Diablo 3 Discussion Thread

Do you have a link/source confirming this? I'm far to scared to try after what they did to SC2 eyefinity users.

https://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics/statuses/201726183740686336
Jay Wilson ‏@Angryrobotics

@Dedisdead1 TOS against mods is so we can ban cheaters. I agree DarkD3 is not a cheat...yet. As long as it is not a cheat, no ban is likely.

SC2 is intended to be an e-sport and thus the definition/interpretation of "cheating" is going to be vastly less lenient (though I admit to not being familiar with the details of this SC2 incident). With D3, they just want to keep an even playing field.

I'm in act 2 now. I haven't found any decent gear thus far and feel like my guy is gimped based on my gear..Hopefully better shit drops soon,cuz I kinda feel like my arm is being twisted to use the AH..

I must be lucky. I am in ACT2 with a Monk and I have found a bunch of good items. I found a nice rare 2h staff I am using now in a random chest... I think it is just all luck of the draw

With how simple it is to buy relatively good items off the AH for relatively cheap, the game feels pretty cheese so far for me as a Barb. Level 27, starting act 3. Every slot has a rare item in it and I'm just facerolling stuff. Bosses don't even have a chance. Blue packs get taken down in 5 swings or so if they are not runners. It's pretty ridiculous.

I got to level 18 last night.

I notice I'm the only Barbarian, haha.

Also, does anyone else use their black smith? I've made some pretty pwn stuff so far.

Annnnnnnnnd, on 5/22... can you actually sell your loot for real $$ at the AH? Wtf? I'll farm all day and quit my job, pwn.

Do you have a link/source confirming this? I'm far to scared to try after what they did to SC2 eyefinity users.

Yeah, as someone said above, the eyefinity with SC2 is TOTALLY different just because that is such a competitive game where seconds and single clicks matter and of course the e sport scene.

With how simple it is to buy relatively good items off the AH for relatively cheap, the game feels pretty cheese so far for me as a Barb. Level 27, starting act 3. Every slot has a rare item in it and I'm just facerolling stuff. Bosses don't even have a chance. Blue packs get taken down in 5 swings or so if they are not runners. It's pretty ridiculous.

lol, +1. My barb rapes. At first he's kinda eh, but after you raise your strength and vitality pretty high, he's pretty much unstoppable.

Yeah because of this I am not going to use the AH. I want the challenge of playing the game with only the loot that I or my party finds in battle. It does seem very cheesy just to go and buy something just to steam roll the game. Of course someone will probably say that well you had to get the gold in the first place, but it's just not the same for me I guess. And def won't be buying off the RMAH, thats extra 7 layer cheddar type cheesy.

Just beat normal mode last night. Anyone have any idea if you can check friends' levels online? On the website?

I think the AH is nice if you use it to fill in your gear and not just to buy all your stuff from. I was having a hard time finding a decent weapon on my monk so I went on there and found a nice one for 20,000. I can see myself using it to fill in missing set pieces or the odd piece of gear that I need to finish my build.

It's a lot better than trading 15 P gems for something then trading that for something else then hoping I can trick some guy into trading me what I want.

Yeah because of this I am not going to use the AH. I want the challenge of playing the game with only the loot that I or my party finds in battle. It does seem very cheesy just to go and buy something just to steam roll the game. Of course someone will probably say that well you had to get the gold in the first place, but it's just not the same for me I guess. And def won't be buying off the RMAH, thats extra 7 layer cheddar type cheesy.

Yeah I'm at the point that I regret doing it. I mean, my strength is like 500, armor is over 1500, vitality is ridiculous. I can go into a 4 person server and go off solo and just 1 2 3 4 and everything dies instantly. It's fun, kinda, and very satisfying. But just no challenge.

Getting some bullshit "An unexpected error while updating required files. Please try again." message when I launch the game now. Battlenet site seems like it is down too.

I'm in act 2 now. I haven't found any decent gear thus far and feel like my guy is gimped based on my gear..Hopefully better shit drops soon,cuz I kinda feel like my arm is being twisted to use the AH..

The entire game feels like it's built around the Auction House, since stats and skill damages can only be affected by equipment.

Wait until you get past normal before you complain about being overpowered due to buying cheap rare items on the AH.

With out without using the AH to your advantage, normal is easy mode so lets not harp on that.

Just beat normal mode last night. Anyone have any idea if you can check friends' levels online? On the website?

They are rolling out online profiles "soon".

My brother beat hell last night... he solo'd everything as a Monk and did not use the AH.

I just finished Act 3 nightmare with a friend. We kept getting 1 shot in Act 2 by Belliel (sp?). We then hopped on the AH and gained about +40% dmg and +50% hp for around 10k gold... Gear ftw.

By the way, anybody notice how fast it is to level in comparison to d2? Jesus, night and day.

Is anybody playing now? I can't access Diablo III or the Blizzard and Battle.net websites. I just tried Starcraft II and that's down as well.

Be prepared to die a metric fuckton if you play a demon hunter. I'm in hell act 2, and die every time we encounter a blue pack, lol. My friend plays a monk in Hell, and he tanks like a beast, all the while doing similar damage to my Demon Hunter.

This lol.

DH is slightly too squishy IMO.

i have a feeling im going to be OP when i get to hell, ive been sitting in act 1 nightmare lvling up one of my friends and i stopped getting xp from trash only from quest rewards. im 41 atm on my monk

i think i need to just stop playing my monk and log in my friends account and level him up for him. lol

Not really done much these last few days but played this game, what is with all the hate on the interwebs on this game jeesh. Apart from some ping issues i think its a hell of alot of fun.

i see it got a metacritic score of 3.6 and tonnes of hate articles

Played again last night and had a good time, but the micro stutter was there the whole time. I didn't have it in the Beta, but since release I've had this awful Micro-stutter that keeps me just on the edge of queasy the whole time I play. I've tried changing all of the graphics settings, and none have an effect. I've even tried messing with the in-game audio settings, to no effect. Not sure what else to try.

Played again last night and had a good time, but the micro stutter was there the whole time. I didn't have it in the Beta, but since release I've had this awful Micro-stutter that keeps me just on the edge of queasy the whole time I play. I've tried changing all of the graphics settings, and none have an effect. I've even tried messing with the in-game audio settings, to no effect. Not sure what else to try.

I had the same issue in the open beta though, the game hitches alot. Blizzard should of fixed this really.

You can try this https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4078818245?page=1#6 it helps a little

I've tried to use the AH, but I personally have some issues with it. I find it clunky and difficult to use. Difficult to search for stuff. Sometimes it doesn't display anything at all. Can't sort for shit. You try to sort and then it just doesn't display anything. Is it just server issues/lag?

Why the hell does it just function like the WoW AH?

^ that is server lag. If you dont get a search response within about a second, switch to the other tabs then right back and search again. Might have to repeat a bunch of times. if you are getting lag dont try to sort the results or it searches again, just get more specific in your search.

The AH is pretty good, it has some bugs related to order filling, but otherwise it is far better than sinking money into the NPC crafters. Basically just set a max buyout, pick your item slot and a desired stat or two, search on that and arrange by lowest buyout price. Otherwise you will get hundreds of results, or have to put bids on things that you will outlevel before the 2 day auction ends.

i have a feeling im going to be OP when i get to hell, ive been sitting in act 1 nightmare lvling up one of my friends and i stopped getting xp from trash only from quest rewards. im 41 atm on my monk

i think i need to just stop playing my monk and log in my friends account and level him up for him. lol

I got to 41 naturally around late act2 NM. You aren't that far ahead.

Monk is amazing. I'm still basically playing a tank, though I switched from trying to be dodgy to dex+armor+maintaining the heal aura. Keeping that heal aura up keeps everyone else alive and they love it. The only thing that really messes me up is the spinning purple arcane traps.

I've tried to use the AH, but I personally have some issues with it. I find it clunky and difficult to use. Difficult to search for stuff. Sometimes it doesn't display anything at all. Can't sort for shit. You try to sort and then it just doesn't display anything. Is it just server issues/lag?

Why the hell does it just function like the WoW AH?

It's server issues. In the middle of the night, the searching/sorting works without a hitch. During the day, it really bogs down the way you described it.

Anyway, I've been stuck on the first boss in Act IV NM. I think he's a gear check because I literally get 1-shot by the boss's instant attack.

It's server issues. In the middle of the night, the searching/sorting works without a hitch. During the day, it really bogs down the way you described it.

Anyway, I've been stuck on the first boss in Act IV NM. I think he's a gear check because I literally get 1-shot by the boss's instant attack.

just get an over powered ass monk to tank for you... retarded how strong monks are.

SC2 is also different in that if you had the screen real estate that was better than your opponent you would be at a great advantage. Since its an esport, it has to be restricted.

The only issues i have so far is.

1. i can't zoom in to get a better view
2. i get a headache when playing for a bit, it just seems that the picture is unlcear, and i wish i could change the chat text size.

The only issues i have so far is.

1. i can't zoom in to get a better view
2. i get a headache when playing for a bit, it just seems that the picture is unlcear, and i wish i could change the chat text size.

1. Agree. I wish it would zoom in JUST a little bit more. Just a tiny bit, and I'd be ok with it.
2. Use mumble/vent instead of typing.

My Witch Doctor is a BEAST. I have so much good gear and I can stomp like a motha! So much AOE, so many PETs and perfect hybrid kiting class indeed. I'm going to be taking this character all the way to Inferno :)

1. Agree. I wish it would zoom in JUST a little bit more. Just a tiny bit, and I'd be ok with it.

Press Z

My Witch Doctor is a BEAST. I have so much good gear and I can stomp like a motha! So much AOE, so many PETs and perfect hybrid kiting class indeed. I'm going to be taking this character all the way to Inferno :)

Press Z

Z zooms in way too much. It's meant to look at your character, basically.

Not sure what to do with my barb. Once you get into hell/inferno all youre doing is kiting mobs until your heals are up. You really have no time to do damage and everything one shots you. Im speced defensively and have a shield and 45k hp but I cant tank anything its kind of stupid.

Not sure what to do with my barb. Once you get into hell/inferno all youre doing is kiting mobs until your heals are up. You really have no time to do damage and everything one shots you. Im speced defensively and have a shield and 45k hp but I cant tank anything its kind of stupid.

Are you playing alone, or with a group?

Back