Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I always find amusement by HC player who gain some type of superiority complex over their SC counter parts.

If you are talking about me, that was not my intent. I understand that some people don't want to have hours upon hours of their time go to waste from dying.
In fact, I have more hours into SC than I do HC and I have around 150 into HC.

I always find amusement by HC player who gain some type of superiority complex over their SC counter parts.

Wait, HC isn't superior? Well then I guess it's back to softcore for me. ;)

But seriously, incoming IMO...

I don't consider myself superior at all. I play hardcore because I don't view losing gear as wasted time. It's just a game I use to fill free time so whatever happens when I play happens. I love the added suspense that dying will make you lose everything. Without it I doubt I'd be playing this game as much as I am. I just don't find this game that interesting with no risk.

If you are talking about me, that was not my intent. I understand that some people don't want to have hours upon hours of their time go to waste from dying.
In fact, I have more hours into SC than I do HC and I have around 150 into HC.

All HC players are that way to varying degrees...myself included every so slightly.

I don't consider myself superior at all. I play hardcore because I don't view losing gear as wasted time. It's just a game I use to fill free time so whatever happens when I play happens. I love the added suspense that dying will make you lose everything. Without it I doubt I'd be playing this game as much as I am. I just don't find this game that interesting with no risk.

No need to lie to yourself you view all these SC player as neck bearded casuals who should stick to Candy crush and FappyBird on their iPhones....even if just a little bit.

No doubt HC is a better gaming experience and adds a layer into the game that just doesn't exist in SC. Once Ladders Hit I'm likely going to start putting more hours in HC over SC.....I have just lost too many characters due to lag and being a dumb to continue it.

Last edited:
I've gotten a few legendaries and 1 set item from shards, my best run was probably 36 belts with 1 legendary and the set item rolled during those 36. They were both shit though. However no cache legendaries.

No shit. People talking about doing 1 rift and not getting legendaries and sour grapes abound over friends finding more items...

Try paragon 250 - 308 without finding any worthwhile legendary upgrades. Tell me that wouldn't frustrate you.

If you want stats, that's 690 bounties, 208 rifts, and 10,659 blood shards later (yes, I got several legendaries from the blood shards that were downgrades; they all become Forgotten Souls). Oh, also 363 hours played in RoS alone. That's 363 hours out of a total of almost 1300 hours played on my monk.

This is all done from Torment 1 to Torment 4. I experimented in different torments. Same shit. No luck.

Sour grapes. Fuck yea I'm sour grape. So's mostly everyone else in guild of that guy's luck. I've logged more time since the RoS launch than that kid has on his entire monk. The brother actually wants me to boot the guy from guild because he's sick of seeing loot spam from what he finds.

Last edited:
All HC players are that way to varying degrees...myself included every so slightly.

No need to lie to yourself you view all these SC player as neck bearded casuals who should stick to Candy crush and FappyBird on their iPhones....even if just a little bit.

No doubt HC is a better gaming experience and adds a layer into the game that just doesn't exist in SC. Once Ladders Hit I'm likely going to start putting more hours in HC over SC.....I have just lost too many characters due to lag and being a dumb to continue it.

That's because each and every HC player shares a common goal in addition to whatever else each player might be trying to accomplish with their characters: live.

Quite topically, every HC player knows that nothing can stop death, so there's always a nod of respect between HC players for playing the game a different way - perhaps a more serious way - and a grimace for every SC player who complains that the game is too boring or there's nothing more to do/upgrade/etc.

While I don't agree that every HC player views SC players as "neck bearded casuals", I will say that I expect the average HC player to have better knowledge of the game than the average SC player.

Try paragon 250 - 308 without finding any worthwhile legendary upgrades. Tell me that wouldn't frustrate you.

If you want stats, that's 690 bounties, 208 rifts, and 10,659 blood shards later (yes, I got several legendaries from the blood shards that were downgrades; they all become Forgotten Souls). Oh, also 363 hours played in RoS alone. That's 363 hours out of a total of almost 1300 hours played on my monk.

This is all done from Torment 1 to Torment 4. I experimented in different torments. Same shit. No luck.

Sour grapes. Fuck yea I'm sour grape. So's mostly everyone else in guild of that guy's luck. I've logged more time since the RoS launch than that kid has on his entire monk. The brother actually wants me to boot the guy from guild because he's sick of seeing loot spam from what he finds.

The way the game is right now feels very unrewarding. Random new 70s finding gear faster at a fraction of the time played would piss many off Lol.

That's because each and every HC player shares a common goal in addition to whatever else each player might be trying to accomplish with their characters: live.

Quite topically, every HC player knows that nothing can stop death, so there's always a nod of respect between HC players for playing the game a different way - perhaps a more serious way - and a grimace for every SC player who complains that the game is too boring or there's nothing more to do/upgrade/etc.

While I don't agree that every HC player views SC players as "neck bearded casuals", I will say that I expect the average HC player to have better knowledge of the game than the average SC player.

this idea that HC players have a better knowledge of the game shows that I am correct for you as well....sure in your head they may not have Neck Beards but you do see them as averagely more inferior then their HC counter parts...and I wouldn't disagree.

Can't really disagree with anything else you have to say.

Guess that depends on where your character is at; are you trying to find upgrades for 1M+ stat sheet DPS or are you stuck on like 200K DPS? You were the type to have paragon 100's pre-2.0, so I'm guessing your characters are already loaded up pretty well if you've logged a shit ton of hours over the past two weeks.

But you're clearly not the only one who has had a super-lucky person in a clan: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471477472. If you told me you were the OP of that thread I wouldn't bat an eyelash, lol.

Yeah I really want these people to post their profiles. I hope they're not complaining about not being able to upgrade their 2300 DPS Thunderfury or something like that.

But its a huge waste of time when you die....though the entire game is a huge waste of time.

here here. i got into it for the first week of ros and quickly ran out of steam since. regardless of how they dress it up, doing the same things over and over again (like bounties), is like the inability of putting lipstick on a pig. some people can say all games is the same shit over and over; true to an extent but other multiplayer games offer new games with each new round with other experiences, variables, and strategies. i get it though - this game has some merit and if it floats your boat more power to you... i wish it floated mine. i just can't help see guys i work with that play this - i have no idea how some have jobs, marriages, and kids and play over 40 hours per week... and invest so much time... for this???

The beauty of it is that some of us can simply log on for a couple hours per day sporadically throughout the week or play on Friday night/Saturday and call it good while having fun with some buddies.

Guess that depends on where your character is at; are you trying to find upgrades for 1M+ stat sheet DPS or are you stuck on like 200K DPS? You were the type to have paragon 100's pre-2.0, so I'm guessing your characters are already loaded up pretty well if you've logged a shit ton of hours over the past two weeks.

But you're clearly not the only one who has had a super-lucky person in a clan: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12471477472. If you told me you were the OP of that thread I wouldn't bat an eyelash, lol.

I can break 1 million DPS in current gear, but at a substantial hit in toughness. I stay around 958k damage to maintain hit points and all the resistance I can muster which is from 12-1300. Basically, my increase in damage for so many levels has been through paragon points. I do not have a Shard of Hate or a Thunderfury. I managed to craft a Hallowed fist weapon and a Demon Claw. I'm still using my old Mempo that is level 60. Sometimes I swap my rates with my level 60 Witching Hour and level 60 Inna's Pants.

I have had to craft my way to torment.

Holy moly, that's like <4 hrs of sleep a day and RoS every waking moment.

Hot damn, you're right. I need to get more sleep. :D

Hard to juggle d3, being a full time grad student/ta, and hitting the gym 5 days a week. EDIT: Maybe the in game time is wrong. It's not the first time it was wrong. I believe there was a span of time it was wrong during the early part of patch 2.0. They mentioned it was off but hotfixed it at some point. Since release date, I have gone from paragon 250 to 308 which is where I am currently. On weeknights during the school week, I log maybe 6 hours at most. I get anywhere from 5-7 hours of sleep a night. Most of my bulk playing is during the weekend.

I've reduced the number of hours played over the past few days to only logging a few hours. Getting burned out of not finding anything worthwhile.

The funny thing is during 2.0 prior to RoS, I found a Thunderfury (after 97 paragon levels). Then RoS comes out about a week later. I barely had time with the Thunderfury before it became obsolete.

Last edited:
this idea that HC players have a better knowledge of the game shows that I am correct for you as well....sure in your head they may not have Neck Beards but you do see them as averagely more inferior then their HC counter parts...and I wouldn't disagree.

Honestly why would anyone think that, it's diablo 3 currently with no competitive aspect. There's not much thinking that needs to be done. I really don't play the game enough to think I'm superior to anyone. I assume everyone knows more than I do about the game unless proven otherwise.

You imply that I have a negative view of SC players, or that I feel 'above' them, which is simply not the case. What I really think is that HC Diablo and SC Diablo are very different gaming experiences, and thus attract different kinds of players. Many people I know react to the concept of hardcore mode with "I couldn't do that, man!" but I also know many who have loved it once they gave it a chance, often citing that they "couldn't go back" to SC.

The reason I expect more though, is because players that can't balance their gear, their skills, or their playstyles DIE in HC mode, so knowledge of the game is basically required for someone who wants to play HC. There are no "I died 12 times killing this one enemy" stories from HC play.

Anything I should be looking to change up skill-wise and anything I should try to shoot for with gear?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Krieg1337-1699/hero/10289552

I do die a bit quickly, so I can't really do Torment 1, although the mobs do die pretty quickly. (I killed Ghom within 9 seconds on Master, which equates to roughly 6.5 million DPS in that fight)

Do T1 in groups, you have a lot more DPS than most people in T1!

Swap out Glass Cannon with something else to keep you alive, and replace a couple Topaz with Diamonds if you want to feel more durable in T1.

Okay so I finally got the game installed. Turns out the Battlenet client doesn't acknowledge 256k capped download speeds as real Internet. I waited until off-peak time (2am) when I'm not capped and it started downloading fine.

Will try the game out in a few days when my monthly quota kicks over. I'm expecting good things.

Well fuck, RIP DH, RIP Kridershot

A 5 enemy champ pack (wall, arcane, poison, molten) killed them pretty quickly but was completely stuck in a wall and 4-5 moltens going off killed me

Well fuck, RIP DH, RIP Kridershot

A 5 enemy champ pack (wall, arcane, poison, molten) killed them pretty quickly but was completely stuck in a wall and 4-5 moltens going off killed me

That's why I found HC lame. Sometimes there is literally nothing you can do to get out of a situation. Plus Diablo 3 still has some issues with lag sometimes.

So had a lucky day yesterday, RNG :p gave me 17 legs (plans/legs) of which were future upgrades (marauder set, pet oriented, minor upgrades/sidegrades)

Was able to push my monk to almost 500k dps and a ridiculous 2k ar, 8k armor, and due to some lower than normal vit, only 10 mil tough.

The DH broke 1 mil dps in game, and 10 mil toughness along with 23k regen.

with boosts to weapons, dmg, elemental, its closer to 1.6 mil dps.

So yeah, RNG can suck it as maybe 1-3 pieces weren't related, got 4 pieces which were identical to gear I had but altered a stat which allowed me to rebalance (Nat's cloak, gloves, bracer, fire walkers boots).

A lot of your upgrades can still come from yellow items, make sure you are checking them all; to include the possibility of re-rolling stats.

Not sure where your getting that from because i have yet to see a single upgrade to any one of my items. Last night was the exception when i got the chest piece i have equipped there

I slowly made my way through my first T1 rift last night and found one of Bul Kathos' blades. Looks like the Crit damage bonus was dropped in 2.0 though and it only had 35%. Even with a socket it wasn't much of an upgrade damage wise to the rare sword I had already.

On another note, how much LOH should I aim for as a barb in T1? My healing is low, but I'm not sure what to sacrifice on my character:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BioZombie-1901/hero/3253140

Your toughness is high due to high vit.

If your armor/ar combo is weak, there is no amount of life on hit/life steal you can find on all gear which would make t levels managable.

It's a losing battle trying to get enough life on hit to survive hits of 50k+...

Thanks, I hadn't really concentrated on resists yet. Looks like they are at 500-600 right now so I will try and up them. My armor is at 11k, is that fine?

Not sure where your getting that from because i have yet to see a single upgrade to any one of my items. Last night was the exception when i got the chest piece i have equipped there

Your Wizard's boots, belt, and helm are all rares with only 3 primary properties...you can certainly find upgrades for those that are rares. Your helm doesn't have a socket.

Honestly, before I found my Crown of the Invoker set helm I was using rare helm. My rare quadfecta ammy on my Crusader was gambled from Kadala and then re-rolled with the Mystic (554/6%/88%/9.5% STR/AS/CD/CC)

I agree on yellows being upgrade sources.

Case in point: made some gloves with 620 dex, 9.5 crit chance and 46% crit damage with 89 all resist. 3% increase in damage over my leg gloves until I can roll a crit damage stat on it.

Just got a Shard of Hate. As a DH. With no one else in my party.

Oh man, my friends are gonna be pissed.

I slowly made my way through my first T1 rift last night and found one of Bul Kathos' blades. Looks like the Crit damage bonus was dropped in 2.0 though and it only had 35%. Even with a socket it wasn't much of an upgrade damage wise to the rare sword I had already.

On another note, how much LOH should I aim for as a barb in T1? My healing is low, but I'm not sure what to sacrifice on my character:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BioZombie-1901/hero/3253140

Crit damage is not a modifier you can enchant on an item. It only spawns on legendary weapons now with a max of 35% for 1 handers. I'm not sure what the number is for 2 handers. If it didn't spawn on your legendary weapon on identification, it can't get enchanted via the mystic.

Dump all your paragon points into life on hit. At level 70 with 50 points in life on hit, it's 4400 life on hit. It's enough for most cases if your resist is reasonable.

Back