Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

This is what worries me. Yes loot 2.0 is a loot pinata. However, if you're going for full IK set or something, you're still at the mercy of RNG yes? Have they assigned items to loot tables yet so you can farm for specific items?

Also-Does anyone know if all these extra changes will be ported to console D3?

Yes its still RNG, which means you can't target specific items unless you know where their most likely to drop. That's still no guarantee.

Consoles already had Loot 2.0 for a lack of a better term from the beginning.

Yes its still RNG, which means you can't target specific items unless you know where their most likely to drop. That's still no guarantee.

Consoles already had Loot 2.0 for a lack of a better term from the beginning.

I've played a lot of console D3 at my buddies. IMO that seems more like loot 1.5. They have no new stats, no new moves, no fancy legendaries, just better drops etc. Most of the changes in the PC patch notes are not on the console version.

So the question was, does anyone know if the console will see these other changes?

And yea---I really hope that people find that they've assigned loot tables. That would bring back the fun of farming for me. I only like farming with the knowledge that what i want will drop eventually.

I've played a lot of console D3 at my buddies. IMO that seems more like loot 1.5. They have no new stats, no new moves, no fancy legendaries, just better drops etc. Most of the changes in the PC patch notes are not on the console version.

So the question was, does anyone know if the console will see these other changes?

And yea---I really hope that people find that they've assigned loot tables. That would bring back the fun of farming for me. I only like farming with the knowledge that what i want will drop eventually.

These changes are tied to the expansion. When(if) the expansion is available for consoles, that's when you will most likely see these changes.

These changes are tied to the expansion. When(if) the expansion is available for consoles, that's when you will most likely see these changes.

Okay, sorry for being dense but I apparently missed something.

Those screenshots of the patch notes (the ones which detailed the new mods you'll find on gear)--are those for the expansion not this loot 2.0 patch?

Okay, sorry for being dense but I apparently missed something.

Those screenshots of the patch notes (the ones which detailed the new mods you'll find on gear)--are those for the expansion not this loot 2.0 patch?

Not exactly. Basically the PC verison has been patched to the RoS version, you just can't access some of the RoS content unless you bought the expansion (read: crusader). The game icon, menus, character select, etc. are all redone to look like the RoS expansion stuff.

Does that make more sense?

Not exactly. Basically the PC verison has been patched to the RoS version, you just can't access some of the RoS content unless you bought the expansion (read: crusader). The game icon, menus, character select, etc. are all redone to look like the RoS expansion stuff.

Gotcha. So you think those extra item mods (Toughness, Healing, Splash Damage, Cooldown Reduction, and Resource Cost Reduction), as well as the cursed chest and shrine stuff... all this is patched in but not live until the expansion is activated?

Pretty Clever marketing idea as well. Sure you can not buy RoS but you'll have a constant reminder/advertising for it every time you log in. Every time you play you'll see that 4th passive and extra skill which you can't use.

I want to hold out on RoS and pay a reasonable price of 20 or 30 not 40.......But given that I make decent money and Blizzard will likely keep the 40 price tag for months I'll probably end up giving in and validated the stupid 40 price tag.

Yes. Blizzard has mentioned a few times that the console and the PC are on different release dates for patches and expansions.

Almost all of that is live.

Cool thanks. I get [H] at work, but not most gaming sights hence my questions.

Also don't have D3 installed atm. I keep removing it, then reinstalling it, then removing it.. bah-i just need a bigger SSD.

Did the servers just crash? Internet is working fine for me, but suddenly lost connection to B.net and can't reconnect.

CTRL + F5 on the web page that you're trying to load. Website and service is working fine for me.

Any HC players got a few gems I could have? Ruby/amethyst mainly for leveling. Not looking for any super high gems for anything.

I think I might start a new HC character tonight to experience all the new things. My monk I started a bit ago on HC is 46! Few close calls, no deaths though. :D

Any HC players got a few gems I could have? Ruby/amethyst mainly for leveling. Not looking for any super high gems for anything.

I might have some....not sure when I'll be online again though.

dirkdirden#1579 add me if I see you online I can pop in and had some stuff off.

If anyone wants a Torment 2+ farming buddy, add me: Renegade # 1197

You are crazy. I felt a huge boost in density from my hour or so of playing last night. Did a keeps run up through the bridge and the monster density at the ballista's were insane. Easily a hundred monsters on screen.

I played on torment 1 with my barb that was able to do MP5-6 and died a couple times due to the monster density and having a boss/elite pack in the same area. Barb definitely got nerfed hard but I think if you could do any MP previously you'll want to start on torment.

And as for getting gear crazy fast and getting maxed out, I disagree. Yes, you'll be able to get good gear quickly and it's a loot parade compared to vanilla and D2 but for people that don't want to put in >1000 hours it's fantastic. Along with that even though you'll be getting class specific gear, getting that perfect set is still going to take a while. I'll be interested to see how long it will take to get a full set of IK, let alone a good set of IK.

Big changes and I'm excited for them.

Blizzard nerfed the density. It was MUCH denser before loot 2.0.

Given the account bound items the loot grind will be virtually endless now.

Both good and bad. But considering I like to play the game more then I like to grind for items I'd rather just be able to buy items.

I'm fine either way though as I bank in a ton of hours.

I haven't played in a good 6+ months. I only have one character. Was thinking of starting a 2nd char. With all these changes, would it seem easier to find some decent loot as I am leveling a fresh character?

Yes, it's an insane difference. With a new character, you'll not only gear up faster from random drops, but Act Bosses will always drop a Legendary the first time you kill them.

I thought the idea behind Loot 2.0 was that you shouldn't have to grind endlessly for items, because the drops on the whole are better?

I mean, if you want Set items or something specific, grinding is sort of inherent in that pursuit (Loot 2.0 or not). But you shouldn't have to grind just to find decent gear?

Yep, you don't really have to grind anymore to get decent stuff. Some dudes are just used to the 1.0.8 density where your entire screen would be literally filled with mobs in Act 1/2. Can't really have that with the loot/XP changes.

Hopefully they've buffed set items/set bonuses to make those the end-all be-all things. Completing a set is now going to be the hardest thing to do in D3.

I just finished up act 2. I've found 6 legendaries (all solid items I could use too). My gear is fucking insane for this stage of the game. Almost every single rare item that drops is good. Crafting is awesome. You will never not find gear as you are leveling up. At max level, yea, it's going to be back to grinding for the best items. The way there though is just nothing but solid item drops.

Torment 3+ isn't easy for me anymore, and I used to solo MP10 with no issues. Granted, I have to re-learn my class and build, but it should be exciting times :)

Too bad the game is essentially unplayable with my shit fucking internet. God damn can we got some fucking infrastructure in this country.

I haven't played Diablo 3 in forever, and am pleasantly surprised by how much better it is now.

I played for a bit and was shocked to get legendaries and actually upgrades!

Few weird bugs, like not being able to equip certain wizard hats and offhands on my wizard, but I can deal with it.

Went ahead and preordered the expansion.

solo mp10, torment 3 is about my limit. I got nerfed a bit in dps.

I was a lifesteal dependent build. It's a bit rough right now, but I'm making gems to make up for it for toughness.

I was doing Inferno 2/3 some months ago. What level should I choose to play in the new D3?

I was doing Inferno 2/3 some months ago. What level should I choose to play in the new D3?

Start low on Expert and see how your build fares with the new lifesteal/life gain changes, then move up from there to Mastery and gauge again. I play HC though so I might be more cautious than others. :D

Start low on Expert and see how your build fares with the new lifesteal/life gain changes, then move up from there to Mastery and gauge again. I play HC though so I might be more cautious than others. :D

You can always move up if it's too easy ;)

solo mp10, torment 3 is about my limit. I got nerfed a bit in dps.

I was a lifesteal dependent build. It's a bit rough right now, but I'm making gems to make up for it for toughness.

I lost about 100k+ DMG Lol.

wta911.png

Diablo kill on a fresh account and play through on norm. There were five rares too, but I guess I was slow on the screenshot. Two legendaries dropped off the same mob twice during this play through. The gear is crazy. My DH has 16k HP and 2.6k dps already. You basically just one shot everything all the way through norm now. This is entirely self found and crafted other than a couple gems I was given (much appreciated).

What stuff should we craft now at 60? I hear people are saying to craft certain items but I don't know what they mean.

Back