Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

My Barb is geared to farm Act 2 and survive Act 3.....and I just beat Act 4 with the double Whirlwind build (not one death either). Waiting for the nerf stick to hit this build.

Now I'm debating selling off all of my gear on the GAH then selling the gold on the RMAH. Would be an easy $150+

How hard is it to make your 60 bucks back in this game? I won't mind buying it if I can get my money back.

Just my $0.02 but if the sole deciding factor for you is whether or not you can make your $60 back, it should be a pretty clear indication that you should pass.

Honestly, even ~1-2 days' wage at a minimum wage job would pay for the game, and that's a shit ton less hours than it would take to farm $60 worth of D3 items/gold to sell on the RMAH.

So i just crafted 140 i62 belts and all my money is gone and i quit bye diablo piece of shit game

Just my $0.02 but if the sole deciding factor for you is whether or not you can make your $60 back, it should be a pretty clear indication that you should pass.

Honestly, even ~1-2 days' wage at a minimum wage job would pay for the game, and that's a shit ton less hours than it would take to farm $60 worth of D3 items/gold to sell on the RMAH.
Now, yeah. The first two weeks of RMAH I was making $300-500 per day. Stopped when it started getting down to around $30 per day about a week ago. I could easily feel how rapidly people were leaving just by the amount I was making, and the items I was finding on the AH as time went on.

So i just crafted 140 i62 belts and all my money is gone and i quit bye diablo piece of shit game
Did you quit because you didn't know that crafting that many belts would take all your money? :p

Wtf do how much money have you made?

You would be lucky to even earn 500 dollar on the EU servers

Well apparently playing for extended periods farming Sarkoth means I'm a botter/hacker because I was banned last night. I'll never understand this game....I hit inferno and farm in a farming game and then get banned. My last hoo-rah with blizz. Here I come GW2.

PS. I wasnt playing the RMAH or any other stupid stuff.

Well apparently playing for extended periods farming Sarkoth means I'm a botter/hacker because I was banned last night. I'll never understand this game....I hit inferno and farm in a farming game and then get banned. My last hoo-rah with blizz. Here I come GW2.

PS. I wasnt playing the RMAH or any other stupid stuff.

was it just your D3 key that got banned or your bnet account as well?

I remember someone saying that Sarkoth exists just to bait people into botting it so that Blizzard can have an easy target to look at for botters, then Blizzard can ban wave them

after the ban wave passes, botters will buy new copies and start farming again since Blizzard bans just based off of key or bnet account and the cycle repeats. botters make more than the cost of the game and Blizzard can keep selling copies of the game to botters.

was it just your D3 key that got banned or your bnet account as well?

I remember someone saying that Sarkoth exists just to bait people into botting it so that Blizzard can have an easy target to look at for botters, then Blizzard can ban wave them

after the ban wave passes, botters will buy new copies and start farming again since Blizzard bans just based off of key or bnet account and the cycle repeats. botters make more than the cost of the game and Blizzard can keep selling copies of the game to botters.

Sarkoth is a ridiculous way to make gold. I was pulling almost 7k a run there and a run takes less than 15 seconds....Was my D3 key that got banned. But after leveling a WD and a DH to 50 Im pretty burnt on trying to do it again. Especially with having to buy another key for $60.00.

I hate to be that guy who asks what stuff is worth, but I'm going to have to be because I really have no idea. If I search the AH for 170 Str, 160 Vit, 70 All Res there are 0 results on Gold or RMAH. Lowering the values brings up results all over the place. Any ideas?

vkEPH.png

I initially listed them for 100m bid and buyout, didn't sell. I relisted them for 50m bid 75m buyout and I now have a 50m bid on them. I'm happy with that! I really thought they'd probably end up going for 25-30m since people are so obsessed with runspeed even though these boots are pretty win.

Edit: Someone bought them for 75m buyout

Last edited:
What's wrong with the game? The beta was awesome, and it makes you realize how much more awesome the actual game will be since the beta has probably less than 5% of the actual game in it (and hardly any content).

If you liked the beta, then you will definitely like the game. I'm just disappointed that D3 didn't follow in the same footsteps as D2 LOD, its more in the footsteps of WoW. But i expected that, since it wasn't the same team as the original Diablo.

I initially listed them for 100m bid and buyout, didn't sell. I relisted them for 50m bid 75m buyout and I now have a 50m bid on them. I'm happy with that! I really thought they'd probably end up going for 25-30m since people are so obsessed with runspeed even though these boots are pretty win.

Wow, nice!

good barb boots

I was in the trade chat yesterday and some people started talking about having to fight multiple elite packs at the same time. I was in the vault (and bored) so I decided to try it on and aggro 2-3 packs. Here are the results:

http://youtu.be/TYoKlbTFtDk

Gotta love mortar, frozen, jailer, desecrate, molten, and arcane sentries flying around at the same time. Was actually pretty fun.

I was in the trade chat yesterday and some people started talking about having to fight multiple elite packs at the same time. I was in the vault (and bored) so I decided to try it on and aggro 2-3 packs. Here are the results:

http://youtu.be/TYoKlbTFtDk

Gotta love mortar, frozen, jailer, desecrate, molten, and arcane sentries flying around at the same time. Was actually pretty fun.

I was in Act 2 yesterday farming and had a blue pack spawn with different affix on each of them.

Ended up with following: arcane, molten, descrator, jailer, reflects damage and I think fire chain.

fun combo for a monk...

That looks pretty fun. I was thinking of making a Spectral Blade build myself, but the cost to experiment with it is pretty high. I did a Siegebreaker run with no crit gear, LoH or shield and I had Glass Cannon on. Boy was it not pretty lol. Very fun though and I managed to get 5 stacks and kill him. I probably died less than I used to when I started siegebreaker runs (back before the Inferno nerf) so it was comparatively tame. This makes me extra curious to try a CM build, but I'll have to re-gear pretty much everything.

Last edited:
Having fun in a video game?

What a preposterous idea.

I know! , hard to realize in this day and age but I hear legends of people gathering from miles around to play these "video games". Many hours of laughter and good will ensued.

So I logged onto Diablo 3 and looked at my recent players list. Around 90% of them are playing level 60 Wizards. (Obviously they weren't all wizards when I was in their game). I honestly wonder how Blizzard will try to save face, and at what cost to the community...

they will just patch it nothing more nothing less

there was an invulnerability exploit for diablo 2 that lasted over a year so no big deal

So I logged onto Diablo 3 and looked at my recent players list. Around 90% of them are playing level 60 Wizards. (Obviously they weren't all wizards when I was in their game). I honestly wonder how Blizzard will try to save face, and at what cost to the community...

So what's the deal with this? Unfortunately I can't check out youtube anymore at work :/ What does the glitch or exploit do?

By the time stuff like that makes it to Youtube, tons of people have already been exploiting it for hours, if not days, and have already dumped a ton of stuff onto the RMAH. rofl. So glad I got my refund.

By the time stuff like that makes it to Youtube, tons of people have already been exploiting it for hours, if not days, and have already dumped a ton of stuff onto the RMAH. rofl. So glad I got my refund.

How would this negatively effect you at all? If anything it helps add more loot to the game which is what everyone wants.

How would this negatively effect you at all? If anything it helps add more loot to the game which is what everyone wants.

When the entire game is based on the auction house, and the real or perceived value of items associated with it, it effects everyone.

First of all, the exploiters get massively wealthy. The exploits only drive down the prices of lesser pieces of gear. They can still be very good, but they will not be the best. The best gear will be massively inflated in value because the only people buying it are exploiters and people spending tons of money on RMAH.

Second of all, the only replay value of the game is getting items with better numbers. With a flood of top end items on the market attained by cheating, every single drop you ever get will likely be absolutely worthless, and you didn't cheat. How's that for replay value?

When the entire game is based on the auction house, and the real or perceived value of items associated with it, it effects everyone.

First of all, the exploiters get massively wealthy. The exploits only drive down the prices of lesser pieces of gear. They can still be very good, but they will not be the best. The best gear will be massively inflated in value because the only people buying it are exploiters and people spending tons of money on RMAH.

Second of all, the only replay value of the game is getting items with better numbers. With a flood of top end items on the market attained by cheating, every single drop you ever get will likely be absolutely worthless, and you didn't cheat. How's that for replay value?

Diablo 2 was full of hackers/dupers and mass items and yet it was incredibly popular and is still played today. Your point is invalid. The game isnt made around the AH.. you can play without it completely. All of HC just uses d2jsp and other sites and completely ignores it. We also have no RMAH.

Archon + Teleport at the same time = invincible Archon.

It's better. You just stay invincible for the entirety of being logged in. Archon can fall off and you're still invincible. Recast Archon like normal and it doesn't remove the invulnerability.

Diablo 2 was full of hackers/dupers and mass items and yet it was incredibly popular and is still played today. Your point is invalid. The game isnt made around the AH.. you can play without it completely. All of HC just uses d2jsp and other sites and completely ignores it. We also have no RMAH.

The fact that you, and a small minority, have chosen to ignore the AH does not mean the game was not designed around the AH. Blizzard gets a cut. Of course it was designed around the AH. Ignorant to think otherwise.

Worst timing for this glitch to be posted as I wont be able to play for a few days and it will likely get patched before then.....I was looking forward to some free act 4 farming.

Worst timing for this glitch to be posted as I wont be able to play for a few days and it will likely get patched before then.....I was looking forward to some free act 4 farming.

Ironically... even being invincible, Act 4 is far worse than Act 3 to farm.

meh, it works, but its not a very good exploit, its not like archon has unlimited duration and if you can't kill anything during its duration it will run out just it has always been

Back