Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

this game is absolute trash.

Diablo game with very little to no randomized environments? Talk about a POS game. I'm surprised people still play this shit. Better off wasting time and money on the lottery.

People will play this game as long as they're enjoying it. Diablo 3 has a lot of flaws, true. But at the core it is still a fun game. I always find myself coming back if I haven't played for awhile.

The fact that they have had to make so many bandaid fixes to loot and Inferno difficulty just shows how poorly thought out D3 end game was. In retrospect this game was nowhere near ready for release.

That is hard to say. I doubt Blizzard had the testing capabilities to identify all the issues. Millions of users putting in hundreds of hours will find pretty much any and all issues within a month or so......this would of taken years for blizzard.

the issues that I found to be a big deal were the Massive amounts of Lag, disconnects, rubberbanding.......again probably all issues that couldn't be identified before release.

People would get 60+ hours into game before the Item issues really started to kick in....But the performance was an issue from the get go.

Lastly I think releasing the way they did likely resulted in more Auction house revenue than had they ironed out all the issues first...... whether or not blizzard knew it would happen this way is speculative.

The game just feels rather empty. The way they chose to make the loot tables (or lack thereof), there's really are no unique areas. Events were really cool in the beginning, they they surprisingly die out very quickly and their rewards are lackluster.

You can't play with gear enough. There's no horadric cube... only 4 gem types, etc. After you play through the game a few times (basically when you hit 60), there's just nothing to do or play with, outside of trying out different specs and gear combinations with the AH.

They need to move their asses and get PvP out.

The game just feels rather empty. The way they chose to make the loot tables (or lack thereof), there's really are no unique areas. Events were really cool in the beginning, they they surprisingly die out very quickly and their rewards are lackluster.

You can't play with gear enough. There's no horadric cube... only 4 gem types, etc. After you play through the game a few times (basically when you hit 60), there's just nothing to do or play with, outside of trying out different specs and gear combinations with the AH.

They are making some good design changes though. 1.05 also brings back Ubers with the infernal machine so that kind of helps with "unique areas" that you mention.

I think we can all agree on this. But there has been no news on this.

I'm guessing they ether have some Major road block or are trying to find a way to mass profit off PVP.

because to release 2 major optional modification (Paragon and Ubers) means that the expected PvP release date is far enough into the future that need content to fill the game and keep players engaged until then.

If PvP had a release date of say November 1st I don't think they would have released so much content into 1.0.5. So if I had to guess....which I do.... I'd say PvP for Christmas or New Years.

They are making some good design changes though. 1.05 also brings back Ubers with the infernal machine so that kind of helps with "unique areas" that you mention.

I agree! Each patch they've done has made the game better, usually by a lot. Just saying that Rizen was right--we essentially bought an alpha version of D3, because they can save development money by using all these changes/fixes they're doing to string along the player-base (keep them interested while they finish the game), while at the same time getting loads of free testing and feedback. I reckon by the time the expansion comes out (extra act, enchanting, extra classes, and hopefully a cube, runes, jewels, and charms) the game will feel complete. They just cut too much out to save money.
I think we can all agree on this. But there has been no news on this.

I'm guessing they ether have some Major road block or are trying to find a way to mass profit off PVP.

because to release 2 major optional modification (Paragon and Ubers) means that the expected PvP release date is far enough into the future that need content to fill the game and keep players engaged until then.

If PvP had a release date of say November 1st I don't think they would have released so much content into 1.0.5. So if I had to guess....which I do.... I'd say PvP for Christmas or New Years.

They said they didn't care about PvP balance, so i'm inclined to think that they are just trying to find a way to profit off of it. Or, they have 10 things they want to do before the expansion, and they've spread them out evenly in order to string people along.

Last edited:
I agree! Each patch they've done has made the game better, usually by a lot. Just saying that Rizen was right--we essentially bought an alpha version of D3, because they can save development money by using all these changes/fixes they're doing to string along the player-base, while at the same time getting loads of free testing and feedback. I reckon by the time the expansion comes out (extra act, enchanting, extra classes, and hopefully a cube, runes, jewels, and charms) the game will feel complete. They just cut too much out to save money.

Yeah I said the same thing too, should've had a better beta test phase and yada yada. But honestly, I for one don't care, pretty much all games evolve now days. What game is the same on release as compared to months later? For me it actually feels like it keeps the game fresh and ever changing which I see as a good thing.

My biggest problem is that the game doesn't even really start until level 60 and inferno. I played 100 hours of the game, 70+ at 60, and I never once got a single decent item to drop until level 60. Gearing yourself as you leveled was almost exclusively done via the AH. Contrast that with Torchlight 2, where my lowly level 21 Embermage has 3 set items, several uniques, etc. I never even got a character to Hell difficulty in D2 because leveling was fun - you would find rares, uniques, and fun gear while leveling. I never felt like I HAD to play at the level cap.

The entire D3 game seems to be focused on level 60, and I feel like this game design is way too WoW-centric. I quit playing a couple months ago for this reason - I didn't want to level another character to 60 because it's boring, and at level 60 I would just be farming endless for an incredibly small chance for a cool item to drop - and for what? There was nothing to do with it anyways, since there is no PVP and the "randomization" is completely trivial. The maps all feel the same.

Right now there are a ton of other awesome games to be playing. Between Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, and Skyrim, I have plenty of games to play. Diablo 3 just isn't that great in comparison. If you are playing and having fun that's cool. I'll probably hop back in at 1.05 and see what it's like, but it's not a game worth playing over the others that are out right now imo.

At least I made my money back by selling a few items for ~$180 total off the RMAH.

My biggest problem is that the game doesn't even really start until level 60 and inferno. I played 100 hours of the game, 70+ at 60, and I never once got a single decent item to drop until level 60. Gearing yourself as you leveled was almost exclusively done via the AH. Contrast that with Torchlight 2, where my lowly level 21 Embermage has 3 set items, several uniques, etc. I never even got a character to Hell difficulty in D2 because leveling was fun - you would find rares, uniques, and fun gear while leveling. I never felt like I HAD to play at the level cap.

At least I made my money back by selling a few items for ~$180 total off the RMAH.

This was all entirely deliberate on Blizzard's part. The game begins at inferno, and the only way to succeed there is with gear. Not creative builds or player skill. Brute item level. Blizzard has built a game that revolves around their auction house, and every aspect of the game's design slaps you across the face with that fact.

Some of the Diablo 3 fanboys in this thread fully understand this and have no problem with it. Look. This is the fool, this is the monster, this is the undeserving leech that is destroying gaming for the rest of us.

Honestly, if you have a problem with things like RMT you might as well quit playing online games now. Any game that has any sort of economy in an online world is going to go that way eventually. It is going to happen, believing it isn't happening is just willful ignorance. Why shouldn't a company cash in and sanction something that they aren't going to be able to prevent happening through third parties.

It's also funny because the same people who bitch about never getting anything good simply just don't understand. The gear you are wearing right now and complaining about never getting anything good is gear that would have been amazing at launch and sold for a lot. The more you complain, the more they buff gear, the less the majority of gear is worth. The average just keeps getting pushed higher up the bell curve, and this patch is going to push it a lot higher. Every single rare you get rolling level 63 properties plus all the extra magic find is probably something like 15x increase.

In theory MP 1 should be easier than what we currently have with Inferno. However, because all monsters are now level 63 (even in Act 1 and 2) there is a chance they'll hit harder as well. I can't really tell if that makes it more difficult or not.

Yeah I think this was kind of a recent change since it was highly requested after the PTR went live. Acts 1 and 2 will be noticeably harder than they are on 1.0.4 even at MP 1. The rule of thumb about how MP2 is roughly equivalent to Inferno 1.0.4 only really applies to Acts 3 and 4. MP1 will be easier than right now for 3/4 and harder for 1/2 due to the mlvl jump.

The entire D3 game seems to be focused on level 60, and I feel like this game design is way too WoW-centric. I quit playing a couple months ago for this reason - I didn't want to level another character to 60 because it's boring, and at level 60 I would just be farming endless for an incredibly small chance for a cool item to drop - and for what? There was nothing to do with it anyways, since there is no PVP and the "randomization" is completely trivial. The maps all feel the same.

Right now there are a ton of other awesome games to be playing. Between Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, and Skyrim, I have plenty of games to play. Diablo 3 just isn't that great in comparison. If you are playing and having fun that's cool. I'll probably hop back in at 1.05 and see what it's like, but it's not a game worth playing over the others that are out right now imo.

That is an interesting point of view. I only play multiplayer and running through level 1-59 with 3 friends is about as much fun as I have had in any game. I never use the auction house until I hit level 60. I'm able to find all the gear I need until level 60.

I have 1 more class to get to level 60. Maybe I'll try doing it solo and see how it goes.

I think you are identifying with character build (great for solo play), which D3 doesn't have.

Every time I open up this game after not playing for a few weeks I have like 5+ new friend requests from gold spammers. Why are those still not banned?

This was all entirely deliberate on Blizzard's part. The game begins at inferno, and the only way to succeed there is with gear. Not creative builds or player skill. Brute item level. Blizzard has built a game that revolves around their auction house, and every aspect of the game's design slaps you across the face with that fact.

Some of the Diablo 3 fanboys in this thread fully understand this and have no problem with it. Look. This is the fool, this is the monster, this is the undeserving leech that is destroying gaming for the rest of us.

My sentiments exactly. I had stopped playing D3 a few weeks before BL2 came out because I was tired of the grind. I have no characters that have beaten Hell level as I've lost interest well before getting there. Fairly disgusted with the banality of the game.

I know I will be amongst the few but this is causing me to reconsider any future Blizzard purchases. Which for the near future will be HOTS.

That is an interesting point of view. I only play multiplayer and running through level 1-59 with 3 friends is about as much fun as I have had in any game. I never use the auction house until I hit level 60. I'm able to find all the gear I need until level 60.

I have 1 more class to get to level 60. Maybe I'll try doing it solo and see how it goes.

I think you are identifying with character build (great for solo play), which D3 doesn't have.
I got the game at release and playing with friends at the time and for the first few patches made the game harder and made your drops worse, so I mostly just solo'd :(

Honestly, if you have a problem with things like RMT you might as well quit playing online games now. Any game that has any sort of economy in an online world is going to go that way eventually. It is going to happen, believing it isn't happening is just willful ignorance. Why shouldn't a company cash in and sanction something that they aren't going to be able to prevent happening through third parties.
I don't have a problem with the Real Money Auction House or things like that. I have a problem when the game design is built around maximizing their profits from it, rather than creating an enjoyable game atmosphere.

It's also funny because the same people who bitch about never getting anything good simply just don't understand. The gear you are wearing right now and complaining about never getting anything good is gear that would have been amazing at launch and sold for a lot. The more you complain, the more they buff gear, the less the majority of gear is worth. The average just keeps getting pushed higher up the bell curve, and this patch is going to push it a lot higher. Every single rare you get rolling level 63 properties plus all the extra magic find is probably something like 15x increase.

Spoken like a true Capitalist! Screw content...that's merely a diversion from the reality that [Insert game name here] is crap. Focus on the money! Wonder with astonishment later as to why you're sending out your resume since your last game failed to rake in the cash. :rolleyes:

RMT is perfectly acceptable. But when you build a game whose sole purpose is to extract money from players, you're going to end up with a giant turd. And that's what this game is.

I've said it before, here it is again: true developers are artists, not businessmen. They create because they have the skill and the means and they wish to share it with the world, and perhaps be compensated justly. But the money is not their primary motivation. Few true developers remain.

The mainstream success of gaming has attracted the bottom-feeding filthy businessmen who seek to exploit it for their own monetary benefit. If you do not recognize this as a grave threat to the future of this passion, you are a fool.

gaming has never been about content is has always been about capital.

Content is just a method for building capital through either more subscribers or a better reputation which will increase capital for future endeavors. Nothing is more profitable than a brand.

Any and all efforts made by the previous Blizzard in terms of content or quality were done so that they can get to their current stage of fame.

Blizzard was riding on high reputation which allowed them too be more greedy with its money grabs and more half assed with its content.

If Runic starts to become hugely successful and builds a great reputation then we will see less reputation building and more money grabbing.

gaming has never been about content is has always been about capital.

Any and all efforts made by the previous Blizzard in terms of content or quality were done so that they can get to their current stage of fame.

Blizzard was riding on high reputation which allowed them too be more greedy with its money grabs and more half assed with its content.

Patently false, unsubstantiated statements and outrageous cynicism. Small wonder you have no convictions. It was after their acquisition by Vivendi in 1998 that their culture begin to make an about-face. Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 were released soon enough afterward (2000 and 2002) to be free of the filth and disease taking Blizzard over. Take a look at every Blizzard game after that date and what theme do you see? Money, money, money, WoW subscriptions, money, starcraft 2 three installments, money, money, Diablo 3 money-fueled item grind, money.

Starcraft, Warcrafts 1 & 2, and Diablos 1 & 2 were works of art, created to delight players by brilliant people untainted by the business interests of vultures and leeches. Don't you dare slander what that company was as if to justify what it is now.

But.. but.. I could have sworn things went south *after* the Activision Blizzard merger!

Honestly, I don't get why people try so hard to connect the dots with circumstantial evidence. Times change, people change. Even all of us have grown out of the mindset of young innocent gamers with no preconceived notions and into the mindset of bs gamer politics.

Patently false, unsubstantiated statements and outrageous cynicism. Small wonder you have no convictions. It was after their acquisition by Vivendi in 1998 that their culture begin to make an about-face. Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 were released soon enough afterward (2000 and 2002) to be free of the filth and disease taking Blizzard over. Take a look at every Blizzard game after that date and what theme do you see? Money, money, money, WoW subscriptions, money, starcraft 2 three installments, money, money, Diablo 3 money-fueled item grind, money.

Starcraft, Warcrafts 1 & 2, and Diablos 1 & 2 were works of art, created to delight players by brilliant people untainted by the business interests of vultures and leeches. Don't you dare slander what that company was as if to justify what it is now.

Dude you are proving my point......Who do you think sold Blizzard? yep the owners of blizzard. The same leaders who built Warcraft 1 and 2 sold their brand to Vivendi.......the only convictions the old blizzard ever had was toward profits.....though building a brand.....evident by the fact they sold their company.

They built up a great reputation to be able to get a great paycheck. Then another company bought their reputation to exploit it.

StarCraft 2 isn't really a good example of money-grubbing Blizzard.

Not only does the base game have a lot more content than SC1, but they regularly release ladder and custom maps for free and recently overhauled the entire interface. They're preparing to release the expansion (which is priced as an expansion) almost 2 and a half years after Wings of Liberty, whereas Brood War was released 9 months after SC1.

Dude you are proving my point......Who do you think sold Blizzard? yep the owners of blizzard. The same leaders who built Warcraft 1 and 2 sold their brand to Vivendi.......the only convictions the old blizzard ever had was toward profits.....though building a brand.....evident by the fact they sold their company.

They built up a great reputation to be able to get a great paycheck. Then another company bought their reputation to exploit it.

Indeed. Blizzard had actually sold themselves to a public company before Vivendi because they wanted "adults" to do business with.

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R15P7LBcl60 at about 14 mins in.

Well let's be honest here. Blizzard was started as an outlet for like minded artists to have their freedom to do whatever and make a paycheck at the same time. Most artistic types are strangled by their employers who only see ways to make money. The employers tell them what is acceptable and they are forced to follow or lose their ability to eat. Blizzard was more or less founded under the premise that 'Wall Street" types don't understand art and thus can't create works of art that consumers would appreciate.

Early on the Blizzard founders realized that they weren't great businessmen and they needed help managing the business side of their operation. It's not that their art wasn't going to sell; it's that they didn't understand the nuts and bolts of budgets, salaries, distribution, etc. Plus to most artists that side of business is boring and not something that they really want to fully understand. It's easier to let someone else handle that while so they can make more art and eat at the same time.

That's basically what Blizzard's founders did when they sold their company; got someone trustworthy to manage the books and crap they didn't enjoy doing so they could concentrate on making the best art possible with hopes that it would sell. If it sold well then they could get paid to create even more art and not have to ever deal with the business side of things.

That's why I believe they merged with Activision. Since they were such a huge behemoth at that point it made sense to pick the biggest financial planner to tag along with. I personally think they are slowly letting the art side of things go as they slowly become more corporate. Pretty soon we'll be calling them the next EA / Bioware marriage.

Spoken like a true Capitalist! Screw content...that's merely a diversion from the reality that [Insert game name here] is crap. Focus on the money! Wonder with astonishment later as to why you're sending out your resume since your last game failed to rake in the cash. :rolleyes:
Right. Because the "OMG BUILT AROUND AH" is such a substantiated claim backed by so much evidence.

No, it is people who don't like the game trying to find a cause to blame it on.

There was 2 ways to do it. No real way to trade gear except by jumping through a lot of hoops ie j2dsp etc and making the general drops better. This to me does not lead to long term game play. You play, you get everything really fast, and then what. What keeps you playing? Torchlight 2 doesn't appeal to me. Why? What's the point exactly? If you keep playing you aren't really going to get better gear, your character isn't really going to grow. Worse then that it's just going to get modded and people are going to have every mob dropping the best gear. What is the point to keep playing more then once through when you get everything so easily?

Or you do it like they did it. You give the game an economy. You give things a value that gets traded between players. When you get an awesome item even if you can't use it it still has value. You can sell it and get what you need. You might already have the most amazing gloves and get another really good pair and instead of being entirely useless you can sell them and get something for a different slot.

It's different mind sets and they attract different people. You don't like an in game economy. Congratulations. Go play something else and stop crying all over the internet about it.

I think you're kinda missing the point tehslippery. For example I put in around 300 hours on my DH. If I got 5 usable items for my DH from 1 - 60 and Inferno playing solo that entire time I can't remember it. I got some alright / crappy Wizard gear though. So I abandoned my 300 hour DH for a Wizard so I can progress in Inferno.

Now when I play other games in this same genre I get tons of fun drops so that I can muse over wearing the extra attack speed or extra power or what the hell; extra resist gear for example. I get epics, rares, greens, even maybe a legendary off a boss from level 1 - max level. I trade gear with other players by asking in global chat or list them on a website.

Why is it in D3 you get shit for rewards? What's my motivation for playing? Then I have to go to the faceless AH for gear if I want to keep progressing. Where is the social interaction? Why is this game the red herring in the ARPG genre? Why do so many people complain about it if it's "fine" to some players?

If the words "Blizzard Entertainment" weren't on the front of the box cover I bet 90% of the people that bought it wouldn't have on principal alone. That's my opinion but I think it's shared with lots of other jaded D3 players.

I absolutely 100% guarantee you got more items then that, they just got replaced over time.

I also disagree about no different spec's. It just isn't true. Might there be something that kills fastest? Sure. That is going to be the case no matter how many options there are. There is always going to be something best. People spec plenty of different ways right now, and get gear that does it differently. There is nothing forcing anyone to use a certain spec.

DH's have had plenty of different spec's they could use, most people just like them or try them. If you couldn't progress on a DH it was likely something you did, because there are plenty of Demon Hunters that did just fine, even without Legacy Nat set. I'm not really sure why you are saying that you don't have those options and gear choices here, because you definitely do. Playing with others helps that even more.

I think 1.0.5 is a patch that was largely directed at DH's with the decrease in damage output. The class that is largely played pure glass cannon gains the most from that.

Gear drops are luck, and after this next patch your chances are going to drastically go up. Some days you can play and get some amazing loot. Other times you can go for days and get nothing at all. It's just luck, but you can get gear. You just have to keep playing. Playing in Act 3 helped a ton over Act 1, being in Act 1 was awful for loot. Magic Find is also really huge for the quality of loot you get.

I will agree with you that leveling you need to see more loot. Monster Power will help with this some since it will give you some magic find, but I'd like to see Nephalem Valor regardless of level. I don't think that should be a level 60 thing. I also think the guaranteed rares for the first time you kill and boss should be in all difficulties, not just normal. The loot while leveling can be a major drag. 60 is fine though. I'm kind of worried they are going too far in the gear being good direction with everything in inferno rolling level 63 affixes.

Edit: I will also agree with the sentiment that the people calling the shots often get in the ways of developers doing things that would be good for the game, but that is general about the gaming industry, not Blizzard.

No, I really didn't get much loot on my DH while playing it. I'm probably approaching 400 hours of game played time and I've gotten Immortal Kings gloves with the lowest roll possible and while playing the Wizard I got a pair of dexterity legendary gloves the day before yesterday. I can do all of of Act 2 Inferno on my DH if I'm not too laggy. My DH has like 300 resist because the gear is so terrible but I can avoid all projectiles by simply playing well. I'm in Act 3 on the DH. It's really sad how pathetic it is geared. The rares I pick up for other classes that might be ok but they never sell even if I list them for the vendor price. Don't know what I did to Papa Blizzard to incur it's wrath. :)

If you can't progress in inferno on SC, you're doing it wrong ;)

Just hit Paragon 45 tonight on my HC Barb. Found a GFG Triumvirate last night that I'm sticking on my Wizard who I will piece together as I go.

The levels are getting slow and upgrades are hard to come by simply because the community is SO small. My gear isn't even that good. We lost quite a few of the top guys the past couple weeks which doesn't help. We need more players. If you guys are interested in a tight knit community, you should try HC.

IF anyone plays HC, here's my profile: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/hcbigaug-1950/Aug/25517170

Let me know if you got an upgrade.

Oh and on a much lighter note I have gotten the baby Wizard to Act 4 Inferno. 900 - 1,000 resist with prismatic armor and 29,000 dps. Unfortunately I'm down to 24,000 HP which means elite packs in Act 4 one shot me. But I can last a really long time playing Keep - Away. The one shots are hurting my pride so I'm going back to Act 3 to farm until I can save enough gold to upgrade my gear again.

Thank you whomever taught me how to auction snipe. Many thanks!

Oh the hardest fight to do so far was Cadea until I decided to grab Archon I wiped at I believe to be 0.05% on Cadea one time. I knew the B had to die tonight! For Siege Breaker I didn't even bother to try to avoid being picked up or his charge. That thing hits like a wet noodle. Azmodan (sp) didn't put up much of a fight either. Double teleport nullified his black spots on the ground.

When you crit for 30,000 you have to be inventive. :)

Well big_aug Inferno seems to be darn easy to me as far as mechanics go. Crappy drops while playing the Demon Hunter meant I couldn't sell anything on the AH. So basically I could only gear up by collecting gold from mobs and vendoring gear.

I kept my All Resist Wizard gear that dropped even though most of it was garbage. So I leveled the Wizard and had like 14k HP, 8k damage, and 500 resist when I entered Inferno Act 1. That was the best of the best gear that dropped while playing the DH for 300 hours.

I took my last 200,000 gold and bought a shield and a few pieces of better resist gear. That bumped me to 800 resists, 11,000 damage, and 38k HP. I solo'd all the way to Act 3 Inferno with that except for a few times I grouped up with my friends that half ass play but want me ready and waiting to play 24 / 7. :)

Inferno is easy mode on the DH and the Wizard as the game is all about your resists to dps ratio. The mechanics while sometimes random can be overcome. Not having gear can be overcome by either farming gold, buying gold, or buying gear. I just farm gold to buy gear. I do wish items dropped that I could sell on the AH. Would greatly increase my bank!

My "progress" was delayed by not having internet for the last month but I fought my way to Ghom with my barb and beat him on my second try. I initially neglected killing the slimey turds he barfed out but with my life on kill bonus (4500ish) they were what gave me the necessary boost. Certainly didn't expect to beat him on the second try in just over 2 minutes but starting to think my barb isn't as terrible as I thought, lol

Heralds and Phasebeasts will bring me back down to earth, though :(

Oh and on a much lighter note I have gotten the baby Wizard to Act 4 Inferno. 900 - 1,000 resist with prismatic armor and 29,000 dps. Unfortunately I'm down to 24,000 HP which means elite packs in Act 4 one shot me. But I can last a really long time playing Keep - Away. The one shots are hurting my pride so I'm going back to Act 3 to farm until I can save enough gold to upgrade my gear again.

Thank you whomever taught me how to auction snipe. Many thanks!

Oh the hardest fight to do so far was Cadea until I decided to grab Archon I wiped at I believe to be 0.05% on Cadea one time. I knew the B had to die tonight! For Siege Breaker I didn't even bother to try to avoid being picked up or his charge. That thing hits like a wet noodle. Azmodan (sp) didn't put up much of a fight either. Double teleport nullified his black spots on the ground.

When you crit for 30,000 you have to be inventive. :)

Honestly cagey, with everything you have said why are you still playing???

And what the hell is auction sniping? You do know that the AH uses proxy bidding. There is no real way to "snipe" using that system.

Honestly cagey, with everything you have said why are you still playing???

And what the hell is auction sniping? You do know that the AH uses proxy bidding. There is no real way to "snipe" using that system.

I play whatever my buddies that I've been playing with over a decade play. And I didn't know it was proxy bidding until a month or so ago when I read it here as I tried my best to play the game as pure as possible.

Since a few of my friends said they wanted to come back and try it again, naturally I'm back playing with them. Doesn't matter if they pick Hello Kitty Island or Battlefield 3; I'm going to hang out and vegetate with them. And of course I'm not going to like everything they pick, but I'm going to play it anyway as it's what the group picked.

Of course I wish D3 had a "better" loot system where the player is rewarded loot instead of gold, but that's subjective as some people like the current loot system and wouldn't play anything else. I'm just not into the mindset of the developers. Doesn't mean they're "dumb" for doing it this way as it makes them 15% revenue off each transaction. I respect their desire to take a cut of RMT sales within their own game. Pretty smart of them!

I wish the game had a system where each boss dropped at least one item for you. Just one item that could roll up awesome or dull based on luck. The bosses don't have to drop an item every time you kill it, but let me know it's there for the taking.

So let's say normal Inferno Siege Breaker has the possibility to drop bracers for each class. Roll the difficulty to Monster Level 1 and you have a chance at bracers with slightly better stats. Monster Level 10 can drop the legendary godlike ones. When they drop label the item with the name of the adventurer who discovered them and the Monster Level they did it at. The game would be so cool and innovative if it did something like that! Stuff that I expect from Blizzard Entertainment; not staring at an auction house window. Don't you think it would be cool to have people searching the AH for Rdzona because he's the baddest Wizard gamer that can handle Monster Level 10?

So do I hate the game at it's core? No, I think it could use more random maps but that's just preference. I think the way loot is distributed is a travesty as other games simply do it better and the genre is all about the loot. Shiny things make me want to play longer to see if I can get a better shiny item! Would I be playing D3 today if my friends weren't playing? I would fire it up from time to time to smile at the lush animations and environments. I would have fun for about an hour until I realize why I hate playing it. That's what I was doing before in all honesty.

:)

My "progress" was delayed by not having internet for the last month but I fought my way to Ghom with my barb and beat him on my second try. I initially neglected killing the slimey turds he barfed out but with my life on kill bonus (4500ish) they were what gave me the necessary boost. Certainly didn't expect to beat him on the second try in just over 2 minutes but starting to think my barb isn't as terrible as I thought, lol

Heralds and Phasebeasts will bring me back down to earth, though :(

Act 3 Phasebeasts on the way to Azmodan with the fast, teleporter, desecration, arcane, extra health, reflect affixes were worse than any boss in the game. To be exact I'd rather fight four D3 bosses at one time than fight those again. Ghom was a pushover after I upgraded my gear from 11k dps to 20k dps for that fight. I only had 500 LoH on my Wizard for that fight as I'm pretty poor in the game. I had the Templar healing me. Got him on the first try after upgrading. Tried him a couple times at 11k dps and he enraged with 15% health left as my dps was just too low to kill him.

They just need to add in like 100+ sets of gear and distribute them throughout 1-60. I miss shit like Arctic Furs.

They just need to add in like 100+ sets of gear and distribute them throughout 1-60. I miss shit like Arctic Furs.

This sounds like a good idea also. If I collected one of the set from a boss I wouldn't mind searching the AH to complete the full set if only for the looks.

I think defined loot tables would also go a long way in making the game feel bigger. At present, you just look for the easiest stretch to farm, regardless of what you're killing... and so it's not very memorable. Instead i prefer the approach, "well i want this piece of gear so i should farm Ghom, and this other one comes from the skeleton king" then finding good runs which include the 5 NV stacks up to the boss you're trying to get a piece of gear off of.

I dunno, i just like farming bosses i guess.

No, I really didn't get much loot on my DH while playing it. I'm probably approaching 400 hours of game played time and I've gotten Immortal Kings gloves with the lowest roll possible and while playing the Wizard I got a pair of dexterity legendary gloves the day before yesterday. I can do all of of Act 2 Inferno on my DH if I'm not too laggy. My DH has like 300 resist because the gear is so terrible but I can avoid all projectiles by simply playing well. I'm in Act 3 on the DH. It's really sad how pathetic it is geared. The rares I pick up for other classes that might be ok but they never sell even if I list them for the vendor price. Don't know what I did to Papa Blizzard to incur it's wrath. :)

Very difficult to believe you spent 400+ and got nothing to show for it.

I have about 200 hours played on my demon hunter here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/macro6-1559/ I never had any AMAZING drops, the most i made from AH was about 15 million only ONE time. Not sure how much total gold i had but i prolly guess around 40-50 million. I have about 80k dps without SS with only 100 AllResist. Still manage to farm act 3 efficiently. I also farmed act 3 when Nether Tenticles was OP and all DH was glass canon... can you link your profile?

Back