and witch doctor's are either Pet or Jade Harvesters.

There are also certain legendary gems for each build. I know the DH one is the elite damage one, pet damage and CC damage gem.

There really isn't that much variety at higher torments/GR.

Anyone have a idea for alternate WD builds? My non season pet doc was awesome and t6 capable.

But since they nerfed gargantuan damage, I'm not hitting as hard as I used to with this new season build. I tried a sacrifice build, and while it was mildly interesting, but it didn't kill as fast as the fetish...

Granted, I don't have my taskers and jeram, but..... :/

Jade?
The other builds are dictated by helms. Carnevil (Dart build) is popular, but you need the new 2.1 Dagger of Darts.

So, any particular builds geared around the legendary chestpiece that guarantees crits when you're under X% (20-25%) life?

I have that one, and the problem is basically everything else has Life on Hit, Life on Kill, or straight up health regen, so you are rarely, if ever at the level required to get it to happen regularly. It's really only like an "Oh shit I'm going to die, maybe these extra crits will save me" kind of thing, which happens extremely rarely in the first place.

Are any skills, items, or otherwise that assist in keeping your life low, or use life as a resource?

Well I remember a chest that if you dropped low in life your critical chance rate would be 100%. And I think I have a weapon somewhere that did the same. But as Climber said in Diablo 3 those type of interesting builds don't exist.

Here's the thing with diablo 3. If you get bored with the playstyle of a certain class, it's best to make another character and try a different class. Hence why I like seasons. I'm gonna try to play a different class each season. I started with my mage on 2.0, got a bit bored. Found tal rashas, then vyrs plus mirrorball. That got boring and I started a witch doctor. He started to get a bit stale, then he died on the DDOS weekend. Kinda shitty but it set me up for seasons. My demon hunter already died once but I didn't maximize the gear yet so I remade her. Still having fun, and if I get bored I can go play my barbarian or crusader on nonseasons.

xiRONCROSSs just power leveled the shit out of my friends and I (kelly). Thanks man!

This is typically how I feel whenever I'm in a game with stevedave

edit: oh shit, did he lose his monk? :(

Yep lost my monk....like a tard Fighting azmodanin T4 his fire ball hit me triggered my near death experience and I didn't notice so I thought it just hit me for for about 60% of my life so I just let it hit me the second time....which killed me.

I have lost a High end wizard and a High end monk...but all is good I have another high end wizard and am about to reach Paragon 200.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/52658762

Also sitting on 100 million gold thanks to the gold gem.

Todays been a very bad for drops. Cant seem to find a replacement for my 2 hander for the last week.

I think I'm going to give up on my DH for a while, lost all patience trying to get an RoRG/Carapace (hit the glass ceiling, as it were). Working on my wizard now. Maybe my season barb if I feel like grinding another 20+ levels to reach 70.

Man, seems every DH except me has bad luck getting Marauder pieces. I'm already working on my backup set again :eek:

Man, seems every DH except me has bad luck getting Marauder pieces. I'm already working on my backup set again :eek:

I've gotten more Marauder set pieces today than I've gotten monk set pieces, and I mainly play my monk and only have 12 hours on my DH. (4 Pieces for the DH vs. 1 over a course of who knows how many hundreds of hours).

The good news though, I finally soloed T6 Mal for my season character with 300k dps. But it took awhile (about 30 minutes). Yes, DH's are horribly unbalanced compared to every other class.

Are you playing regular or hardcore?

Mostly hardcore, but this was in sc. I'm trying to get all the conquests out of the way, so this was a minimally prepared dh. (I already have better gear prepared on hc from clan secondary drops as we are preparing for the 1 hour run). Like I said, I'm not a DH normally, and was surprised I only failed once before beating him (and it was a pretty stupid fail). I just can't imagine doing the same with my monk.

I would play my DH if I knew I could get M6 within a few days.
Right now I'm just playing my other toons and using Shards on my DH. Eventually I'll get there.

I'm anticipating a huge nerf shortly, Blizzard's nerf history is very predictable and in this situation I can see them turning the DH into a vegetable by the end of the year. And yes I know they said they wanted to "bring other classes up" to the DH's level. Blizzard are liars.

You will wake up one day and find a hotfix reducing turret duration to 5-10 seconds, making them take damage (rendering them useless like WD pets), giving them a short range/long fire time, etc.
Blizzard always goes too far. The current GR ranks are the biggest factor.

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...ter-rifts-xp-exploit-70-b-xp-hour-200-paragon

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14277908074

Make a greater rift lvl 27-36 (the one you can clear faster) with 4 players(can be done with 3 as well). Player A will be the leecher. Players B-C-D will clear the rift.

Once the rift is opened, Player A will zone in with the group to kill 10 + mobs. after 10+ mobs he will port to town and stay there for the whole rift while players B-C-D clears the rift. For some reasons, you get 50x+ more xp while in town than while in the rift. You get even more XP with an XP pool and +XP gear (hellfire ring, leoric crown with ruby, etc). Once the rift is cleared you switch roles.. Player B becomes the leecher and players A-C-D clear the next rift.

side note: Since my last post, I've gotten 2 pieces of Marauder's from Kadala today. Both pants and boots from 1 day of farming rifts on my WD. :)

I've been playing a hardcore ladder Crusader. Haven't had much time to grind yet, so it's 70 but not really torment-viable. Ridiculously high toughness (I'm paranoid about dying, never played much HC), and low DPS.

Last night I got that Eternal Union ring, the one that doubles Phalanx uptime. Now able to have the phalanx pets out permanently, which is just awesome. And the archers run and still attack even while you are mounted. Now the crusader feels like my witch doctor. Doing normal bounty runs with that and the flail that grants 2x mount duration (6s total) is crazy fast.

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/di...ter-rifts-xp-exploit-70-b-xp-hour-200-paragon

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14277908074

Make a greater rift lvl 27-36 (the one you can clear faster) with 4 players(can be done with 3 as well). Player A will be the leecher. Players B-C-D will clear the rift.

Once the rift is opened, Player A will zone in with the group to kill 10 + mobs. after 10+ mobs he will port to town and stay there for the whole rift while players B-C-D clears the rift. For some reasons, you get 50x+ more xp while in town than while in the rift. You get even more XP with an XP pool and +XP gear (hellfire ring, leoric crown with ruby, etc). Once the rift is cleared you switch roles.. Player B becomes the leecher and players A-C-D clear the next rift.

side note: Since my last post, I've gotten 2 pieces of Marauder's from Kadala today. Both pants and boots from 1 day of farming rifts on my WD. :)

People were streaming this on Twitch too, RIP season ladders.

People were streaming this on Twitch too, RIP season ladders.

Did anyone ever believe ladders were real or achievable? It pretty much is the whole clan promotes one person/persons to be on it.

Pretty much, unless you're having a group of people specifically help you out,, you never had a shot.

In regular, I'm swimming in Mara sets, I have almost 3 complete backups now. Took about a week for my 5 piece + a rorg I had, then a couple weeks for the 6th. Not having the same luck in seasons, got my first piece last night (around paragon 90) though. yay? Got 4 piece Nat set in like 3 hours though, kind of weird...but RNG

Back