Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

My WD is killing it in T6 no problem, but I do have capable T6 chars like my leap barb, and shotgun sader.

My monk can solo T6 malth pretty easily too :p.

WD is far and beyond the easiest class to use to blast through higher torments though.

Link to profile? I want to see what this monk is rolling... Doing TIV on mine right now, can do V and VI, but they're too much of a slog.

Just curious to see how you managed to get your damage up enough to make anything in VI easy.

Add jade/quezlcotl combo to mix for WD and there's yet another high damage combo for the WD that just rolls t5/t6.

That's the thing that is quite frustrating to see though that the WD has such simple synergies for massive damage yet be as fragile as to be 1hit for a ton of stuff...

Compare your run of the mill marauder's set and it will never compare in the damage to a jade/quezlcotl set.

My t6 build is your atypical fire/stone of jordan,calamity with the rest being defensive gear oriented (auglid/capn crimsom). It's decent crit damage 35-40 mil crits, it is team oriented with calamity front and center adding group damage, and I can take a good beating before dying. I also use my vault and rain of vengeance to stun groups and buy us time to regroup.

IMHO, builds like that which compliment team play feel more fun. Seeing a WD roll t5/6 and then die every other random freeze/arcane/lightning seems counter intuitive to the game.

Either nerf or give the rest of the classes easy high damage combos. They nerfed my buriza 2 pierce fire build by making it cold damage for devouring. It was worth 3x the damage of my current build pre-nerf. I had regular attacks hitting as high as 15 mill on the pierce.

I have almost all the WD gear except Tall Mans Finger and a Starmetal Kukri. I really don't find it easy to face roll T6 with a Phys Pet build or a Jade Harvester build :(. I think you not only need all the gear, you need great rolls on that gear.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ocellaris-1324/hero/42944548

Needs a +Cold neck, better RoRG, better Sunkeeper, better Quetzacoatl, better Chest, and a Witching Hour belt.

Either nerf or give the rest of the classes easy high damage combos. They nerfed my buriza 2 pierce fire build by making it cold damage for devouring. It was worth 3x the damage of my current build pre-nerf. I had regular attacks hitting as high as 15 mill on the pierce.

Still not as easy as you think it is. You can still have a MOJ and not be able to do t5/6 easily. fetishes and other pets die super quick from champ or elites.

Add jade/quezlcotl combo to mix for WD and there's yet another high damage combo for the WD that just rolls t5/t6.

That's the thing that is quite frustrating to see though that the WD has such simple synergies for massive damage yet be as fragile as to be 1hit for a ton of stuff...

Compare your run of the mill marauder's set and it will never compare in the damage to a jade/quezlcotl set.

My t6 build is your atypical fire/stone of jordan,calamity with the rest being defensive gear oriented (auglid/capn crimsom). It's decent crit damage 35-40 mil crits, it is team oriented with calamity front and center adding group damage, and I can take a good beating before dying. I also use my vault and rain of vengeance to stun groups and buy us time to regroup.

IMHO, builds like that which compliment team play feel more fun. Seeing a WD roll t5/6 and then die every other random freeze/arcane/lightning seems counter intuitive to the game.

I have every piece of gear you could essentially want as a WD, perhaps minus perfect rolls. You can check out my equip and build here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jeremiah-1810/hero/48591656 The only 'missing pieces' is a Quetz with a soc (so I could have Soc + CC, Quetz only gets 1 random roll.... pain in the ass to get a good one then), and SMK, and possibly an Uhkapian Serpent... as explained below.

I have two WD's one named Jezebel, and the other name Balaam. Jezebel is wearing Jade Harvester, Balaam is wearing equipment for pet build. Jezebel has missing pieces, as of course I have to swap some gear between both WD's, but you can still of course see the equip on the other char. I've been playing WD almost the entire time since the launch of RoS (with a few beginning weeks on Wizard.)

I say all this to say, it's not all sunshine and roses for WD's. The Jade build of course is extremely gear dependent. But more than that it's extremely hard to stay alive and deal damage. Between JH 5 piece and Quetz, you've lost 6 pieces of gear that would normally have much higher toughness, and gain other set bonuses such as being able to split sets with Aughild, Captains, or other.

Meaning that even with a high paragon level, I struggle to have more than barely 8M toughness. At 8M Toughness in T5/T6 you're lucky if you can take more than one hit. If you run into elites with any ground affixes it's a struggle to have any hitpoints left before you can make it to the mob, let alone to and from the mob. This is compounded by the fact that the build REQUIRES you to be next to mobs, as the main source of damage dealing is Soul Harvest, which has something like a 10 yard radius. In T5/T6 it is very unlikely that you will one shot elites, meaning that you are waiting for that Soul Harvest cooldown. It's a tough predicament to be in. Believe me when I say, Jade WD's require extreme focus to play and survive with. It's not some OP steamroller. It's a lot more accurate to say that it's like a game of chicken, in which you're hoping that the damage you'll drop with Soul Harvest kills them, because if it doesn't there is a good chance you're going to die, unless you can make it away on time. Spirit Walk and Potions are virtually always on cool-down. If you screw up at all, you either have to stay back from mobs and pray you don't die... or more than likely you will die.

If you don't have Locust Swarm AND Haunt cast on the mobs you are trying to hit with Soul Harvest, you've messed up. If while you're running in with Spirit Walk, you miss with Soul Harvest and its small radius, you've messed up. If you have any lag above 350ms and you're trying to play this build, you're probably screwed at higher torment levels as Soul Harvest drops instantly, and if you're trying to cast while moving and you rubber band or have any other sort of net placement problems, you'e screwed. Conditions have to be near perfect, and I'm not kidding. There have been tons of times in which I've wanted to scream at my computer because I drop SH, it's on cooldown, and the enemy life doesn't move at all. Meaning I more than likely just had some sort of net problem that prevented the attack from connecting. And without things dying constantly to feed Grave Injustice, 10 seconds is a long time to wait before being able to really attack again.

As a result, many Jade players have to make compromises. Like running Dogs with Life Link, or doing even more than that, running Uhkapian Serpent to mitigate damage instead of Thing of The Deep which synergies better with Grave Injustice. I'm running dogs right now, and I may need to get an Uhkapian Serpent to help even more. Still, the dogs toughness is based upon my toughness, and at 8M, they too have to be cast every few minutes. They don't live long. If I forget for any reason, I can more or less expect to get one shot. If the dogs are on cooldown, I'm more or less mitigated.

Pet build on the other hand is a lot easier to play, can have a lot higher toughness, and actually requires a lot less gear to be good. I can run T5 with it fairly well. I have gamed with it in T6, and while it is possible, it's also not an OP steamroller. (Just as an FYI, I do have full Zuni set, but because of the Fetish bug, I don't wear it, I probably will again once it gets patched. As a result, I'm not running Fetish Army either. For now it's the best setup I can do in the meantime.)

I guess if I had SMK and could drop Slam Dance constantly it would be a slightly different story, but then you're talking about a knife that apparently just doesn't drop for anyone. As a result of all this, I've moved to playing Crusader, which is an alt. I don't consider Crusader to be a walk in the part either after playing and gearing for a few weeks.

The more I play this game, the more I recognize that the perception of what classes are like is very different once it's you doing it. This isn't to say, I don't find these challenges fun, or these classes fun, but I wrote this point mostly to communicate that the way you see other people playing isn't what you think they're experiencing.

UnknownSouljer has some nice points. The Jade Harvest WD makes for some good Youtube videos, however it isn't the greatest thing in the world when you are getting one shot all the time or sitting around with nothing to do for ~10 seconds at a time because you missed one Soul Harvest.

First world Tristram problems: Got to get my Monk to level 70, so when good level 70 Monk gear drops it doesn't take up valuable stash space.

I know I could just create a mule, but that feels wrong. They really need to add more tabs to the stash. 4 is too few, and I'm sure somewhere around 20 would get unwieldy. In any event, there is clearly a space for at least one more.

First world Tristram problems: Got to get my Monk to level 70, so when good level 70 Monk gear drops it doesn't take up valuable stash space.

I know I could just create a mule, but that feels wrong. They really need to add more tabs to the stash. 4 is too few, and I'm sure somewhere around 20 would get unwieldy. In any event, there is clearly a space for at least one more.

I like the way that Path of Exile does this.

You just buy more slots. Problem solved. You get to label them with your own custom names, and tag the tabs with different colors. It works great, and I feel like $5-10 for that type of thing isn't too bad for F2P. A paid game, eh, maybe not so much, but if I get genuine functionality out of it, then ok.

I just picked up hand crossbow that marks everyone I hit for death, it seems like it is stronger than my other crossbow with a +125 crit damage since enemies seem to die faster.
I get 500k damage with the marked for death one and 670k with the socketed one.
What exactly is marked for death doing since it seems stronger with with less overall damage.

I just picked up hand crossbow that marks everyone I hit for death, it seems like it is stronger than my other crossbow with a +125 crit damage since enemies seem to die faster.
I get 500k damage with the marked for death one and 670k with the socketed one.
What exactly is marked for death doing since it seems stronger with with less overall damage.
That's a calamity and it adds about 20% damage to you and your party with the debuff.

So, I lost my WD last night after entering a rift (that I opened) and encountering a metric fucktonne of exarchs and anarchs - so many that whenever I tried to spirit walk I couldn't really click anywhere that wasn't enemies. If I'd had a key bound for "force move" I could have just walked to the portal but alas that was not the case (lesson learned):

But apparently my luck is in! Not even 24 hours later and I've found another Mask of Jeram (that rolled 100%) and shortly thereafter a RRoG:

Yes, Nam, it was the first and only set of bounties I did after you left.

I've been farming for a rorg for two weeks. I'm not one for jealousy but...... idk... 200 caches and counting...

I've been farming for a rorg for two weeks. I'm not one for jealousy but...... idk... 200 caches and counting...

For what it's worth I had been trying to get one on that (now dead) character for awhile too to no avail. I don't think I was anywhere close to 200 but I mostly ran solo T2-T3 bounties so they took time.

Shortly after finding it I gambled Jade Harvester gloves from Kadala (first good item from her since the buff), so now I just need the shoulders and I can rock the 6-piece bonus!

So, I lost my WD last night after entering a rift (that I opened) and encountering a metric fucktonne of exarchs and anarchs - so many that whenever I tried to spirit walk I couldn't really click anywhere that wasn't enemies. If I'd had a key bound for "force move" I could have just walked to the portal but alas that was not the case (lesson learned):

But apparently my luck is in! Not even 24 hours later and I've found another Mask of Jeram (that rolled 100%) and shortly thereafter a RRoG:

Yes, Nam, it was the first and only set of bounties I did after you left.

That sucks, but yay? That's a pretty decent rorg too with the +dmg.

Got a rorg after like my 5th A1 cache ever the first week of RoS release. Haven't seen another since. My reaction was along the lines of "oh this is that ring some people were talking about, I guess I'll save it"

Last edited:
Still 4/6 Akkhan set. Want 5/6 so bad I can taste it. Spent 500 shards on pants again last night. Got 6 blackthorne pants in very quick succession.

After finally leveling my Monk to 70 yesterday evening I popped in for another hour before bed and got an embarrassment of riches. Jumped into another HOCPer's T2 A1 bounties game, pulled a Tal-Rasha's Guise of Wisdom on the first mob, pulled a RRoG with INT, IAS, LoH and 49% CD (rerolled LoH for CC).

I then proceeded to throw 20 souls and about 18M away trying to roll APoC (arcane on crit) onto the Tal-Rasha helm before discovering that apparently it can't be done. Which is proving to be a problem since my tri-elemental build really only works with 8 APoC, but the 2nd and 3rd Tal-Rasha bonuses are really nice... guess I need to hope to find the belt now, then again the 4th is awesome...

Then burned 400 shards before heading out and out dropped my first SoJ, albeit a lightning one with no crit, but guess my stunlock wiz is going to get a boost (in the short term, once I finally get firebird shoulders it goes fire).

That sucks, but yay? That's a pretty decent rorg too with the +dmg.

Got a rorg after like my 5th A1 cache ever the first week of RoS release. Haven't seen another since. My reaction was along the lines of "oh this is that ring some people were talking about, I guess I'll save it"

That's amazing... RNGesus hates me...

It took me 878 Act I bounties to get my ring...

Had a fantastic rift run in T3 today, got second peice to my Marauders set, and 6 other leg's in a single run. Was pretty intense to see that green set legs drop, thinking, great, another blackthorns, open up inv and it didn't look like blackthorns ;)

That's amazing... RNGesus hates me...

It took me 878 Act I bounties to get my ring...

It's weird how RNG percentages can play out over time... I play wiz 60% of the time - I've only four 4 leg wands (2 sloraks, a chantodo, and some weird glowy green one), have also only found one piece of Vyr and 2 of Tal-Rasha. However, I've now got 6 or 7 RRoG's, and have had 4 Moonlight Wards (one of which is awesome, 2 others that were quite good that I gave away).

Only the rarest and arguably the best DH weapon in the game that applies +20% dmg to anything you attack. Yeah it's good.

Well, that's good to know. I was going to put it in my stash and was going to salvage it when I purged my stash.

So my monk is getting ready to hit 70 very soon. So guess my question is what now? Switch to expert and run more bounties or hit up torment and farm what I can?

So my monk is getting ready to hit 70 very soon. So guess my question is what now? Switch to expert and run more bounties or hit up torment and farm what I can?

Play at the highest difficulty where you feel you are clearing content efficiently. If you are in groups you get a loot drop bonus as well as the ability to kill everything faster.

Reroll DH :D What elemental dmg do you want to play? First off I would suggest crafting Aug's shoulder and bracers. Shoulders with dex/vit/ar/cdr and bracers with fire or light/dex/vit/crit. Craft Crimson's pants and belt. If going fire spam shards on magefists/cindercoat/gnk. Sad thing is all of the monk sets pretty much suck so hopefully blizz fixes them soon. Blackthorn's makes t4+ alot easier also so that is a good set for monks. Oh I should note farm the RoRG ring first and foremost.

I'll look into those. I found a cinder coat but it is only lvl 65 I think. Same with crimson and aughilds think those are lvl 42 though :(

So after rifting awhile for mats, I tried rerolling a lot of my gear. After spending a small fortune and cursing RNGesus for giving me painful rerolls, I've ended up rolling max crit chance on my stone of jordan and RRoG.

I had 3 FS left over for another try at a good aug's bracer (my last one was 90 ar, 19 fire, 4.5 crit and 430 dex, decent, but wishing it could be better).

I hit the RNG jacpot. Aughlid's bracer 20% fire, 6.0% crit chance, 496 dex, 97 ar, 7.0% melee reduction.

I now pray for a Andy's 20% fire, 700+ dex, 700 vit, 100AR, 6.0CC and low xtra fire damage...

I've been playing the Wizard lately, and it's currently my least favorite.
After I level her up and find some better items I'll fire up a WD since I hear those are good characters.

started playing Diablo III today. So far a fantastic game and im happy I bought it. I never got into it because I was highly addicted to WoW but since quitting WoW im trying to new games.

I have a question that has been bugging me...

If you taught Haedrig a low-level recipe, is it possible for a hiigh-level one to drop so you can replace it? Or will the set piece you craft scale to the crafting-character's level?

I ask because I got the recipe for Aughild's set a while back, but it was level 8 (not level 12) and I taught it to Haedrig without a second thought. Now the interface is showing that the item that will be crafted is level 46. Am I now screwed and stuck without being able to craft these pieces at level 70? I have a few other set recipes that are in the same situation.

I have a question that has been bugging me...

If you taught Haedrig a low-level recipe, is it possible for a hiigh-level one to drop so you can replace it? Or will the set piece you craft scale to the crafting-character's level?

I ask because I got the recipe for Aughild's set a while back, but it was level 8 (not level 12) and I taught it to Haedrig without a second thought. Now the interface is showing that the item that will be crafted is level 46. Am I now screwed and stuck without being able to craft these pieces at level 70? I have a few other set recipes that are in the same situation.

No, you can still get the set recipes for the level 70 variants.

I have both of all of the "duplicate sets" don't panic.

Shaggy has set up the build with Steady Aim, Sharpshooter, and Singled Out plus Vault to move. And +31% lightning damage. So that changes true DPS while playing and depends on which targets exist, then the dex will combine with passive ability crit and 20% with Steady Aim.

Last edited:
Back