• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

*me giving facts*
My defense to my statements is that there are zero videos on youtube of people legitimately clearing inferno pre 1.03, and I argue that there are none because *everyone* was using a "bugged" skill or exploit to clear it. It's possible that someone somehow managed to clear it legitimately, but I don't believe you're one of the people (if anyone even exists).

Describing your spec and what you used isn't proof of anything. There is a reason "pics or its didn't happen" became such a popular saying; people lie. All the time. It isn't some personal attack or your character, its the nature of the internet. I'm not expecting you to have 60hrs of fraps, let alone any, but that is really the only thing to 100% prove it. And yeah, its a bit of a cop-out on my part to rest comfortably knowing that you don't have that, but it should be of note that the first sentence of this post holds true. In an age of "lets plays", no one wanted to show off being (one of) the first to clear inferno? Just boss fights, hmm how peculiar.
Anyways...

The game state from May 2012 isn't coming back, so who cares?
Because even after a year+ the game we have still isn't worthy of the Diablo 3 name?

People seem to think i'm some kind of troll...the truth is one just another one of the millions of fans that absolutely loved the Diablo series but also isn't delusional. It still pains me to see such a great series, company, reputation destroy itself by greed. That is why I post. And i'll keep posting, keep complaining, keep being "entitled". We should demand more as consumers, not constantly be pushed further and further into "wait a second, this is bullshit" territory. We live in a day and age where the guy who says "Fuck that Loser" about the creator of the series he's working on gets promoted.
 
You got showed a few videos, and your only defense was "Well I didn't see any elite kills!" It's not that there isn't plenty of proof, it's that you don't want to believe what you see.

Not that it matters, I'm pretty sure this guy has me on ignore because I'm supposedly a troll.
 
I don't get what the point is for arguing online about what person A likes that person B happens not to like.

Opinions. What's that thing about them again? <---rhetorical.
 
I don't get what the point is for arguing online about what person A likes that person B happens not to like.

Opinions. What's that thing about them again? <---rhetorical.

Exactly. It does always boggle my mind why people fight so strongly against other people's opinions when they're just opinions. Who cares what other people like, do what you find fun and move on with life.
 
lilbabycat reminds me of this pic:

MvuUd.png
 
My defense to my statements is that there are zero videos on youtube of people legitimately clearing inferno pre 1.03, and I argue that there are none because *everyone* was using a "bugged" skill or exploit to clear it. It's possible that someone somehow managed to clear it legitimately, but I don't believe you're one of the people (if anyone even exists).

Describing your spec and what you used isn't proof of anything. There is a reason "pics or its didn't happen" became such a popular saying; people lie. All the time. It isn't some personal attack or your character, its the nature of the internet. I'm not expecting you to have 60hrs of fraps, let alone any, but that is really the only thing to 100% prove it. And yeah, its a bit of a cop-out on my part to rest comfortably knowing that you don't have that, but it should be of note that the first sentence of this post holds true. In an age of "lets plays", no one wanted to show off being (one of) the first to clear inferno? Just boss fights, hmm how peculiar.
Anyways...


Because even after a year+ the game we have still isn't worthy of the Diablo 3 name?

People seem to think i'm some kind of troll...the truth is one just another one of the millions of fans that absolutely loved the Diablo series but also isn't delusional. It still pains me to see such a great series, company, reputation destroy itself by greed. That is why I post. And i'll keep posting, keep complaining, keep being "entitled". We should demand more as consumers, not constantly be pushed further and further into "wait a second, this is bullshit" territory. We live in a day and age where the guy who says "Fuck that Loser" about the creator of the series he's working on gets promoted.

Wizard in May, after the 35% force armor nerf (act 3 starts 2 minutes in)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t42aRYTQ3yE&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLFCABF7A75D5E9F1A
He died a few times, but was not graveyard rushing.
He was using diamond skin, but he was not using critical mass.
He was using Force armor, but this was already after the nerf.


How many qualifiers are you going to keep coming up with and how far are you going to dismiss evidence presented to you? By the end, you're going to say every rune of every ability of every class is an exploit. Kiting is an exploit, using potions is an exploit, using a follower is an exploit, attacking with a spell is an explot, defending with a spell is an exploit, being good at video games is an exploit. Moving out of fire to avoid death is an exploit, you didnt see the video the the person making a video, so obviously its a fake. At that rate, then yes, because people actually played Diablo3 and everything is considered an exploit, then everyone exploited to beat the game.
 
Mincing words on the bugged/exploit skills thing. Big difference in "actually playing the game" and "doing this exact precise thing that gives you a 100x advantage doing every other possible thing".

Yes thats a good vid, of him clearing the last pack of each area that is otherwise completely cleared. What you don't see is the hour of clearing the other packs, 30 deaths each. The guy is also using some very devent gear, which he got by progressing using his pre-force armor nerf build, which he talks about in this vid. http://youtu.be/iejs279mbvo Gotta love the gems from the video itself too, "if you get a rare pack at the start, you might as well just quit and reset". FUN

I'm sorry but the moment you look with even a tiny amount of attention to detail, you see the reality of it.
 
Welp, was playing with Steve just now and found an immortal kings belt set piece, looked to be worth a few million, just salvaged it on accident.

fml
 
Welp, was playing with Steve just now and found an immortal kings belt set piece, looked to be worth a few million, just salvaged it on accident.

fml

and as soon as you left I found my third echoing fury of the week. Worst of the three though.
 
What's a legendary. Also I've still yet to see a set piece in Hardcore. 3 Characters to 60, 1 died at paragon 4, current wd up to paragon 25 (and back up wd just sitting at 60)
 
What's a legendary. Also I've still yet to see a set piece in Hardcore. 3 Characters to 60, 1 died at paragon 4, current wd up to paragon 25 (and back up wd just sitting at 60)

yeah its crazying going from a high paragon character in Soft Core to a low paragon level character in HC.....You forget that magic find actually has an effect once you're used to playing paragon 80+ people.

Get some keys on MP4 you'll find some legendary and set items all day.
 
What's a legendary. Also I've still yet to see a set piece in Hardcore. 3 Characters to 60, 1 died at paragon 4, current wd up to paragon 25 (and back up wd just sitting at 60)

What kind of MF are you running? I think I'm about 150% before MP or stacks are applied. Running MP2 I get a decent amount of drops, but only one has sold for high dollar.
 
125% ish, + however much it is for MP3. I could probably get 20% or so more out of my follower, I should probably do that.
 
I run mp4 and have just under 300. You see pretty significant boost once you get above 300.

Once I get my hellfire ring I'll bang out some paragon levels to get me above 300.

also I might be getting a skorn. Tossed all 70 million I had on a skorn with no buyout. Servers went down for maintenance a few hours later and the auction should end by the time they are back up. Pretty good skorn probably worth 50 million normally but as the market is now its about a 120 million skorn.

I'm ok if I don't win it as well my grandfather is the shit puts my EHP Unbuffed @ 929,884
 
Last edited:
hahaha this would have helped me out a bit....as I lost TacoBell battling this bastard on MP4.

Act 4 Plan Keeper:
Location - Silver Spire Level 1
Difficulty - 9/10
Special Attacks - Jailer/Knockback/Nightmare - He also casts a curse attack that reduces all healing effects (regen/LoH) by 75%. He can also cast a large circle of fire that hurts anyone who is inside it.
NOTES: Only need to get the Machine Plan ONCE, and beware of this warden. Suggested to run on MP 1 or 2
 
Sweet right?!? I am excited to pound away at think on my PS3.

I just hope that they aren't keeping certain features like this "console exclusive" to make more sales. They better patch this in.

Most likely though if it comes to PC, it'll be on the Features list for the expansion along with more gems and the enchanter they cut out before release.
 
I just hope that they aren't keeping certain features like this "console exclusive" to make more sales. They better patch this in.

Most likely though if it comes to PC, it'll be on the Features list for the expansion along with more gems and the enchanter they cut out before release.

It depends some features would suck on PC.....But the one thing I do want from the console version is the screen zoom out ability. If I could zoom out my screen all the time I'd be happier then a big shitting on a baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J22sIG-Wu4
 
It depends some features would suck on PC.....But the one thing I do want from the console version is the screen zoom out ability. If I could zoom out my screen all the time I'd be happier then a big shitting on a baby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0J22sIG-Wu4

Wow seriously lol

Indeed they better do this. But my money's on them just snuffing us. Sad when Blizz cares more about the D3 on consoles than PC.
 
I doubt they will earn anywhere near the cash they made on the PC with the console version. Rather, they are more likely just trying to put their best foot forward with a "new" market.
 
I doubt they will earn anywhere near the cash they made on the PC with the console version. Rather, they are more likely just trying to put their best foot forward with a "new" market.

This makes sense, the best benefit they'll have with d3 on consoles is getting the console market used to blizzard on consles ready for their next MMO
 
I doubt they will earn anywhere near the cash they made on the PC with the console version. Rather, they are more likely just trying to put their best foot forward with a "new" market.

That and the cost to port over to console is likely insignificant so they will still have massive profits despite poor sales.

I hope they have a demo for it because I really want to try out the console version for the titters and giggles but no way in hell am I going to buy the same game twice.

I was watching some of the pod cast with the developers and it seems they are putting in a ton of time testing out idea's to try and figure out what changes will be best.....They even won me over by saying the major problem is the disparity between bad and good items and they don't plan on making items even better but rather closing the gaps between them....not sure if they can pull it off. But at least its good to know they see this.

If they were simply out to grab money from the AH they'd just pop out more and more better items on the AH so those who use the RMAH to upgrade will have to continually pay money for the best gear. Closing the gap between bad and good is evidence of the opposite mentality.
 
They'll need to wait until an expansion hits to let loose a ton of new items, anyway. Like you say, AH padding would be counterproductive at this point.
 
I just don't see a bunch of sexbox tweens leaving COD for 5 mins to level a character 4 times through inferno and then craft 1,000 gloves to get an upgrade. Console really is not a good market for a game like Diablo.
 
I just don't see a bunch of sexbox tweens leaving COD for 5 mins to level a character 4 times through inferno and then craft 1,000 gloves to get an upgrade. Console really is not a good market for a game like Diablo.

The point of Diablo will have to shift towards that of a party game or group game a bit more for a successful console release.

I honestly see playing 4 players IRL being extremely fun. Back in the D2 days I had friends and we'd do LAN parties and in terms or raw fun power nothing really beats in person multiplier games. Addictive gameplay + addictive social interactions = best times of ones life.
 
The point of Diablo will have to shift towards that of a party game or group game a bit more for a successful console release.

Which is exactly what they've done. Considering that, due to their marketing, people who have never even played the previous Diablos are interested in Diablo 3, I'd say they have the console market nailed.

In my experience, i can even feel the "console feeling" (for lack of a better description) while playing it on PC. Things like the auto aim, locking to targets, huge hit boxes, etc.

Add to this the fact that it's more Action and less RPG, which is exactly the kind of thing that CoD players like (non-stop action, that is)... i'll bet it'll do just fine.

I honestly see playing 4 players IRL being extremely fun. Back in the D2 days I had friends and we'd do LAN parties and in terms or raw fun power nothing really beats in person multiplier games. Addictive gameplay + addictive social interactions = best times of ones life.

Exactly. Due to the fact that there are SO FEW games to play with your friends on ONE console anymore, this segment is starved. Maybe console gamers are less interested in this kind of feature than i am, but i know this:

I bought and played the hell out of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2, Dungeons and Dragons: Heroes, and some other game i can't remember on my brother's PS2.

All Action RPGs with mechanics i can't even remember... because it wasn't the mechanics i cared about. I cared about dungeon diving with my buddy in the room.

It's definitely action-y enough to do fine on consoles. The grind? Might need to be adjusted.

We'll see. My buddy who plays all the CoD's was just telling me that they make the grind longer and longer with each iteration.
 
Last edited:
Xmen and marvel ultimate alliance on the consoles was a blast. Like everyone said, it wasn't me playing on my own farming sentinels, it was the group of us all playing in the same room.

There needs to be more party play games and less multiplayer games on consoles. Still, I probably won't get it, it's way too close to the XIV release
 
go old school with Toe Jam and Earl. My first 2 player split screen game...which happens to be rather similar to diablo. I'd love another 2D Toe Jam and Earl.
 
The point of Diablo will have to shift towards that of a party game or group game a bit more for a successful console release.

I honestly see playing 4 players IRL being extremely fun. Back in the D2 days I had friends and we'd do LAN parties and in terms or raw fun power nothing really beats in person multiplier games. Addictive gameplay + addictive social interactions = best times of ones life.

At a summer party I'd hosted years back, we ended up doing an impromptu D2 LAN party with me and a few friends. It was loads of fun. Had a couple friends jump in remote and we had a blast.
 
So I have about 15 hours in the game so far, my barb is level 26 and I just figured out last night that if I hold down right click whirlwind keeps going. Wow I felt like suck a giant noob when I figured that out.

Heres my load out right now. Im hanging in there on act 3 but I cant wait to get to level 60 so I can start getting some of the better gear you guys have.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MrWrong-1886/hero/34763525
 
At a summer party I'd hosted years back, we ended up doing an impromptu D2 LAN party with me and a few friends. It was loads of fun. Had a couple friends jump in remote and we had a blast.

During the launch of LOD we had 1 person for each class and managed to play through all 3 difficulties together.

During the launch of D3 I had 3 players who I did the same thing with but remotely. Even if Blizzard didn't limit the players to 4 (likely due to consoles) it still couldn't compare to LAN.

LAN > Online every time....but age separates us all and online is all I have left so D3 is good for that.
 
go old school with Toe Jam and Earl. My first 2 player split screen game...which happens to be rather similar to diablo. I'd love another 2D Toe Jam and Earl.

oh man, loved me some toe jam and earl...

I always hated falling off the map and having to go back up again :mad:



I feel old talking about this :(
 
Back
Top