Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Torment 1 really feels like torment 3 as in D3.. had to scale down to expert to take down stupid Adria lol.. crazy only managed to get her hp to half then it was not possible more bah stupid repairs needed :( this game is very hard scaled i think u have tons of toughness over 1 mil but it still nothing even in torment 1 i dont get itwhy the difficulty is so damn hard when u could easy torment 3 in d3...

I don't care if it's hard, i just want it consistent.

Well Considering I'm at about 500k damage I'd say they need as much difficulty as possible.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/dirkdirden-1579/hero/10075786

...it doesn't show restats. I still have like 4 pieces of gear to upgrade including a socket in my second weapon so I should be around 700 to 800 k in a few days.

Curious as to why you are using 'Fists of Thunder' as it is one of the lowest damage basics and worst proc coefficient out of the monk basics? I would also recommend 'scorpion kick' rune for your LTK.

For a Melee to survive in t2+ comfortably, you'll need around 5-7mil toughness. You're dps is right on per though.

BTW, until they fix this unintential aspect of adventure modes. Everyone should be running normal/expert adventure modes with people. Each person does their own act (whole the others do their own at the same time) and then do a mass turn-in for the caches. This is by far the best way to gear it currently as it only takes 20-30min total and usually results in 5-10 legendaries a game (overall) with a bunch of yellows. And as we've all found out, a lot of the times Rares will be better than most legendaries. I would do this process until you hit the milestones needed to do torment modes (I stopped when I could solo t2/3 comfortably).

Last edited:
Curious as to why you are using 'Fists of Thunder' as it is one of the lowest damage basics and worst proc coefficient out of the monk basics? I would also recommend 'scorpion kick' rune for your LTK.

For a Melee to survive in t2+ comfortably, you'll need around 5-7mil toughness. You're dps is right on per though.

I don't even look at toughness as it doesn't tell an accurate story of what you can take as it over values vitality and under values damage mitigation. Once you have around 200k life you should focus on mitigation and life gain. I could easily get 600k life and have 5 mil toughness but still die like a little bitch because of lack of mitigation and life gain.

Fist of Thunder has the best mechanics which is why it does the lowest damage. Pretty much all of the monks spirit generating abilities are viable and I use them all often together with combination strike.

Haven't tried anything beyond t1 though as I'm still gearing and resetting attributes on my gear. Once I get a level 70 Amulet and boots then re-attribute my current level 70 stuff I should be ready for t1+

Log Trap 2014, nevar forget.

logtrapdeath.jpg

Log Trap 2014, nevar forget.

http://www.namtaru.com/uploads/2014/logtrapdeath.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

LOL, I couldn't stop laughing when it happened, makes me laugh everytime now. I didn't realize it at the time but you went with me with no defensive skills except frost nova? tsk

What rolls down stairs
alone or in pairs,
and over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack,
And fits on your back?
It's log, log, log

It's log, it's log,
It's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's log, it's log, it's better than bad, it's good."

Everyone wants a log
You're gonna love it, log
Come on and get your log
Everyone needs a log

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C7mNr5WMjA

The servers are cluster based it seems, they can go through rolling restarts while only impacting certain groups of users. Usually a relog will have a good chance of load balancing you to a different cluster, should it be available.

I know they were in the process of implementing game creation queues, so it may be related to that.

after a few days, i find the new class sucks. Adventure Mode is awesome and so are rifts.

What don't you like about the Crusader? It was hard as hell for me to get into, but once I played long enough, it all started making sense.

Now at 1m damage and 5m toughness I can do Torment1-2 pretty well and I feel there is a lot left I can do with my gear!

yea, i thought it was gonna be longer, apparently it was reset, because it was down for like 5 seconds

If my goal was to just get through the main game as fast as possible to unlock adventure mode what would be the best class to do it? Im leaning towards monk due to his AOE and overall damage, but perhaps DH?

Pick whichever you want to play as/find the most interesting. Fastest way would be to get someone to just start the Diablo fight and let you join in.

Hmmm....Reading mixed reviews on the new class. Was going to start over with one but not sure now. I am currently at the start of Act 5 with my monk.

My framerate has been utter shit lately...haven't changed anything settings or PC wise.

My framerate has been utter shit lately...haven't changed anything settings or PC wise.

Have you tried putting Sound Quality on Low? I had mine on High and had crazy lag in fights. I googled the issue and saw that as a possible solution, it worked for me.

Have you tried putting Sound Quality on Low? I had mine on High and had crazy lag in fights. I googled the issue and saw that as a possible solution, it worked for me.

QFT - This guys speaks truth. Lower your sound channels to 32 or even 16 and you WILL see an improvement in frames, especially during the Bridge area in Act 3

Hmmm....Reading mixed reviews on the new class. Was going to start over with one but not sure now. I am currently at the start of Act 5 with my monk.

My advice is to finish Act V with your Monk so that you can level any new characters in Adventure Mode, which is far more fun IMO.

As for the Crusader, I mostly leveled using Fist of the Heavens, but when I hit 60 I was able to equip a legacy Stormshield and 2Hander and now I'm running a super tanky block/cooldown reduction build. Right now my money combo is Bombardment (Annihilate: 100% chance of critical hits) + Laws of Valor (Critical: +100% crit damage), and my main skills are Punish and Blessed shield, which makes me Captain America.

The class seems to have more cooldown skills than the others, and the cooldowns are all really long (i.e. 2 second movement skill has a 25 second cooldown, Laws -similar to mantras - have 45 second cooldowns on their active bonuses, etc.). Barbs have a number of cooldown skills as well, but many of them will also generate fury in addition to providing some utility (shouts, leap, stomp) or they won't cost fury (Revenge, Overpower). The Crusader has Provoke and like 1 rune from Shield Glare to generate Wrath and the rest are cooldowns or even wrath cost + cooldown.

It's gonna take a bit to feel out the class I think but it's certainly not a waste of time or anything and can be quite fun.

Hey everyone,

As a quick heads up, we have two buffs to Legendary item drop rates coming down the pipeline.
First change: We're increasing the drop rate for Legendary items (this includes Set items) in Torment 1-6.
Second change: We're significantly increasing the chance for an item purchased from Kadala to be a Legendary.
Both of these hotfixes are somewhat proactive, but are aimed to help improve the reward curve for players as they start to reach higher Torment difficulties. We look forward to hearing your feedback as a result of these changes!
----------
The hotfix was actually just pushed live. You may need to restart your game in order for them to take effect. :)

Legendary drop rate buffs in torment. Looks like I'm gonna be fighting through the T1 slowness for upgrades.

I didn't realize that the bounty caches offer exclusive legendaries that are act specific. I've gotten the cloak, envious blade, gorget of leoric, and Illusory boots from caches so far.

This list seems accurate coming from personal experience:

http://www.diablohub.com/database/sorting/bounty-bags

WOW I had no idea those were from the caches, and only per Act.

I have gotten the Cloak and Bracers so far. Currently using the bracers too :) they rock

Edit: I Also got the ring which reduces the set item limit by 1. It lets me have a 3p Tal rasha's while only having 2p!!!!

P.S. Love the new D3

If my goal was to just get through the main game as fast as possible to unlock adventure mode what would be the best class to do it? Im leaning towards monk due to his AOE and overall damage, but perhaps DH?

any class, honestly. the fastest way is to piggyback a friend's game and have them complete the last quest of each act, beating the bosses. you'll then have the mode unlocked.

any class, honestly. the fastest way is to piggyback a friend's game and have them complete the last quest of each act, beating the bosses. you'll then have the mode unlocked.

Or you could have someone power level you on T6. You can hit 40 in under an hour, and probably hit 70 in about 3 hours, granted you don't die in the process.

Would anyone be willing to help me just complete the game and unlock adventures mode? However it needs to be done last quests or w/e

Is it just me or does the Crusader feel unfinished/unbalanced? The damage for pretty much any of the abilities I've unlocked just doesn't seem right at all. I know it is more of a blocking/tank class, but he's pretty damn lame so far.

The extremely long cooldown for extremely short/ineffective active abilities seems pretty shitty as well. I mean, I trigger the armor power and it lasts about 2 seconds. I trigger the attack speed law and it doesn't seem to up the speed at all, even the passive doesn't seem to have an effect.

I only played him up to about 16 before I decided to play something else because I'm convinced that he is going to get tweaked heavily in the next month or so.

I agree with the crusader issues, being lots of cool downs, and abilities just don't seem to last long enough or if they even happen at all. However I am enjoying playing one. I just got him to like 68 and playing through adventure mode he is leveling very quickly. While he doesn't melt faces like my wizard or DH, he seems pretty hard to kill. I haven't actually got into many spots where I had to use health pots and such. I only have a 1.5k dps weapon too, and only playing on master.

Is it just me or does the Crusader feel unfinished/unbalanced? The damage for pretty much any of the abilities I've unlocked just doesn't seem right at all. I know it is more of a blocking/tank class, but he's pretty damn lame so far.

The extremely long cooldown for extremely short/ineffective active abilities seems pretty shitty as well. I mean, I trigger the armor power and it lasts about 2 seconds. I trigger the attack speed law and it doesn't seem to up the speed at all, even the passive doesn't seem to have an effect.

I only played him up to about 16 before I decided to play something else because I'm convinced that he is going to get tweaked heavily in the next month or so.

I found he was fairly lackluster until some of the more powerful skills get unlocked. Currently only level 44 but using a combo of condem, heavens fury and fallen sword makes elite and champ mobs pop near instantly.

Loving this fucking game now. Rolled a Barbarian and couldn't be happier. Release some more content and take my damn money!!!

QFT - This guys speaks truth. Lower your sound channels to 32 or even 16 and you WILL see an improvement in frames, especially during the Bridge area in Act 3

I'll try that, but like I said, I hadn't changed any settings and it ran fine before the expansion dropped. So I don't know what changed.

EDIT: Changing sound settings did not fix my issue. I still get a lot of stutter and framerate drop occasionally.

Last edited:
I wondered when blizzard made me download 51 gigs and then 49 more... The final install size 73 GB. That is nuts. My eso folder is only 30 GB. So I looked at the files and found they had given me all the VO and language files for all the release languages. Those removed folder size 14.7 GB. Some one needs to smack them up side the head for wasting bandwidth and hard drive space.

Uh how do you craft legendaries? i have found griswold scribblings i have all items required and my blacksmith is max lvl but i cant sell it to him, why? i dont get it.

Back