Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I support this message. RoS makes the game completely different and the last few patches have really improved the game a lot.

Plus even better, you can make a Seasonal character and just go ahead and start with a blank slate, make it even more fun.

Thanks guys. Bought RoS last night from blizzard (didn't want to risk saving a few bucks for serial keys that might not get to me).

Made a Crusader but the Act1 cinematic kept skipping, decided to leave the PC on to finish all the download.

Will get my first real playthrough in over a year tonight perhaps.

Got to paragon 102 and Rift 19 then died.

In the top 20 in the US for HC solo Wizard.

Got to paragon 102 and Rift 19 then died.

In the top 20 in the US for HC solo Wizard.

RIP! :(:p

You're gonna feel sooo slow without that crazy teleport gear, but such is the HC life. What ended up getting you? I just got a WD to 58 last night so hopefully I can grab the last few levels today or tomorrow.

I've basically focused on running the "Clear the Hell Rift" bounty, since it's quick (you can port in every time), gives a larger amount of experience than most other quests (double many of the others), and also has a good chance of a cursed chest that either spawns (a) a small pack of white mobs, or (b) a horrible champion Mallet Lord pack, and the chest awards the same amount of exp that the bounty does. The bounty also has a high spawn rate, which is nice too. Other than that, I throw in Jar of Souls, Warriors Rest/CotA (when they spawn), The Cursed Cellar, Clear Cryder's Outpost (much rarer now), and sometimes Den of the Fallen if I think I need upgrades since there's always a Resplendent Chest there. Miner's Gold is okay in that it's very easy to locate, but the exp is half of the Hell Rift bounty. It does have a Resplendent Chest every time too though.

RIP! :(:p

You're gonna feel sooo slow without that crazy teleport gear, but such is the HC life. What ended up getting you? I just got a WD to 58 last night so hopefully I can grab the last few levels today or tomorrow.

I've basically focused on running the "Clear the Hell Rift" bounty, since it's quick (you can port in every time), gives a larger amount of experience than most other quests (double many of the others), and also has a good chance of a cursed chest that either spawns (a) a small pack of white mobs, or (b) a horrible champion Mallet Lord pack, and the chest awards the same amount of exp that the bounty does. The bounty also has a high spawn rate, which is nice too. Other than that, I throw in Jar of Souls, Warriors Rest/CotA (when they spawn), The Cursed Cellar, Clear Cryder's Outpost (much rarer now), and sometimes Den of the Fallen if I think I need upgrades since there's always a Resplendent Chest there. Miner's Gold is okay in that it's very easy to locate, but the exp is half of the Hell Rift bounty. It does have a Resplendent Chest every time too though.

teleported on 2 mobs and they had jailer and Ice bombs....teleport no go. Already got a monk up to 70 though....took about 4 hours.

Lol where the hell are the goblins? cleared a bounty act1 didnt see a single one.. and they are supposed to come in pairs now? they sure seem to spawn less in the new update bah.. i could use some money to upgrade :(

I've seen a ton of Goblins, and if its that portal you want? Good Luck. Haven't seen it let out of 50 or so goblins.

I killed about 200-250 for my portal, but that was when Halls of Agony 2 farming worked.
If you find a portal, make sure you go to town and put on as much Gold Find gear as you can.

I am streaming some Diablo 3 right now for those bored enough to care twitch.tv/wildace

When did monks get nerfed, they've always been the weakest class in the game.
They basically don't exist.

Like Hark I love my monk, but it is painful to play next to any other class. I thought I was doing good until I started grouping and was like wtf...started leveling a crusader with the help of Hark and pretty much I've already passed my monk (97 hours vs 15 hours).

Don't know how I always seem to pick the weakest class in multiplayer games :mad:

I've seen a ton of Goblins, and if its that portal you want? Good Luck. Haven't seen it let out of 50 or so goblins.

Hit a portal yesterday during a bounty, there's a shit ton of gold to be had. At the end you battle a boss named "Greed" and I was able to grab 2-3 legendaries from his chest :)

Just killed Malthael on T6 Hardcore. The sader i was running with died. Woo number 5!

Just killed Malthael on T6 Hardcore. The sader i was running with died. Woo number 5!

I was ready to be super impressed since I don't step into T6 anything in HC, but then I saw that 6-piece Marauders vs Malthael consisted of this which was much less impressive. Basically you drop invulnerable sentries and run around avoiding damage while they do everything?

I do not have the expansion and I have made a season character... so my question still stands?

basically without the expansion you can only get to level 60, no adventure mode, no crusader, no act five and I think you get none of the new legendary sets or items that came in with the expansion.

I was ready to be super impressed since I don't step into T6 anything in HC, but then I saw that 6-piece Marauders vs Malthael consisted of this which was much less impressive. Basically you drop invulnerable sentries and run around avoiding damage while they do everything?

Except that if you get hit once you are pretty much dead. He jumps at you, I procced awareness twice because of that. It's not as easy when your sentries don't do as much damage as the ones in that vid did. It may not be as hard as with some classes but it's not a walk in the park either.

Like Hark I love my monk, but it is painful to play next to any other class. I thought I was doing good until I started grouping and was like wtf...started leveling a crusader with the help of Hark and pretty much I've already passed my monk (97 hours vs 15 hours).

Don't know how I always seem to pick the weakest class in multiplayer games :mad:

Not a problem. Just spreading the love around.

Finally managed to get a goblin portal in t6. Unfortunately, I learned that unless players are in the same game as you, they cannot enter the portal. Soon as the portal popped, I put on gold find gear from town and dumped paragon into gold find. Had something like 11,650% gold find. Went from 97 mill to 286 million by the end of it. In fact, within about 20 yards in, I went from 97 million to 164 million. lol

Except that if you get hit once you are pretty much dead. He jumps at you, I procced awareness twice because of that. It's not as easy when your sentries don't do as much damage as the ones in that vid did. It may not be as hard as with some classes but it's not a walk in the park either.

seems like an extremely boring way to play just dropping sentries like that

Finally managed to get a goblin portal in t6. Unfortunately, I learned that unless players are in the same game as you, they cannot enter the portal. Soon as the portal popped, I put on gold find gear from town and dumped paragon into gold find. Had something like 11,650% gold find. Went from 97 mill to 286 million by the end of it. In fact, within about 20 yards in, I went from 97 million to 164 million. lol
Shit I forgot about paragon gold find.
I was abusing the T6 Grift bug to farm gold, about 12,500% without the paragon.

Hit a portal yesterday during a bounty, there's a shit ton of gold to be had. At the end you battle a boss named "Greed" and I was able to grab 2-3 legendaries from his chest :)
Greed is a she ;).

Just my luck, I got a portal while doing Normal bounties from the first pair of goblins I saw after the patch... Was only worth around 9 million gold, and I haven't seen another one since while running T4 :(.

I ran into two Gob Rifts yesterday, too bad it was only on normal, but I managed to get about 20m. I'd spend it all for a decent RoRG :eek:

Couple of things I have noticed since starting a Season character (Crusader) and playing through a bit of Act V with my level 60 DH:

1) Drop rates on legendaries are shit. I'm almost level 30 and the only legendaries I've gotten have been the mandatory drops from first-time bosses, and actually I got the same fucking legendary from both, just with slightly different stats.

2) I haven't gotten too far in Act V, but so far I have noticed that barely any weapons drop, whereas it seems like in the base game with my Season character shit is dropping all the time.

Not a problem. Just spreading the love around.

I seriously appreciate the tips and strategies you offered. Playing solo I was just dunking around and never knew the vast majority of stuff about the game. So Thanks!

Couple of things I have noticed since starting a Season character (Crusader) and playing through a bit of Act V with my level 60 DH:

1) Drop rates on legendaries are shit. I'm almost level 30 and the only legendaries I've gotten have been the mandatory drops from first-time bosses, and actually I got the same fucking legendary from both, just with slightly different stats.

2) I haven't gotten too far in Act V, but so far I have noticed that barely any weapons drop, whereas it seems like in the base game with my Season character shit is dropping all the time.

I have a full marauder's set already(by saturday night) plus nat's and some shadow. 50 million gold + mostly max gems. Play adventure mode.

Adventure mode actually has better drops?

Not sure if serious. Rifts give you tons of monsters, greater rift guardians will usually always drop at least one legendary. Plus the bloodshards from the rifts can also potentially give you gear. I think I go 3 or 4 pieces from Kadala.

Legendaries are pretty pointless in leveling (aside from exp boosts) you often replace them within the hour when leveling.

I level strictly through adventure mode. Seasonal and regular. No gear problems here and if I do run into a difficult spot, I just go craft some gear.

I've been playing for weeks and I still don't have the Marauder's Carapace, it's getting ridiculous now.

RNG is not your friend. But Adventure Mode gives you a lot more opportunities for drops than campaign.

I personally have only leveled using campaign mode for some reason, until I finish the campaign then switch to adventure. I have a WD that I farm with in seasons, and trying a barb, but they are just too slow moving. I think I will probably try leveling a DH or Wiz using purely adventure mode this week instead, (well minus my WD farm sessions)...

I've been playing for weeks and I still don't have the Marauder's Carapace, it's getting ridiculous now.

RNG is not your friend. But Adventure Mode gives you a lot more opportunities for drops than campaign.

That's RNG for you, it took me a month to get Marauder boots, eventually got them as a drop in a rift, Kadala never delivered. As for the Marauder chest...I've had 7 of them, I've kept 3 and salvaged the others

Alright, sounds like I should say fuck it to the main quest and play Adventure Mode.

I personally have only leveled using campaign mode for some reason, until I finish the campaign then switch to adventure. I have a WD that I farm with in seasons, and trying a barb, but they are just too slow moving. I think I will probably try leveling a DH or Wiz using purely adventure mode this week instead, (well minus my WD farm sessions)...
Yeah, I plan on leveling DH purely in AM next, starting Rifts around level 30 probably. I have plenty of key fragments from endlessly farming RoRG :rolleyes:.

Back