Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

I found Blacksmith plans for the Cain set, so I can craft the entire set. The Helm is best in slot for a long time while leveling.

I found Blacksmith plans for the Cain set, so I can craft the entire set. The Helm is best in slot for a long time while leveling.

You've done confused me.

1 plan = whole set? They're not drops? Where'd you get the plan from?

Does that mean the stats on them are just as random as everything else you craft?

One plan for the whole set, drops randomly (based on lvl I would assume) and the stats have some fixed and some random (example)

I've probably got near 100 hours played now... found 1 legendary. :( I think they just didn't add in enough sets/legendaries so they had to have their drops so low. Where the fuck is my Arctic Furs set!!!

Sorry you are unlucky. Had my 9th legendary drop last night along with my 2nd plan. 67 hrs on my Barbarian.

Some that have dropped:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/lacuni-prowlers
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/messerschmidts-reaver
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-witching-hour
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/arreats-law
2x http://us.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/exalted-fine-pallium

I need to log into the game to remember all that have dropped :O

In my 6 years of D2 slaying, I've had 2 set items both low level shields. Diablo 3, totally different.

One plan for the whole set, drops randomly (based on lvl I would assume) and the stats have some fixed and some random (example)

Did it drop for you in Hell? Or which difficulty? And where?

So the plan lets you craft the whole set. So does it only allow you to craft it once? or multiple times, as long as you have the ingredients to do it.

I didn't get the plan, just answering the question. Since the level of Cain's set is 22, I imagine it could drop starting in late normal and thereafter. And you can make everything at once assuming you have the materials.

Interesting. The other night in inferno, I got a rare properties thing, that will allow me to have 4 random magic properties instead of 3. Not sure how I use it, but interesting drop.

In my 6 years of D2 slaying, I've had 2 set items both low level shields. Diablo 3, totally different.

That's insane. Out of all the times I've played up a D2 game, I averaged probably 4 set items per play. Once, it was 2 items of the same set!

That's insane. Out of all the times I've played up a D2 game, I averaged probably 4 set items per play. Once, it was 2 items of the same set!

No kidding, by level 30 or so I had the entire Isenhart set (legitimately).

What.... I think you are mistaken man. 3-4 uniques/set items per difficulty, many, many characters to around 90. Friends too. :confused:

I'm going to have to boot up D2 again to see for myself if a single play through nets a stash of uniques / sets. This certainly wasn't the case when I played.

You say that, but I doubt you're remembering correctly.

I remember never getting a SOJ. Ever. Of course there were plenty floating around due to the duping.

I remember getting a few sigon shields across... 15 characters maybe. I don't remember getting any of the best uniques (windforce etc.).

I remember never getting a SOJ. Ever. Of course there were plenty floating around due to the duping.

I remember getting a few sigon shields across... 15 characters maybe. I don't remember getting any of the best uniques (windforce etc.).

Well ya, you named like two of the rarest items in game (minus high runes).

There are many good elite unique/set items that drops a truckload if you just run meph a few times

A SoJ was nothing like getting set/unique items. Certain runewords were almost completely unnatainable. In comparison, there were several unique and set items that were somewhat common.

Play singleplayer so you're not seeing dupes.

Well ya, you named like two of the rarest items in game (minus high runes).

There are many good elite unique/set items that drops a truckload if you just run meph a few times

Yet those are the same items people complain are worse than rares and blues, no?

I feel like if they overloaded the game with meaningless greens and golds just for the illusion that loot is abundant, that doesn't really accomplish anything, right?

I recall never getting anything like a Shako. I think my best find was probably eaglehorn at some point. Tarnhelm was my most proud loot find in D2 classic...

Now I think we are comparing the best of the best D2 items to fairly mediocre items in D3. Some sets in D2 were very helpful with set bonuses. In D3, you can't even build a whole set unless you use AH, and even then, there are fewer and the stats are even less unique.

I feel like if they overloaded the game with meaningless greens and golds just for the illusion that loot is abundant, that doesn't really accomplish anything, right?
Some of the better items in d2 were easily attainable. Stuff like Occulus, Skin of the Vipermagi, Shaftstop, etc. took way less runs than what you would currently need to do in d3 to gain simliar gear. Obviously this isn't feasible with the implementation of the AH though. It would be flooded with these items and everyone would have them from them ending up so cheap.

I recall never getting anything like a Shako. I think my best find was probably eaglehorn at some point. Tarnhelm was my most proud loot find in D2 classic...
I think Shako was a more rare one. I played a few years of D2, I'm pretty confident in saying I found every unique/set item in the game. I think I only found one SoJ though, and that was in Classic.

In d2 LOD uniques/sets are generally much better than rares (exceptions: rings, amulets, d2 classic and pre cruel/quickness nerf) you can cube/find.

I think I found something like five or six shakos over five years and tons of other uniques that were useful through just meph runs.

I never found a windforce or tyreal's might or something uber rare. Those stuff only drop in Act 5 hell and only from a select number of bosses (pindleskin, baal?).

despite being virtually the same game D2 and D3 and completely different in feel. But 1 major problem d3 fixed was Hit Chance......In D2 Hell you'd have like a 30% chance to hit unless you ramped Dexterity or had sweet runewords.

Hitting every time is like heaven.........Main complaint about D3 is why they made the Arcane and Ice spell virtually the same a stupid Beam. They could of designed the Ice attack better.

To all you Inferno Wizards out there (paging Intel_Hydralisk & Skizzy):

Right now in my Act 3 Siegebreaker farming build, I'm at 5800 armor, low 300's on resist 26k hp and 44k dps. I can usually clear Siegebreaker with a 5 stack in just under an hour.

My wand is a 925 dps 15% IAS and off hand is a source 65-235dmg with 67 INT, 70 VIT, 5600 extra health for globes, and increase Blizzard for 2 seconds.

I was considering trying to piece together an inferno melee wizard build posted here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5589541421?page=1

Problem is, it can be expensive. I don't want to dump all my gold into a build just to find out it's not viable in act 3 and act 4. However, it does look like a lot more fun than simply kiting (not to mention allowing me to actually work in tight areas).

You think this melee build could work for a wizard?

Melee wizardbuilds scare me. In my highest armor set I'm at 9k armor and 900+ resists. Even in archon pushing me to 10k armor and 1k resists, I still feel like a paper bag sometimes.

Doesn't Archon make you weaker? Atleast getting hit-wise?

I never played Wizard but I think that's what my friends said,

It doesnt matter, I didnt know people even payed attention to what armor they had on for Wizards.

The object is to not get hit. Iinferno does so much damage I highly doubt it makes any difference.

As for the people who asked about melee Wiz, good luck with that in inferno. :p Even monks and barbs have problems in inferno, but you think youre going to stack enough armor and vit to surpass them? I doubt it. :p

My friend played melee wizard on Inferno. Dies about the same amount as not, I think. Just because you play with the mind to not get hit, doesn't mean you'll not get hit.

what are these question marks on my stuff?
d3-rare.jpg

what are these question marks on my stuff?
d3-rare.jpg

You have to right click to identify the item on rares and above.

It doesnt matter, I didnt know people even payed attention to what armor they had on for Wizards.

The object is to not get hit. Iinferno does so much damage I highly doubt it makes any difference.

As for the people who asked about melee Wiz, good luck with that in inferno. :p Even monks and barbs have problems in inferno, but you think youre going to stack enough armor and vit to surpass them? I doubt it. :p

I hardly ever see monks having issues in Inferno. Ever. Same with barbs.

To all you Inferno Wizards out there (paging Intel_Hydralisk & Skizzy):

Right now in my Act 3 Siegebreaker farming build, I'm at 5800 armor, low 300's on resist 26k hp and 44k dps. I can usually clear Siegebreaker with a 5 stack in just under an hour.

My wand is a 925 dps 15% IAS and off hand is a source 65-235dmg with 67 INT, 70 VIT, 5600 extra health for globes, and increase Blizzard for 2 seconds.

I was considering trying to piece together an inferno melee wizard build posted here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5589541421?page=1

Problem is, it can be expensive. I don't want to dump all my gold into a build just to find out it's not viable in act 3 and act 4. However, it does look like a lot more fun than simply kiting (not to mention allowing me to actually work in tight areas).

You think this melee build could work for a wizard?

I am a Monk, not a Wizard. :p And IIRC, Intel_Hydralisk is a DH. Unless you were just calling us wizards for beating Inferno, then I honestly don't know to your question-- don't know wizards well enough. :p

Anyone got a good 1-h wep for a wizard for trade or sale? I need a better 1-hander and the gold prices on AH are ridiculous now...

100 million for over 1k dmg, what....no. Help a fellow [h]er :p

Anyone got a good 1-h wep for a wizard for trade or sale? I need a better 1-hander and the gold prices on AH are ridiculous now...

100 million for over 1k dmg, what....no. Help a fellow [h]er :p

1k dmg 1-handers are just barely over 2-3m. Don't count out blue weapons just because they're not yellow. ;)

Back