Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

anniversary buff for leg drop rates will be a permanent change
Rift fragment drops will return to normal

source: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12926172697#1

totally-awesome.gif

So i got a new toy today (Golden Flense) and got a pretty badass roll on it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bucknaked-1438/hero/45647983

It came with max wrath restore (4), 3.70 wrath per second on it, +max wrath, and high-end max damage. So between those, my near perfect cindercoat, and resource reduction from paragon points I can spam Sweep Attack - Blazing Sweep indefinitely even versus a single target. Also, since it actually costs wrath instead of removing the cost (i.e. Foote) it actually procs Wrathful's healing.

So since Sweep Attack is now both my generator and spender (or pure generator if I use Righteousness) should I slot in another spender or just use another utility spell? I can't really think of what to use as a spender but it seems sort of wasteful to just sit there with a full wrath bar as well. Anyone have any experience with a Golden Flense build?

So i got a new toy today (Golden Flense) and got a pretty badass roll on it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bucknaked-1438/hero/45647983

It came with max wrath restore (4), 3.70 wrath per second on it, +max wrath, and high-end max damage. So between those, my near perfect cindercoat, and resource reduction from paragon points I can spam Sweep Attack - Blazing Sweep indefinitely even versus a single target. Also, since it actually costs wrath instead of removing the cost (i.e. Foote) it actually procs Wrathful's healing.

So since Sweep Attack is now both my generator and spender (or pure generator if I use Righteousness) should I slot in another spender or just use another utility spell? I can't really think of what to use as a spender but it seems sort of wasteful to just sit there with a full wrath bar as well. Anyone have any experience with a Golden Flense build?

Since you want to be spamming Sweep I'd think that stopping to spam something else would be counterproductive unless that spender was far more powerful. I'd try working in something like Condemn (Reciprocate), Heaven's Fury (no fire runes though), or perhaps Shield Glare (Devine Verdict) for the extra 20%.

Other than that, Heaven's Tempest is probably what you should stick with since it procs Fire Starter well and shouldn't really interrupt the flow of combat.

Since you want to be spamming Sweep I'd think that stopping to spam something else would be counterproductive unless that spender was far more powerful. I'd try working in something like Condemn (Reciprocate), Heaven's Fury (no fire runes though), or perhaps Shield Glare (Devine Verdict) for the extra 20%.

Other than that, Heaven's Tempest is probably what you should stick with since it procs Fire Starter well and shouldn't really interrupt the flow of combat.

Yea, Heaven's Tempest still seems to be the best thing to spam when AC is up. I do like your suggestion of Condemn (Reciprocate), I shall have to give it a go.

I'd still like a Mortal Drama but I still haven't had one drop in two months. Sad.

Popped a rift guardian solo on t5 on my sader in under 10 seconds. No conduit.

Was it the Stonesinger? That guy doesn't count :p That is pretty awesome though.

Sometimes I dread T5 RGs on my Witch Doctor. If everything lines up, I have max fetishes + drop a Big Bad Voodoo, the RG pops pretty quick.

If the Fetishes start to die and can't get early hits in, things start really dragging out. And sometimes the Fetishes just run 70 yards behind me instead of going after the RG :D

Last edited:
Ocellaris once you get Zuni set (assuming you haven't) your fetishes will do pretty well. Are you wearing a MoJ as well? Tasker and Theo helps IMMENSELY

Ocellaris once you get Zuni set (assuming you haven't) your fetishes will do pretty well. Are you wearing a MoJ as well? Tasker and Theo helps IMMENSELY

I am doing pretty well on gear. No usable Zuni pieces yet though. I have 2 Zuni helms (Can't replace Mask of Jeram), and terrible Zuni chest, and the off hand. Not using any of them currently:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ocellaris-1324/hero/42944548

If I get Zuni boots I would be happy. I keep buying boots from Kadala.

Was it the Stonesinger? That guy doesn't count :p That is pretty awesome though.
:D

I think it was the butcher. That or the golem that can multiply to three golems.

I think they're fixing fetishes aren't they?

Also, when I popped the rift guard in t5 in under 10 seconds, I was using a one hander. ;) I have my 2900 damage Fate of the Fell stashed.

Still trying to get my last 2 Akkahn pieces dang it... =(

I've actually found them all while rifting, mostly solo. Only found one from Crusader March community when I did crusader only rifts. You can gamble torment sets now from Kadala. I never lucked out and am still trying to gamble a better pair of Akkahn gloves after about 15,000 shards. My guildies have gambled torment sets before.

What's the normal damage and defense for a crusader? I think I'm at 239k damage and 8mil defense right now. Should I be trying to substitute some defense for more damage?

What's the normal damage and defense for a crusader? I think I'm at 239k damage and 8mil defense right now. Should I be trying to substitute some defense for more damage?

Link your character on battle.net, that seems really low if you have mostly legendary items.

239k damage at level 70? That's not normal for any class. That's super low. About 8-10 mill toughness for 1 hander sader and around 7-800k. 2 hand sader should be 12-15 mill toughness and 900k to 1 mill.

This is not using the block passives. Block saders are a very specific build that few people play.

239k damage at level 70? That's not normal for any class. That's super low. About 8-10 mill toughness for 1 hander sader and around 7-800k. 2 hand sader should be 12-15 mill toughness and 900k to 1 mill.

This is not using the block passives. Block saders are a very specific build that few people play.

I just turned 70 yesterday, lol.

I probably should have mentioned that :D

239k is low, but there is no normal without a frame of reference (how long have you been at 70? What difficulty? Paragon level?)... 1 mill profile dps puts you in the top 1500 Crusaders...

239k is just easily upgradable with a few tweaks and/or crafted rares/rerolls.

239k was maybe okay pre RoS. That's like using a level 60 weapon all the way to 70. :p My monk before paragon update was at 330k unbuffed.

Should get a few hundred thousand more damage just upgrading weapon alone. Don't worry too much about crafting jewelry. What you can do is craft the sets. Born and Captain's sets are amazing to hold you over until you find Akkahn set pieces. These sets provide 10% cooldown reduction each and some other bonuses. Aughild is also good because it gives 15% elite damage and 15% elite damage reduction. Asheara is nice for 100 resist and 20% life. Blackthornes...I know, people love to hate on Blackthorne, but as a placeholder until you find Akkahn again, it's good because of 10% elite damage.

IF you have a Ring of Royal Grandeur, which at this point probably sounds like you don't, you can wear 4 sets on Crusader. Born, Captain, Asheara, and Aughild. This is due to the ring letting you get by without having all set items equipped. In fact it removes the set piece requirement by 1, but you have to have a minimum of 2 set pieces equipped. So when I said you can wear 4 sets, it's 2 of each of the ones I listed.

Aughild hat/bracers, Captain's pants/belt, Born shoulders/chest, Asheara gloves/boots. I wore those for many many paragon levels on my crusader until I found Akkahn.

BTW, cool down reduction is the most important stat on crusader.

239k was maybe okay pre RoS. That's like using a level 60 weapon all the way to 70. :p My monk before paragon update was at 330k unbuffed.

Should get a few hundred thousand more damage just upgrading weapon alone. Don't worry too much about crafting jewelry. What you can do is craft the sets. Born and Captain's sets are amazing to hold you over until you find Akkahn set pieces. These sets provide 10% cooldown reduction each and some other bonuses. Aughild is also good because it gives 15% elite damage and 15% elite damage reduction. Asheara is nice for 100 resist and 20% life. Blackthornes...I know, people love to hate on Blackthorne, but as a placeholder until you find Akkahn again, it's good because of 10% elite damage.

IF you have a Ring of Royal Grandeur, which at this point probably sounds like you don't, you can wear 4 sets on Crusader. Born, Captain, Asheara, and Aughild. This is due to the ring letting you get by without having all set items equipped. In fact it removes the set piece requirement by 1, but you have to have a minimum of 2 set pieces equipped. So when I said you can wear 4 sets, it's 2 of each of the ones I listed.

Aughild hat/bracers, Captain's pants/belt, Born shoulders/chest, Asheara gloves/boots. I wore those for many many paragon levels on my crusader until I found Akkahn.

BTW, cool down reduction is the most important stat on crusader.

I just got Akkahn pants yesterday through the shard lady :)

Cool down reduction is the most important stat on a crusader? Whelp, I didn't know that. I actually think I traded the cool down stat on the pants for 2 gem slots......

Cdr is very important as you want to keep akarat up at all times.

I'm going to try to gamble Akkan shoulders and go with extra Cdr using crimson set perhaps to get an additional 10%. That should bring me to over 50% with Akkan set to boot.

I just got Akkahn pants yesterday through the shard lady :)

Cool down reduction is the most important stat on a crusader? Whelp, I didn't know that. I actually think I traded the cool down stat on the pants for 2 gem slots......

You cannot get cool down reduction on pants, so you're fine.

Cool down reduction is most important on crusader because most of their high damaging skills are on a cool down. Condemn, Falling Sword, Heaven's Fury, and of course Akarat Champion.

The class plays with a very different dynamic in terms of gear than the other classes that just stack crit chance, crit damage, increased attack speed, and elemental.

Gambled and got my fifth piece of Akkahn's tonight, least I have a RRoG to enable the full set effects. Loving it! :)

Not bad at all. 13 min t5 solo rift clear without using any of the special pylons. The maps weren't super dense either. Quite a bit of running around. Boss was Coldsnap.

Crusader is now awesome.

GOD'SlittleSERVANT, don't worry. Some players have killed thousands and thousands of elite packs and some have over 250, 300 hours in Reaper of Souls, aka 59 days.

239k is low, but there is no normal without a frame of reference (how long have you been at 70? What difficulty? Paragon level?)... 1 mill profile dps puts you in the top 1500 Crusaders...

239k is just easily upgradable with a few tweaks and/or crafted rares/rerolls.

Yeah I don't think the [H] average level is normal. But even as a scrub true DPS is rising, some abilities have been buffed.

Could you guys critique my monk? I'm a lvl 70 and only hitting 270k sheet DPS. I'd love to hear from anyone that know what they're doing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Opie-1667/hero/40636849

No socket on the mainhand and armor slots. Also, not max level gems. 280 dex for the highest gem is a ton of damage. x3 for the armor and you're looking at several tens of thousand in lost damage. Missing quite a bit of crit chance, crit damage, attack speed, and the new hotness, elemental skills damage (which is not actually reflected on the paper doll sheet but is arguably the most powerful of the damage stats).

Look up my monk for gearing examples. He's at 960k unbuffed at his paragon level: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Harkamsu-1769/hero/2619523

Could you guys critique my monk? I'm a lvl 70 and only hitting 270k sheet DPS. I'd love to hear from anyone that know what they're doing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Opie-1667/hero/40636849

I would also suggest crafting all of Asheara's to bump your pants and boots and getting the bonus's will help. You should be able to get over 8k dex pretty easy following what Hark said about gems. The biggest bump to damage will be adding crit chance and damage. You need a socket in main hand, need chance and damage on gloves, rings and ammy and also chance on your bracers and helm. Once you get ~40% chance and 400% damage (which is easy with a socket in both hands and on ammy) your sheet DPS will be much higher.

Have any of you WD used the tall mans finger ring? I must say, I was worried about having less dogs on the field for agro reasons, but damn. That single dog is extremely powerful. I don't have much decent gear and the dog is getting silly crits. Anyone else experience this ring?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ob12-1797/hero/40656140
I'm using it. Fire dog crits for 5-6m for fire damage, and 40m+ attack crits. It's like having a permanent lower level gargantuan hanging around.

Still trying to get my last 2 Akkahn pieces dang it... =(

I got my last 2 pieces of the Akkhans set two days ago, getting the entire set on my crusader has been a huge pain in the ass. It's like my crusader was cursed or something. Then my newly leveled 70 witch doctor gets 3 diff Jade Harvester pieces in only a few hours of gameplay over 2 days >.>

Starting to get flustered with massive dips in fps while playing in a public game.

Back