Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

He's not duping. Do you even know what that means?

This will probably get hotfixed very soon anyway.

edit: but whatever, won't be discussing this game here anymore. Seems like every day one person comes in, shitposts something like "Hey guys Diablo 3 sucks mirite???" and the anti-D3 circlejerk starts again.

Or the fact Blizzard screwed the pooch and you just can let yourself admit it. :rolleyes:

They reheal, but very slowly. If left alone too long, they reset entirely, which tends to happen by the 3rd or 4th death because of the res timer. I usually kite them toward a respawn point to get back into the action asap. Tyrael is handy to keep them in combat if I die too often because they won't reset. However, too many deaths (long fight) can result in the enrage timer. That doesn't happen to me anymore since I've geared up, but that was my cheap tactic a while ago.

Enrage can be canceled by changing zones. Going from lvl2 to lvl1 waiting a few seconds and then re-engaging will reset the timer.

Get a refund, you are entitled to "cheat" them out of 60 dollars just as they've cheated us out of a supposedly diablo themed game. Instead we got this money-grubbing-pile-of-shit.

edit: but whatever, won't be discussing this game here anymore. Seems like every day one person comes in, shitposts something like "Hey guys Diablo 3 sucks mirite???" and the anti-D3 circlejerk starts again.

This forum does that to every single game that comes out I think. There is always someone claiming its too easy, too much like wow, not enough like wow, nothing new, etc. And don't stick up for any of them else you be branded a fan boi...

This forum does that to every single game that comes out I think. There is always someone claiming its too easy, too much like wow, not enough like wow, nothing new, etc. And don't stick up for any of them else you be branded a fan boi...

I would say the majority of complaints actually come from games being released with a combination of the following:
1) Graphics that look out to date.
2) Game play changes in sequels that greatly change game play dynamics.
3) Not living up to the hype the developers create.
4) DRM.
5) Creating "sequels" that are only some what resemble the previous game.

Blizzard basically took everything that people don't like, created a half-assed game with that information, and used a games reputation/popularity from 10 years ago to make money.

Imagine if you saw Iron man 1, and 5 years later they released Iron man 2, except it was really the Green Lantern.

So I signed in, and I only have the starter edition, and I have like 20 friend requests for stupid gold websites. Fail.

I would say the majority of complaints actually come from games being released with a combination of the following:
1) Graphics that look out to date.
2) Game play changes in sequels that greatly change game play dynamics.
3) Not living up to the hype the developers create.
4) DRM.
5) Creating "sequels" that are only some what resemble the previous game.

Blizzard basically took everything that people don't like, created a half-assed game with that information, and used a games reputation/popularity from 10 years ago to make money.

Imagine if you saw Iron man 1, and 5 years later they released Iron man 2, except it was really the Green Lantern.

This, this and this

it's so true, the game just sucks ass there stupid inferno mode wasnt even tested. its just a bull shit mode where they doubled everything to make you buy crap from the RMAH

That's what I thought and posted after my first playthrough, but some members claimed that was the most idiotic comparison they ever heard :rolleyes: the rainbow level is just as worse of an insult to the original diablo fans than jar jar binks ever was. People had their hopes up for a game of epic proportions and instead what we got was a, I feverishly waited 12 years for this kiddie crap shell of a game.

The rainbow level was such a let down. It doesn't even come off as being comical like they had envisioned. It truely does rank up there with jar jar binks.

I've decided to just play the Auction House game that they included.
It's actually more exciting. Lol.

I used the clock glitch to cancel all my auctions and start a new batch. If shit doesn't sell in an hour, I'll cancel them and sell other items.

I'm still enjoying things. : )

Don't get me wrong. I agree it is a fun game. I have alot of hours played. Like someone said in a earlier post, they did alot of things right, but they did alot of things equally wrong. I'm hoping they can fix alot of the issues in future patches and expansions. It all hinges on how much money do they really want to make on the RMAH. :)

Has anyone heard any news about the RMAH release date recently? The AH button still says projected date of 6/12. Wondering if this is actually still the projected date, since that's just a couple days away.

Bah, finally got bored. I've found zero items that I could use in inferno and have to rely on AH and run through hundred of horribly priced items and still can't find a good one. Not to mention that a "good" items cost billions and probably need to farm the whole year in A1 just to get ready for A2. I would say the game ended at Hell mode.

Bah, finally got bored. I've found zero items that I could use in inferno and have to rely on AH and run through hundred of horribly priced items and still can't find a good one. Not to mention that a "good" items cost billions and probably need to farm the whole year in A1 just to get ready for A2. I would say the game ended at Hell mode.

I love how in the beginning I said the AH items were grossly overpriced, yet everyone disagreed. Now all I see are complaints that items cost too much.

Patches are coming, tweaks to inferno are on the way. Be patient, take a break, revisit after patch 1.03 which will hopefully hit some time this month.

I opened a ticket and cited every one of their technical problems. Got my refund in four days. My friend contacted them today and got it four hours later.

I tried that, they just closed my ticket, and sent me to the forums to figure out how to 'fix' my problem... turns out bitching on the forums is supposed to fix it.:D

I tried that, they just closed my ticket, and sent me to the forums to figure out how to 'fix' my problem... turns out bitching on the forums is supposed to fix it.:D

Getting the automated response does close your ticket. You then open it again saying your issue still hasn't been resolved. They give you that option.

Not to mention that a "good" items cost billions and probably need to farm the whole year in A1 just to get ready for A2. I would say the game ended at Hell mode.

The problem is that only Act 3 and 4 of Inferno actually drop proper Inferno gear. There are some 'OK' items that drop in Act 1, but the vast majority of them suck. Luckily they state they are fixing that in 1.03.

My only concerns as of now is how they are going to handle the IAS nerf without breaking anything and the insane increase in repair costs.

screenshot005vu.jpg

There is good gear from Hell Act 4, they're just too far between.

I dont think blizzard needs to expand the upper bounds of gear, I think Act 1 , 2 and then 3/4 should still have their seperate tiers. They need to raise the lower bound of gear and rolls so that you're not getting anything more than 1 step below where you're at. So Act 2 will drop iLvl 61 and 62 gear, but no 60 and definitely nothing below that.

They also need to work on their rolls so that less bad combinations show up. I'd be happy with every item having a mainstat (dex,str,int) + vit on everything, then start rolling for modifiers which can include more vit and mainstat too

i got to act1 inferno, having fun now, i had 400k gold saved and just searched for vit and int items with 100 min on each and under 100k price, i got some really nice deals, and i went from 18k hp/7k dmg to 43k hp/ 22k dmg, im able to get through inferno at a decent rate, just got done with skeletol king

I defended this game vehemently on this very forum for the last few months during the beta. I saw a lot of people knocking it before actually playing the final product based on what was thinly veiled prejudice against Blizzard and Activision. I had seen plenty of examples of this before, where people here were all over a game's shit before it was out for the wrong reasons. A lot of those games turned out to be OK, but there is a certain snobbery and elitism to this forum's denizens that disallows them from seeing it.

I was wrong in defending Diablo 3. The game is every bit as lifeless and shallow as so many people here were saying it would be. It's rather sad for me to look back at the many posts I made defending it and then seeing that this is the piece of shit that I was defending. I don't care about the always online aspect of the game, I don't care about the server instability or the difficulty of inferno. What is so wrong with the game is something so much more fundamental.

The actual design and mechanics of the game itself are so shallow and uninteresting that 3 weeks after release and I'm doneskies. I've posted about the details of this so many times that I don't even feel like writing it all up again. Suffice it to say, my motives are pure. I am not biased against Blizzard and I have high hopes for HotS AND MoP (indeed I thought Cataclysm was a perfectly competent expansion), but with Diablo 3, they dun goof'd.

i got to act1 inferno, having fun now, i had 400k gold saved and just searched for vit and int items with 100 min on each and under 100k price, i got some really nice deals, and i went from 18k hp/7k dmg to 43k hp/ 22k dmg, im able to get through inferno at a decent rate, just got done with skeletol king

Act 1 is easy.....

Wait until you went through Act 2, which your keyboard and mouse might be in danger of "smashing"..... :p

Yeah, I am still having fun but what you stated is pretty accurate, unfortunately.

Some of the things in D3s game design feels like it was developed by 8th graders, and im being serious. *cough* item mod system *cough*

Ive always been into the item find, grind style games though, so sadly, I usually still find fun in mechanics like this. How long it will last is anyones guess, but I played Diablo2 on and off for over 6 years. Thats like a $600-1000 value id say of entertainment. I cant say I will be doing the same for D3.

On another note, Torchlight 2 is supposed to be similar to D2 so, that is out soon for your info. That game is only $15 with the 4-pack. PoE out soon, that game will be free.

Play all 3? Maybe. :)

Wow the bitching is strong in here.

Have you ever considered that you're just bad at the game? I've killed Inferno Diablo both in a group and solo (group kill at ~100 hours, solo at ~130 but I overgeared it, could have done sooner).

I make money very easily, and I can farm any elite in the game (though Siegebreaker is the most efficient solo and Azmodan for groups).

I've definitely had a lot of fun and anyone that didn't get $60 of entertainment out of this game is probably just really bad at it. Roll other classes maybe? It doesn't take very long to level.

Yeah, I am still having fun but what you stated is pretty accurate, unfortunately.

Some of the things in D3s game design feels like it was developed by 8th graders, and im being serious. *cough* item mod system *cough*

Ive always been into the item find, grind style games though, so sadly, I usually still find fun in mechanics like this. How long it will last is anyones guess, but I played Diablo2 on and off for over 6 years. Thats like a $600-1000 value id say of entertainment. I cant say I will be doing the same for D3.

On another note, Torchlight 2 is supposed to be similar to D2 so, that is out soon for your info. That game is only $15 with the 4-pack. PoE out soon, that game will be free.

Play all 3? Maybe. :)

I'm looking forward to Grim Dawn above all the rest of them. I played the PoE beta and found it remarkably bland. I also played the TL2 beta and enjoyed it, but I feel it's got a lot of dead weight in its skill system.

Grim Dawn, however, as a spiritual successor to Titan Quest has me very excited. As far as I'm concerned, that game was the closest to a true Diablo 2 sequel as there has been. It was let down horribly by the lack of a closed online experience but the core game was still fantastic. An excellent and diverse dual-class system that offered so many possibilities, a robust loot system with a lot of interesting modifiers, nice graphics/good engine and an appropriately epic feeling story and setting.

Have you ever considered that you're just bad at the game? I've killed Inferno Diablo both in a group and solo (group kill at ~100 hours, solo at ~130 but I overgeared it, could have done sooner).

I make money very easily, and I can farm any elite in the game (though Siegebreaker is the most efficient solo and Azmodan for groups).

I've definitely had a lot of fun and anyone that didn't get $60 of entertainment out of this game is probably just really bad at it. Roll other classes maybe? It doesn't take very long to level.

Did you even read my post? The difficulty is not the problem with this game. I played the FotM effortless Demon Hunter after getting bored with my Barbarian and killed inferno Diablo after a mere 35 hours of played time on him. The problems with this game have nothing to do with the difficulty. Elite packs can be frustrating at times, but those are ephemeral parts of the experience, not really contributory to the meta-experience of what a Diablo game should be. What it lacks is proper randomization, skill and ESPECIALLY item design to make me want to keep playing it after I've seen and done all the content. These are fundamental problems with the game's design, not "OMG INVULNERABLE MINIONS IS BS".

Last edited:

I have also killed Inferno Diablo solo (my friends quit too early for me to do it in a group), and have gathered, let me calculate... over 230M gold. I got my $60 entertainment out of it, but do you really think it stands against the replayability factor of Diablo 1 & 2? That's a big reason why people are disappointed, not just difficulty.

Hahaha.

I had to reopen mine twice. Did get my refund though.

My favorite response was the first one, something to the effect of "We're really busy and can't get to your ticket, so we're closing it."

Hahaha.

I had to reopen mine twice. Did get my refund though.

My favorite response was the first one, something to the effect of "We're really busy and can't get to your ticket, so we're closing it."

I got that shit too! I responded along the lines of "I wish I could tell my customers at MY help desk job that!" and demanded my refund.

And then I got it. Bring on Torchlight 2.

Well, if you guys want to ball bust Blizzard/Activision, cap a screenshot and blur out any relevant info and post it online!

EDIT: Relevant being relevant to you. Not that I really approve of you getting a refund for the game, as D3 while not the game I or you expected, it was not absolutely horrible enough to really justify a refund unless you literally could not play due to their DRM. But still, that's horrible customer service. Seriously? "We can't get to it, so we'll just throw it away?"

Wooo I beat Diablo on Inferno! I think patience was the main killer for me. I was stuck in phase 2 since forever. P3 was pretty easy, I probably got there like 4 times total.

I pretty much stopped playing 2 weeks after release as it got way too boring for me. I did put over 120 hours into the game so I got my moneys worth, I guess.

Probably the first Blizzard game I've played that is mediocre and I hope its not a sign of things to come.

I, too, am getting very bored of it... Haven't touched it in days...(that's what she said)... Might pick it back up after PVP is released.

Made it to the second level of the Tower of the Damned in the Heart of Sin in Inferno... having some real issues with the elite packs they got roaming around in Act III, especially those soul lashers whose minions never seem to have less than 1 million health each. Just nowhere to kite, really. I'm totally stuck since I can't rez on my own body and move forward through the impossible mobs; it just sends me back to the checkpoint on the stairs at the beginning of the level after every attempt. Ugh, I've done the game solo all the way up to this point, but I'm gonna need some co-op help to push through to Azmodan.

Made it to the second level of the Tower of the Damned in the Heart of Sin in Inferno... having some real issues with the elite packs they got roaming around in Act III, especially those soul lashers whose minions never seem to have less than 1 million health each. Just nowhere to kite, really. I'm totally stuck since I can't rez on my own body and move forward through the impossible mobs; it just sends me back to the checkpoint on the stairs at the beginning of the level after every attempt. Ugh, I've done the game solo all the way up to this point, but I'm gonna need some co-op help to push through to Azmodan.

I had gotten lucky in my last attempt through the tower, but there's a tactic you might want to try. I think someone in this thread mentioned it a while back. You can kite the packs toward the entrance near the checkpoint and die. This may allow you to move on without aggroing them. I've also found it useful to have a follower (the Templar, in particular) buy a little bit of time in case they aren't far away enough. Start running in the opposite direction while you're still a ghost and your follower will start attacking them if (s)hes close enough. They will eventually die or run back to you without the elites on your back.

I'm not 13 years old anymore. I don't think D2 would hold my attention like it did over 10 years ago. Still chugging along with D3 though at least until GW2 comes out.

I also don't understand why people are still fixated on inferno comments when they're actively changing a lot of things about inferno. The grouping buff was really nice. We're farming in groups of 3-4 and having a blast now instead of solo farming.

Get a refund, you are entitled to "cheat" them out of 60 dollars just as they've cheated us out of a supposedly diablo themed game. Instead we got this money-grubbing-pile-of-shit.

planning on it, I have day 29 circled on my calendar. This game just isn't good enough. I'd be more forgiving if this game was called torchlight 2 or some other "clone" type game but for it to carry the diablo 3 name no thanks its not good enough. I will be giving my money to the small studios who actually care about the product and believe they should offer support to customers instead of the we're busy right now responses so many are getting

Back